Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default And now I've seen it all ...

Mark wrote:
On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 13:33:35 +0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article ,
Mark wrote:
I guess they rely on people not bothering to do this.

Aren't the wheels still locked if you do this?

I haven't tried this.

And how does that system work, anyway?

I assume it uses magnets but I haven't examined them in detail.

Magnets in the plate in the exits, attracts locking mechanism in wheel
assembly. Released by using special tool.

They can be defeated by lifting the trolley over the plate as suggested
as the range is only an inch or so. OTOH, have you ever tried to lift a
trolley containing the average "big shop" and carrying it a couple of yards?

--
Tciao for Now!

John.