Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default compressed-air drills

On 5/25/10 2:03 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Tue, 25 May 2010 01:01:30 -0400,
wrote:

Here is 238,000 occurances to look through.

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&rl...f&oq=&gs_rfai=

wrote in message
If the guy, from a few weeks ago, can paint with a nail gun, they must be
dangerous projectiles. Video doesn't lie. You saw it! ;-)

BTW, I think the case in question was a Hilti. ...a little different beast
than a pneumatic nailer.

Here is a link to a similar case, involving a ramset

http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=5220,2123430

Florida, 1973.

3" nail was fired through a wall, traveled across the room, hit her in
the chest and exited out her back...after traveling through a 2x4 (deep
width) and then bounced around the room finally coming to a rest.

Another one from 1967,,,,

http://www.bmj.com/cgi/pdf_extract/4/5582/784

Killing of an attacking pit bull dog, using a nail gun.

http://www.shortnews.com/start.cfm?id=68664

NONE of those involve AIR nailers.
They are ALL gunpowder actuated devices, which are essentially handguns
with nails.

We are talking about AIR nailers. Apple to orange.

After reading your last reply to me in which you call me a ******
buffoonish, and then reading your sig file... well, let's just say, I'm
tripping over the blatant irony.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)