Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark[_30_] Mark[_30_] is offline

Default And now I've seen it all ...

On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 13:33:35 +0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article ,
Mark wrote:

On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 12:06:39 +0000, usenet2012
wrote:

In message , Mark
writes
Waitrose have a different technique; their trolleys lock the wheels if
you attempt to take them too far.

so does our nearest Sainsburys.

Don't they just lock the wheels as you go over an activating pad? (I
can't see them fitting some sort of proximity device to activate the
locks.)

Probably.

If you were serious about borrowing one you could simply lift
the locking wheels over.

I guess they rely on people not bothering to do this.

Aren't the wheels still locked if you do this?

I haven't tried this.

And how does that system work, anyway?

I assume it uses magnets but I haven't examined them in detail.
--
(\__/) M.
(")_(") is he still wrong?