Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Stein Jack Stein is offline

Default compressed-air drills

Jerome Meekings wrote:

I have an air drill, It is nice for drilling wood because of the low
torque and high rpm, but I would not try to drive screws with it.

I have lots of air tools but don't like them much for wood because they
need oil, and I always end up with oil on my hands, and oil and wood
don't mix. My sanders use a ton of air and a big compressor

I like air for painting and blowing off dust mostly.

Speaking of which, I found a new use for air. When cleaning paint
nozzles from little cans of paint, you are supposed to turn the can
upside down and spray until clear air comes out. Well, I have a blowgun
with a rubber tip that I discovered you can insert the paint can spray
nozzle and blow air through the nozzle. Works really well, including on
clogged nozzles if you soak them in lacquer thinner a bit.

--
Jack
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional,