Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default And now I've seen it all ...

On Nov 28, 2:24*am, "Arfa Daily" wrote:
"charles" wrote in message

In article op.wof3c81tytk5n5@i7-940,
* Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Tue, 27 Nov 2012 14:09:29 -0000, Man at B&Q
wrote:

On Nov 27, 1:03 pm, "Lieutenant Scott" wrote:
On Tue, 27 Nov 2012 07:53:22 -0000, dennis@home
wrote:
On 26/11/2012 23:42, Lieutenant Scott wrote:

Considering an old woman got done for speeding while being scared
of a
lorry tailgating her, yes they probably would.

Its stupid to speed up if you are being tailgated.

You tailgate me and I will slow down.

And I would just ignore the tailgater, or allow him to pass.

The slowing down is to allow him to pass. If neccessary I will slow to
complete stop until the ****wit is out of harms way in fromt of me.

He is tailgating you BECAUSE you are going bloody slow.

Moost lilkely you are being tailgated by someone who is impatient. If I'm
doing 70mph in the outside lane and someone has come up fast beind me,
I'll
pull over when I've finished overtaking the vehicles on the inner lane.

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18

This morning I was in a van being driven by my son. We were on a main road
heading to his new house. A woman pulled out in front of us in some little
piece of crap that should have had a key sticking up out of the boot, and
proceeded to hold us up for the next three miles at just over 20 mph. We
tailgated her to a distance of about 1 inch,

Then either you or your son are a ****wit. Or perhaps both of you.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 13:12:47 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 09:09:08 +0000, Mark wrote:

--snip--
One of the fired appentices is claiming on Facebook that he his now
earning £12 an hour stacking shelves at Lidl.

Unlikely. Shelf stackers in Waitrose only earn just above minimum
wage.

Might get to that at 3AM on a Sunday morning on time and half plus over
time. B-)

IIRC, when SWMBO left there, they were in the process of removing the
'perks' such as extra pay for Sundays etc. They got a little extra
for working late, but it wasn't a lot.

Oh this is one of ARWs sacked apprentices, they wouldn't know
when 3AM on Sunday morning is as they'd be rat arsed having had a fight
and been thrown out of a night club.

LOL.
--
(\__/) M.
(")_(") is he still wrong?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Nov 28, 12:31*pm, John Williamson
wrote:
Lieutenant Scott wrote:
And when you stopped he would have simply driven round you.
The arsehole is the one holding someone up, not the tailgater.
What makes you think just because you are a slow **** that you have the
right to make everyone else go at your speed?

It's amusing how many tailgaters insist on passing me in bad weather,
then find out that I am, in fact going faster than they think it is safe
to do so when they're the one "at point", so to speak.

One **** got the shock of his life when he discovered the recumbant
cycle in front of me as he tried to pull in after an overtake.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 14:00:02 -0000, dennis@home wrote:

On 29/11/2012 10:58, Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 10:53:47 -0000, Tim Watts wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 10:13:15 -0000, Tim Watts
wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

He won't need to tailgate anyone if he does the decent thing and
goes and
tears up his license as he has no place on the roads.

Or goes and plays with the lions in Africa. I'm happy either way.

Typical moronic response from a fool who thinks he has chosen the most
appropriate speed for the road and anyone who can go faster than him
must
be dangerous.

That's not what I wrote, dipstick.

I do not think "people who can go faster" are ******s who should go
and poke
lions in the butts with pointy sticks.

I said tailgaters are.

Tailgaters are simply people trying to go faster, but unable to do so
because of people like you.

Tailgater are idiots that don't know how to drive and they really
shouldn't be trying to go anywhere.

They can get there quicker than you, you're the one with the slow brain.

People have vastly different reaction speeds and thought processing times. Just look at professional sports.

Same applies to cars.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Barber: "Your hair is getting gray."
Customer: "Try cutting a little faster."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/11/2012 13:04, Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 12:44:22 -0000, Tim Watts wrote:

8

I think you have a mental age of 6 because all I hear from you is

"my choice of speed and therefore anyone else who believes differently is
wrong"

That's actually what you write. You seem to think the speed you have
chosen is the speed I should be going. You don't allow for people with
greater skill or less fear to go faster.

Odd.. its you that thinks you should force people who may have different
levels of skill to go faster.

Its completly stupid because if the driver infront has better skills you
should drive at his speed and if he has less skill he shouldn't drive
faster.
Either way makes you wrong.
however you wont uderstand this as you have proven yourself to be an
idiot by tailgating.

coupled with "and if you don;t let me play how I want, I'm going to
throw all my toys out".

Do you like to deliberately annoy people?

Funny how the truth often annoys the idiots.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Nov 28, 3:01*pm, "Lieutenant Scott" wrote:
On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 13:20:01 -0000, dennis@home wrote:
On 28/11/2012 12:25, Lieutenant Scott wrote:

You wouldn't have been doing 20 mph if it were me as I would have
stopped and explained to you why it is necessary to get slower when you
are being tailgated (or maybe just I would let your tyre down).

And when you stopped he would have simply driven round you.
The arsehole is the one holding someone up, not the tailgater.
What makes you think just because you are a slow **** that you have the
right to make everyone else go at your speed?

You have to drive safely, you can't do that when an aresole is
tailgating you and maintain a reasonable speed.
So tailgaters slow the traffic down.
Anyone with common sense would understand that.

So ignore the tailgater and go at the speed you would have done anyway. *If he crashes it's his problem.

It's your peoblem too when he crashes into the back of you.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 14:07:06 -0000, Man at B&Q wrote:

On Nov 27, 6:37 pm, "Lieutenant Scott" wrote:
On Tue, 27 Nov 2012 14:09:29 -0000, Man at B&Q wrote:

On Nov 27, 1:03 pm, "Lieutenant Scott" wrote:
On Tue, 27 Nov 2012 07:53:22 -0000, dennis@home wrote:
On 26/11/2012 23:42, Lieutenant Scott wrote:

Considering an old woman got done for speeding while being scared of a
lorry tailgating her, yes they probably would.

Its stupid to speed up if you are being tailgated.

You tailgate me and I will slow down.

And I would just ignore the tailgater, or allow him to pass.

The slowing down is to allow him to pass. If neccessary I will slow to
complete stop until the ****wit is out of harms way in fromt of me.

He is tailgating you BECAUSE you are going bloody slow.

No, he's tailgaiting (ie driveing far too close) and making no attemp
to pass because he's a ****wit.

Believe me, he'll pass if he can. Make it easier and he will go away.

If someone tailgates me, I feel guilty for holding him up, as I am obviously in a slower vehicle.

That's no excuse for tailgaiting (ie driving too close).

Yes it is, they're telling you they'd like past. Would you prefer they hooted or flashed?

Slow down some more and let them pass and be on their way.

Exactly.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Customer explaining flooded car to insurance claim investigator:
"It didn't look that deep at first glance - it only came half way up the ducks."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Nov 28, 3:52*pm, "tim....." wrote:
"polygonum" wrote in message

On 28/11/2012 09:11, Mark wrote:
On Tue, 27 Nov 2012 21:25:39 +0000, SteveW
wrote:

On 27/11/2012 20:16, Andy Champ wrote:
On 27/11/2012 09:41, Dave Liquorice wrote:
I've used the Parent & Child spaces when taking my father shopping and
all the disabled ones were taken (he had a Blue Badge). I was quite
looking forward to being challenged either by a parent or the store
but I
wasn't.

Why would you be? *You were a parent and child weren't you? *There's no
age limit AFAIK...

There are actually terms and conditions to using them. They generally
refer to a cut-off age of five - Tesco and Sainsburys definitely had
this, as they used to (maybe still do) have a registration scheme and
Tesco used to issue badges (this is from 9 years ago).

The pushchair symbol painted on the ground and on the signs is a hint
;-)

:-) indeed!

On the other hand, the wheelchair symbol can be *very* misleading. There
are plenty of people who appear perfectly able to stand and walk (and
therefore do not need wheelchairs) but do need to use bays for disabled..

But they won't have a badge will they?

If their condition qualifies them for one, they will.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/11/2012 10:48, Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 04:59:05 -0000, charles
wrote:

In article op.woh8etwvytk5n5@i7-940, Lieutenant Scott
wrote:
On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 22:11:03 -0000, dennis@home
wrote:

On 28/11/2012 21:13, Lieutenant Scott wrote: 8

If you deliberately get in my way slowing me down, I am going to try
to overtake you. Therefore you are causing a dangerous situation.

If you execute a dangerous manouver it is entirely your fault. You
cannot blame another driver for your stupidity.

Overtaking is always more dangerous than not overtaking.

If someone wants to go faster than me, I make it easier for them to get
past.

but a lot of roads do not have room to allow overtaking - perhasp there's
oncoming traffic.

Then I pull into a layby like tractors do.

I wonder if anyone believes that?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 28/11/2012 12:25, Lieutenant Scott wrote:

You wouldn't have been doing 20 mph if it were me as I would have
stopped and explained to you why it is necessary to get slower when you
are being tailgated (or maybe just I would let your tyre down).

And when you stopped he would have simply driven round you.
The arsehole is the one holding someone up, not the tailgater.
What makes you think just because you are a slow **** that you have the
right to make everyone else go at your speed?

You have to drive safely, you can't do that when an aresole is
tailgating you and maintain a reasonable speed.
So tailgaters slow the traffic down.
Anyone with common sense would understand that.

So ignore the tailgater and go at the speed you would have done anyway..
If he crashes it's his problem.

You don't understand much about driving.

You have to be able to stop in an emergency even if the idiot behind
runs into the back.

If he does it will push you forwards and you need to allow for that.

The only way is to drive slower.

Therefor tailgating slows the traffic. *QED

No, you do what you do, he does what he does. *Him smashing into you is none of your concern.

?

If he pushes you into something that you wouldn't otherwise have hit, then he gets blamed.

And you quite possibly end up dead. You really are a prize ****wit.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 28/11/2012 12:25, Lieutenant Scott wrote:

You have to drive safely, you can't do that when an aresole is
tailgating you and maintain a reasonable speed.
So tailgaters slow the traffic down.
Anyone with common sense would understand that.

So ignore the tailgater and go at the speed you would have done anyway.
If he crashes it's his problem.

You don't understand much about driving.

You have to be able to stop in an emergency even if the idiot behind
runs into the back.

If he does it will push you forwards and you need to allow for that.

The only way is to drive slower.

Therefor tailgating slows the traffic. *QED

No, you do what you do, he does what he does. *Him smashing into you is
none of your concern. *If he pushes you into something that you wouldn't
otherwise have hit, then he gets blamed. *Simple.

Not much comfort if you or someone else is killed or seriously injured
because the tailgater shunted you forward when you tried to stop.

Hardly. *You'd get shunted a little bit. *Not enough to change life to death.

It might only take "a little shunt" to put you in the path of another
heavier vehicle.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

Stop shaking your cane in that manner, you look very stupid.

Yawn. I do not appear to be the one defending an isolated POV.

--
Tim Watts Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim/

"She got her looks from her father. He's a plastic surgeon."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Both the unreasonably slow and the tailgater are in the wrong, but the
slow driver is only very irritating, while the tailgater is dangerous.

The slow driver prompts the tailgater to be dangerous.

Even more evidence that his attitude makes him a ****wit.

MBQ
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/11/2012 12:23, Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 11:55:38 -0000, John Williamson
wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 09:00:05 -0000, John Williamson
wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

And what is wrong with going at a faster speed? Then he won't need to
tailgate you.

Most tailgaters are of the aggressive mentality that believes that they
must pass the car in front no matter how fast it goes. Even if I am
travelling at their speed limit for that road, many idiots tailgate and
try to pass me.

If they have caught up with you, it is clear that they must have been
travelling faster.

Which part of "travelling at their speed limit for that road" do you
misunderstand.

"Travelling at THE speed limit for that road" is clear. However what
you wrote is ambiguous. Do you mean "the speed at which the tailgater
wants to go at"?

If they catch me up and start tailgating, they are
stupid, impatient criminals by definition.

If they catch you up, then their speed is higher than yours, that's
simple physics. What gives you the right to decide that your speed is
correct, but his is wrong? Everybody goes at different speeds, and
unless you're a very selfish person, you allow others to carry on as
they wish to.

Like the tailgater does when he *forces* you to slow down because he is
too close?

Typically they are then so stupid that they don't drop back so they can
see to overtake and blame the good driver for driving too slow when it
is entirely their own fault.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

So ****ing what? Everybody does it. What right has the government to
dictate how quickly somebody carries out a task?

It's called a "society" - it's where we all agree to go along with a common
set of rules for the genral good, even if some of the people cannot always
agree with some of the rules.

You seem to have some difficulty with the concept of society...

--
Tim Watts Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim/

"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

That is a chance. But speeding has precisely ZERO chance of losing your
license unless you've already been caught three times in the last few
years (in which case you need a satnav with a speed camera database).

Bugger losing the license.

Some of us don't don't want ANY points because it puts our insurance
premiums up - or disbars us from certain jobs that require a CCL.

--
Tim Watts Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim/

"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Nov 28, 10:39*pm, "Lieutenant Scott" wrote:
On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 22:35:26 -0000, dennis@home wrote:
On 28/11/2012 22:22, Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 22:17:37 -0000, dennis@home
wrote:

On 28/11/2012 21:36, Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 21:20:14 -0000, Tim Watts
wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

The tailgater is an arrogant ****** who needs to be reeducated.
Tailgaters
harrass others and invariably do stupid things.

By getting in my way you are harassing me. *You can choose to let me
past.

By slowing down, as you should when being tailgated.

If you have to slow down and there is no safe passing place then its the
stupid tailgater that is causing his delay.

If there is no place for him to get past, then speed up and go at a
decent rate you old fart.

That is unsafe as he is tailgating you and you have to slow down.
Once you start tailgating the only safe thing the driver infront can do
is slow down.

And what is wrong with going at a faster speed? *Then he won't need to tailgate you.

Jeezus. He was tailgaiting to start with. He's still tailgaiting when
I slow down. What makes you think he will stop tailgaiting if I speed
up again?

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/11/2012 12:46, polygonum wrote:
On 29/11/2012 12:35, John Williamson wrote:

As you don't seem to take an interest in speed limits, as evidenced by
some of your other postings, you may not be aware that different vehicle
types often have different speed limits. If I'm travelling at or above
their speed limit, then they are criminals by definition if they catch
me up, and as they have decided to put themselves outside the law, they
deserve no consideration from the law abiding citizen.

As he

https://www.gov.uk/speed-limits

Also the fitting of speed limiters.

And the physics of the situation which might mean that the posted (or
implied) speed limit cannot be reached in a particular vehicle on a
particular stretch of road.

You don't get a special right to force people to pull over and let you
by simply because your vehicle is capable or allowed to go faster than
theirs.

There might not be anywhere safe to pull over anyway, in which case you
just have to drive slower until the tailgater falls back or goes elsewhere.
the tailgater, being stupid, understands none of this.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
On 26/11/2012 23:42, Lieutenant Scott wrote:

Considering an old woman got done for speeding while being scared
of a
lorry tailgating her, yes they probably would.

Its stupid to speed up if you are being tailgated.

You tailgate me and I will slow down.

And I would just ignore the tailgater, or allow him to pass.

The slowing down is to allow him to pass. If neccessary I will slow to
complete stop until the ****wit is out of harms way in fromt of me.

He is tailgating you BECAUSE you are going bloody slow.

Moost lilkely you are being tailgated by someone who is impatient. If I'm
doing 70mph in the outside lane and someone has come up fast beind me,
I'll
pull over when I've finished overtaking the vehicles on the inner lane.

--
From KT24

The woman with a key in her car is the ****wit. If you're going to drive on the road, then use a vehicle capable of doing so.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

An ostrichs eye is bigger than its brain.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

Or you're not allowing them to break the speed limit.

Why should I facilitate someone breaking the law? I don't much mind if they
do, unless they do so in a stupid place or manner. But I will not be helping
you in your quest to be an anti social nobber.

--
Tim Watts Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim/

"She got her looks from her father. He's a plastic surgeon."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Why the **** hadn't you overtaken it? You're driving dangerously hiding bicycles like that.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Patient: Doctor, I think I need glasses.
Madam: I think so, too. This is a brothel.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

Not much chance of that. And if they did they'd be in the chokey.

Only if they got caught; to use your line of reasoning.

--
Tim Watts Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

Why the **** hadn't you overtaken it? You're driving dangerously hiding
bicycles like that.

You are one of Drivel's multiple personailities and I claim my £5.

--
Tim Watts Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message op.wojdrmrqytk5n5@i7-940, Lieutenant Scott
writes
Never happened to someone passing me, you probably annoyed them so much
when they were stuck behind you that they were paying less attention.

I got the finger from a young lady who had tailgated me at the exact
speed limit over a distance of 7 miles:-)

Over 7 miles there was no point at which you could have let her past,
without breaking the speed limit? I doubt it. You enjoyed annoying
her. Congratulations, you're a git.

There were ample opportunities for a competent driver to overtake.

Worse than that... I am an old law abiding git.

I don't consider it my business to stop others speeding but I do believe
that speed limits are set for the benefit of all road users. This must
take account of driver ability, vehicle performance, road conditions,
pedestrians, schoolchildren etc. There will always be occasions when it
is safe to break the law but this relies on the driver's opinion of the
conditions and his ability and may be suspect.

I see no reason to risk points on my licence because someone else is in
a hurry.

"Risk points on your license" indeed. You have to get 12 to lose your
license. You only get 3 for speeding. There's a good margin for error
there.

Why should I want any?

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

And what is wrong with going at a faster speed? *Then he won't need to
tailgate you.

He won't need to tailgate anyone if he does the decent thing and goes and
tears up his license as he has no place on the roads.

Or goes and plays with the lions in Africa. I'm happy either way.

Typical moronic response from a fool who thinks he has chosen the most
appropriate speed for the road and anyone who can go faster than him must
be dangerous.

That's not what I wrote, dipstick.

I do not think "people who can go faster" are ******s who should go and poke
lions in the butts with pointy sticks.

I said tailgaters are.

Tailgaters are simply people trying to go faster, but unable to do so because of people like you.

Tailgaiters are ****wits who drive aggresively close and try to bully
others into driving unsafely.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 14:16:59 -0000, Man at B&Q wrote:

[...]

It's a long way between the back of my car and me. And Because I'm in front of my seat, I won't feel him hitting me.

By the way, two people have hit the back of me. One was driving a rubbish van in the snow and wasn't very good at it. The other was a woman who was NOT tailgating me, so when she didn't notice I'd slowed down, there was quite a distance for her to travel to hit me, more impact, loss of her radiator, bumper, bonnet, and two headlights. Oh and guess what, I couldn't find any evidence she'd touched my car, not a single scratch. I didn't take her details and told her she wasn't going to get a letter from my insurance company. Left her on the hard shoulder wondering where she was going to get the money to pay for her car.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 28/11/2012 21:13, Lieutenant Scott wrote: 8

If you deliberately get in my way slowing me down, I am going to try
to overtake you. Therefore you are causing a dangerous situation.

If you execute a dangerous manouver it is entirely your fault. You
cannot blame another driver for your stupidity.

Overtaking is always more dangerous than not overtaking.

If someone wants to go faster than me, I make it easier for them to get
past.

but a lot of roads do not have room to allow overtaking - perhasp there's
oncoming traffic.

Then I pull into a layby like tractors do.

I wonder if anyone believes that?

I usually drive fast enough that nobody ever wants past, but if I'm driving with a heavy load, or I'm driving economically, then yes, I ALWAYS let people past. It's called being polite and considerate.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

A penny saved is a government oversight.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

Well said. Which is exactly why they **** me off more than many other types
of traffic offender. If people like the Lootenunt were just liable to wrap
themselves around a tree through their own idiocy, I would care a lot less.

--
Tim Watts Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

It wouldn't have that much effect. As he's tailgating you, he'll touch you soon after you brake. So the only difference is your brakes are now slowing the weight of two cars. Most decent brakes can do this.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Send all problems by email
Only phone me with EMERGENCY problems (e.g. LPT1 on fire)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/11/2012 13:06, Lieutenant Scott wrote:

wrote:
Which part of "travelling at their speed limit for that road" do you
misunderstand.

"Travelling at THE speed limit for that road" is clear. However what
you wrote is ambiguous. Do you mean "the speed at which the tailgater
wants to go at"?

No.

Then what the hell do you mean?

If they catch me up and start tailgating, they are
stupid, impatient criminals by definition.

If they catch you up, then their speed is higher than yours, that's
simple physics. What gives you the right to decide that your speed is
correct, but his is wrong? Everybody goes at different speeds, and
unless you're a very selfish person, you allow others to carry on as
they wish to.

As you don't seem to take an interest in speed limits, as evidenced by
some of your other postings, you may not be aware that different vehicle
types often have different speed limits. If I'm travelling at or above
their speed limit, then they are criminals by definition if they catch
me up, and as they have decided to put themselves outside the law, they
deserve no consideration from the law abiding citizen.

Here's some news for you, a huge section of the population speeds. Just
because it's illegal doesn't mean it's wrong. All those people disagree
with you. THREE MILLION caught a year plus the ones that aren't caught
ALL disagree with you.

That doesn't make them right.
just look at how many of the idiots continue to speed when the highways
agency drops the speed limit on a road.
Of course one reason they drop speed limits is when the surface loses
its traction and they don't have the funds to resurface it.
Its happens a lot since they bought the laser scaners in to measure
friction on the roads.

They tailgate because they are thickos who do not have any patience,
and
I normally catch them up at the next set of lights, or on one
occasion,
when they've put it in the hedge due to the ice that I've noticed and
they haven't. I paused, checked they weren't hurt, and drove on,
quietly
chuckling to myself

Never happened to someone passing me, you probably annoyed them so
much
when they were stuck behind you that they were paying less attention.

Which part of they were obviously travelling too fast for the road
conditions do you misunserstand?

The part where I've never had it happen to me, yet you seem to have
witnessed it. The difference between the two is you were present when
he crashed and I wasn't.

Then your stated assumption as to the cause of their problem is
unjustified.

WHAT?!?!? Listen to what I write for crying out loud. YOU caused him
to crash. *I* did not. YOU are the dangerous arsehole.

You can't cause another driver to crash by forcing him to drive like a
pillock, unless you are tailgating someone.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Man at B&Q wrote:

It might only take "a little shunt" to put you in the path of another
heavier vehicle.

Or over an AHB level crossing where you have 30 seconds before the train
comes and rearranges you and your car.

--
Tim Watts Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim/

"She got her looks from her father. He's a plastic surgeon."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/11/2012 13:37, Tim Watts wrote:
Lieutenant Scott wrote:

Here's some news for you, a huge section of the population speeds. Just
because it's illegal doesn't mean it's wrong. All those people disagree
with you. THREE MILLION caught a year plus the ones that aren't caught
ALL disagree with you.

I don't care if some people speed when it's not dangerous to do so. I have
been pulled before and set of (an empty) GATSO.

There are three types of Gatso..

One without a camera but with a flash unit,
one with a camera and a flash unit,
one with neither.

You can drive past one and get flashed but no picture is taken.
Next time they may have rotated a camera in and you get done.

It's tailgating I hate - there is never a good reason for it other that the
rear driver is a ****.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Lieutenant Scott wrote:
And when you stopped he would have simply driven round you.
The arsehole is the one holding someone up, not the tailgater.
What makes you think just because you are a slow **** that you have the
right to make everyone else go at your speed?

It's amusing how many tailgaters insist on passing me in bad weather,
then find out that I am, in fact going faster than they think it is safe
to do so when they're the one "at point", so to speak.

One **** got the shock of his life when he discovered the recumbant
cycle in front of me as he tried to pull in after an overtake.

Why the **** hadn't you overtaken it?

Because there was no where safe to overtake*due to the width of the
road and the oncoming traffic. The **** decided to chance it.

You're driving dangerously hiding bicycles like that.

It had a ****ing great pennant flying from it which the **** should
have seen.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

It's a long way between the back of my car and me. And Because I'm in
front of my seat, I won't feel him hitting me.

And the kids sitting in the rear most seat of my car who are 12" from the
rear metalwork?

Typical moron - understands his own tiny world view and then applies it to
everyone else without the slightest inkling that things might just be
different for someone else.

It's because I have kids in the rear that I particularly despite tailgating
retards like you.

--
Tim Watts Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/11/2012 11:19, Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 11:00:29 -0000, Tim Watts wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

The tailgater is an arrogant ****** who needs to be reeducated.
Tailgaters harrass others and invariably do stupid things.

By getting in my way you are harassing me. You can choose to let me
past.

You can choose to not be a self important ******.

What makes you think that the speed you're going has to be applied to
everyone else? It's you that's dictating what others do.

No, it's me dictating what I do. And I do it for a good reason based on
experience and judgement. Anyone who get's slowed down is just
unlucky, if
they genuinely have a car that performs a little safer at speed on
wet/icy
roads compared to mine (which is pretty good, but it is not a sports
car).

So tell me again, after I have made my own judgment, why I should
speed up
to a point I consider unsafe based on what the **** behind me thinks I
should be doing when:

a) the **** is not driving *my* car;

b) the **** will not be suffering when I have an accident;

c) the **** may not even be a local so does not possess my knowledge of
local hazards? The number of flowers tied to trees on the bends on teh
A21
at Silver Hill show what happens when non locals ignore the signs.

So basically - drive how you want, do not ****ing expect me to drive
how to
want. And stay out of my safety space you *******.

You decide your front safety space, I'll decide how much you get at the
back you silly old codger. You have TWO choices. Speed up, or if
you're too crap at driving or scared of crashing cause you're a nervous
wreck for some reason, let me past.

By driving slower than other people, you're dictating the speed at which
the whole queue behind you has to go at. It's called being selfish, and
it's delaying hundreds of people whi have nothing to do with you.

Its the tailgater that dictates the safe speed of the car infront.
By tailgating you are forcing them to drive slower than the conditions
infront demand by definition.
If you want to hold up hundreds of people behind by tailgating then you
must be very selfish.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

Here's some news for you, a huge section of the population speeds. Just
because it's illegal doesn't mean it's wrong. All those people disagree
with you. THREE MILLION caught a year plus the ones that aren't caught
ALL disagree with you.

I don't care if some people speed when it's not dangerous to do so. I
have been pulled before and set of (an empty) GATSO.

There are three types of Gatso..

One without a camera but with a flash unit,
one with a camera and a flash unit,
one with neither.

You can drive past one and get flashed but no picture is taken.
Next time they may have rotated a camera in and you get done.

This one was live. But most likely out of film.

I know this because I knew someone in the police who commented that that
particular one was notorious for being refilled in the morning and being out
of film by the afternoon. It flashed for me in the evening.

--
Tim Watts Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/11/2012 13:27, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 16:35:40 +0000, usenet2012 wrote:

Our Tesco locks the wheels as you go up/down their travelators. Damned
annoying when in a hurry though the alternative is probably too amusing
a prospect to be allowed.

Normally defeatable by lifting the rear wheels but trollies are damn
heavy empty and as you say it could be ammusing.

I'd like to know how the "trollies won't go past this point" thing works.
I know some have bits of "travelator grid" the the wheels bind in but the
Hexham Tesco between it and Aldi is just an ordinary mix of paving slabs,
concrete or tarmac. Bit of steel buried and magnet in the hub?

The lidl and asda ones by me have an iduction coil under the path.
It probably activates a motor in the wheels that winds the pins out of
the hub that stop the wheels going.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/11/2012 14:02, Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 13:57:10 -0000, dennis@home
wrote:

On 29/11/2012 10:50, Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 09:49:13 -0000, dennis@home
wrote:

On 29/11/2012 00:14, Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 23:51:35 -0000, dennis@home
wrote:

On 28/11/2012 23:17, Lieutenant Scott wrote:

Most people don't.
Its seems its only trolls like you.

Cite reference.

Cite one for your claim.

I can see that most people don't get worked up when they are driving or
doing anything else.

If you see most people getting worked up it must be you causing it.

Oh for ****'s sake just read a newspaper will you?

So you think newspapers cover what the majority of people do?
Its hardly surprising you have a poor knowledge of life.

They show you all the examples you need to see that I'm right, many many
many people get worked up every day.

You are deranged.
Even if the entire news paper listed the names of people that got worked
up they would still be a very small percentage of the whole.
Typically a newspaper might have a handfull of people getting worked up.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 14:16:08 -0000, dennis@home wrote:

[...]

I didn't tell you to force anyone, I told you to let them past OR drive at a faster speed. The choice is yours.

And for god's sake get a spell checker.

coupled with "and if you don;t let me play how I want, I'm going to
throw all my toys out".

Do you like to deliberately annoy people?

Funny how the truth often annoys the idiots.

Driving slower than they want to go annoys them, how can you call your driving "the truth", we're talking about physical actions here, not a discussion.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

There are two sides to every divorce:
Yours and the stupid idiot's.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 14:22:56 -0000, Tim Watts wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

Stop shaking your cane in that manner, you look very stupid.

Yawn. I do not appear to be the one defending an isolated POV.

It's hardly isolated if there are so many of us doing it to you.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

I want to lie shipwrecked and comatose
Drinking fresh mango juice
With goldfish shoals nibbling round my toes
Fun in the sun