Posted to uk.d-i-y
Man at B&Q Man at B&Q is offline

Default And now I've seen it all ...

On Nov 28, 3:52*pm, "tim....." wrote:
"polygonum" wrote in message

On 28/11/2012 09:11, Mark wrote:
On Tue, 27 Nov 2012 21:25:39 +0000, SteveW
wrote:

On 27/11/2012 20:16, Andy Champ wrote:
On 27/11/2012 09:41, Dave Liquorice wrote:
I've used the Parent & Child spaces when taking my father shopping and
all the disabled ones were taken (he had a Blue Badge). I was quite
looking forward to being challenged either by a parent or the store
but I
wasn't.

Why would you be? *You were a parent and child weren't you? *There's no
age limit AFAIK...

There are actually terms and conditions to using them. They generally
refer to a cut-off age of five - Tesco and Sainsburys definitely had
this, as they used to (maybe still do) have a registration scheme and
Tesco used to issue badges (this is from 9 years ago).

The pushchair symbol painted on the ground and on the signs is a hint
;-)

:-) indeed!

On the other hand, the wheelchair symbol can be *very* misleading. There
are plenty of people who appear perfectly able to stand and walk (and
therefore do not need wheelchairs) but do need to use bays for disabled..

But they won't have a badge will they?

If their condition qualifies them for one, they will.

MBQ