Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default WRF is non-adult social care?

Only ever to others - as
reported by the Mail.

I was actually working at the London Hospital at that time,
so I well remember what was going on. I didn't need to read
anything in any newspaper to tell me.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/02/2018 00:34, pamela wrote:
The Union's dishonest sham when they strike is that they are
protecting services to the public to hide their total self-interest.

The southern guards strike being a classic example. It's nothing to
do with who presses a button to shut the doors, it's all about
money. This was suspected all along, but the cat is out of the bag
now.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
RJH wrote:
Certainly, the interests of members is a part of any action - but what's
wrong with that? Who do you expect to represent workers' interests?

Workers should do what they're told and be glad to have a job. Any job. At
any pay and conditions. Surely this is obvious?

The rest of the world does not owe us a living. They can make
stuff that is better made and more reliable, which is why
British Leyland no longer exists. And that was before China
decided to join (and dominate) the global trade business.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Easy enough to to prove
by looking at how much investment in the German car industry of the time,
versus the UK.

Throughout the 60's and 70's, any attempt by a manufacturing
company to improve production investment, was instantly blocked
by wildcat strikes and union demands for more money.

Many of these companies just withered away as foreign manufacturers
took away the business.

How many fridges and washing machines are made in the UK now ?. None.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/02/2018 17:03, pamela wrote:
When the Japanese set up in the UK they made sure their
manufacturing plants were a long way from former British plants.

when Nissan built its factory in Sunderland they did not employ
a *single* person who had been even remotely involved in the
UK car industry because they would be tainted goods.

They trained everyone from scratch.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/02/2018 23:43, Roger Hayter wrote:
Wages have fallen and numbers have
reduced following privatisation (hence MRSA etc in our hospitals).

There you go again.

WHAT PRIVATISATION ?.

MRSA got out of hand because of ONE single important factor.

When Nulabia got into power they were obsessed with reducing
waiting lists and jammed so many more beds onto each ward that
it allowed MRSA and C Diff to take a hold.

It's basic microbiology and cross infection control, something that
I know more about that you do. Stop posting utter crap.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

So you didn't notice the part about no one abroad ever even having heard
of the NHS? Meaning those health tourists simply picked this country at
random?

Most health tourists already have a link to this country, which is
not difficult after 13 years of NuLabias multi-cultural 'experiment'.

They come in as tourists, with pre-existing problems and then turn
up at A&E, and then they're in. By the time the health trust has
become aware and given them a bill it is too late. They just leave
without paying.

Some attend GPs using their UK relatives name and no-one ever knows.

Like benefit fraud, we only know about the detected fraud, which may
be the tip of an iceberg.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/02/2018 16:25, pamela wrote:
On 16:04 13 Feb 2018, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
pamela wrote:
I suggest you read the bit I was responding to. That's why I
don't just cut and paste the entire thread.

Below is your message that I replied to in its entirety. It
seems to have its own context. I replied to say health tourists
come here because their care will be free and are not drawn here
because the NHS is the best.

------------------------- START -------------------------
In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:

Yes, there is this conceit here that the NHS is "the envy of
the world". Whereas in fact in countries I have lived in, no
one has ever heard of the NHS. Those overseas watching the 2012
Olympics must have been bemused.

So you didn't notice the part about no one abroad ever even having
heard of the NHS? Meaning those health tourists simply picked this
country at random?

Health tourists picked the NHS because for decades it never checked the
elgbility of those who used it.

I heard from friends in Asia how one trick they had been advised was to
visit to the UK whilst close to giving birth and let the NHS handle it.
Not only do you get higher standard of birthcare than in the 3rd world
but the baby is a British citizen and can bring in the rest of the
family.

Strewth. I sincerely hope this sort of loophole has been closed.

This happened in Ireland, and the entire family then got Irish
citizenship. Irish maternity services were being swamped by africans
playing this trick and the loophole was only closed about 10 years
ago.

Naturally, once they had an EU passport, it was whoosh, off to London
to get a free council house.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/02/2018 22:03, Roger Hayter wrote:
The "loophole" of children
born in this country automatically being British citizens was closed at
least forty years ago, possible fifty.

It was only closed in Ireland in much more recent years.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/02/2018 16:45, pamela wrote:
On 16:20 13 Feb 2018, dennis@home wrote:

On 13/02/2018 13:12, pamela wrote:

My experience of the NHS is that it is generally second rate.
Maybe it's free and that makes it wonderful but it's too often
second rate.

What are you comparing it to?
IME it is extremely good.

Take your pick.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/he...ld-ranking-uk-
healthcare-worse-ireland-spain-slovenia-30th-lancet-a7744131.html

OR https://tinyurl.com/ya54e3ul

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...-medical-legal

Another reason why the cost of the NHS is too high.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
bert wrote:
In article , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
Terry Casey wrote:
Yes - I don't think it was coincidence that the ASLEF,
miners' and power workers' disputes always targetted their
ultimate customers - the general public - during the coldest
months of the year.

Err, if you are going to have a dispute, best to have it when the effects
are minimal? Really?

Fine but spare us the **** about being in the public's best interest.

Err, what do you actually think the job of a union is, bert? To look after
the interests of those who actually pay for it, or you?

The union is supposed to look after the interests of its members and the
government everyone.

However frequently in the past some unions weren't really interested in
their members but were on a power binge and trying to topple governments.

Once a union tries to pervert democracy it deserves to go.

The Japanese had the right idea, one union so you didn't get all the
stupid demarcation disputes that put paid to the ship and car industries
in the UK. It was plain stupid that a few men could bring a car plant to
a standstill over anything they felt like.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

On 15/02/2018 11:14, Max Demian wrote:

I got a ticket for parking in a resident bay to visit a resident.
Apparently it was the wrong resident bay (although they were all
marked "residents").

Obviously you should have looked for a bay marked "visitors", or asked
your host which was his place. Did the proper resident complain?

With a lot of councils visitors can't park in residents bays even if the
resident lends them a pass as the passes are not transferable.

However JWS has done everything in the past so treat it with a pinch of
salt.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/02/2018 01:16, Roger Hayter wrote:
I think you are remembering a film comedy about trade unions rather than
real life.

ROFL.

Those film comedies were made because of what was going on in real life.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
I think you are remembering a film comedy about trade unions rather than
real life.

And there were plenty of those during that era, too. Why? Because it
was one of those things that everyone knew needed fixing, but couldn't
be. So we made fun of it because the issue struck a chord with people.
For exactly the same reason that we found Fawlty Towers funny.

Quite. And having effectively curtailed unions by abolishing the
industries they were once strong in, we have ended up with a country that
needs to import so much manufactured goods. And has the real value of take
home pay falling. Just what a good Tory wanted.

Come off it. The UK car buyers dumped leyland cars, vans and lorries
because imported vehicles were better value all round. It took Honda
to show BL how to make cars properly.

The public vote with their wallets. When China started producing stuff
much cheaper than a UK factory, it was game over for the UK employees.
Nothing had to be imported because a factory closed in the UK, it was
the other way round.

And it was Nulabs mass immigration project that pushed down wages in
the construction, hospitality and all things related. Pay certainly
didn't fall in the public service, it was jamboree time. The
grundian public service jobs section ran to dozens of pages in the
noughties before online recruitment took over.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Not expected you to know the real reason - lack of investment. The British
disease.

I've already pointed out the reality. Any attempt at investment in the
60's and 70's was met with wildcat strikes and walkouts.

The Germans and Japanese must have been rolling on the floor with
mirth.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

A better paint plant should result in higher quality and lower costs.
Increasing demand. Allowing those now spare to be re-deployed. As happens
in any decent industry who care about their workforce.

Rover cars regularly left the factory without any paint on the
underside of the doors.

A better paint plant would have been sabotaged by the union
activists.

My school friend was the son of a ford car dealer. I remember
new cars having to have a 'PDI' before the customer took it,
and this invariably meant checking all the bolts to make sure
they were tight, or even actually present. Door, bonnet and
boot clearances were all over the place. Glue was frequently
smeared on interior linings. Sometimes the car arrived
without headlamps if the Lucas factory was on strike. The
dealer would have to raid his stores and fit them.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

In article ,
dennis@home wrote:
On 15/02/2018 11:14, Max Demian wrote:

I got a ticket for parking in a resident bay to visit a resident.
Apparently it was the wrong resident bay (although they were all
marked "residents").

Obviously you should have looked for a bay marked "visitors", or asked
your host which was his place. Did the proper resident complain?

With a lot of councils visitors can't park in residents bays even if the
resident lends them a pass as the passes are not transferable.

In Brighton residents can buy visitors' permits allowing use of the
residents bay.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/02/2018 20:14, Roger Hayter wrote:
Andrew wrote:

On 11/02/2018 20:34, Roger Hayter wrote:
Clue: I was a member of a trade union all my working life,

Thanks for confirming what I had been suspecting for some time.

I remember the 1970's when people were bullied into joining trades
unions.

I wasn't.

I *was*.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
dennis@home wrote:
Its hardly surprising people didn't invest in the car industry..
if they built a new paint shop that only needed half the men to do the
job the unions still insisted on having the original number and wanted
more pay for doing an easier job.

Very true. Goes totally against the Tory mantra of sacking as many workers
as possible. After all, they are born to be in charge?

A better paint plant should result in higher quality and lower costs.
Increasing demand.

This is true if you can cut the manning. Its not true if you are left
with just as many with half doing nothing and the other half resenting
being the ones doing the work.

Allowing those now spare to be re-deployed. As happens
in any decent industry who care about their workforce.

The unions didn't let them be redeployed!
They wanted the same number of jobs for their workers and weren't going
to let them join another union to work on the production line or in the
stores or whatever union was in power there.
You have heard of closed shops haven't you?

But doesn't win the footie game you seem to think such things are.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew wrote:

On 12/02/2018 23:49, Roger Hayter wrote:
This was a payment for providing a service.

He wasn't 'providing' a service, he was doing what all
money-grubbers do, he looked at all the juicy 'tick-box'
enhancements he could make (Offer dietary advice, kerching,
box ticked, rinse and repeat hundreds or thousands of times)
and that is how he artificially boosted his 'self employed'
income. Remember, this directly affects his NHS pension.

You totally misunderstand the situation. It was entirely the
management side that wanted all these tick-box exercises done and they
reserved part of agreed remuneration to GPs that wouldn't be given until
they were done. With some exceptions, they weren't extras, they were
things that needed to be done to maintain income. And the GPs were and
remain somewhat doubtful about the value of most of them.

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew wrote:

On 13/02/2018 13:15, pamela wrote:

It was his personal income (salary and benefits).

Assessing people for 'whiplash' injuries is a nice little earner.

My own GP, who retired about 2 years ago seems to be running a
consultancy that does this from his house. I regularly get asked
by strangers where 'xxxxx chambers' is. It was only when one
person showed me the letter he had from a claims company that
I noticed the actual house name, so then I knew who it was.

This is true, scandalous, and nothing whatever to do with the NHS or
general practice.

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew wrote:

On 12/02/2018 23:43, Roger Hayter wrote:
Wages have fallen and numbers have
reduced following privatisation (hence MRSA etc in our hospitals).

There you go again.

WHAT PRIVATISATION ?.

MRSA got out of hand because of ONE single important factor.

When Nulabia got into power they were obsessed with reducing
waiting lists and jammed so many more beds onto each ward that
it allowed MRSA and C Diff to take a hold.

If you said throughput, occupancy and transfers all increased you might
have a point.

But increasing total beds (they were greatly decreased) or putting more
beds on wards (some time in the 90s this practice totally ceased and
beds down the middle of Nighingale wards were forbidden) is simply
nonsense.

It's basic microbiology and cross infection control, something that
I know more about that you do. Stop posting utter crap.

Basic microbiology would tell you that if you privatise the cleaning
services, take control out of the hands of ward sisters and employ
managers loyal to the cleaning contractor, and stick to a jobsworth
defined cleaning schedule regardless of what actually needs doing then
you will have filthy conditions much of the time.

The more intensive use you refer to (inaccurately) above only makes this
worse.

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Roger Hayter wrote:
Andrew wrote:

[...]

I can remember a handwritten sign in our local hospital saying "Light bulbs
are only changed by our contactor on Mondays". This was in the public
"Gents toilet" which was almost in darkness. I never discoverd if te hsame
rule applied to the operating theatres/

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Andrew wrote:
And you fail to mention the employer's
contribution which was quite large. And, interestingly, GPs have to pay
the employer's contribution out of their gross remuneration, as
self-employed. And even all that is subject to a maximum pension pot of
1.2M which is equivalent to a relatively moderate final salary.

And who is the 'employer' ??. The rest of us. Taxpayers.

And who do you think ultimately pays for a 'private' pension? That would
be the customers. Should they have a say too?

--
*You can't teach an old mouse new clicks *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Andrew wrote:
On 14/02/2018 22:35, bert wrote:
Which show how overpaid tube train drivers are. Could/should be replaced
with robots.

The Victoria line was designed to run driverless right from the start.
Naturally the unions prevented this from happening.

Do you actually know when the Victoria line started operating?

If so, you'd also likely know the results of a passenger survey asking if
they wanted unmanned trains. But then the likes of you likely don't care
what those paying to use the service want anyway.

--
*I like cats, too. Let's exchange recipes.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Andrew wrote:
In article ,
RJH wrote:
Certainly, the interests of members is a part of any action - but what's
wrong with that? Who do you expect to represent workers' interests?

Workers should do what they're told and be glad to have a job. Any job. At
any pay and conditions. Surely this is obvious?

The rest of the world does not owe us a living. They can make
stuff that is better made and more reliable, which is why
British Leyland no longer exists. And that was before China
decided to join (and dominate) the global trade business.

I tend to agree. Making leaving the protection of the EU even more stupid.
Perhaps in the long term we can cut wages and costs to match the likes of
China. Exactly what a good Tory wants. Provided it doesn't effect him,
obviously.

--
*IF ONE SYNCHRONIZED SWIMMER DROWNS, DO THE REST DROWN TOO?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

In message , at 13:20:16 on Thu, 15
Feb 2018, charles remarked:

I got a ticket for parking in a resident bay to visit a resident.
Apparently it was the wrong resident bay (although they were all
marked "residents").

Obviously you should have looked for a bay marked "visitors", or asked
your host which was his place. Did the proper resident complain?

With a lot of councils visitors can't park in residents bays even if the
resident lends them a pass as the passes are not transferable.

In Brighton residents can buy visitors' permits allowing use of the
residents bay.

Are we sure Peter was parking in a non-street residents' permit only
bay? (For which such arrangements are commonplace).
--
Roland Perry
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , at 09:11:13 on Thu, 15
Feb 2018, Handsome Jack remarked:

The OECD is not political at all. It merely aggregates statistics
supplied by member states. And very professionally too.

See, for example, this OECD press release. Not political at all ...

It's only political seen through the eyes of a climate change denier.

To the rest it's just presenting a multi-governmental plan based on the
evidence.
--
Roland Perry
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew wrote:

On 11/02/2018 20:34, Roger Hayter wrote:
Clue:Â* I was a member of a trade union all my working life,

Thanks for confirming what I had been suspecting for some time.

I remember the 1970's when people were bullied into joining trades
unions.

I wasn't.

I *was*.

You could not operate in the printing or graphic deign business without
being a member of the union. Without the stamp your work would not get
printed.

You will not get a job in the performing arts today without being a
member of Equity. A horrendously right on Left wing organisation full of
social justice warriors who couldn't make it as actors, like Tony Robinson

--
New Socialism consists essentially in being seen to have your heart in
the right place whilst your head is in the clouds and your hand is in

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/02/18 14:32, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 09:11:13 on Thu, 15
Feb 2018, Handsome Jack remarked:

The OECD is not political at all. It merely aggregates statistics
supplied by member states. And very professionally too.

See, for example, this OECD press release. Not political at all ...

It's only political seen through the eyes of a climate change denier.

Do you mean those who deny that climate change shows almost no
correlation with CO2 levels whatsoever Roland?

To the rest it's just presenting a multi-governmental plan based on the
evidence.

Er no Roland. The evidence ALL points the *other* way.

Did you fall for the AGW scam?

Bless!

Josef Stalin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , at 14:42:50 on Thu, 15 Feb
2018, The Natural Philosopher remarked:

The OECD is not political at all. It merely aggregates statistics
supplied by member states. And very professionally too.

See, for example, this OECD press release. Not political at all ...

It's only political seen through the eyes of a climate change
denier.

Do you mean those who deny that climate change shows almost no
correlation with CO2 levels whatsoever Roland?

To the rest it's just presenting a multi-governmental plan based on
the evidence.

Er no Roland. The evidence ALL points the *other* way.

Oh dear, a climate change denier steps right into the poop.
--
Roland Perry
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 15 February 2018 13:21:23 UTC, charles wrote:
In article ,
dennis@home wrote:
On 15/02/2018 11:14, Max Demian wrote:

I got a ticket for parking in a resident bay to visit a resident.
Apparently it was the wrong resident bay (although they were all
marked "residents").

Obviously you should have looked for a bay marked "visitors", or asked
your host which was his place. Did the proper resident complain?

With a lot of councils visitors can't park in residents bays even if the
resident lends them a pass as the passes are not transferable.

In Brighton residents can buy visitors' permits allowing use of the
residents bay.

Same in London I have quite a few, you just sctatch off the details of date and time. I have some 1, 2, and 5 hours 'tickets' but it doesnl;t mention residetns as such it;s just a tocket that allows yuo to part outside almost any house in the local area for the time stated.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/02/18 14:59, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 14:42:50 on Thu, 15 Feb
2018, The Natural Philosopher remarked:

The OECD is not political at all. It merely aggregates statistics
supplied by member states. And very professionally too.

See, for example, this OECD press release. Not political at all ...

Â*It's only political seen through the eyes of a climate change denier.

Do you mean those who deny that climate change shows almost no
correlation with CO2 levels whatsoever Roland?

Â*To the rest it's just presenting a multi-governmental plan based on
theÂ* evidence.

Er no Roland. The evidence ALL points the *other* way.

Oh dear, a climate change denier steps right into the poop.

No, you were there already Roland

Even the people who promote the AGW meme obviously dont take it
seriously. They rush around in big cars and jets, have beachfront houses
and oppose the one cost effect means of reducing CO2 emissions -
Nuclear power - by legislating it beyond economic viability.

And they refuse to engage in debate, instead using playground tactics
like calling people 'deniers' - thereby demonstrating they are afraid of
and ashamed of the real science.

Its really all a bit pathetic and childish isn't it Roland?

"The decision to de-carbonise the electricity market through the
introduction of intermittent generation has fundamentally changed the
nature of the market€¦on a physical level where falling inertia requires
a new approach to voltage management, and economically where no aspect
of the system is able to operate without some form of subsidy or
external support. All of this is being paid for by consumers through
ever increasing bills, and it is far from clear whether de-carbonisation
goals can be met and whether it would make any difference if they were."

http://watt-logic.com/2018/02/14/t-4-capacity-auction/

More cash into crony pockets, more virtue signalling, more fuel poverty
for the plebs and no impact on emissions whatsoever.

"German public broadcasting, here for example, reports today that
despite all the green, climate-preaching, Germany will miss its 2020 CO2
reductions by a mile. More embarrassingly, the country has not reduced
its CO2 equivalent emissions in 9 years when 2017 is counted in the
statistics."

http://notrickszone.com/2017/12/06/e...ets-by-a-mile/

Either all the people driving government policy and EU policy are
incompetent and stupid, or they simply dont care about anything other
than the appearance of emissions reductions. Or most probably both.

As with Tony Blair, when it was clear at the time to any engineers who
knew te fiorst thing about weaponry that the claims in the dodgy dossier
were dodgy, one has to ask whether you are merely incompetent or a lying
****, Roland?

Or is it both?

private property.

Karl Marx

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 09:11:13 on Thu, 15
Feb 2018, Handsome Jack remarked:

The OECD is not political at all. It merely aggregates statistics
supplied by member states. And very professionally too.

See, for example, this OECD press release. Not political at all ...

It's only political seen through the eyes of a climate change denier.

To the rest it's just presenting a multi-governmental plan based on the
evidence.

But deciding what if anything to do about climate change is pure
politics. Or do you think there are principles and laws of human
conduct that are so obviously right, like the American Second Amendment,
and the value of globalised free markets, that politicians should not be
allowed to question them?

--

Roger Hayter

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
says...

In article ,
Terry Casey wrote:
Yes - I don't think it was coincidence that the ASLEF,
miners' and power workers' disputes always targetted their
ultimate customers - the general public - during the coldest
months of the year.

Err, if you are going to have a dispute, best to have it when the effects
are minimal? Really?

The strikes were aimed at their respective employers - what
good did it do to deliberately target their employers'
customers who were nothing whatsoever to do with the disputes?

They would have had the same effects on their employers'
busineses at any time of the year.

As it was, the power and mining disputes must have done
wonders for gas central heating with a consequent loss of
jobs.

The commuters that ASLEF targeted didn't really have the
option of transferring to the roads - they were already full
to capacity and beyond by the commuters who'd turned to cars
after the seven week London Transport strike of 1958 -
starting in May - during which there were no services in
London and large parts of the Home Counties - prior to 1971,
the LT area was much larger than today.

It turned a profitable business into a loss making one that
has needed subsidies ever sense. LT was still in the middle of
its bus renewal programme which had been interupted by the war
and brand new buses were sold off in lots of 500 without ever
entering service.

I would imagine that a lot of the strikers now no longer had
jobs to go back to. Clever move, wasn't it?

--

Terry
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Andrew wrote:
On 13/02/2018 17:03, pamela wrote:
When the Japanese set up in the UK they made sure their
manufacturing plants were a long way from former British plants.

when Nissan built its factory in Sunderland they did not employ
a *single* person who had been even remotely involved in the
UK car industry because they would be tainted goods.

Really? Got some proof of that? Not one single person?

Of course they didn't employ assembly workers from the car making areas.
They were all a long way away. The whole idea of the government grants etc
was to provide new employment in an area where the traditional industries
had declined.

You'll be telling us next that shipyards etc never had industrial
disputes. Which is why Nissan chose Sunderland.

They trained everyone from scratch.

That's a step up from BL, then. Training was an unnecessary expense there.

--
*I like cats, too. Let's exchange recipes.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
You could not operate in the printing or graphic deign business without
being a member of the union. Without the stamp your work would not get
printed.

True. Far better (in that time) to get someone in from the local job
centre and let them loose on your expensive printing equipment. They'll
soon learn, after all. If it lasts that long.

You will not get a job in the performing arts today without being a
member of Equity.

Good to know you're so up to date. That ceased in 1988.

A horrendously right on Left wing organisation full of social justice
warriors who couldn't make it as actors, like Tony Robinson

The vast majority of actors, Equity members or not, never 'make it'.

Did didums get turned down for a part at the local rep?

--
*If a thing is worth doing, wouldn't it have been done already?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
In Brighton residents can buy visitors' permits allowing use of the
residents bay.

Same in London I have quite a few, you just sctatch off the details of
date and time. I have some 1, 2, and 5 hours 'tickets' but it doesnl;t
mention residetns as such it;s just a tocket that allows yuo to part
outside almost any house in the local area for the time stated.

Round here if you have a resident's pass and wish to allow a visitor to
use the residents area, you simply go online and enter in the vehicle reg
number. And pay the fee, of course.

--
*Speak softly and carry a cellular phone *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Terry Casey wrote:
Err, if you are going to have a dispute, best to have it when the
effects are minimal? Really?

The strikes were aimed at their respective employers - what
good did it do to deliberately target their employers'
customers who were nothing whatsoever to do with the disputes?

Because the money a customer pays for that service or goods goes to the
employer. Taking strike action when the trains aren't running to avoid
inconveniencing the public would be as much use as a chocolate teapot.

--
*You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive *