Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default WRF is non-adult social care?

Non adult is children I'd have thought. Its a nonsense having a split. its
been going on for years. In the old days some councillors had a three way
split in the budgets, children, working age and older people etc, and if
you were disabled and moved between them you ended up with a different team
every time you moved.
All councils are now obliged to pay more for adult social care and its
shared cost wise with nhs, or should I say, that its commissioned jointly.
The idea is that health and welbeing are grouped together for a more
'joined up' approach. The reality is that a lot of both are given to
charities ( third sector) and private companies for cheapness meaning
fragmentation once again.
They do not seem to get the importance of managing services for people not
for lowest costs.

Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
news
Looking at my council tax bill, the foollowing apply

Non adult social care £1376.87
Adult social care precept £69.63
Police & crime commissioner £216.00
District council £174.02
Pa3ish Council £56.65

TOTAL £1893.32

So 72% of my council tax is on 'non adult social care'

What exactly the **** is that?
education?

A web search reveals no answers unless you can formulate a bettter query.

--
All political activity makes complete sense once the proposition that all
government is basically a self-legalising protection racket, is fully