Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default And now I've seen it all ...

On 29/11/2012 13:06, Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 12:35:20 -0000, John Williamson
wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 11:55:38 -0000, John Williamson
wrote:
Which part of "travelling at their speed limit for that road" do you
misunderstand.

"Travelling at THE speed limit for that road" is clear. However what
you wrote is ambiguous. Do you mean "the speed at which the tailgater
wants to go at"?

No.

Then what the hell do you mean?

If they catch me up and start tailgating, they are
stupid, impatient criminals by definition.

If they catch you up, then their speed is higher than yours, that's
simple physics. What gives you the right to decide that your speed is
correct, but his is wrong? Everybody goes at different speeds, and
unless you're a very selfish person, you allow others to carry on as
they wish to.

As you don't seem to take an interest in speed limits, as evidenced by
some of your other postings, you may not be aware that different vehicle
types often have different speed limits. If I'm travelling at or above
their speed limit, then they are criminals by definition if they catch
me up, and as they have decided to put themselves outside the law, they
deserve no consideration from the law abiding citizen.

Here's some news for you, a huge section of the population speeds. Just
because it's illegal doesn't mean it's wrong. All those people disagree
with you. THREE MILLION caught a year plus the ones that aren't caught
ALL disagree with you.

That doesn't make them right.
just look at how many of the idiots continue to speed when the highways
agency drops the speed limit on a road.
Of course one reason they drop speed limits is when the surface loses
its traction and they don't have the funds to resurface it.
Its happens a lot since they bought the laser scaners in to measure
friction on the roads.

They tailgate because they are thickos who do not have any patience,
and
I normally catch them up at the next set of lights, or on one
occasion,
when they've put it in the hedge due to the ice that I've noticed and
they haven't. I paused, checked they weren't hurt, and drove on,
quietly
chuckling to myself

Never happened to someone passing me, you probably annoyed them so
much
when they were stuck behind you that they were paying less attention.

Which part of they were obviously travelling too fast for the road
conditions do you misunserstand?

The part where I've never had it happen to me, yet you seem to have
witnessed it. The difference between the two is you were present when
he crashed and I wasn't.

Then your stated assumption as to the cause of their problem is
unjustified.

WHAT?!?!? Listen to what I write for crying out loud. YOU caused him
to crash. *I* did not. YOU are the dangerous arsehole.

You can't cause another driver to crash by forcing him to drive like a
pillock, unless you are tailgating someone.