Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default WRF is non-adult social care?

pamela wrote:

On 23:48 9 Feb 2018, Roger Hayter wrote:

pamela wrote:

On 16:40 9 Feb 2018, ss wrote:

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Looking at my council tax bill, the foollowing apply

Non adult social care £1376.87
Adult social care precept £69.63
Police & crime commissioner £216.00
District council £174.02
Pa3ish Council £56.65

TOTAL £1893.32

Almost 2 grand council tax? No wonder you voted Brexit. Must
be a lot of pikeys living there claiming housing benefit.

Scotland, I am on £1435 per year and 33% goes to pay their
pensions! Not disclosed in their reports but info from freedom
of information.

That's outrageous but may not be uncommon.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/n...3005730/Third-
council-
tax-spent-staff-pensions-warns-leading-council-finance-chief.html

Former idlers are being kept comfortable by good money taken from
their own communities. For shame.

Why is it a "shame" that people are paid a pension they worked for
and contriibuted to, maybe for most of a lifetime? It would be
much more of a "shame" if the contract were broken. If the
funding is difficult now, all it suggests is the the council were
negligent in maintaining the fund in past years.

Council staff in the old days who are now pensioners were not exactly
famous for hard work and diligence in their service to the public.

Are you sure this is true? I am aware of many diligent and competent
council workers. Often dealing with social issues that are not the
pleasantest to handle. Perhaps this is a myth that only Express and
Mail readers believe in?

Public sector pensions, including council staff, were out of line with
the rest of the market and set to be reduced but the government shirked
that fight a few years ago even though it was long overdue. The result
is the public sector overpays itself in pensions and I now see as much
as 33% of council tax goes towards index linked local pensions.

If people are happy with the destruction of pension schemes, starting
with the private sector and then the public sector, so be it. But it
is not a law of nature that people can't have decent pensions. You are
perhaps too easily conned by the bosses.

--

Roger Hayter