Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

Default WRF is non-adult social care?

Looking at my council tax bill, the foollowing apply

Non adult social care £1376.87
Adult social care precept £69.63
Police & crime commissioner £216.00
District council £174.02
Pa3ish Council £56.65

TOTAL £1893.32

So 72% of my council tax is on 'non adult social care'

What exactly the **** is that?
education?

A web search reveals no answers unless you can formulate a bettter query.

fully understood.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

On 09/02/18 09:14, jim wrote:
The Natural Philosopher Wrote in message:
Looking at my council tax bill, the foollowing apply

Non adult social care £1376.87
Adult social care precept £69.63
Police & crime commissioner £216.00
District council £174.02
Pa3ish Council £56.65

TOTAL £1893.32

So 72% of my council tax is on 'non adult social care'

What exactly the **** is that?
education?

A web search reveals no answers unless you can formulate a bettter query.

Shurely "everything" except "adult social care"
& the other
specified items...

What, like a personal tanning assistant for the county council CEO?

It has to be 'social care' but for who?

Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
Jim Jim is offline

--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Non adult is children I'd have thought. Its a nonsense having a split. its
been going on for years. In the old days some councillors had a three way
split in the budgets, children, working age and older people etc, and if
you were disabled and moved between them you ended up with a different team
every time you moved.
All councils are now obliged to pay more for adult social care and its
shared cost wise with nhs, or should I say, that its commissioned jointly.
The idea is that health and welbeing are grouped together for a more
'joined up' approach. The reality is that a lot of both are given to
charities ( third sector) and private companies for cheapness meaning
fragmentation once again.
They do not seem to get the importance of managing services for people not
for lowest costs.

Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
news
Looking at my council tax bill, the foollowing apply

Non adult social care £1376.87
Adult social care precept £69.63
Police & crime commissioner £216.00
District council £174.02
Pa3ish Council £56.65

TOTAL £1893.32

So 72% of my council tax is on 'non adult social care'

What exactly the **** is that?
education?

A web search reveals no answers unless you can formulate a bettter query.

--
All political activity makes complete sense once the proposition that all
government is basically a self-legalising protection racket, is fully

Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

On 09/02/18 09:14, jim wrote:
The Natural Philosopher Wrote in message:
Looking at my council tax bill, the foollowing apply

Non adult social care £1376.87
Adult social care precept £69.63
Police & crime commissioner £216.00
District council £174.02
Pa3ish Council £56.65

TOTAL £1893.32

So 72% of my council tax is on 'non adult social care'

What exactly the **** is that?
education?

A web search reveals no answers unless you can formulate a bettter query.

Shurely "everything" except "adult social care"
& the other
specified items...

What, like a personal tanning assistant for the county council CEO?

It has to be 'social care' but for who?

Seems you still assume "non adult social care"
, means "social
care for non adults"...

I'm suggesting it actually means (careful now) - non "adult
social care".

You may substitute "not" for "non"...

why not then 'non police and crime and social care and roads and
highways and education and sitting in te town hall masturbating' then?

I mean whar is the point of breaking out items when they represent less
tnam 30% of the total, at all?

Anyway basically you havent a clue either?

let them."

Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

So 72% of my council tax is on 'non adult social care'

What exactly the **** is that?
education?

Presumably it's intended to be read as "non-[adult social care]" rather
than "[non-adult] social care"

so child services, schooling, emptying bins, mowing the village green,
local roads, etc

https://fullfact.org/health/council-tax-and-social-care-explaining-your-bill/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 9 February 2018 09:32:55 UTC, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Non adult social care £1376.87
Adult social care precept £69.63
Police & crime commissioner £216.00
District council £174.02
Pa3ish Council £56.65

why not then 'non police and crime and social care and roads and
highways and education and sitting in te town hall masturbating' then?

Because Police and Crime, District Council, and Parish Council are amounts charged on behalf of other authorities. The first two lines are your local council.

Your local council expenditure is split into Adult Social Care, and "Other", because Adult Social Care money is ring-fenced for that purpose and because your council is allowed to increase that part of the council tax by 3%, and the "Other" by 2%.

Also depending on your local councils arrangement the Adult Social Care might be a precept paid to another council eg if you are charged by a town council for your council tax but social care is a county council responsibility.

At least up here we have unitary authorities. They're still wasteful and incompetent, but there's only one of them to deal with.

Owain
Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

In message , at 09:08:45 on Fri, 9 Feb 2018,
The Natural Philosopher remarked:

Non adult social care £1376.87
Adult social care precept £69.63
Police & crime commissioner £216.00
District council £174.02
Pa3ish Council £56.65

TOTAL £1893.32

So 72% of my council tax is on 'non adult social care'

What exactly the **** is that?
education?

From the size of the number, yes, much of it will be county-funded
education.
--
Roland Perry
Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

I mean whar is the point of breaking out items when they represent less
tnam 30% of the total, at all?

Because for a couple of years, councils are allowed to increase adult
social care by more than their other services, but if they do they're
required to breakdown the increases separately on the bill.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

Looking at my council tax bill, the foollowing apply

Non adult social care £1376.87
Adult social care precept £69.63
Police & crime commissioner £216.00
District council £174.02
Pa3ish Council £56.65

TOTAL £1893.32

So 72% of my council tax is on 'non adult social care'

What exactly the **** is that?
education?

Everything else that isn't ring fenced for adult social care.

Education, bins, libraries, roads etc.

It would make much more sense if they broke it down into the chunks that
represent 10% of budget and then had a final category "other".

I suppose they are obliged to report how much they spend on adult social
care by the law so that is exactly what they do. It isn't enough which
is why the hospitals are clogged up with elderly people with nowhere
safe for them to be discharged to. Care homes outside the SE are going
bust if they are dependent on mostly local authority for their income.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

Martin Brown wrote:

I suppose they are obliged to report how much they spend on adult
social care by the law

Yes, this gobbledegook ....

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2017/13/regulation/2/made
Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

On 09/02/2018 09:43, Andy Burns wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

So 72% of my council tax is on 'non adult social care'

What exactly the **** is that?
education?

Presumably it's intended to be read as "non-[adult social care]" rather
than "[non-adult] social care"

so child services, schooling, emptying bins, mowing the village green,
local roads, etc

https://fullfact.org/health/council-tax-and-social-care-explaining-your-bill/

That was my reading of it too, but it's an odd way to identify the spending.

PB
Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

On 09/02/18 09:53, Andy Burns wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

I mean whar is the point of breaking out items when they represent less
tnam 30% of the total, at all?

Because for a couple of years, councils are allowed to increase adult
social care by more than their other services, but if they do they're
required to breakdown the increases separately on the bill.

Oh. So it's a case of Bureaucratic Bull**** Baffles Brains, is it?

Like the time I got a ticket for 'parking in a prescribed parking place'

--
Labour - a bunch of rich people convincing poor people to vote for rich
people

Peter Thompson
Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

Roland Perry wrote:

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

So 72% of my council tax is on 'non adult social care'
What exactly the **** is that?
education?

From the size of the number, yes,

Given the largest item of council spending is adult social care, I
suspect that 1/3 of the "non adult social care" *is* actually adult
social care, just that it happens to be the non-precept part of adult
social care ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

On 09/02/18 09:51, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 09:08:45 on Fri, 9 Feb 2018,
The Natural Philosopher remarked:

Non adult social care £1376.87
Adult social care precept £69.63
Police & crime commissioner £216.00
District council £174.02
Pa3ish Council £56.65

TOTAL £1893.32

So 72% of my council tax is on 'non adult social care'

What exactly the **** is that?
education?

From the size of the number, yes, much of it will be county-funded
education.

Shame they didn't educate the bureaucrats that write this rubbish

and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally
important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for
the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the
truth is the greatest enemy of the State.

Joseph Goebbels

Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

In message , at 09:43:02 on Fri, 9 Feb
2018, Andy Burns remarked:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

So 72% of my council tax is on 'non adult social care'
What exactly the **** is that?
education?

Presumably it's intended to be read as "non-[adult social care]" rather
than "[non-adult] social care"

so child services, schooling, emptying bins, mowing the village green,
local roads, etc

At least two of those are not going to apply to that section of OP's
bill (for county services, where there are separate line items for
District and Parish).
--
Roland Perry
Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

In message , at 10:11:05 on Fri, 9 Feb
2018, Andy Burns remarked:

So 72% of my council tax is on 'non adult social care'
What exactly the **** is that?
education?

From the size of the number, yes,

Given the largest item of council spending is adult social care,

It's what they call "Children families and adults", in Cambridgeshire.
The biggest slice so which by far is schools.

I suspect that 1/3 of the "non adult social care" *is* actually adult
social care, just that it happens to be the non-precept part of adult
social care ...

--
Roland Perry
Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
Jim Jim is offline

Andy Burns Wrote in message:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

So 72% of my council tax is on 'non adult social care'

What exactly the **** is that?
education?

Presumably it's intended to be read as "non-[adult social care]" rather
than "[non-adult] social care"

so child services, schooling, emptying bins, mowing the village green,
local roads, etc

https://fullfact.org/health/council-tax-and-social-care-explaining-your-bill/

Echo! :-)
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
Jim Jim is offline

The Natural Philosopher Wrote in message:
On 09/02/18 09:51, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 09:08:45 on Fri, 9 Feb 2018,
The Natural Philosopher remarked:

Non adult social care £1376.87
Adult social care precept £69.63
Police & crime commissioner £216.00
District council £174.02
Pa3ish Council £56.65

TOTAL £1893.32

So 72% of my council tax is on 'non adult social care'

What exactly the **** is that?
education?

From the size of the number, yes, much of it will be county-funded
education.

Shame they didn't educate the bureaucrats that write this rubbish

Shame on your "elite" educashunfor not equipping you to find the
answer to your own question in the first place ;-)

--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Looking at my council tax bill, the foollowing apply

Non adult social care £1376.87
Adult social care precept £69.63
Police & crime commissioner £216.00
District council £174.02
Pa3ish Council £56.65

TOTAL £1893.32

Almost 2 grand council tax? No wonder you voted Brexit. Must be a lot of
pikeys living there claiming housing benefit.

--
*Whatever kind of look you were going for, you missed.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

On Fri, 9 Feb 2018 09:43:02 +0000, Andy Burns
wrote:

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

So 72% of my council tax is on 'non adult social care'

What exactly the **** is that?
education?

Presumably it's intended to be read as "non-[adult social care]" rather
than "[non-adult] social care"

Yes.

so child services, schooling, emptying bins, mowing the village green,
local roads, etc

Yes, although in this case some of those are not functions of the
county council. So a better breakdown would be:

County Council (other than Adult Social Care)
County Council (Adult Social Care)
Police and Crime Commissioner
District Council
Parish Council

In unitary authority areas, it would be different.

Mark
Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
ss ss is offline

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Looking at my council tax bill, the foollowing apply

Non adult social care £1376.87
Adult social care precept £69.63
Police & crime commissioner £216.00
District council £174.02
Pa3ish Council £56.65

TOTAL £1893.32

Almost 2 grand council tax? No wonder you voted Brexit. Must be a lot of
pikeys living there claiming housing benefit.

Scotland, I am on £1435 per year and 33% goes to pay their pensions!
Not disclosed in their reports but info from freedom of information.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

On 09/02/2018 16:40, ss wrote:
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Looking at my council tax bill, the foollowing apply

Non adult social care £1376.87
Adult social care precept £69.63
Police & crime commissioner £216.00
District council £174.02
Pa3ish Council £56.65

TOTAL £1893.32

Almost 2 grand council tax? No wonder you voted Brexit. Must be a lot of
pikeys living there claiming housing benefit.

Scotland, I am on £1435 per year and 33% goes to pay their pensions!
Not disclosed in their reports but info from freedom of information.

Yes the Local Government pension bomb has not exploded yet. It will be
a national problem.

Will make Carillion look like childs play.

https://goo.gl/1uUBgy

Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

In article ,
ss wrote:
Almost 2 grand council tax? No wonder you voted Brexit. Must be a lot of
pikeys living there claiming housing benefit.

Scotland, I am on £1435 per year and 33% goes to pay their pensions!
Not disclosed in their reports but info from freedom of information.

And that's just the pensions of the various chief constables. ;-)

--
*What am I? Flypaper for freaks!?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
ss wrote:
Almost 2 grand council tax? No wonder you voted Brexit. Must be a lot
of pikeys living there claiming housing benefit.

Scotland, I am on £1435 per year and 33% goes to pay their pensions!
Not disclosed in their reports but info from freedom of information.

And that's just the pensions of the various chief constables. ;-)

there's now only the one.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

Oh. So it's a case of Bureaucratic Bull**** Baffles Brains, is it?

Ah. A typical TNP response to the modern world, but, this time, by
George I think he's got it!

--
Tim Ward - 07801 703 600
www.brettward.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

pamela wrote:

On 16:40 9 Feb 2018, ss wrote:

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Looking at my council tax bill, the foollowing apply

Non adult social care £1376.87
Adult social care precept £69.63
Police & crime commissioner £216.00
District council £174.02
Pa3ish Council £56.65

TOTAL £1893.32

Almost 2 grand council tax? No wonder you voted Brexit. Must be a
lot of pikeys living there claiming housing benefit.

Scotland, I am on £1435 per year and 33% goes to pay their
pensions! Not disclosed in their reports but info from freedom of
information.

That's outrageous but may not be uncommon.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/n...Third-council-
tax-spent-staff-pensions-warns-leading-council-finance-chief.html

Former idlers are being kept comfortable by good money taken from
their own communities. For shame.

Why is it a "shame" that people are paid a pension they worked for and
contriibuted to, maybe for most of a lifetime? It would be much more
of a "shame" if the contract were broken. If the funding is difficult
now, all it suggests is the the council were negligent in maintaining
the fund in past years.

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

In article ,
Roger Hayter wrote:
Why is it a "shame" that people are paid a pension they worked for and
contriibuted to, maybe for most of a lifetime? It would be much more
of a "shame" if the contract were broken. If the funding is difficult
now, all it suggests is the the council were negligent in maintaining
the fund in past years.

Odd the way pensions are always too generous or whatever. Until the person
saying that retires, of course.

--
*Why do we say something is out of whack? What is a whack?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Europeans on the minimum wage, no NHS access after Brexit

In article ,
T i m wrote:
Brexiteer: 'If we actually leave the EU I *hope* we can sort out a
good deal that *might* make everyone better off' (assuming they care
about 'everyone' of course). ;-(

That's a change. It's more usually the crystal ball - 'things will be
fine' type of thing. Precisely why I voted remain. They failed to persuade
me they had any firm plans for the future. So I'd rather not jump off a
cliff because people like Turnip assure me it will be fine.

--
*The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

On Fri, 09 Feb 2018 09:08:45 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Looking at my council tax bill, the foollowing apply

Non adult social care £1376.87 Adult social care precept £69.63 Police &
crime commissioner £216.00 District council £174.02 Pa3ish Council
£56.65

TOTAL £1893.32

So 72% of my council tax is on 'non adult social care'

What exactly the **** is that?

I don't even know what plain old ordinary "social care" is! I suspect I'd
be pretty furious if I ever found out, so perhaps in this case, ignorance
is bliss.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 10 Feb 2018 00:44:59 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
T i m wrote:
Brexiteer: 'If we actually leave the EU I *hope* we can sort out a
good deal that *might* make everyone better off' (assuming they care
about 'everyone' of course). ;-(

That's a change. It's more usually the crystal ball - 'things will be
fine' type of thing. Precisely why I voted remain. They failed to persuade
me they had any firm plans for the future.

Quite.

So I'd rather not jump off a
cliff because people like Turnip assure me it will be fine.

I'd say that was a good reason *specifically* not to!

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
pamela wrote:
Council staff in the old days who are now pensioners were not exactly
famous for hard work and diligence in their service to the public.
Public sector pensions, including council staff, were out of line with
the rest of the market and set to be reduced but the government shirked
that fight a few years ago even though it was long overdue. The result
is the public sector overpays itself in pensions and I now see as much
as 33% of council tax goes towards index linked local pensions.

Wouldn't it be better to bring private pensions in line with the public
sector? Rather than reduce everything to a low mean?

I know that might mean spending patterns while of working age might have
to change, but at the end of the day it is society's choice.

My brother chose to teach for the decent holidays and pension. Even
although it was poorly paid for much of his working life.

Pretty well all public sector jobs have worse pay than the equivalents in
the private sector, so a pension just goes some way to make that
difference up.

--
*Confession is good for the soul, but bad for your career.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

pamela wrote:

On 23:48 9 Feb 2018, Roger Hayter wrote:

pamela wrote:

In article ,

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/n...3005730/Third-
council-
tax-spent-staff-pensions-warns-leading-council-finance-chief.html

Former idlers are being kept comfortable by good money taken from
their own communities. For shame.

Why is it a "shame" that people are paid a pension they worked for
and contriibuted to, maybe for most of a lifetime? It would be
much more of a "shame" if the contract were broken. If the
funding is difficult now, all it suggests is the the council were
negligent in maintaining the fund in past years.

Council staff in the old days who are now pensioners were not exactly
famous for hard work and diligence in their service to the public.

Are you sure this is true? I am aware of many diligent and competent
council workers. Often dealing with social issues that are not the
pleasantest to handle. Perhaps this is a myth that only Express and
Mail readers believe in?

Public sector pensions, including council staff, were out of line with
the rest of the market and set to be reduced but the government shirked
that fight a few years ago even though it was long overdue. The result
is the public sector overpays itself in pensions and I now see as much
as 33% of council tax goes towards index linked local pensions.

If people are happy with the destruction of pension schemes, starting
with the private sector and then the public sector, so be it. But it
is not a law of nature that people can't have decent pensions. You are
perhaps too easily conned by the bosses.

--

Roger Hayter

Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

Cursitor Doom wrote:

On Fri, 09 Feb 2018 09:08:45 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Looking at my council tax bill, the foollowing apply

Non adult social care £1376.87 Adult social care precept £69.63 Police &
crime commissioner £216.00 District council £174.02 Pa3ish Council
£56.65

TOTAL £1893.32

So 72% of my council tax is on 'non adult social care'

What exactly the **** is that?

I don't even know what plain old ordinary "social care" is! I suspect I'd
be pretty furious if I ever found out, so perhaps in this case, ignorance
is bliss.

It's things like residential homes and going round to people's houses
and feeding and washing them. You may be furious that they can't just
die in their own squalour, but some of us are not.

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

On 10/02/18 11:49, Roger Hayter wrote:
Cursitor Doom wrote:

On Fri, 09 Feb 2018 09:08:45 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Looking at my council tax bill, the foollowing apply

Non adult social care £1376.87 Adult social care precept £69.63 Police &
crime commissioner £216.00 District council £174.02 Pa3ish Council
£56.65

TOTAL £1893.32

So 72% of my council tax is on 'non adult social care'

What exactly the **** is that?

I don't even know what plain old ordinary "social care" is! I suspect I'd
be pretty furious if I ever found out, so perhaps in this case, ignorance
is bliss.

It's things like residential homes and going round to people's houses
and feeding and washing them. You may be furious that they can't just
die in their own squalour, but some of us are not.

Of course the tax regime means that the traditional thing of having your
family look after you is now unaffordable for most families.

The state takes the responsibility and the money from the next generation.

It's called socialism. It's all about being institutionally uncaring.

--
"If you dont read the news paper, you are un-informed. If you read the
news paper, you are mis-informed."

Mark Twain
Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Of course the tax regime means that the traditional thing of having your
family look after you is now unaffordable for most families.

The state takes the responsibility and the money from the next
generation.

Good to know you are going to rely on your family to look after you when
it is needed. Do they know this?

--
*HOW DO THEY GET DEER TO CROSS THE ROAD ONLY AT THOSE YELLOW ROAD SIGNS?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
pamela wrote:
I'm sure there were many exceptions but my personal experience was
that public sector staff were always too busy to handle matters and
I would have to wait weeks, whereas a commercial company would have
asked staff to crack on through any backlog. If you phoned local
authority staff they would be out of the office at the stroke of 4pm
or tiem their end of day was.

Why would you phone them when you knew it was the end of their day?

If Sainsbury close at 2200, do you expect to start shopping at 2205?

--
*Why do overlook and oversee mean opposite things? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Of course the tax regime means that the traditional thing of having your
family look after you is now unaffordable for most families.

The state takes the responsibility and the money from the next
generation.

Good to know you are going to rely on your family to look after you when
it is needed. Do they know this?

No, I worked hard enough and had no kids, so I can pay for my care

--
Any fool can believe in principles - and most of them do!