Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default And now I've seen it all ...

In article ,
Nightjar wrote:
In article ,
Arfa Daily wrote:
Pretty rare. I'm talking about dip beam dazzle.

Again, you must live in a funny area. 'Accidental' main beam blinding
is so common now - at least around here - compared to only a few
years ago, when it mostly was genuinely accidental.

I'm mainly referring to town use, since I live in London.

I live in an area that has mixed rural and urban roads and I don't see
people using main beams a great deal, even when they should, much less
leaving them on to the inconvenience of oncoming traffic.

I'd agree with that too on my visits to unlighted roads. Although you have
to go quite far from here given pretty well all main roads and motorways
have lighting near London.

What I do notice is that 4X4 and vans with high mounted headlights seem to
cause more dazzle when you get close to them than cars with a more normal
height. Especially when parked on the 'wrong' side of the road which is so
common round here - if I have to do that I switch off the headlights
immediately.

--
*You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.