Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default And now I've seen it all ...

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 14:23:06 -0000, Man at B&Q wrote:

On Nov 28, 8:25 pm, "Lieutenant Scott" wrote:
On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 20:07:05 -0000, SteveW wrote:
On 28/11/2012 19:28, Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 19:21:40 -0000, dennis@home
wrote:

On 28/11/2012 15:01, Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 13:20:01 -0000, dennis@home
wrote:

On 28/11/2012 12:25, Lieutenant Scott wrote:

You have to drive safely, you can't do that when an aresole is
tailgating you and maintain a reasonable speed.
So tailgaters slow the traffic down.
Anyone with common sense would understand that.

So ignore the tailgater and go at the speed you would have done anyway.
If he crashes it's his problem.

You don't understand much about driving.

You have to be able to stop in an emergency even if the idiot behind
runs into the back.

If he does it will push you forwards and you need to allow for that.

The only way is to drive slower.

Therefor tailgating slows the traffic. QED

No, you do what you do, he does what he does. Him smashing into you is
none of your concern. If he pushes you into something that you wouldn't
otherwise have hit, then he gets blamed. Simple.

Not much comfort if you or someone else is killed or seriously injured
because the tailgater shunted you forward when you tried to stop.

Hardly. You'd get shunted a little bit. Not enough to change life to death.

Both the unreasonably slow and the tailgater are in the wrong, but the
slow driver is only very irritating, while the tailgater is dangerous.

The slow driver prompts the tailgater to be dangerous.

Even more evidence that his attitude makes him a ****wit.

Anyone will react to being irritated for a long period of time.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

I had some words with my wife, and she had some paragraphs with me.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 14:23:38 -0000, dennis@home wrote:

On 29/11/2012 12:23, Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 11:55:38 -0000, John Williamson
wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 09:00:05 -0000, John Williamson
wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

Most tailgaters are of the aggressive mentality that believes that they
must pass the car in front no matter how fast it goes. Even if I am
travelling at their speed limit for that road, many idiots tailgate and
try to pass me.

If they have caught up with you, it is clear that they must have been
travelling faster.

Which part of "travelling at their speed limit for that road" do you
misunderstand.

"Travelling at THE speed limit for that road" is clear. However what
you wrote is ambiguous. Do you mean "the speed at which the tailgater
wants to go at"?

If they catch me up and start tailgating, they are
stupid, impatient criminals by definition.

If they catch you up, then their speed is higher than yours, that's
simple physics. What gives you the right to decide that your speed is
correct, but his is wrong? Everybody goes at different speeds, and
unless you're a very selfish person, you allow others to carry on as
they wish to.

Like the tailgater does when he *forces* you to slow down because he is
too close?

They don't force you to do anything. You can go any speed you like. But you're forcing him to go at a speed up to and including your own. You can speed up or slow down at will. If he speeds up you're in the same position he would end up in, the laws of Physics dictate that this is not possible.

Typically they are then so stupid that they don't drop back so they can
see to overtake and blame the good driver for driving too slow when it
is entirely their own fault.

You don't have to drop back to see to overtake.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

I had some words with my wife, and she had some paragraphs with me.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 14:25:06 -0000, Tim Watts wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

So ****ing what? Everybody does it. What right has the government to
dictate how quickly somebody carries out a task?

It's called a "society" - it's where we all agree to go along with a common
set of rules for the genral good, even if some of the people cannot always
agree with some of the rules.

You seem to have some difficulty with the concept of society...

Rules such as don't murder each other, 99.9999% of us agree with. That makes sense to have that rule.

Rules like don't speed, or don't smoke marijuana, half the population disagree with. This is pointless.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

If only women came with pull-down menus and on-line help.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 14:26:50 -0000, Man at B&Q wrote:

On Nov 28, 10:39 pm, "Lieutenant Scott" wrote:
On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 22:35:26 -0000, dennis@home wrote:
On 28/11/2012 22:22, Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 22:17:37 -0000, dennis@home
wrote:

On 28/11/2012 21:36, Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 21:20:14 -0000, Tim Watts
wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

The tailgater is an arrogant ****** who needs to be reeducated.
Tailgaters
harrass others and invariably do stupid things.

By getting in my way you are harassing me. You can choose to let me
past.

By slowing down, as you should when being tailgated.

If you have to slow down and there is no safe passing place then its the
stupid tailgater that is causing his delay.

If there is no place for him to get past, then speed up and go at a
decent rate you old fart.

That is unsafe as he is tailgating you and you have to slow down.
Once you start tailgating the only safe thing the driver infront can do
is slow down.

And what is wrong with going at a faster speed? Then he won't need to tailgate you.

Jeezus. He was tailgaiting to start with. He's still tailgaiting when
I slow down. What makes you think he will stop tailgaiting if I speed
up again?

He wants to go 50mph, you're going 40mph. If you now go 50mph, he has no reason to drive close to you.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Hickory dickory dock, three mice ran up the clock. The clock struck one, and the others got away with minor injuries.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 14:28:03 -0000, Tim Watts wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

Or you're not allowing them to break the speed limit.

Why should I facilitate someone breaking the law? I don't much mind if they
do, unless they do so in a stupid place or manner. But I will not be helping
you in your quest to be an anti social nobber.

You're just jealous because you're incapable of driving fast without crashing. You're a useless driver and should be shoved off the road. Hopefully one of the tailgaters will do this shortly.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

BREAKFAST.SYS halted... Cereal port not responding.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 14:28:46 -0000, Tim Watts wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

Not much chance of that. And if they did they'd be in the chokey.

Only if they got caught; to use your line of reasoning.

That sort of behaviour is more likely to attract attention.

And stop snipping the context.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

What sits on a pirate's shoulder squawking "pieces of seven, pieces of seven!"?
A parroty error.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 14:31:05 -0000, Tim Watts wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

Why the **** hadn't you overtaken it? You're driving dangerously hiding
bicycles like that.

You are one of Drivel's multiple personailities and I claim my £5.

Answer the question.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Confucius say lion with small penis must compensate with mighty roar.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 14:31:18 -0000, Tim Lamb wrote:

In message op.wojdrmrqytk5n5@i7-940, Lieutenant Scott
writes
Never happened to someone passing me, you probably annoyed them so much
when they were stuck behind you that they were paying less attention.

I got the finger from a young lady who had tailgated me at the exact
speed limit over a distance of 7 miles:-)

Over 7 miles there was no point at which you could have let her past,
without breaking the speed limit? I doubt it. You enjoyed annoying
her. Congratulations, you're a git.

There were ample opportunities for a competent driver to overtake.

Maybe she doesn't like overtaking, why didn't you make it easier for her?

Worse than that... I am an old law abiding git.

Too right it's worse.

I don't consider it my business to stop others speeding but I do believe
that speed limits are set for the benefit of all road users. This must
take account of driver ability, vehicle performance, road conditions,
pedestrians, schoolchildren etc. There will always be occasions when it
is safe to break the law but this relies on the driver's opinion of the
conditions and his ability and may be suspect.

What are you a bloody pig? Virtually nobody sticks to speed limits, just go stand somewhere and watch cars going past you.

I see no reason to risk points on my licence because someone else is in
a hurry.

"Risk points on your license" indeed. You have to get 12 to lose your
license. You only get 3 for speeding. There's a good margin for error
there.

Why should I want any?

Why should you care if you get some? 12 is a lot you need to collect to have any effect.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

A gang-member was holding his 8-month-old baby while his wife was in kitchen fixing lunch.
The baby murmured "mother".
The guy gets all excited and hollered to his wife "Hey, the baby just said half a word!"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 14:32:33 -0000, Man at B&Q wrote:

On Nov 29, 10:58 am, "Lieutenant Scott" wrote:
On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 10:53:47 -0000, Tim Watts wrote:
Lieutenant Scott wrote:

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 10:13:15 -0000, Tim Watts
wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

And what is wrong with going at a faster speed? Then he won't need to
tailgate you.

He won't need to tailgate anyone if he does the decent thing and goes and
tears up his license as he has no place on the roads.

Or goes and plays with the lions in Africa. I'm happy either way.

Typical moronic response from a fool who thinks he has chosen the most
appropriate speed for the road and anyone who can go faster than him must
be dangerous.

That's not what I wrote, dipstick.

I do not think "people who can go faster" are ******s who should go and poke
lions in the butts with pointy sticks.

I said tailgaters are.

Tailgaters are simply people trying to go faster, but unable to do so because of people like you.

Tailgaiters are ****wits who drive aggresively close and try to bully
others into driving unsafely.

So? What gives you the right to be a safe little wimp? Man up and go faster.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Some "chinese english" instructions for an automatic light switch, needless to say I did not attempt to follow them during the installation....

The surface design is facility, comely but not losing generosity, it will not have accidented feeling after installation.
Wide working voltage: you will not be worried when you go all over Europe carrying it.
You could fix the sensor with two screws on the junction box in circular one, also fix it with special installation shelf.
In a word, whether the junction box installation orientation is true, it makes the installation flatly.
The lamp will be on automatically when you knock at the door or say "I am coming back".
It will make your home warmer and more romantic.
Penetrate the setscrew into installation hole, block on radiator to aim at the installation hole on connection box.
Let electrician or experienced human install it.
The unrest objects can't be regarded as the installation basis-face.
Don't open the case for your safety if you find the hitch after installation.
If there is any difference between instruction and products, please give priority to product, sorry not to inform you again.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message op.wojmmit3ytk5n5@i7-940, Lieutenant Scott
writes

I don't consider it my business to stop others speeding but I do believe
that speed limits are set for the benefit of all road users. This must
take account of driver ability, vehicle performance, road conditions,
pedestrians, schoolchildren etc. There will always be occasions when it
is safe to break the law but this relies on the driver's opinion of the
conditions and his ability and may be suspect.

What are you a bloody pig? Virtually nobody sticks to speed limits,
just go stand somewhere and watch cars going past you.

I don't have any problems with the police. I'll happily help hold a
radar gun while you come by.

I see no reason to risk points on my licence because someone else is in
a hurry.

"Risk points on your license" indeed. You have to get 12 to lose your
license. You only get 3 for speeding. There's a good margin for error
there.

Why should I want any?

Why should you care if you get some? 12 is a lot you need to collect
to have any effect.

Maybe not having any becomes desirable as you mature?

--
Tim Lamb

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 14:33:44 -0000, Tim Watts wrote:

wrote:
On 28/11/2012 12:25, Lieutenant Scott wrote:

You wouldn't have been doing 20 mph if it were me as I would have
stopped and explained to you why it is necessary to get slower when
you are being tailgated (or maybe just I would let your tyre down).

And when you stopped he would have simply driven round you.
The arsehole is the one holding someone up, not the tailgater.
What makes you think just because you are a slow **** that you have
the right to make everyone else go at your speed?

You have to drive safely, you can't do that when an aresole is
tailgating you and maintain a reasonable speed.
So tailgaters slow the traffic down.
Anyone with common sense would understand that.

So ignore the tailgater and go at the speed you would have done anyway.
If he crashes it's his problem.

It's your peoblem too when he crashes into the back of you.

MBQ

Well said. Which is exactly why they **** me off more than many other types
of traffic offender. If people like the Lootenunt were just liable to wrap
themselves around a tree through their own idiocy, I would care a lot less.

Ever stopped to think you're driving too close to their bonnet?

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

I learnt so much from my mistakes I think I'll make another.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"dennis@home" wrote:

The lidl and asda ones by me have an iduction coil under the path.
It probably activates a motor in the wheels that winds the pins out of
the hub that stop the wheels going.

Nope that's ********.

The lock is a simple spring loaded drag brake.

Google Andrew Gray (a Yorkshireman) and Radlok for details of the design.

I don't believe you about the induction loop either, I'm sure that you have
not bothered to dig up the path, and complaints from punters about wiped
credit cards would be rife.

Most reports state that the device uses a buried permanent magnet strip.

--
€¢DarWin|
_/ _/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 14:34:59 -0000, dennis@home wrote:

On 29/11/2012 13:06, Lieutenant Scott wrote:

wrote:
Which part of "travelling at their speed limit for that road" do you
misunderstand.

"Travelling at THE speed limit for that road" is clear. However what
you wrote is ambiguous. Do you mean "the speed at which the tailgater
wants to go at"?

No.

Then what the hell do you mean?

If they catch me up and start tailgating, they are
stupid, impatient criminals by definition.

If they catch you up, then their speed is higher than yours, that's
simple physics. What gives you the right to decide that your speed is
correct, but his is wrong? Everybody goes at different speeds, and
unless you're a very selfish person, you allow others to carry on as
they wish to.

As you don't seem to take an interest in speed limits, as evidenced by
some of your other postings, you may not be aware that different vehicle
types often have different speed limits. If I'm travelling at or above
their speed limit, then they are criminals by definition if they catch
me up, and as they have decided to put themselves outside the law, they
deserve no consideration from the law abiding citizen.

Here's some news for you, a huge section of the population speeds. Just
because it's illegal doesn't mean it's wrong. All those people disagree
with you. THREE MILLION caught a year plus the ones that aren't caught
ALL disagree with you.

That doesn't make them right.
just look at how many of the idiots continue to speed when the highways
agency drops the speed limit on a road.
Of course one reason they drop speed limits is when the surface loses
its traction and they don't have the funds to resurface it.
Its happens a lot since they bought the laser scaners in to measure
friction on the roads.

What part of majority don't you understand? It's why we vote out government in. Would you prefer the one with the least votes wins?

Which part of they were obviously travelling too fast for the road
conditions do you misunserstand?

The part where I've never had it happen to me, yet you seem to have
witnessed it. The difference between the two is you were present when
he crashed and I wasn't.

Then your stated assumption as to the cause of their problem is
unjustified.

WHAT?!?!? Listen to what I write for crying out loud. YOU caused him
to crash. *I* did not. YOU are the dangerous arsehole.

You can't cause another driver to crash by forcing him to drive like a
pillock, unless you are tailgating someone.

You got in his way and made him try to get past the obstruction in the road. Obstructing traffic is an offence.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people I had to kill because they ****ed me off.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

It might only take "a little shunt" to put you in the path of another
heavier vehicle.

Then you shouldn't have been cutting it so fine in the first place.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Why do our kids have to take the Iowa Test for Basic Skills?
Why can't we have a Georgia Test of Basic Skills with questions like,
"Bubba's got three cars and he done traded for two more. How many cement blocks is Bubba gonna need?"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 14:26:17 -0000, Tim Watts wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

That is a chance. But speeding has precisely ZERO chance of losing your
license unless you've already been caught three times in the last few
years (in which case you need a satnav with a speed camera database).

Bugger losing the license.

Some of us don't don't want ANY points because it puts our insurance
premiums up

Hardly. It's accidents that make the only considerable difference.

And if you know where the speed traps are, you won't get any points at all.

- or disbars us from certain jobs that require a CCL.

Get a decent job then and tell the employer to bugger off.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Why is Michael Jackson's album entitled "Bad?"
Because he couldn't spell "Pathetic."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 14:40:29 -0000, Tim Streater wrote:

In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

That is a chance. But speeding has precisely ZERO chance of losing your
license unless you've already been caught three times in the last few
years (in which case you need a satnav with a speed camera database).

Bugger losing the license.

Or even the licence.

Silly pedant.

Some of us don't don't want ANY points because it puts our insurance
premiums up - or disbars us from certain jobs that require a CCL.

None of this affects the Loo Tenant, however, as he is so skilful that
he doesn't need insurance. That's just for old gits.

Correct, I don't think insurance should be compulsory. If someone hits me I'm happy to take cash for the damage.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

You wag your tail like your mother, you repugnant, hairball engorging, cat buggering, pseudo-human android spawn of a foul-smelling telephone solicitor!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 14:41:24 -0000, Tim Streater wrote:

In article op.wojfm9liytk5n5@i7-940, "Lieutenant Scott"
wrote:

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 13:34:57 -0000, John Williamson
wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 12:41:33 -0000, Tim Watts
wrote:

You've failing to consider a 3rd option: I am driving correctly and
you want
to drive like an arsehole. My money is on this one.

"Correctly"? So there is one fixed speed that is correct for everyone?
Everyone has precisely the same skills and quality of car carrying the
same load? I don't think so.

There is a maximum permitted speed which applies, if there is a speed
limit for that road. Which there is on every road in the United Kingdom.

You have no right to overtake any driver who is travelling at that
speed, whether you consider it to be safe or not.

So ****ing what? Everybody does it.

Thass what they said in earlier times about child abuse, too.

Your point being?

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 14:42:34 -0000, Man at B&Q wrote:

On Nov 29, 2:28 pm, "Lieutenant Scott" wrote:
On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 14:14:48 -0000, Man at B&Q wrote:

On Nov 28, 12:31 pm, John Williamson
wrote:
Lieutenant Scott wrote:
And when you stopped he would have simply driven round you.
The arsehole is the one holding someone up, not the tailgater.
What makes you think just because you are a slow **** that you have the
right to make everyone else go at your speed?

It's amusing how many tailgaters insist on passing me in bad weather,
then find out that I am, in fact going faster than they think it is safe
to do so when they're the one "at point", so to speak.

One **** got the shock of his life when he discovered the recumbant
cycle in front of me as he tried to pull in after an overtake.

Why the **** hadn't you overtaken it?

Because there was no where safe to overtake due to the width of the
road and the oncoming traffic. The **** decided to chance it.

There's always room. Put your indicator on and most people coming the other way will budge over a bit.

You're driving dangerously hiding bicycles like that.

It had a ****ing great pennant flying from it which the **** should
have seen.

Maybe you should have pulled over the bicycle and asked him to stop waving things all over the place distracting drivers.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day. Teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks, months, maybe years.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 14:43:34 -0000, Tim Watts wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

It's a long way between the back of my car and me. And Because I'm in
front of my seat, I won't feel him hitting me.

And the kids sitting in the rear most seat of my car who are 12" from the
rear metalwork?

You don't have a boot?!?

And they're still on seats. A front collision pushes you forwards, a rear collision simply pushes you into the comfy chair.

Typical moron - understands his own tiny world view and then applies it to
everyone else without the slightest inkling that things might just be
different for someone else.

It's because I have kids in the rear that I particularly despite tailgating
retards like you.

You've got one of those "baby on board" stickers don't you? Just because you've polluted the overpopulated planet with even more kids, you expect to be treated with more care than everyone else.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

I used to eat nothing but natural foods.
Then I found one of the leading reasons for death was natural causes, so . . .
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 14:45:45 -0000, dennis@home wrote:

On 29/11/2012 11:19, Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 11:00:29 -0000, Tim Watts wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 10:11:48 -0000, Tim Watts
wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

You can choose to not be a self important ******.

What makes you think that the speed you're going has to be applied to
everyone else? It's you that's dictating what others do.

No, it's me dictating what I do. And I do it for a good reason based on
experience and judgement. Anyone who get's slowed down is just
unlucky, if
they genuinely have a car that performs a little safer at speed on
wet/icy
roads compared to mine (which is pretty good, but it is not a sports
car).

So tell me again, after I have made my own judgment, why I should
speed up
to a point I consider unsafe based on what the **** behind me thinks I
should be doing when:

a) the **** is not driving *my* car;

b) the **** will not be suffering when I have an accident;

c) the **** may not even be a local so does not possess my knowledge of
local hazards? The number of flowers tied to trees on the bends on teh
A21
at Silver Hill show what happens when non locals ignore the signs.

So basically - drive how you want, do not ****ing expect me to drive
how to
want. And stay out of my safety space you *******.

You decide your front safety space, I'll decide how much you get at the
back you silly old codger. You have TWO choices. Speed up, or if
you're too crap at driving or scared of crashing cause you're a nervous
wreck for some reason, let me past.

By driving slower than other people, you're dictating the speed at which
the whole queue behind you has to go at. It's called being selfish, and
it's delaying hundreds of people whi have nothing to do with you.

Its the tailgater that dictates the safe speed of the car infront.
By tailgating you are forcing them to drive slower than the conditions
infront demand by definition.
If you want to hold up hundreds of people behind by tailgating then you
must be very selfish.

I'm forcing you to do nothing. You are free to continue at the speed you were going had I not ben there.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

"You might show me a little more respect" complained the coed as she and her date were driving back from "Lover's Lookout".
"Yeah?" asked the smirking boy, "Like by doing what?"
"Well, for starters, not flying my panty hose from your radio aerial."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 14:40:06 -0000, dennis@home wrote:

On 29/11/2012 13:37, Tim Watts wrote:
Lieutenant Scott wrote:

Here's some news for you, a huge section of the population speeds. Just
because it's illegal doesn't mean it's wrong. All those people disagree
with you. THREE MILLION caught a year plus the ones that aren't caught
ALL disagree with you.

I don't care if some people speed when it's not dangerous to do so. I have
been pulled before and set of (an empty) GATSO.

There are three types of Gatso..

One without a camera but with a flash unit,
one with a camera and a flash unit,
one with neither.

You can drive past one and get flashed but no picture is taken.
Next time they may have rotated a camera in and you get done.

The chances are only 10%.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

A highway patrolman pulled alongside a speeding car on the freeway. Glancing at the car, he was astounded to see that the blonde behind the wheel was knitting!
Realizing that she was oblivious to his flashing lights and siren, the trooper cranked down his window, turned on his bullhorn and yelled, "PULL OVER!"
"NO!" the blonde yelled back, "IT'S A SCARF!"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

Here's some news for you, a huge section of the population speeds. Just
because it's illegal doesn't mean it's wrong. All those people disagree
with you. THREE MILLION caught a year plus the ones that aren't caught
ALL disagree with you.

I don't care if some people speed when it's not dangerous to do so. I
have been pulled before and set of (an empty) GATSO.

There are three types of Gatso..

One without a camera but with a flash unit,
one with a camera and a flash unit,
one with neither.

You can drive past one and get flashed but no picture is taken.
Next time they may have rotated a camera in and you get done.

This one was live. But most likely out of film.

I know this because I knew someone in the police who commented that that
particular one was notorious for being refilled in the morning and being out
of film by the afternoon. It flashed for me in the evening.

Aren't they all digital now?

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

A highway patrolman pulled alongside a speeding car on the freeway. Glancing at the car, he was astounded to see that the blonde behind the wheel was knitting!
Realizing that she was oblivious to his flashing lights and siren, the trooper cranked down his window, turned on his bullhorn and yelled, "PULL OVER!"
"NO!" the blonde yelled back, "IT'S A SCARF!"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 15:45:32 -0000, dennis@home wrote:

On 29/11/2012 14:02, Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 13:57:10 -0000, dennis@home
wrote:

On 29/11/2012 10:50, Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 09:49:13 -0000, dennis@home
wrote:

On 29/11/2012 00:14, Lieutenant Scott wrote:

Cite one for your claim.

I can see that most people don't get worked up when they are driving or
doing anything else.

If you see most people getting worked up it must be you causing it.

Oh for ****'s sake just read a newspaper will you?

So you think newspapers cover what the majority of people do?
Its hardly surprising you have a poor knowledge of life.

They show you all the examples you need to see that I'm right, many many
many people get worked up every day.

You are deranged.
Even if the entire news paper listed the names of people that got worked
up they would still be a very small percentage of the whole.
Typically a newspaper might have a handfull of people getting worked up.

Go take a degree in statistics, you obviously haven't a clue.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Does a pedometer detect child molesters?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Jeezus. He was tailgaiting to start with. He's still tailgaiting when
I slow down. What makes you think he will stop tailgaiting if I speed
up again?

He wants to go 50mph, you're going 40mph. If you now go 50mph, he has
no reason to drive close to you.

Most tailgaters, if you speed up, maintain the same distance between you
and them, irrespective of the speed. So if the tailgatee speeds up, so
does the tailgater, up to the maximum speed his vehicle is capable of.

Yet again, you prove your ignorance of life on the road as it applies to
other people.

I take it from what you write that if I am doing 40 mph, you want to do
41 mph, and I speed up to do 42 mph, you would drop back from me at a
rate of 1 mile per hour? Excuse my laughter.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 16:41:00 -0000, Tim Lamb wrote:

In message op.wojmmit3ytk5n5@i7-940, Lieutenant Scott
writes

I don't consider it my business to stop others speeding but I do believe
that speed limits are set for the benefit of all road users. This must
take account of driver ability, vehicle performance, road conditions,
pedestrians, schoolchildren etc. There will always be occasions when it
is safe to break the law but this relies on the driver's opinion of the
conditions and his ability and may be suspect.

What are you a bloody pig? Virtually nobody sticks to speed limits,
just go stand somewhere and watch cars going past you.

I don't have any problems with the police. I'll happily help hold a
radar gun while you come by.

Then you're in the minority.

I see no reason to risk points on my licence because someone else is in
a hurry.

"Risk points on your license" indeed. You have to get 12 to lose your
license. You only get 3 for speeding. There's a good margin for error
there.

Why should I want any?

Why should you care if you get some? 12 is a lot you need to collect
to have any effect.

Maybe not having any becomes desirable as you mature?

For what? Showing off at an evening dinner party?

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

"I was walking down fifth avenue today and I found a wallet, and I was gonna keep it, rather than return it, but I thought: well, if I lost a hundred and fifty dollars, how would I feel? And I realized I would want to be taught a lesson."
-- Emo Philips

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Jeezus. He was tailgaiting to start with. He's still tailgaiting when
I slow down. What makes you think he will stop tailgaiting if I speed
up again?

He wants to go 50mph, you're going 40mph. If you now go 50mph, he has
no reason to drive close to you.

Most tailgaters, if you speed up, maintain the same distance between you
and them, irrespective of the speed. So if the tailgatee speeds up, so
does the tailgater, up to the maximum speed his vehicle is capable of.

Yet again, you prove your ignorance of life on the road as it applies to
other people.

The tailgater had no reason to tailgate unless you are going significantly slower than the speed he wants to.

I take it from what you write that if I am doing 40 mph, you want to do
41 mph, and I speed up to do 42 mph, you would drop back from me at a
rate of 1 mile per hour? Excuse my laughter.

Firstly, if you're only slowing me down by 1mph, I would have no reason to tailgate.

Taking a more realistic example:
I like to drive at 50mph.
I catch up with you doing 42 mph.
You speed up to 51mph.
I will of course now drive at the speed I originally wanted to, 50mph, and drop back as you said at a rate of 1mph.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

The scientific theory I Iike best is that the rings of Saturn are composed entirely of lost airline Luggage. -- Mark Russell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message op.wojnumijytk5n5@i7-940, Lieutenant Scott
writes
wrote:

In message op.wojmmit3ytk5n5@i7-940, Lieutenant Scott
writes

I don't consider it my business to stop others speeding but I do believe
that speed limits are set for the benefit of all road users. This must
take account of driver ability, vehicle performance, road conditions,
pedestrians, schoolchildren etc. There will always be occasions when it
is safe to break the law but this relies on the driver's opinion of the
conditions and his ability and may be suspect.

What are you a bloody pig? Virtually nobody sticks to speed limits,
just go stand somewhere and watch cars going past you.

I don't have any problems with the police. I'll happily help hold a
radar gun while you come by.

Then you're in the minority.

I don't think so. This group is probably above average age and
intelligence and I don't see you getting any support.

ISTR both Geof and TNP decrying speed cameras but they don't advocate
driving dangerously.

I see no reason to risk points on my licence because someone else is in
a hurry.

"Risk points on your license" indeed. You have to get 12 to lose your
license. You only get 3 for speeding. There's a good margin for error
there.

Why should I want any?

Why should you care if you get some? 12 is a lot you need to collect
to have any effect.

Maybe not having any becomes desirable as you mature?

For what? Showing off at an evening dinner party?

Why would points or their lack be anything to show off about?

Defensive driving is not a fault.

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Jeezus. He was tailgaiting to start with. He's still tailgaiting when
I slow down. What makes you think he will stop tailgaiting if I speed
up again?

He wants to go 50mph, you're going 40mph. If you now go 50mph, he has
no reason to drive close to you.

Most tailgaters, if you speed up, maintain the same distance between you
and them, irrespective of the speed.

I have a better solution. I slow down until the speed is appropriate for the
gap between me and the tailgater.

I've had them down to walking pace before now.

At which point I'd accelerate sharply and go past you.

Sadly, it doesn't work on the motorway.

And you will be pulled over for driving under 30mph.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

After Christmas vacation, an elementary school teacher was asking her students how they celebrated Christmas.
When she got to Sammy, whose father ran a local toy store, she said, "Sammy, since you're Jewish, I guess your family didn't celebrate Christmas."
Sammy replied, "Oh yes, we did. We all held hands and danced around the cash register singing, 'What A Friend We Have In Jesus.'
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 16:41:52 +0000 (UTC), Steve Firth wrote:

The lidl and asda ones by me have an iduction coil under the path.
It probably activates a motor in the wheels that winds the pins out of
the hub that stop the wheels going.

I don't believe you about the induction loop either, I'm sure that you
have not bothered to dig up the path, and complaints from punters about
wiped credit cards would be rife.

Doesn't seem to be a prblem with traffic lights... but then they aren't
transmitting any power. B-)

Most reports state that the device uses a buried permanent magnet
strip.

A permanent magnet in the paving would attract all manner of magnetic
detritus. Magnetic detritus that isn't seen at the "no trollies beyond
this point" places.

I think they are magnetic but the magnet is in the wheel and there is a
simple magnetic (but not magnatised) plate in the ground. Magnet is
attracted to the plate, releasing a spring loaded brake mechansium.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

None of this affects the Loo Tenant, however, as he is so skilful that
he doesn't need insurance. That's just for old gits.

Correct, I don't think insurance should be compulsory. If someone hits
me I'm happy to take cash for the damage.

And you would, of course, be happy to pay for the lifetime of 24 hour
care for the person you cripple when you hit them because your ABS has
failed, and your wheels lock on a slippery surface.

Insurance isn't just for things like wing mirrors.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Huge
writes
wrote:
Jeezus. He was tailgaiting to start with. He's still tailgaiting when
I slow down. What makes you think he will stop tailgaiting if I speed
up again?

He wants to go 50mph, you're going 40mph. If you now go 50mph, he has
no reason to drive close to you.

Most tailgaters, if you speed up, maintain the same distance between you
and them, irrespective of the speed.

I have a better solution. I slow down until the speed is appropriate for the
gap between me and the tailgater.

I've had them down to walking pace before now.

Sadly, it doesn't work on the motorway.

I've done that a couple of times in the truck. Both times the other
vehicle has stopped behind. Overtaking doesn't seem to be in their
minds.

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
I take it from what you write that if I am doing 40 mph, you want to do
41 mph, and I speed up to do 42 mph, you would drop back from me at a
rate of 1 mile per hour? Excuse my laughter.

Firstly, if you're only slowing me down by 1mph, I would have no reason
to tailgate.

Taking a more realistic example:
I like to drive at 50mph.
I catch up with you doing 42 mph.
You speed up to 51mph.
I will of course now drive at the speed I originally wanted to, 50mph,
and drop back as you said at a rate of 1mph.

What a load of rubbish. You would drive at whatever speed I was driving
at, at the same distance from me as you were driving before. If you
claim any different, you are lying.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

In message op.wojmmit3ytk5n5@i7-940, Lieutenant Scott
writes

I don't consider it my business to stop others speeding but I do believe
that speed limits are set for the benefit of all road users. This must
take account of driver ability, vehicle performance, road conditions,
pedestrians, schoolchildren etc. There will always be occasions when it
is safe to break the law but this relies on the driver's opinion of the
conditions and his ability and may be suspect.

What are you a bloody pig? Virtually nobody sticks to speed limits,
just go stand somewhere and watch cars going past you.

I don't have any problems with the police. I'll happily help hold a
radar gun while you come by.

Then you're in the minority.

I don't think so. This group is probably above average age and
intelligence and I don't see you getting any support.

That's because someone agreeing with a post is less likely to reply to it.

ISTR both Geof and TNP decrying speed cameras but they don't advocate
driving dangerously.

The police don't like you speeding. Therefore Geoff and TNP have problems with the police.

Why should I want any?

Why should you care if you get some? 12 is a lot you need to collect
to have any effect.

Maybe not having any becomes desirable as you mature?

For what? Showing off at an evening dinner party?

Why would points or their lack be anything to show off about?

You said they were desirable.

Defensive driving is not a fault.

It's a shortfall.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

An Englishman was feeling a little queezy on his first sailing, and leaned over the edge of the boat. He saw a Frenchman below opening his porthole so, feeling the urge to bring up his dinner, he yelled "LOOK OUT!"
The Frenchman stuck his head out of the porthole and was decorated with semi-digested food. "YOU SILLY ENGLISHMAN!!!!" he yelled, "Why do you say look out when you mean look in?"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

None of this affects the Loo Tenant, however, as he is so skilful that
he doesn't need insurance. That's just for old gits.

Correct, I don't think insurance should be compulsory. If someone hits
me I'm happy to take cash for the damage.

And you would, of course, be happy to pay for the lifetime of 24 hour
care for the person you cripple when you hit them because your ABS has
failed, and your wheels lock on a slippery surface.

Insurance isn't just for things like wing mirrors.

Then have an insurance for horrendous accidents. Most insurance claims could easily have been paid for by the driver.

Show me where I can buy 3rd party insurance which only pays out if I cause more than £1000 of damage.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Why does a one-story brothel make more money than a two-story brothel?
Because there's no ****ing overhead.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

[...]

sigh

I was doing 50 and he was too close. I slow down to 40 to let him pass
and he continues to drive too close. I slow down some more for safety
sake (his and mine). Why do you think he will change his behaviour if
I drive at 50 again?

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

[...]

Given you self confessed standards of driving, you are obviously the
one with "manhood" problems.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Jeezus. He was tailgaiting to start with. He's still tailgaiting when
I slow down. What makes you think he will stop tailgaiting if I speed
up again?

He wants to go 50mph, you're going 40mph. *If you now go 50mph, he has
no reason to drive close to you.

Most tailgaters, if you speed up, maintain the same distance between you
and them, irrespective of the speed.

I have a better solution. I slow down until the speed is appropriate for the
gap between me and the tailgater.

+1

I've had them down to walking pace before now.

I have actually stopped.

Sadly, it doesn't work on the motorway.

No, but al least there's usually another lane for one of you to use,
and no oncoming traffic.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Jeezus. He was tailgaiting to start with. He's still tailgaiting when
I slow down. What makes you think he will stop tailgaiting if I speed
up again?

He wants to go 50mph, you're going 40mph. *If you now go 50mph, he has
no reason to drive close to you.

Most tailgaters, if you speed up, maintain the same distance between you
and them, irrespective of the speed.

I have a better solution. I slow down until the speed is appropriate for the
gap between me and the tailgater.

I've had them down to walking pace before now.

At which point I'd accelerate sharply and go past you.

Sadly, it doesn't work on the motorway.

And you will be pulled over for driving under 30mph.

You really are incapable of comprehending what is written.

MBQ
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

So you finally get why you have to drive slower when being tailgated.