Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default WRF is non-adult social care?

In article ,
dennis@home wrote:
In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
I worked for a private comapny up until I became too ill to work. Do
you work for a private company?

Yes I do, and employees are sacked if they discuss remuneration.

Crikey. See where your attitude comes from now. How very sad not being
allowed to discuss work with your colleagues.

You get a big award from the tribunal if they do sack you for that as
its illegal.

Quite. I do wonder what planet some are on - paying every single worker
doing the same job different amounts. I'd guess those who think that work
in HR and are trying to hype up their job.

And I'm not saying someone exceptionally good in a job shouldn't have some
form of merit award. Or that those who are incompetent shouldn't be
dismissed.

--
*I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/02/2018 23:45, pamela wrote:
On 22:12 17 Feb 2018, Fredxx wrote:

On 17/02/2018 21:56, pamela wrote:
On 21:12 17 Feb 2018, Fredxx wrote:

On 17/02/2018 20:51, pamela wrote:
On 19:20 17 Feb 2018, Fredxx wrote:

In article ,
dennis@home wrote:
And this line manager is going to set the salary of each
and every person on a regular basis? Secretly, I assume? Or
are you going to make these figures available to the
workforce?

Is you wage a secret or do you tell everyone what it is?

When I worked for a large company it was absolutely not a
secret. Based on a grade and pay scale, same as everyone
else.

You only have to look at the trouble the BBC is in by trying
to keep pay a secret. Although that only really applied to
very small numbers of those it employed in one way or
another.

The BBC is unusual in having to publish salaries. Most
companies have contractual clauses that prevent any discussion
of salaries with other employees in fear of dismissal.

They do? I've never worked in one of those companies.

When was the last time you worked for a private company?

I worked for a private comapny up until I became too ill to work.
Do you work for a private company?

Yes I do, and employees are sacked if they discuss remuneration.
Having said that, some can be discerned by the cars they drive!
Older companies, such as Plessey, also had this rule.

I have never had that constraint imposed on me and never heard of
any company which required it although perhaps there were some years
ago. Since 2010 it is illegal to sack someone for disclosing pay or
upbraid them in any way for it.

See Equality Act 2010 c.15, Part 5, Ch 3, Disclosure of information,
Section 77

"Discussions about pay"

(1) A term of a person's work that purports to prevent or
restrict the person (P) from disclosing or seeking to disclose
information about the terms of P's work is unenforceable against
P in so far as P makes or seeks to make a relevant pay
disclosure."

"(2) A term of a person's work that purports to prevent or
restrict the person (P) from seeking disclosure of information
from a colleague about the terms of the colleague's work is
unenforceable against P in so far as P seeks a relevant pay
disclosure from the colleague; and 'colleague' includes a former
colleague in relation to the work in question."

"(4) The following are to be treated as protected acts for the
purposes of the relevant victimisation provision€” (a) seeking a
disclosure that would be a relevant pay disclosure; (b) making or
seeking to make a relevant pay disclosure; (c) receiving
information disclosed in a relevant pay disclosure."

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2010/15/section/77

Many thanks indeed. I had no idea that this right to discuss pay and
conditions was now enshrined in law.

One then wonders why any contract of employment would have a
non-disclosure clause, apart to impart fear into employees, when they
are a "protected" act.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
dennis@home wrote:
In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
I worked for a private comapny up until I became too ill to work. Do
you work for a private company?

Yes I do, and employees are sacked if they discuss remuneration.

Crikey. See where your attitude comes from now. How very sad not being
allowed to discuss work with your colleagues.

You get a big award from the tribunal if they do sack you for that as
its illegal.

Quite. I do wonder what planet some are on - paying every single worker
doing the same job different amounts.

It's a way of keeping wage costs as low as possible.

I wonder what planet some are on in not understanding this.

There are rumours that some companies only hire men with families with
children at school, in the the knowledge they are unlikely to move and
disrupt their child(ren)'s schooling. So no need for a pay increase.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 18 Feb 2018 11:20:50 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
I worked for a private comapny up until I became too ill to work. Do
you work for a private company?

Yes I do, and employees are sacked if they discuss remuneration.

Crikey. See where your attitude comes from now. How very sad not being
allowed to discuss work with your colleagues.

And it does raise the question about what else Fred considers to be
fact but turns out to be fiction? ;-(

Like how sure he is us leaving the EU would be the best thing for us,
even though they have haven't yet decided what leaving actually means?

I hope that if we do actually leave the EU they tighten up the
borders, what with us being thrown out of Europol ...

https://preview.tinyurl.com/yc5kpunk

“The UK will not be able to benefit from the European Defence Fund the
same way Member States will. The UK will no longer be involved in
decision-making, nor in planning our defence and security
instruments."

But hey, I'm sure this was all predicted in the Brexiteers crystal
ball and will be spun as another 'win' by them ... (well, the deluded
fanatics anyway). ;-(

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
pamela wrote:
No such thing as 'union rates'. A union negotiates the rate for a
job on behalf of its members in each company it is represented in.

That's called a union rate. It's usually far more than the market
rate.

You should join a union then pamela. Would get that chip off your shoulder.

--
* What do they call a coffee break at the Lipton Tea Company? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

pamela wrote:

On 11:06 18 Feb 2018, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
pamela wrote:
What - offering jobs internally first? You think that only
happens in the public sector?

Public sector jobs should be open to the public. The public
sector belongs to all of us and the public should have a right to
apply for any protected plum jobs.

Right - so the important bit is not the best person for the job?
Just any old layabout who likes the idea of a decent salary?

The important bit is not to give a job to someone well-connected but to
award it based on their ability to do the job.

To whom is it "important"? A private company is perfectly entitled to
give preference for jobs to the well-connected, provided it does not
thereby break equality laws. They may well feel the goodwill it
generates compensates for the smaller pool of applicants. Right or
wrong, it is purely their business, not yours.

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
In article ,
James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Sat, 17 Feb 2018 12:58:50 -0000, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
The best way would probably be to deliberately make the vehicle
inoperative, stick on the hazard lights, then you can claim you broke
down. Pull out an HT lead, then you can try to start it without success.

You have a car with an HT lead? How very quaint.

How else do you think the spark plug operates? (Diesels excepted)

You've not looked at an engine made in the last 20 years or so?

yep. coil pack, HT leads...

So you think removing one HT lead would stop it running? You probably do.

no, but swapping two might work

look exactly the same afterwards."

Billy Connolly
Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

On 18/02/18 11:18, dennis@home wrote:
On 17/02/18 22:32, dennis@home wrote:
wrote:

In article ,
Â*Â*Â* James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
The best way would probably be to deliberately make the vehicle
inoperative, stick on the hazard lights, then you can claim you
broke
down.Â* Pull out an HT lead, then you can try to start it without
success.

You have a car with an HT lead? How very quaint.

How else do you think the spark plug operates?Â* (Diesels excepted)

You've not looked at an engine made in the last 20 years or so?

yep. coil pack, HT leads...

Most recent engines have the coil pack mounted directly to the plug
and don't have any HT leads.

But not ALL Denise.

Sometimes the plugs are buried in deep and there isnt room

Where did I say all? You do understand the English word "most"?

the OP never said most

look exactly the same afterwards."

Billy Connolly
Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

In article ,
dennis@home wrote:
Most recent engines have the coil pack mounted directly to the plug and
don't have any HT leads.

Getting on for 30 years with some.

But still not universal

look exactly the same afterwards."

Billy Connolly
Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Most recent engines have the coil pack mounted directly to the plug and
don't have any HT leads.

But not ALL Denise.

Sometimes the plugs are buried in deep and there isnt room

Err, those are the most common type to use COP. The coil is one piece so
easy to remove from the plug. A plug lead to a deeply recessed plug would
be difficult to remove without damage to it.

shows the sort of crap cars you have worked on

a long thin plugtop usuially with a rubber gasket to keep out water...

look exactly the same afterwards."

Billy Connolly

Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

On Sun, 18 Feb 2018 01:08:43 -0000, Roger Hayter wrote:

Steve Walker wrote:

On 15/02/2018 21:37, Tim Ward wrote:

Anyway, no point in remembering rules, as nowadays councils are
introducing so many new traffic calming measures, nobody has a ****ing
clue who goes first etc.

Councils can only do what's within the law - council officers tend to
refuse instructions from councillors to put up illegal signs (I know,
I've tried). So the rules are the same everywhere, councils just can't
go round inventing new ones no matter how much they might like to.

It took several years to get the government to change the law to allow
us to put up "no entry except cyclists" signs - and now that they are
legal they could appear anywhere in the country.

So yes the rules are likely to have changed since you (or I) took the
test, but not by much, and not by anything major, and they'll have
changed uniformly across the country, not randomly by council.

I've got several junctions around here where they've removed the give
way lines. People just guess who goes first or wave at each other.
We have several of those. We also have one just round the corner with
"give way" on all four approaches. No trouble with any of them. I think
the trick is for everybody approaching the junction to think to
themselves "I've got no actual real need to drive through this junction
like a complete and utter prick, so I think I'll simply refrain from
doing so".

We've got one of those. Typically everyone stops to let the other(s) go,
then decides that they've stopped to let them go, so they all set off at
once and then slam the brakes on. Happens all the time.

SteveW

Is there no new rule in the Highway Code to deal with this?

People learn to drive when they get to 17. They don't relearn the highway
code to check for new rules every os often.

Normal people do, actually. Just the same as they seek the latest info
in their professional life.

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

pamela wrote:

pamela wrote:
What - offering jobs internally first? You think that only
happens in the public sector?

Public sector jobs should be open to the public. The public
sector belongs to all of us and the public should have a right
to apply for any protected plum jobs.

Right - so the important bit is not the best person for the
job? Just any old layabout who likes the idea of a decent
salary?

The important bit is not to give a job to someone well-connected
but to award it based on their ability to do the job.

To whom is it "important"? A private company is perfectly
entitled to give preference for jobs to the well-connected,
provided it does not thereby break equality laws.

So you *do* want public centre ethics and rules when it suits you!!

The whole point of privatisation (as opposed to government agencies) is
that private rules apply.

We were orginally talking about London Underground which is
effectively an extension of the public sector and suffers from
significant union presence.

Highly paid trainee tube drivers are recruited from internal staff
who have no more experince of train driving than a member of the
public. The job's rewards are negotiated by the union who didn't
want the public to be able to apply.

They may well feel the goodwill it generates compensates for the
smaller pool of applicants. Right or wrong, it is purely their
business, not yours.

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

Where did I say all? You do understand the English word "most"?

the OP never said most

So reply to him and tell him.
And while you are at it tell him you were wrong anyway.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

In article ,
Â*Â*Â* The Natural Philosopher wrote:
wrote:

In article ,
Â*Â*Â*Â* James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
The best way would probably be to deliberately make the vehicle
inoperative, stick on the hazard lights, then you can claim you
broke
down.Â* Pull out an HT lead, then you can try to start it without
success.

You have a car with an HT lead? How very quaint.

How else do you think the spark plug operates?Â* (Diesels excepted)

You've not looked at an engine made in the last 20 years or so?

yep. coil pack, HT leads...

So you think removing one HT lead would stop it running? You probably do.

no, but swapping two might work

Not very likely, many engines just spark on all cylinders at the same
time. Only one is actually in a state where it will ignite.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/02/2018 16:12, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , pamela
wrote:

On 11:06Â* 18 Feb 2018, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Â*Â* pamela wrote:
What - offering jobs internally first? You think that only
happens in the public sector?

Public sector jobs should be open to the public.Â* The public
sector belongs to all of us and the public should have a right to
apply for any protected plum jobs.

Right - so the important bit is not the best person for the job?
Just any old layabout who likes the idea of a decent salary?

Why would you employ any old layabout?

Because they are the only internal applicant?

Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

Default Gay ****** Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL), the Sociopathic Attention Whore

On Sun, 18 Feb 2018 20:20:59 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

Learn to stop snipping, nobody knows WTF you're on about.

Learn to shut your stupid gob finally, Birdbrain! Everyone thinks you are a
complete idiot! I mean, EVERYONE:

--
ItsJoanNotJoann addressing Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"You're an annoying troll and I'm done with you and your

--
AndyW addressing Birdbrain:
"Troll or idiot?...

--
Phil Lee adressing Birdbrain Macaw:
"You are too stupid to be wasting oxygen."

--
Phil Lee describing Birdbrain Macaw:
"I've never seen such misplaced pride in being a ****ing moronic motorist."

--
Tony944 addressing Birdbrain Macaw:
"I seen and heard many people but you are on top of list being first class

--
Pelican to Birdbrain Macaw:
"Ok. I'm persuaded . You are an idiot."

--
DerbyDad03 addressing Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"Frigging Idiot. Get the hell out of my thread."

--
Kerr Mudd-John about Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"It's like arguing with a demented frog."

--
Mr Pounder Esquire about Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"the **** poor delivery boy with no hot running water, 11 cats and

--
Rob Morley about Birdbrain:
"He's a perennial idiot"

--
JoeyDee to Birdbrain
"I apologize for thinking you were a jerk. You're just someone with an IQ

--
Sam Plusnet about Birdbrain (now "James Wilkinson Sword" LOL):
"He's just desperate to be noticed. Any attention will do, no matter how

--
asking Birdbrain:
"What, were you dropped on your head as a child?"

--
Christie addressing endlessly driveling Birdbrain Macaw (now "James
Wilkinson" LOL):

--
Mr Pounder's fitting description of Birdbrain Macaw:
"You are a well known fool, a tosser, a pillock, a stupid unemployable

--
Richard to pathetic ****** Hucker:
"You haven't bred?

--
about Birdbrain (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
""not the sharpest knife in the drawer"'s parents sure made a serious

--
Mr Pounder exposing sociopathic Birdbrain:
"You will always be a lonely sociopath living in a ******** with no hot

--
francis about Birdbrain (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"He seems to have a reputation as someone of limited intelligence"

--
Peter Moylan about Birdbrain (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"If people like JWS didn't exist, we would have to find some other way to

Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

wrote:

In article ,
Â*Â*Â*Â* James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
The best way would probably be to deliberately make the vehicle
inoperative, stick on the hazard lights, then you can claim you
broke
down.Â* Pull out an HT lead, then you can try to start it
without success.

You have a car with an HT lead? How very quaint.

How else do you think the spark plug operates?Â* (Diesels excepted)

You've not looked at an engine made in the last 20 years or so?

yep. coil pack, HT leads...

So you think removing one HT lead would stop it running? You
probably do.

no, but swapping two might work

Not very likely, many engines just spark on all cylinders at the same
time. Only one is actually in a state where it will ignite.

Oh dear.

You need to learn more.
Try

https://www.popularmechanics.com/car.../a603/2593431/

for how it works.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

wrote:

[...]

You are utterly clueless and illiterate.

Try reading part that says "uses a single coil to fire a pair of cylinders".

A four cylinder will have two coils, etc, etc more for more cylinders.

Perhaps you run a 2 cylinder car and so can be excused for the mistake.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

wrote:

[...]

That's good coming from a brexiteer.
Just how much of a hypocrite are you?

Try reading part that says "uses a single coil to fire a pair of
cylinders".

A four cylinder will have two coils, etc, etc more for more cylinders.

Perhaps you run a 2 cylinder car and so can be excused for the mistake.

So?
What I said was correct as I didn't specify how many cylinders.
I didn't even say it was four stroke.
But you can't even read a two line posting.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

wrote:

[...]

Your a typical Remoaner making incorrect claims.

Try reading part that says "uses a single coil to fire a pair of
cylinders".

A four cylinder will have two coils, etc, etc more for more cylinders.

Perhaps you run a 2 cylinder car and so can be excused for the mistake.

So?
What I said was correct as I didn't specify how many cylinders.
I didn't even say it was four stroke.

So not very helpful and typically misleading in true Remoaner style.

But you can't even read a two line posting.

I read "just spark on all cylinders at the same time" in answer to the
post "but swapping two might work".

Most people with English as their first language would assume there were
more than two cylinders in the first place. One could easily take you to
be an immigrant.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 18 Feb 2018 22:30:51 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

The public service is stuffed with baby-boomers because of this,
while in the private sector many would have been made redundant
in their 50's (some deservedly so).

The impact on the unfunded NHS pensions bill has yet to be seen.

Close the NHS, make it all private, stop the bludging.

How OFTEN did the NHS institutionalize you already, you mentally
handicapped, unemployable, sociopathic ******? Eh, PETER HUCKER? BG

--
Unemployable, mentally handicapped Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson"
LOL) about his life as a dole and welfare who
Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

wrote:

You have a car with an HT lead? How very quaint.

How else do you think the spark plug operates?Â* (Diesels excepted)

You've not looked at an engine made in the last 20 years or so?

yep. coil pack, HT leads...

So you think removing one HT lead would stop it running? You probably
do.

no, but swapping two might work

Not very likely, many engines just spark on all cylinders at the same
time. Only one is actually in a state where it will ignite.

I think that would only work on a two cylinder engine, like the
motorcycle I used to have where the spark plugs were wired in series, so
the plug of one cylinder fired at the end of the compression stroke and
the other at the end of the exhaust stroke.

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

computer controlled - were responsible for making sure the
robot didn't miss out large chunks.

They didn't have robots in the mid 1970's !!!.
Just loads of morons with brummy accents using
spot welders and manual spray guns.

Try harder.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 18 Feb 2018 16:21:50 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

snip

What amuses me are mini roundabouts with 3 entrances. Often, I'm one of 3 arriving at the same time. Everyone just stops and doesn't have a clue what to do. So I go first. I don't see the problem. You give way to those on your right, and since the person on my right has stopped, I can go, in fact we call can.

Except some have different markings giving (I believe) one entrance
priority (in your last instance) ...

The other issue with mini roundabouts arises because of their size. I
believe vehicles already on the roundabout have priority over those
that aren't so if you pull onto a mini roundabout in front of someone
approaching from your right ... ?

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:

pamela wrote:
What - offering jobs internally first? You think that only
happens in the public sector?

Public sector jobs should be open to the public. The public
sector belongs to all of us and the public should have a right to
apply for any protected plum jobs.

Right - so the important bit is not the best person for the job?
Just any old layabout who likes the idea of a decent salary?

Why would you employ any old layabout?

Why indeed. But according to pamela it is such a cushy job everyone and
his dog wants it. After all it can be done by absolutely anyone. So why
exclude layabouts?

--
*Proofread carefully to see if you any words out or mispeld something *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
Very productive having employees simmering over that rather than
getting on with the job.

Why don't the employees just get on with the job instead of simmering?

They'd be dreaming up ways of getting the foreman to put them on a higher
rate than their workmates. Only natural in pamela's world of dog eat dog.
Where what you get paid is the only important thing.

--
*I dropped out of communism class because of lousy Marx.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

On Sun, 18 Feb 2018 11:17:56 -0000, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
You've not looked at an engine made in the last 20 years or so?

Tell me how high voltage magically gets to the spark plugs.

Individual coils fit the spark plugs directly. So no HT wires.

You must have a snobby car.

Wrong. I have two snobby cars.

--
*Suicidal twin kills sister by mistake.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

pamela wrote:
What - offering jobs internally first? You think that only
happens in the public sector?

Public sector jobs should be open to the public. The public
sector belongs to all of us and the public should have a right to
apply for any protected plum jobs.

Right - so the important bit is not the best person for the job?
Just any old layabout who likes the idea of a decent salary?

The important bit is not to give a job to someone well-connected but to
award it based on their ability to do the job.

To whom is it "important"? A private company is perfectly entitled to
give preference for jobs to the well-connected, provided it does not
thereby break equality laws. They may well feel the goodwill it
generates compensates for the smaller pool of applicants. Right or
wrong, it is purely their business, not yours.

You have to remember pamela is only concerned with the pay. If any company
was restricting cleaning work on minimum pay to relatives of employees,
she'd not have mentioned it.

Wonder what she makes of the corner shop employing only relatives?

--
*Why isn't 11 pronounced onety one? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
pamela wrote:
Organised labour unions do have a role but not in militancy or
overprotectionism.

It is a unions job to do the very best for its members. There are plenty
who want worse conditions and pay for everyone. Including you, it would
seem. Except yourself, obviously.

The trouble with politicised unions is they
want to run the country even though they haven't been elected.

Of course they are going to be political. When governments interfere with
the bargaining between employer and employee.

--
*If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

[...]

It might - although many with a single coil pack are wasted spark...

--
*We are born naked, wet, and hungry. Then things get worse.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Most recent engines have the coil pack mounted directly to the plug and
don't have any HT leads.

But not ALL Denise.

Sometimes the plugs are buried in deep and there isnt room

Err, those are the most common type to use COP. The coil is one piece so
easy to remove from the plug. A plug lead to a deeply recessed plug would
be difficult to remove without damage to it.

shows the sort of crap cars you have worked on

Dear Turnip - so behind the times as usual. Pretty well every decent car
designed in the last 20 odd years uses COP.

a long thin plugtop usuially with a rubber gasket to keep out water...

Instead of a one piece coil? How very old fashioned and crude.

--
*Why is 'abbreviation' such a long word?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

In article ,
dennis@home wrote:
Not very likely, many engines just spark on all cylinders at the same
time. Only one is actually in a state where it will ignite.

Hardly - unless a two cylinder.

--
*DOES THE LITTLE MERMAID WEAR AN ALGEBRA?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

wrote:

[...]

Why would you want to create 4 sparks for the price of one?

Sparks are cheap. Beauty with wasted spark - which dennis is thinking of
but getting rather confused with - is it only needs a signal from the
crankshaft. Dizzy ignition or any form of sequential requires an engine
phase signal. A dizzy being the very worst as that signal varies due to
slop in the drive to it.

--
*He who laughs last has just realised the joke.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
Hmm, I thought Our Dave was ****ing on the idea that external
applicants are a good idea, by characterising it as employing "any old
layabout". I was asking him why someone looking to have a position
filled would employ such.

I thought that was what pamela wanted? She has no interest in choosing the
best person for the job at all.

--
*Your kid may be an honours student, but you're still an idiot.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
pamela wrote:
Organised labour unions do have a role but not in militancy or
overprotectionism.

It is a unions job to do the very best for its members. There are plenty
who want worse conditions and pay for everyone. Including you, it would
seem. Except yourself, obviously.

Well, Pamela saw no issue with a family living on a national minimum wage.

The trouble with politicised unions is they
want to run the country even though they haven't been elected.

Of course they are going to be political. When governments interfere with
the bargaining between employer and employee.

And when they get too powerful, political forces tend to put them back
to where they should be. Thatcher, for instance, got that mandate.

Unions also have a habit of promoting backward practices and shunning
new technology.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
Very productive having employees simmering over that rather than
getting on with the job.

Why don't the employees just get on with the job instead of simmering?

They'd be dreaming up ways of getting the foreman to put them on a higher
rate than their workmates.

What's wrong with that?

Perhaps working harder might do the trick.