Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default And now I've seen it all ...

dennis@home wrote:
On 28/11/2012 23:17, Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 23:15:00 -0000, SteveW
wrote:

On 28/11/2012 22:01, Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 21:49:42 -0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article op.woh48zkrytk5n5@i7-940, "Lieutenant Scott"
wrote:

On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 20:54:18 -0000, dennis@home
wrote:

On 28/11/2012 20:25, Lieutenant Scott wrote:

The slow driver prompts the tailgater to be dangerous.

Stop being stupid.
Nothing any other driver does should prompt you to be
dangerous. What are you? some kind of sheep that can't
think for yourself?

If you deliberately get in my way slowing me down, I am
going to try to
overtake you. Therefore you are causing a dangerous
situation.

What a ****ing dip****. *You* are the one converting an
irritating situation into a dangerous one.

If something irritates someone, they are going to react to it. It's
like not scratching a midge bite.

Obviously, even if you have superb car control, you are not
temperamentally suited to being a driver. There is no need for
irritation to lead to dangerous practices and although I can
understand people getting worked up, you seem to advocate such
practices, even in the cool, calm light of day.

Most people get worked up in or out of cars. It's the way we're
made.

Most people don't.
Its seems its only trolls like you.

Most people do get worked up when driving. It gives them a chance to be
aggressive from within a steel protective cage. It does take a lot of bad
driving to set me off but when it happens I am prepared to take it to the
end and win.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Lieutenant Scott" wrote in message
newsp.woh9ale5ytk5n5@i7-940...
On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 22:24:32 -0000, ARW
wrote:

Andy Champ wrote:
On 27/11/2012 20:34, Lieutenant Scott wrote:

Firstly, I've never seen a supermarket with a hill step enough to
make a trolley go faster than 1-2mph.

Secondly, I wouldn't fix a dent. I'm not one of those scammers who
tries to get £100s of someone's insurance to replace a whole wing
just cause of a dent.

One near us has 20ft drop over the car park. Take a 100kG trolley and
let it build up speed over that - it has no trouble in bending door
hard enough so they don't work, or smashing lights.

I rarely go there, but always try to park at the top.

Paint incidentally isn't just for pretty. It's mostly to keep the
rust at bay.

Wickes in Barnsley has a slope on it's the carpark. I have seen many a
runaway loaded trolly damage a car in there.

That's no reason for Wickes to take action against it happening, or to be
held responsible if it does. The only person to blame is the person who
let go of the trolley.

-

How lovely it must be to live in your monochromatic world ...

Arfa

-
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

The probability that a given thread has degenerated into a ****ing contest
is directly proportional to its number of replies.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/11/2012 21:06, Andy Champ wrote:

Paint incidentally isn't just for pretty. It's mostly to keep the rust
at bay.

I was very pleasantly surprised some years ago when the little dink my
wife had put in the car causing the paint to flake off a bit of wing sat
there refusing to rust. Galvanising or similar works really well :-)

(that was a 1991 BX)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article op.woh8etwvytk5n5@i7-940, Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 22:11:03 -0000, dennis@home
wrote:

On 28/11/2012 21:13, Lieutenant Scott wrote: 8

If you deliberately get in my way slowing me down, I am going to try
to overtake you. Therefore you are causing a dangerous situation.

If you execute a dangerous manouver it is entirely your fault. You
cannot blame another driver for your stupidity.

Overtaking is always more dangerous than not overtaking.

If someone wants to go faster than me, I make it easier for them to get
past.

but a lot of roads do not have room to allow overtaking - perhasp there's
oncoming traffic.

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article op.woh877uoytk5n5@i7-940, Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 22:35:26 -0000, dennis@home
wrote:

On 28/11/2012 22:22, Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 22:17:37 -0000, dennis@home
wrote:

On 28/11/2012 21:36, Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 21:20:14 -0000, Tim Watts
wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

The tailgater is an arrogant ****** who needs to be reeducated.
Tailgaters harrass others and invariably do stupid things.

By getting in my way you are harassing me. You can choose to let me
past.

By slowing down, as you should when being tailgated.

If you have to slow down and there is no safe passing place then its
the stupid tailgater that is causing his delay.

If there is no place for him to get past, then speed up and go at a
decent rate you old fart.

That is unsafe as he is tailgating you and you have to slow down. Once
you start tailgating the only safe thing the driver infront can do is
slow down.

And what is wrong with going at a faster speed? Then he won't need to
tailgate you.

the "faster speed" might be over the speed limit.

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

And what is wrong with going at a faster speed? Then he won't need to
tailgate you.

Most tailgaters are of the aggressive mentality that believes that they
must pass the car in front no matter how fast it goes. Even if I am
travelling at their speed limit for that road, many idiots tailgate and
try to pass me.

They tailgate because they are thickos who do not have any patience, and
I normally catch them up at the next set of lights, or on one occasion,
when they've put it in the hedge due to the ice that I've noticed and
they haven't. I paused, checked they weren't hurt, and drove on, quietly
chuckling to myself

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 23:31:41 -0000, "ARW"
wrote:

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 01:59:34 -0000, Arfa Daily wrote:

Saves the supermarkets having to employ a trolley-rounder-upper ...

Thought the country needed jobs for people to do.

Only if it is cost productive.

One of the fired appentices is claiming on Facebook that he his now earning
£12 an hour stacking shelves at Lidl.

Unlikely. Shelf stackers in Waitrose only earn just above minimum
wage.
--
(\__/) M.
(")_(") is he still wrong?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/11/2012 00:14, Lieutenant Scott wrote:

wrote:

What a ****ing dip****. *You* are the one converting an irritating
situation into a dangerous one.

If something irritates someone, they are going to react to it. It's
like not scratching a midge bite.

Obviously, even if you have superb car control, you are not
temperamentally suited to being a driver. There is no need for
irritation to lead to dangerous practices and although I can understand
people getting worked up, you seem to advocate such practices, even in
the cool, calm light of day.

Most people get worked up in or out of cars. It's the way we're made.

Most people don't.
Its seems its only trolls like you.

Cite reference.

Cite one for your claim.

I can see that most people don't get worked up when they are driving or
doing anything else.

If you see most people getting worked up it must be you causing it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

The slow driver prompts the tailgater to be dangerous.

The tailgater is an arrogant ****** who needs to be reeducated.
Tailgaters harrass others and invariably do stupid things.

By getting in my way you are harassing me. You can choose to let me past.

You can choose to not be a self important ******.

-
Tim Watts Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

And what is wrong with going at a faster speed? Then he won't need to
tailgate you.

He won't need to tailgate anyone if he does the decent thing and goes and
tears up his license as he has no place on the roads.

Or goes and plays with the lions in Africa. I'm happy either way.
--
Tim Watts Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Nightjar wrote:
In article ,
Arfa Daily wrote:
Pretty rare. I'm talking about dip beam dazzle.

Again, you must live in a funny area. 'Accidental' main beam blinding
is so common now - at least around here - compared to only a few
years ago, when it mostly was genuinely accidental.

I'm mainly referring to town use, since I live in London.

I live in an area that has mixed rural and urban roads and I don't see
people using main beams a great deal, even when they should, much less
leaving them on to the inconvenience of oncoming traffic.

I'd agree with that too on my visits to unlighted roads. Although you have
to go quite far from here given pretty well all main roads and motorways
have lighting near London.

What I do notice is that 4X4 and vans with high mounted headlights seem to
cause more dazzle when you get close to them than cars with a more normal
height. Especially when parked on the 'wrong' side of the road which is so
common round here - if I have to do that I switch off the headlights
immediately.

--
*You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Same here. There is a certain amount of stupidity from other drivers I will absorb. Unfortunately for the 5th person that annoys me, the first 4 used that up.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Drive defensively. Buy a tank.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Andy Champ wrote:
[...]

It's the way the world should be. If A harms B, C has nothing to do with it.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

"Boy, will I give YOU a haircut!" said Tom barbarously.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 28/11/2012 21:13, Lieutenant Scott wrote: 8

If you deliberately get in my way slowing me down, I am going to try
to overtake you. Therefore you are causing a dangerous situation.

If you execute a dangerous manouver it is entirely your fault. You
cannot blame another driver for your stupidity.

Overtaking is always more dangerous than not overtaking.

If someone wants to go faster than me, I make it easier for them to get
past.

but a lot of roads do not have room to allow overtaking - perhasp there's
oncoming traffic.

Then I pull into a layby like tractors do. Well the decent ones.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

The ant can lift 50 times its own weight, can pull 30 times its own weight, and always falls over on its right side when intoxicated.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 09:00:05 -0000, John Williamson wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

And what is wrong with going at a faster speed? Then he won't need to
tailgate you.

Most tailgaters are of the aggressive mentality that believes that they
must pass the car in front no matter how fast it goes. Even if I am
travelling at their speed limit for that road, many idiots tailgate and
try to pass me.

If they have caught up with you, it is clear that they must have been travelling faster.

They tailgate because they are thickos who do not have any patience, and
I normally catch them up at the next set of lights, or on one occasion,
when they've put it in the hedge due to the ice that I've noticed and
they haven't. I paused, checked they weren't hurt, and drove on, quietly
chuckling to myself

Never happened to someone passing me, you probably annoyed them so much when they were stuck behind you that they were paying less attention.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Football is a bunch of millionaires ruining a lawn -- Charlie Brooker
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Oh for ****'s sake just read a newspaper will you?

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

What does a Scotsman wear under his kilt?
Lipstick, if he's lucky.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

The slow driver prompts the tailgater to be dangerous.

The tailgater is an arrogant ****** who needs to be reeducated.
Tailgaters harrass others and invariably do stupid things.

By getting in my way you are harassing me. You can choose to let me past.

You can choose to not be a self important ******.

What makes you think that the speed you're going has to be applied to everyone else? It's you that's dictating what others do.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

What does a Scotsman wear under his kilt?
Lipstick, if he's lucky.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 10:13:15 -0000, Tim Watts wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

And what is wrong with going at a faster speed? Then he won't need to
tailgate you.

He won't need to tailgate anyone if he does the decent thing and goes and
tears up his license as he has no place on the roads.

Or goes and plays with the lions in Africa. I'm happy either way.

Typical moronic response from a fool who thinks he has chosen the most appropriate speed for the road and anyone who can go faster than him must be dangerous.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Old Lady - "What is that funny looking thing over there?"
Zoo Keeper - "That's a kangaroo, madam. a native of Australia,"
Old Lady - "Oh, my god! My sister married one of them!"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 10:16:46 -0000, Tim Streater wrote:

In article op.woiap3gqytk5n5@i7-940, "Lieutenant Scott"
wrote:

On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 22:46:09 -0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article op.woh7d7h5ytk5n5@i7-940, "Lieutenant Scott"
wrote:

And don't say simples, you sound like that ****ing meerkat.

That's because I *am* that ****ing meerkat. Hadn't you noticed? God, but
you're *dim*.

You just referred to god, so I win.

Wrong, that's A---f H----r

Why are you afraid to write "Adolf Hitler"?

you're thinking of.

No, there is more than one thing you can refer to to lose an argument. And non-existent beings is one of them.

Or are they one and the
same to you? Sounds like it, from the way you describe your driving.

Both don't exist in the current time.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Amanpreet was overheard at the hospital angrily say, "My wife just delivered twins!!!"
A passerby said, "So? You should be happy about that. Why are you so angry?"
"I want to know who the son of a bitch is that's the father of the second kid!"

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

And what is wrong with going at a faster speed? Then he won't need to
tailgate you.

He won't need to tailgate anyone if he does the decent thing and goes and
tears up his license as he has no place on the roads.

Or goes and plays with the lions in Africa. I'm happy either way.

Typical moronic response from a fool who thinks he has chosen the most
appropriate speed for the road and anyone who can go faster than him must
be dangerous.

That's not what I wrote, dipstick.

I do not think "people who can go faster" are ******s who should go and poke
lions in the butts with pointy sticks.

I said tailgaters are.
--
Tim Watts Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

So?

dennis will leap out from a bush and slap you with a trout.

--
Tim Watts Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

And what is wrong with going at a faster speed? Then he won't need to
tailgate you.

He won't need to tailgate anyone if he does the decent thing and goes and
tears up his license as he has no place on the roads.

Or goes and plays with the lions in Africa. I'm happy either way.

Typical moronic response from a fool who thinks he has chosen the most
appropriate speed for the road and anyone who can go faster than him must
be dangerous.

That's not what I wrote, dipstick.

I do not think "people who can go faster" are ******s who should go and poke
lions in the butts with pointy sticks.

I said tailgaters are.

Tailgaters are simply people trying to go faster, but unable to do so because of people like you.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Worlds most powerful nob enlarger - a space suit with a fly zip
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 10:54:54 -0000, Tim Watts wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

So?

dennis will leap out from a bush and slap you with a trout.

That's not fair. I'm only trained to deal with kippers.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Capitalism: Man exploiting man.
Socialism: The reverse.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

The slow driver prompts the tailgater to be dangerous.

The tailgater is an arrogant ****** who needs to be reeducated.
Tailgaters harrass others and invariably do stupid things.

By getting in my way you are harassing me. You can choose to let me
past.

You can choose to not be a self important ******.

What makes you think that the speed you're going has to be applied to
everyone else? It's you that's dictating what others do.

No, it's me dictating what I do. And I do it for a good reason based on
experience and judgement. Anyone who get's slowed down is just unlucky, if
they genuinely have a car that performs a little safer at speed on wet/icy
roads compared to mine (which is pretty good, but it is not a sports car).

So tell me again, after I have made my own judgment, why I should speed up
to a point I consider unsafe based on what the **** behind me thinks I
should be doing when:

a) the **** is not driving *my* car;

b) the **** will not be suffering when I have an accident;

c) the **** may not even be a local so does not possess my knowledge of
local hazards? The number of flowers tied to trees on the bends on teh A21
at Silver Hill show what happens when non locals ignore the signs.

So basically - drive how you want, do not ****ing expect me to drive how to
want. And stay out of my safety space you *******.

--
Tim Watts Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim/

"It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent
moral busybodies."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

Tailgaters are simply people trying to go faster, because they are ****s

with no EQ and no appreciation for others having judgement different to
theirs.

Fixed that for you.
--
Tim Watts Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim/

"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/11/2012 10:47, Lieutenant Scott wrote:

It's the way the world should be. If A harms B, C has nothing to do
with it.

Might have changed over the years, but German law used to assign a
percentage responsibility to everyone else wrt crashes.

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

[...]

You decide your front safety space, I'll decide how much you get at the back you silly old codger. You have TWO choices. Speed up, or if you're too crap at driving or scared of crashing cause you're a nervous wreck for some reason, let me past.

By driving slower than other people, you're dictating the speed at which the whole queue behind you has to go at. It's called being selfish, and it's delaying hundreds of people whi have nothing to do with you.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Create instant designer stubble by sucking a magnet and dipping your chin in a bowl of iron fillings.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 11:02:03 -0000, Tim Watts wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

Tailgaters are simply people trying to go faster, because they are ****s

with no EQ and no appreciation for others having judgement different to
theirs.

Fixed that for you.

Troll, noun: Person who does childish things like editing what other people have said to suit their own means.
See "reporter".

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Watts wrote:

Tailgaters are simply people trying to go faster, because they are ****s
with no EQ and no appreciation for others having judgement different to
theirs.

You mean no appreciation for people with pathetic judgement and slow brains, driving their car slowly to suit.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Gary's weather forecasting stone:
Stone is wet Rain
Stone is dry Not raining
Shadow on ground Sunny
White on top Snowing
Can't see stone Foggy
Swinging stone Windy
Stone jumping up and down Earthquake
Stone gone Tornado

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 11:18:17 -0000, polygonum wrote:

On 29/11/2012 10:47, Lieutenant Scott wrote:

It's the way the world should be. If A harms B, C has nothing to do
with it.

Might have changed over the years, but German law used to assign a
percentage responsibility to everyone else wrt crashes.

Trust the Germans to do things that precisely.

Would be handy though if you crash into someone and you're both to blame, it could work out more sensibly as 20% 80% instead of knock for knock.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

G.A.Y. - Got Aids Yet?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

And what is wrong with going at a faster speed? Then he won't need to
tailgate you.

Most tailgaters are of the aggressive mentality that believes that they
must pass the car in front no matter how fast it goes. Even if I am
travelling at their speed limit for that road, many idiots tailgate and
try to pass me.

If they have caught up with you, it is clear that they must have been
travelling faster.

Which part of "travelling at their speed limit for that road" do you
misunderstand. If they catch me up and start tailgating, they are
stupid, impatient criminals by definition.

They tailgate because they are thickos who do not have any patience, and
I normally catch them up at the next set of lights, or on one occasion,
when they've put it in the hedge due to the ice that I've noticed and
they haven't. I paused, checked they weren't hurt, and drove on, quietly
chuckling to myself

Never happened to someone passing me, you probably annoyed them so much
when they were stuck behind you that they were paying less attention.

Which part of they were obviously travelling too fast for the road
conditions do you misunserstand?

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

And what is wrong with going at a faster speed? Then he won't need to
tailgate you.

Most tailgaters are of the aggressive mentality that believes that they
must pass the car in front no matter how fast it goes. Even if I am
travelling at their speed limit for that road, many idiots tailgate and
try to pass me.

If they have caught up with you, it is clear that they must have been
travelling faster.

Which part of "travelling at their speed limit for that road" do you
misunderstand.

"Travelling at THE speed limit for that road" is clear. However what you wrote is ambiguous. Do you mean "the speed at which the tailgater wants to go at"?

If they catch me up and start tailgating, they are
stupid, impatient criminals by definition.

If they catch you up, then their speed is higher than yours, that's simple physics. What gives you the right to decide that your speed is correct, but his is wrong? Everybody goes at different speeds, and unless you're a very selfish person, you allow others to carry on as they wish to.

They tailgate because they are thickos who do not have any patience, and
I normally catch them up at the next set of lights, or on one occasion,
when they've put it in the hedge due to the ice that I've noticed and
they haven't. I paused, checked they weren't hurt, and drove on, quietly
chuckling to myself

Never happened to someone passing me, you probably annoyed them so much
when they were stuck behind you that they were paying less attention.

Which part of they were obviously travelling too fast for the road
conditions do you misunserstand?

The part where I've never had it happen to me, yet you seem to have witnessed it. The difference between the two is you were present when he crashed and I wasn't.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Confucius say: "Foolish man give wife grand piano. Wise man give wife upright organ."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 12:12:51 -0000, Tim Streater wrote:

wrote:

And don't say simples, you sound like that ****ing meerkat.

That's because I *am* that ****ing meerkat. Hadn't you noticed? God, but
you're *dim*.

You just referred to god, so I win.

Wrong, that's A---f H----r

Why are you afraid to write "Adolf Hitler"?

Because now *I* win! arf! arf!

Are you 6 or something?

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

When you're having a really bad day and it seems like people are trying to **** you off, remember it takes 42 muscles to frown and only 4 to extend your middle finger.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Which part of "travelling at their speed limit for that road" do you
misunderstand.

"Travelling at THE speed limit for that road" is clear. However what
you wrote is ambiguous. Do you mean "the speed at which the tailgater
wants to go at"?

No.

If they catch me up and start tailgating, they are
stupid, impatient criminals by definition.

If they catch you up, then their speed is higher than yours, that's
simple physics. What gives you the right to decide that your speed is
correct, but his is wrong? Everybody goes at different speeds, and
unless you're a very selfish person, you allow others to carry on as
they wish to.

As you don't seem to take an interest in speed limits, as evidenced by
some of your other postings, you may not be aware that different vehicle
types often have different speed limits. If I'm travelling at or above
their speed limit, then they are criminals by definition if they catch
me up, and as they have decided to put themselves outside the law, they
deserve no consideration from the law abiding citizen.

They tailgate because they are thickos who do not have any patience,
and
I normally catch them up at the next set of lights, or on one occasion,
when they've put it in the hedge due to the ice that I've noticed and
they haven't. I paused, checked they weren't hurt, and drove on,
quietly
chuckling to myself

Never happened to someone passing me, you probably annoyed them so much
when they were stuck behind you that they were paying less attention.

Which part of they were obviously travelling too fast for the road
conditions do you misunserstand?

The part where I've never had it happen to me, yet you seem to have
witnessed it. The difference between the two is you were present when
he crashed and I wasn't.

Then your stated assumption as to the cause of their problem is unjustified.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

You decide your front safety space, I'll decide how much you get at the
back you silly old codger.

I'm 44 you cheeky little runt.

And my rear safety space affects whether you crash into me so, so it's not
your ****ing decision to make.

You have TWO choices. Speed up, or if you're
too crap at driving or scared of crashing cause you're a nervous wreck for
some reason, let me past.

By driving slower than other people, you're dictating the speed at which
the whole queue behind you has to go at. It's called being selfish, and
it's delaying hundreds of people whi have nothing to do with you.

You've failing to consider a 3rd option: I am driving correctly and you want
to drive like an arsehole. My money is on this one.

--
Tim Watts Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim/

"She got her looks from her father. He's a plastic surgeon."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

Tim Watts wrote:

Tailgaters are simply people trying to go faster, because they are ****s
with no EQ and no appreciation for others having judgement different to
theirs.

You mean no appreciation for people with pathetic judgement and slow
brains, driving their car slowly to suit.

See my earlier post. People like you are the ones who cause road rage.

--
Tim Watts Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim/

"She got her looks from her father. He's a plastic surgeon."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

And don't say simples, you sound like that ****ing meerkat.

That's because I *am* that ****ing meerkat. Hadn't you noticed?
God, but you're *dim*.

You just referred to god, so I win.

Wrong, that's A---f H----r

Why are you afraid to write "Adolf Hitler"?

Because now *I* win! arf! arf!

Are you 6 or something?

I think you have a mental age of 6 because all I hear from you is

"my choice of speed and therefore anyone else who believes differently is
wrong" coupled with "and if you don;t let me play how I want, I'm going to
throw all my toys out".

--
Tim Watts Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim/

"She got her looks from her father. He's a plastic surgeon."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/11/2012 12:35, John Williamson wrote:

As you don't seem to take an interest in speed limits, as evidenced by
some of your other postings, you may not be aware that different vehicle
types often have different speed limits. If I'm travelling at or above
their speed limit, then they are criminals by definition if they catch
me up, and as they have decided to put themselves outside the law, they
deserve no consideration from the law abiding citizen.

As he

https://www.gov.uk/speed-limits

Also the fitting of speed limiters.

And the physics of the situation which might mean that the posted (or
implied) speed limit cannot be reached in a particular vehicle on a
particular stretch of road.

You don't get a special right to force people to pull over and let you
by simply because your vehicle is capable or allowed to go faster than
theirs.

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 12:41:33 -0000, Tim Watts wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

You decide your front safety space, I'll decide how much you get at the
back you silly old codger.

I'm 44 you cheeky little runt.

Then drive like a 44 year old. Or you'll be down to 20mph when you're an OAP.

And my rear safety space affects whether you crash into me so, so it's not
your ****ing decision to make.

Why do you think the back end of cars is tougher than the front?

And if you don't like me there, then GET OUT OF THE WAY.

You have TWO choices. Speed up, or if you're
too crap at driving or scared of crashing cause you're a nervous wreck for
some reason, let me past.

By driving slower than other people, you're dictating the speed at which
the whole queue behind you has to go at. It's called being selfish, and
it's delaying hundreds of people whi have nothing to do with you.

You've failing to consider a 3rd option: I am driving correctly and you want
to drive like an arsehole. My money is on this one.

"Correctly"? So there is one fixed speed that is correct for everyone? Everyone has precisely the same skills and quality of car carrying the same load? I don't think so.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Peter is listening to "DJ Markski - Ski Mix Volume 51"