Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default WRF is non-adult social care?

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
I think you are remembering a film comedy about trade unions rather than
real life.

And there were plenty of those during that era, too. Why? Because it
was one of those things that everyone knew needed fixing, but couldn't
be. So we made fun of it because the issue struck a chord with people.
For exactly the same reason that we found Fawlty Towers funny.

Quite. And having effectively curtailed unions by abolishing the
industries they were once strong in, we have ended up with a country that
needs to import so much manufactured goods. And has the real value of take
home pay falling. Just what a good Tory wanted.

Come off it. The UK car buyers dumped leyland cars, vans and lorries
because imported vehicles were better value all round. It took Honda
to show BL how to make cars properly.

The public vote with their wallets. When China started producing stuff
much cheaper than a UK factory, it was game over for the UK employees.
Nothing had to be imported because a factory closed in the UK, it was
the other way round.

And it was Nulabs mass immigration project that pushed down wages in
the construction, hospitality and all things related. Pay certainly
didn't fall in the public service, it was jamboree time. The
grundian public service jobs section ran to dozens of pages in the
noughties before online recruitment took over.