Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default And now I've seen it all ...

On 28/11/2012 12:31, John Williamson wrote:
Lieutenant Scott wrote:
And when you stopped he would have simply driven round you.
The arsehole is the one holding someone up, not the tailgater.
What makes you think just because you are a slow **** that you have
the right to make everyone else go at your speed?

It's amusing how many tailgaters insist on passing me in bad weather,
then find out that I am, in fact going faster than they think it is safe
to do so when they're the one "at point", so to speak.

I have been overtaken by a few people who I have passed a few minutes
later while they are trying to work out how to get their car out of a ditch.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/11/2012 13:35, Tim Streater wrote:
In article om,
"dennis@home" wrote:

On 28/11/2012 12:25, Lieutenant Scott wrote:

You wouldn't have been doing 20 mph if it were me as I would have
stopped and explained to you why it is necessary to get slower when

you
are being tailgated (or maybe just I would let your tyre down).

And when you stopped he would have simply driven round you.
The arsehole is the one holding someone up, not the tailgater.
What makes you think just because you are a slow **** that you have the
right to make everyone else go at your speed?

You have to drive safely, you can't do that when an aresole is
tailgating you and maintain a reasonable speed.
So tailgaters slow the traffic down.
Anyone with common sense would understand that.

The tailgater is of course breaking the highway code. One car length
separation for each 10mph of speed.

Is that the length of the car is being followed or the one that is
following? Stretch limo in front or behind Toyota iQ?

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, November 28, 2012 1:20:01 PM UTC, dennis@home wrote:
On 28/11/2012 12:25, Lieutenant Scott wrote:

You wouldn't have been doing 20 mph if it were me as I would have

stopped and explained to you why it is necessary to get slower when you

are being tailgated (or maybe just I would let your tyre down).

And when you stopped he would have simply driven round you.

The arsehole is the one holding someone up, not the tailgater.

What makes you think just because you are a slow **** that you have the

right to make everyone else go at your speed?

You have to drive safely, you can't do that when an aresole is

tailgating you and maintain a reasonable speed.

So tailgaters slow the traffic down.

Anyone with common sense would understand that.

I didn't think tailgaters cared about the speed of traffic just their own speed.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 13:33:35 +0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article ,
Mark wrote:

On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 12:06:39 +0000, usenet2012
wrote:

In message , Mark
writes
Waitrose have a different technique; their trolleys lock the wheels if
you attempt to take them too far.

so does our nearest Sainsburys.

Don't they just lock the wheels as you go over an activating pad? (I
can't see them fitting some sort of proximity device to activate the
locks.)

Probably.

If you were serious about borrowing one you could simply lift
the locking wheels over.

I guess they rely on people not bothering to do this.

Aren't the wheels still locked if you do this?

I haven't tried this.

And how does that system work, anyway?

I assume it uses magnets but I haven't examined them in detail.
--
(\__/) M.
(")_(") is he still wrong?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 13:17:41 -0000, Mark wrote:

On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 12:25:48 -0000, "Lieutenant Scott"
wrote:

On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 09:05:44 -0000, Mark wrote:

On Tue, 27 Nov 2012 22:19:21 -0000, "Lieutenant Scott"
wrote:

On Tue, 27 Nov 2012 21:57:12 -0000, Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Tue, 27 Nov 2012 19:49:17 -0000, Lieutenant Scott wrote:

snip

Some people are extremely precious about their cars, brush past in a soft
coat and they'll go ape ****.

That's why I'm not careful opening my car door, to see if I can find such a person.

You're liable to get ****ted with an attitude like that.

Good. Assault carries a much larger charge than accidentally hitting a car with your door.

I'm sure that will give you great confort in hospital.

Only if he's bigger than me and I get out of the car to allow him to.

And yes it will, wounds heal quicker than criminal convictions.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 12:31:14 -0000, John Williamson wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:
And when you stopped he would have simply driven round you.
The arsehole is the one holding someone up, not the tailgater.
What makes you think just because you are a slow **** that you have the
right to make everyone else go at your speed?

It's amusing how many tailgaters insist on passing me in bad weather,
then find out that I am, in fact going faster than they think it is safe
to do so when they're the one "at point", so to speak.

Or you're one of those arsehole who speeds up while being overtaken.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

How to interpret a Pregnancy Test kit:
Blue means not pregnant.
Pink means pregnant.
Brown means you had it in the wrong hole.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lieutenant Scott wrote:
And when you stopped he would have simply driven round you.
The arsehole is the one holding someone up, not the tailgater.
What makes you think just because you are a slow **** that you have
the right to make everyone else go at your speed?

It's amusing how many tailgaters insist on passing me in bad weather,
then find out that I am, in fact going faster than they think it is safe
to do so when they're the one "at point", so to speak.

I have been overtaken by a few people who I have passed a few minutes
later while they are trying to work out how to get their car out of a ditch.

Seen as that's never happened to me (either with me as the overtaker or the overtakee), one has to wonder what you're doing to cause these accidents.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Condoms should be used on every conceivable occasion.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2012-11-28, John Williamson wrote:
Lieutenant Scott wrote:
And when you stopped he would have simply driven round you.
The arsehole is the one holding someone up, not the tailgater.
What makes you think just because you are a slow **** that you have the
right to make everyone else go at your speed?

It's amusing how many tailgaters insist on passing me in bad weather,
then find out that I am, in fact going faster than they think it is safe
to do so when they're the one "at point", so to speak.

It's much easier to follow someone in bad weather. The arseholes to whom
you refer either don't know this or don't care.

Not if they think you might **** up and crash in front of them.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

How do you titillate an ocelot?
Oscillate its titalot.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 14:28:06 -0000, Tim Streater wrote:

"dennis@home" wrote:

[...]

Nitpickers will be prosecuted.

So will sheeple following the HC.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

You can't please everyone. But it IS possible to **** 'em ALL off at the same time.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 13:20:01 -0000, dennis@home wrote:

On 28/11/2012 12:25, Lieutenant Scott wrote:

You wouldn't have been doing 20 mph if it were me as I would have
stopped and explained to you why it is necessary to get slower when you
are being tailgated (or maybe just I would let your tyre down).

And when you stopped he would have simply driven round you.
The arsehole is the one holding someone up, not the tailgater.
What makes you think just because you are a slow **** that you have the
right to make everyone else go at your speed?

You have to drive safely, you can't do that when an aresole is
tailgating you and maintain a reasonable speed.
So tailgaters slow the traffic down.
Anyone with common sense would understand that.

So ignore the tailgater and go at the speed you would have done anyway. If he crashes it's his problem.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

You can't please everyone. But it IS possible to **** 'em ALL off at the same time.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mark wrote:
On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 13:33:35 +0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article ,
Mark wrote:
I guess they rely on people not bothering to do this.

Aren't the wheels still locked if you do this?

I haven't tried this.

And how does that system work, anyway?

I assume it uses magnets but I haven't examined them in detail.

Magnets in the plate in the exits, attracts locking mechanism in wheel
assembly. Released by using special tool.

They can be defeated by lifting the trolley over the plate as suggested
as the range is only an inch or so. OTOH, have you ever tried to lift a
trolley containing the average "big shop" and carrying it a couple of yards?

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"charles" wrote in message
In article , Mark
wrote:
On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 01:59:34 -0000, "Arfa Daily"
wrote:

"The Other Mike" wrote in message
news On Tue, 27 Nov 2012 01:48:50 -0800 (PST), "Man at B&Q"
wrote:

On Nov 27, 9:43 am, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:
On Tue, 27 Nov 2012 09:04:04 +0000, Mark wrote:
I'll stick to supermarkets that don't require you to rent the
trolleys.

If you can find one.

I'm trying to think of a grocery supermarket that requires trolley
rent around here and I'm failing.

Lots round here.

They are apparently more common in pikey areas. A quid for a trolley
is cheap though, new they are nearer a hundred.

Saves the supermarkets having to employ a trolley-rounder-upper ...

Waitrose have a different technique; their trolleys lock the wheels if
you attempt to take them too far.

so does our nearest Sainsburys.

I raise you a Tesco!

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Streater wrote:
In article om,
"dennis@home" wrote:

On 28/11/2012 12:25, Lieutenant Scott wrote:

You wouldn't have been doing 20 mph if it were me as I would have
stopped and explained to you why it is necessary to get slower when

you
are being tailgated (or maybe just I would let your tyre down).

And when you stopped he would have simply driven round you.
The arsehole is the one holding someone up, not the tailgater.
What makes you think just because you are a slow **** that you have the
right to make everyone else go at your speed?

You have to drive safely, you can't do that when an aresole is
tailgating you and maintain a reasonable speed.
So tailgaters slow the traffic down.
Anyone with common sense would understand that.

The tailgater is of course breaking the highway code. One car length
separation for each 10mph of speed.

Or, as the Government safety information film a while ago put it: "Only
a fool breaks the two second rule"

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Lieutenant Scott" wrote in message
newsp.wofyi2wjytk5n5@i7-940...
On Tue, 27 Nov 2012 13:43:41 -0000, tim.....
wrote:

"Lieutenant Scott" wrote in message
newsp.woee2icpytk5n5@i7-940...

Tesco tried to give me a stupid clubcard on a keyring instead of the
sensible credit card shaped ones. I don't go there any more.

That seems a bit of an excessive response

The system does not work. The barcode rubs off the card with the keys in
my pocket. The first time it happened I phoned up the helpline (they
can't even re-issue them in store!) and got nothing. I phoned them AGAIN,
and eventually got one after a further 3 weeks wait. I threw it in the
bin and used a shop without stupid voucher systems. Hey Tesco, here's a
clue, simply LOWER THE ORIGINAL PRICE, instead of ****ing us around making
us buy things we don't want to collect these stupid points.

For most stuff they price match the majors anyway.

If they stopped giving the points they wouldn't lower prices.

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Lieutenant Scott" wrote in message
newsp.wof3fdczytk5n5@i7-940...
On Tue, 27 Nov 2012 13:53:28 -0000, tim.....
wrote:

"Lieutenant Scott" wrote in message
newsp.woedq31iytk5n5@i7-940...
On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 20:09:23 -0000, Dave Liquorice
wrote:

On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 18:26:35 -0000, Lieutenant Scott wrote:

You can. It is sometimes easier to just write a nice polite letter.

Quite, but some people are just confrontational ****s.

As far as I know, they aren't allowed to fine you anyway? So just
ignoring them completely should work fine.

I suspect a "fine" has a specfic legal meaning and the parking co's
won't
be issuing a fine but a leving the charge as per the contract you
accept
by parking ...

Which they cannot enforce.

As a matter of principle you are wrong.

As to the point at issue here (parking at the hotel) you may be correct

All I know is many people who got fines form motorway service station car
parks threw the letters away and never got taken to court.

Oh I agree.

Though the fact that the company's business mode is to catch the low hanging
fruit and give up on the rest, does not change the legal situation if they
were to try

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 15:44:52 -0000, John Williamson wrote:

Tim Streater wrote:
In article om,
"dennis@home" wrote:

[...]

Only a fool listens to Government safety films.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

China has outlawed sexual harassment.
This will make work conditions much more bearable during those 16 hour days at the sweat shop.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"polygonum" wrote in message
On 28/11/2012 09:11, Mark wrote:
On Tue, 27 Nov 2012 21:25:39 +0000, SteveW
wrote:

On 27/11/2012 20:16, Andy Champ wrote:
On 27/11/2012 09:41, Dave Liquorice wrote:
I've used the Parent & Child spaces when taking my father shopping and
all the disabled ones were taken (he had a Blue Badge). I was quite
looking forward to being challenged either by a parent or the store
but I
wasn't.

Why would you be? You were a parent and child weren't you? There's no
age limit AFAIK...

There are actually terms and conditions to using them. They generally
refer to a cut-off age of five - Tesco and Sainsburys definitely had
this, as they used to (maybe still do) have a registration scheme and
Tesco used to issue badges (this is from 9 years ago).

The pushchair symbol painted on the ground and on the signs is a hint
;-)

:-) indeed!

On the other hand, the wheelchair symbol can be *very* misleading. There
are plenty of people who appear perfectly able to stand and walk (and
therefore do not need wheelchairs) but do need to use bays for disabled.

But they won't have a badge will they?

My father needed to use one of these bays as he couldn't get out of the car
unless the door was fully open, which is something that you can rarely do in
a normal space

But is a pass available for this?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Java Jive" wrote in message
In that case, why didn't the firm just point this out and enforce the
'fine'?

Because the fining company's MO is to bank the money that comes in from the
dumb and forget about the rest.

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Lieutenant Scott" wrote in message
newsp.woee2icpytk5n5@i7-940...

Tesco tried to give me a stupid clubcard on a keyring instead of the
sensible credit card shaped ones. I don't go there any more.

That seems a bit of an excessive response

The system does not work. The barcode rubs off the card with the keys in
my pocket. The first time it happened I phoned up the helpline (they
can't even re-issue them in store!) and got nothing. I phoned them AGAIN,
and eventually got one after a further 3 weeks wait. I threw it in the
bin and used a shop without stupid voucher systems. Hey Tesco, here's a
clue, simply LOWER THE ORIGINAL PRICE, instead of ****ing us around making
us buy things we don't want to collect these stupid points.

For most stuff they price match the majors anyway.

Rubbish. I save 30% by shopping at more than one supermarket. Some items are cheaper in one, some in another.

If they stopped giving the points they wouldn't lower prices.

They sell at the best price they can to make a profit. If they weren't giving away money on vouchers, they could lower the prices.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

A penny saved is ridiculous.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 18:26:35 -0000, Lieutenant Scott wrote:

Quite, but some people are just confrontational ****s.

I suspect a "fine" has a specfic legal meaning and the parking co's
won't
be issuing a fine but a leving the charge as per the contract you
accept
by parking ...

Which they cannot enforce.

As a matter of principle you are wrong.

As to the point at issue here (parking at the hotel) you may be correct

All I know is many people who got fines form motorway service station car
parks threw the letters away and never got taken to court.

Oh I agree.

Though the fact that the company's business mode is to catch the low hanging
fruit and give up on the rest, does not change the legal situation if they
were to try

I thought until the recent change in the law mentioned in this thread, that they didn't have a leg to stand on.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

When I told my mum I was going to buy a motorbike she went crazy:
"Don't you remember what happened to your brother? He was killed on one! Why would you want to buy one when you could just have his?"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

tim..... wrote:

"polygonum" wrote in message
On the other hand, the wheelchair symbol can be *very* misleading.
There are plenty of people who appear perfectly able to stand and walk
(and therefore do not need wheelchairs) but do need to use bays for
disabled.

But they won't have a badge will they?

Whether they get a badge will depend on their doctor in many cases, and
on the council in most. Generally, being able to only walk a few yards
without stopping for a rest will get you a badge.

My father needed to use one of these bays as he couldn't get out of the
car unless the door was fully open, which is something that you can
rarely do in a normal space

But is a pass available for this?

Possibly, he would need to check with the local council and his doctor.

One council's rules are he-

http://www.cheshireeast.gov.uk/socia...ge_scheme.aspx

Most others are similar.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message om,
"dennis@home" writes
On 28/11/2012 12:09, usenet2012 wrote:

At our local Sainsbury's the guy who returns the parked trolleys to the
front of store uses a metal knife to push the connecting pins out. I've
never been tempted to try the technique, partly due to never having
found a need to carry such a knife in public and partly due to the
quantity of fellow shoppers and CCTVs.

They make special tools to do that, are you sure its a knife?

Yup. Standard eating knife. I even asked him and he laughed. Maybe the
ones here are worn - the trolleys are quite old.

--
Simon

12) The Second Rule of Expectations
An EXPECTATION is a Premeditated resentment.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , tim.....
writes
Waitrose have a different technique; their trolleys lock the wheels if
you attempt to take them too far.

so does our nearest Sainsburys.

I raise you a Tesco!

Our Tesco locks the wheels as you go up/down their travelators. Damned
annoying when in a hurry though the alternative is probably too amusing
a prospect to be allowed.

--
Simon

12) The Second Rule of Expectations
An EXPECTATION is a Premeditated resentment.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/11/2012 16:20, John Williamson wrote:
tim..... wrote:

"polygonum" wrote in message
[...]

Correct.

My partner has plenty of reason to have one but, somehow, cannot get
herself to ask her doctor. I sympathise with that - it feels like a
final admission that she will never get better. She does not, and
possibly could not, use a wheelchair.

--
Rod

Posted to uk.d-i-y

polygonum wrote:
My partner has plenty of reason to have one but, somehow, cannot get
herself to ask her doctor. I sympathise with that - it feels like a
final admission that she will never get better. She does not, and
possibly could not, use a wheelchair.

Not an uncommon problem. People don't want to admit to themselves that
they are now badly enough disabled to need help.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

On 28/11/12 13:33, Tim Streater wrote:

wrote:

In message , Mark
writes
Waitrose have a different technique; their trolleys lock the

wheels if
you attempt to take them too far.

so does our nearest Sainsburys.

Don't they just lock the wheels as you go over an activating pad? (I
can't see them fitting some sort of proximity device to activate the
locks.)

Probably.

If you were serious about borrowing one you could simply lift the

locking wheels over.

I guess they rely on people not bothering to do this.

Aren't the wheels still locked if you do this? And how does that system
work, anyway?

Some are activated by a sort of 'cattle grid' type mat. The wheels have
a metal disk beside the tyre wich drops into the slots in the mat and
causes the wheel to brake. More effective on a full trolly which is
harder to lift. Another type has a large plasic lump beside the wheel,
not sure how that works but may be activated magnetically

--
djc

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Nightjar
writes
In article ,
Arfa Daily wrote:
Pretty rare. I'm talking about dip beam dazzle.

Again, you must live in a funny area. 'Accidental' main beam blinding is
so common now - at least around here - compared to only a few years
ago, when it mostly was genuinely accidental.

I'm mainly referring to town use, since I live in London.

I live in an area that has mixed rural and urban roads and I don't see
people using main beams a great deal, even when they should, much less
leaving them on to the inconvenience of oncoming traffic.

I've noticed that.

They seem to prefer driving slowly on dip. Makes it difficult to
overtake politely as you can't see any more road than they can.

While we are being critical, there is the dirty windscreen/poor eyesight
brigade who slow down every time a vehicle approaches.
--
Tim Lamb

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/11/2012 19:28, Lieutenant Scott wrote:

wrote:

On 28/11/2012 12:25, Lieutenant Scott wrote:

You wouldn't have been doing 20 mph if it were me as I would have
stopped and explained to you why it is necessary to get slower
when you
are being tailgated (or maybe just I would let your tyre down).

And when you stopped he would have simply driven round you.
The arsehole is the one holding someone up, not the tailgater.
What makes you think just because you are a slow **** that you have
the
right to make everyone else go at your speed?

You have to drive safely, you can't do that when an aresole is
tailgating you and maintain a reasonable speed.
So tailgaters slow the traffic down.
Anyone with common sense would understand that.

So ignore the tailgater and go at the speed you would have done anyway.
If he crashes it's his problem.

You don't understand much about driving.

You have to be able to stop in an emergency even if the idiot behind
runs into the back.

If he does it will push you forwards and you need to allow for that.

The only way is to drive slower.

Therefor tailgating slows the traffic. QED

No, you do what you do, he does what he does. Him smashing into you is
none of your concern. If he pushes you into something that you wouldn't
otherwise have hit, then he gets blamed. Simple.

Not much comfort if you or someone else is killed or seriously injured
because the tailgater shunted you forward when you tried to stop.

Both the unreasonably slow and the tailgater are in the wrong, but the
slow driver is only very irritating, while the tailgater is dangerous.

SteveW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/11/2012 15:57, tim..... wrote:

"The Other Mike" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 27 Nov 2012 15:40:29 -0000, Terry Casey
wrote:

In article 2f95fbcf-a9e3-4f41-be08-
,
says...

They shouldn't need to, all new cars have to have a warning when a
bulb
fails.
Like most warning lights in cars people ignore them.

Some ****wits deliberately disable them.

There's a surprise in store for them, then!

Next year, defective warning lights become an MOT fail!

*some* warning lights, not all.

I thought it was all warning lights "as fitted".

So whilst some are optional, if they are fitted they have to work

No. The list of newly testable items is as follows:

- Headlamp levelling and cleaning devices when fitted for HID or LED
headlamps
- Main beam ‘tell-tale’
- Battery (including batteries for electric or hybrid vehicles)
- Electrical wiring and connectors
- Trailer electrical socket security and damage
- Operation of 13-pin trailer electrical sockets using an approved
trailer socket tester
- Operation of the steering lock (where fitted) including that
malfunction warning is not displayed for an electronic steering lock
- Electronic power steering malfunction warning indicating a fault
- Electronic parking brake control and malfunction indicator lamp
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC) components, including the switch
(if fitted) and malfunction warning
- Brake fluid warning lamp illuminated or inoperative
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring Systems (TPMS)
- SRS components including airbags, seat belt pre-tensioners, seat belt
load limiters and SRS malfunction warning lamp
- Engine mountings
- Speedometer
- Indirect vision devices (where they replace obligatory mirrors)

SteveW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 19:53:30 -0000, charles wrote:

In article op.woh0eeqzytk5n5@i7-940,
Lieutenant Scott wrote:

No, you do what you do, he does what he does. Him smashing into you is
none of your concern. If he pushes you into something that you wouldn't
otherwise have hit, then he gets blamed.

and you break your neck.

Oh don't exaggerate. You do have a headrest don't you?

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

If you mated a bulldog and a ****su, would it be called a bull****?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Hardly. You'd get shunted a little bit. Not enough to change life to death.

Both the unreasonably slow and the tailgater are in the wrong, but the
slow driver is only very irritating, while the tailgater is dangerous.

The slow driver prompts the tailgater to be dangerous.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

"You know that your landing gear is up and locked when it takes full power to taxi to the terminal."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Stop being stupid.
Nothing any other driver does should prompt you to be dangerous.
What are you? some kind of sheep that can't think for yourself?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
On 28/11/2012 20:25, Lieutenant Scott wrote:
The slow driver prompts the tailgater to be dangerous.

Stop being stupid.
Nothing any other driver does should prompt you to be dangerous.
What are you? some kind of sheep that can't think for yourself?

This is Lootenant Scott, who thrives on danger. He thinks anyone who
does anything to improve safety is a small cat.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/11/2012 20:34, Lieutenant Scott wrote:

Firstly, I've never seen a supermarket with a hill step enough to make a
trolley go faster than 1-2mph.

Secondly, I wouldn't fix a dent. I'm not one of those scammers who
tries to get £100s of someone's insurance to replace a whole wing just
cause of a dent.

One near us has 20ft drop over the car park. Take a 100kG trolley and
let it build up speed over that - it has no trouble in bending door hard
enough so they don't work, or smashing lights.

I rarely go there, but always try to park at the top.

Paint incidentally isn't just for pretty. It's mostly to keep the rust
at bay.

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

If you deliberately get in my way slowing me down, I am going to try to overtake you. Therefore you are causing a dangerous situation.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Caller: "Can you give me the telephone number for Jack?"
Operator: "I'm sorry, sir, I don't understand who you are talking about".
Caller: "On page 1, section 5, of the user guide it clearly states that I need to unplug the fax machine from the AC wall socket and telephone Jack before cleaning. Now, can you give me the number for Jack?"