Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Andy Hall wrote:
And what's wrong FFS with a mother with young children - who will by
nature be young herself - walking 1/2 a mile? Did your mother have a
car? And her mother's mother? If not, how on earth did they get by?

They had good local shops with proper service and were able to to walk
to them every day or couple of days. Most shops delivered.

As do all the supermarkets.

Nowadays people want to buy on price, live with a faster pace of life
where time is critical.

I'd hope a mother with small children would still have some time for them.
And taking them out for a walk or in a pushchair surely is still a
pleasant occupation?

If society existed, then one could say that it's a societal issue.

Could be.

--
*Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Doctor Evil

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 14:04:22 +0100, "Christian McArdle"
wrote:

I do object to being penalised by taxation four times over for making
my own healthcare arrangements and unburdening the state from having
to do so to a large extent.

Actually, medical insurance here is a fraction of its true cost, because

the
insurance companies know that much required treatment will be done on the
NHS, even if you're insured. Many people only invoke their insurance if

they
come against a waiting list, or have difficulty getting a consultant
referral.

Christian.

Most insurance companies offer a lower premium if people elect to go
the NHS route under a defined set of circumstances.

Insurance in the UK primarily covers acute rather than chronic
treatment. It is also expensive because of the tax penalty on the
individual and the employer if a company provides it. This is
fundamentally wrong. There should be an incentive for unburdening the
public system.

Nope. You pay your taxes. Why should the government encourage petty snobbery
via taxation. Appalling thing to suggest.

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ws.net,
Doctor Evil wrote:
Nope. You pay road tax.

There hasn't been a Road Fund Licence for many years. It's Vehicle Excise
Duty and simply goes into the national bottomless taxation pit.

If you add up the amount of money that Mr Average Motorist spends on
fuel each year, the road fund licence is a drop in the tank.

It is still tax that should not be there. It costs to collect and
enforce. Totally unnecessary.

It allows an annual check of insurance and MOT (where needed) It keeps the
database of who owns what up to date. So the tax comes at little or no
collection costs, as this would still need to me maintained without it.

--
*If all the world is a stage, where is the audience sitting?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Andy Hall wrote:
I have found that nearly all people I have met who have no interest
in sport whatsoever are odd in some way.

No need to wonder what they thought of you.

chuckles

Hey, he might just mix with a circle of people who do nothing other
than the things he does (not untypical), therefore, anyone who doesn't
act exactly as he (they) do is bound to look 'odd' ? ;-)

Soggy biscuit club, I suspect.

Probably like the old Womans' Guild, except that instead of swopping
knitting patterns it will be boiler maker's catalogues.

--
*I'm not being rude. You're just insignificant

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
John Rumm

Doctor Evil wrote:

Yep. I take no crap.

Well, keep speaking it at this rate and you are going to run out.

--
Cheers,

John.

Capitol

Andy Hall wrote:
On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 21:22:10 +0100, Capitol
wrote:

Andy Hall wrote:

Taxation in the U.S. is also much lower at around 25% vs. 35% in the
UK and even more elsewhere in Europe.

Are you sure about these figures? The Adam Smith institute quotes 38.5%
for the UK for 2005/5. I agree that the EU is higher. The US is more
difficult, as some states have state and federal income tax and various
rates of sales and property taxes, so it can depend very much on where
you live.

Regards
Capitol

This is an averaged figure, and I appreciate that the exact numbers in
the U.S. vary from state to state depending on the levels of sales,
property, local income and corporate tax.

The real point was that it is about 25% less in the U.S. That gives
people the freedom to spend a substantially greater proportion of
their income as they choose rather than letting the nanny state run
their lives for them.

I did a little bit of checking on the US, UK and Canada(nearer to the
EU). The relative tax freedom days are 31/5/05, 17/4/05 and 26/6/05. If
you add in the US healthcare costs(averaged) this equates to a
tax/healthcare freedom day of 8/6/05 in the US, which does reflect the
UK's lower cost/quality healthcare, but our total tax/healthcare costs
are lower per individual. Just still far too high. A better comparison
would be to compare government costs(other than military) in the UK and
the US. Anyone have the numbers?

Regards
Capitol
Doctor Evil

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ws.net,
Doctor Evil wrote:

Nope. You pay road tax.

There hasn't been a Road Fund Licence for many years. It's Vehicle Excise
Duty

Is that the round disc on the windscreen? Er, er, er, yes.

Doctor Evil

Andy Hall wrote:
I have found that nearly all people I have met who have no interest
in sport whatsoever are odd in some way.

No need to wonder what they thought of you.

chuckles

Hey, he might just mix with a circle of people who do nothing other
than the things he does (not untypical), therefore, anyone who doesn't
act exactly as he (they) do is bound to look 'odd' ? ;-)

Soggy biscuit club, I suspect.

Probably like the ....failed electric caber *******.

Doctor Evil

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Doctor Evil wrote:

Yep. I take no crap.

Well, keep speaking it at this rate and you are going to run out.

I will never run out of taking no crap.

raden

In message , Andy Hall
writes
On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 23:58:03 +0100, "Doctor Evil"
wrote:

"Capitol" wrote in message

London doesn't even have one decent through route!!

The French built long tunnels under congested areas.

As have the Swedes. Through rock.

What happens when we build tunnels ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/b...ts/4639671.stm

--
geoff

raden

In message ws.net,
Doctor Evil writes

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 13:55:56 +0100, "Christian McArdle"
wrote:

The better solution is for the state not to be involved in the
*delivery* of services, but only to provide funding for services for
those unable to pay for themselves.

The problem is that this would be extremely expensive. The NHS, for all

its
faults, is exceptionally efficient in terms of care provided for the cost

the taxpayer.

Oh rubbish.

Totally correct!

I bet your mental illness would cost a small fortune if you weren't on
the NHS
--
geoff
raden

In message .net,
Doctor Evil writes

They are after all a public service. Or do you expect to pay the full
cost of any medical treatment?

It would be far more cost effective than letting the government
collect tax, add bureaucracy and deliver a third rate service.

Third rate?

The current NHS is nothing short
of appalling in terms of the quality
of service delivered. It's a national
disgrace from a bygone era.

Total and utter tripe!

Really ?

I came out of hospital 3 hours ago

NHS would be three months to get a first appointment with the consultant

Private - how about next tuesday?

MRI scan - NHS, no idea, private - next day

Operation, NHS 16 months,
Private "When do you want to come in?"
"A week on tuesday looks good"
"OK"
Arrived at hospital at 4pm
operation at 5:30
a couple of hours for the GA to wear off
watched a bit of TV, had something to eat
got picked up, came home

Job done

--
geoff
raden

In message , Andy Hall
writes
On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 17:06:10 +0100, "Doctor Evil"
wrote:

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t.net...

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

... I don't think that the state
should be in the delivery business.

I don't think it should be in the business of eduction.

Maybe you are right as you can't spell "education". Private education is to
make money for the owners - nothing else. Anyone you thinks otherwise is
naive.

Did you actually have any education at all? Clearly you have no
personal knowledge of private education.

He certainly seems to have left secondary modern with a chip on his
shoulder

--
geoff
raden

In message , T i m
writes
On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 01:52:53 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

T i m wrote:

It's just possible that 1) I'm willing to admit what I do / don't do
and 2) don't 'conform' to the more common stereotypical pub going
football / rugby / cricket / golf / fishing / cinema / theater
restaurant / book reading fan?

Kind of reminds me of a scene from one of the carry on films,

snip chuckle ;-)

(having said that, I don't do many from the above list either)

I wonder if there are links between your 'position' in the
psychometric profile thingy and your interest (or lack of) in
particular subjects?

I was talking to another engineer / tekky neighbour yesterday and I
mentioned I didn't follow football and he said "nor do I .. I hate it"
.. ? (I don't hate it I just hate some of the people it attacts). I
can think of at least 3 other engineering types that have no interest
in football either?

I would put it slightly differently

I don't mind watching the odd important game, but...

Having it shoved in my face on multiple channels, taking advertised
programs which I want to see off the air and replacing it with football
really gets on my tits.

As does the fact that the tribal violence which often goes along with
football is tolerated, because it's football. If it was anything else,
it would be outlawed straight away

Same with the Olympics .. I think many folk proport to 'follow it'
because it's the trendy thing to do rather than because they are
*really* interested in it. I had the F1 on at the weekend (I wasn't
really watching it) and was more interested in the fact it was at
Silverstone as we were there a while ago for a round of the Touring
Cars Champs. My Brother in Law was there on the day (Company 'box')
and I actually made a point of trying to remembering the name of the
winner so that I could talk to my BIL about it (Montoyia was it....?).

So, I wonder how many folk do similar *mainly* just to stay 'in' with
their mates .. to be able to keep up / join in down the pub. If I was
in a group that started talking about books / films (apart from
science fiction g) sport etc I would sit out?

I've always had the idea of opening a pub where there's an emphasis on
more intellectual pursuits - chess boards, a reading area, live acoustic
music, quality beers etc.

Of course, it would prolly be dead in the water

--
geoff
raden

In message .net,
Doctor Evil writes

I was talking to another engineer / tekky neighbour yesterday and I
mentioned I didn't follow football and he said "nor do I .. I hate it"
.. ? (I don't hate it I just hate some of the people it attacts). I
can think of at least 3 other engineering types that have no interest
in football either?

I have found that those who played football at school and then detest it
later in life were either, just no good at it, or do the opposite for the
sake of it (all the others like it so I will not).

I presume you were always left back

.... in the changing room

They tend to be sad
*******s,

So that's where your problems started

I have found that nearly all people I have met who have no interest in sport
whatsoever are odd in some way. Man's natural desire for competition is not
there.

Following football has less to do with competition than base tribal
instincts

Professional football has got totally out of hand. It's not so much a
sport as a tax on the terminally stupid

--
geoff

raden

In message , T i m
writes
You are sad.

And you have built a kit car, or designed, built and raced an electric
vehicle maybe?

I presume that his first endeavours with a hacksaw would have put paid
to any interest in that direction

I bet you are one of those that wanted competitive sports
banned from schools.

I think dIMM's problem here comes from an ability to differentiate
between participating in sport and spectator sport

IMO, I enjoy the former and detest the latter

Did you start smoking at school because all your mates did by the way?

No, presumably because the other kids set fire to him

(just off out to get an MOT on my motorbike)

Got mine a couple of weeks ago naa naa na naa na

--
geoff
raden

In message ws.net,
Doctor Evil writes
Indeed. Does that mean that anyone
who doesn't find it interesting is
wrong?

A man who has no interest whatsoever in sport, not necessarily football, I
find odd. I find workaholics, who are only interested in work, nothing
else, odd too. These people are usually unbalanced in some degree. Loners,
unsociable, strange, etc.

Adjectives which most here would apply to you

BTW, the first sport I competed in properly, with referee, proper kit and
equipment was a boxing match at the age of 8.

And soon moved on to safer sports I bet, after you got knocked senseless
in the first round of the first bout ... such as watching others playing
football

--
geoff
raden

In message ws.net,
Doctor Evil writes

Doctor Evil wrote:
BTW, the first sport I competed in properly, with referee, proper
kit and equipment was a boxing match at the age of 8.

Ah. That explains it all.

Yep. I take no crap.

Sounds like you had the crap beaten out of you.

It didn't sound lime that at all. You just made that up. Good little
boxer: biff, baff, biff, baff.

OK when my knee's recovered, we'll have a bout

your marquis of queensbury against my Silat

--
geoff
raden

In message ws.net,
Doctor Evil writes

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Doctor Evil wrote:

Yep. I take no crap.

Well, keep speaking it at this rate and you are going to run out.

I will never run out of taking no crap.

OK, when are you going to start

--
geoff
T i m

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 01:21:59 GMT, raden wrote:

And you have built a kit car, or designed, built and raced an electric
vehicle maybe?

I presume that his first endeavours with a hacksaw would have put paid
to any interest in that direction

Well, we can only guess in this particular case but judging from his
typical response to common sense / practical observation I expect the
only tool in his toolbox is a hammer (if it's broken hit it and if
it's not broken hit it anyway) ;-)

I bet you are one of those that wanted competitive sports
banned from schools.

I think dIMM's problem here comes from an ability to differentiate
between participating in sport and spectator sport

IMO, I enjoy the former and detest the latter

And thinking the only good sports are team sports .. maybe he boxes
with a gang (security in numbers) ? Joking aside I suspect there are
many reasons why someone (in particular) might start boxing at 8 years
old:

1) You are little, get picked on so have to learn to fight early.
2) Are a bully and sent to boxing to 'learn how to control your
anger'.
3) You are generally disliked so have to learn to fight early.
4) Can't do anything more creative so have to hit things.
5) Get frustrated because you never get picked for the team so have to
hit things.
6) It was noticed they had 'no character' and it was hoped that boxing
would build some?

Now this could all be very unfair smack wrist for all I know (you
guys may know better) he may be a very nice, well balanced and
reasonable individual that has made the best of the hand he was dealt
...?

Did you start smoking at school because all your mates did by the way?

No, presumably because the other kids set fire to him

Oooh, that could that have been point 7) ;-)

(just off out to get an MOT on my motorbike)

Got mine a couple of weeks ago naa naa na naa na

Ah, but then mine would be fresher than yours ;-)

It passed ok but I still want to change the front disk because it's
*well* below the minimim marked thickness. Now I know manufacturers
are often over cautious re these values but this *is* quite worn ;-(

The other thing I was reminded of yesterday is that being in shorts
and T shirt in an old (non aircon) car is more comfortable in this
heat than being on two wheels in full biking gear! ;-(

All the best ..

T i m

John Rumm

raden wrote:

In message ws.net,
Doctor Evil writes

It didn't sound lime that at all. You just made that up. Good little
boxer: biff, baff, biff, baff.

OK when my knee's recovered, we'll have a bout

your marquis of queensbury against my Silat

Now that is a sporting fixture I would pay to see ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Doctor Evil

"raden" wrote in message
In message ws.net,
Doctor Evil writes

.. .
wrote:

The better solution is for the state not to be involved in the
*delivery* of services, but only to provide funding for services for
those unable to pay for themselves.

The problem is that this would be extremely expensive. The NHS, for

all
its
faults, is exceptionally efficient in terms of care provided for the

cost
the taxpayer.

Oh rubbish.

Totally correct!

I bet your mental illness would cost a small fortune if you weren't on
the NHS

Maxie, the alcohol from your binge hasn't worn off yet. Wait a few more
days before thinking.

Doctor Evil

"raden" wrote in message
In message .net,
Doctor Evil writes

They are after all a public service. Or do you expect to pay the

full
cost of any medical treatment?

It would be far more cost effective than letting the government
collect tax, add bureaucracy and deliver a third rate service.

Third rate?

The current NHS is nothing short
of appalling in terms of the quality
of service delivered. It's a national
disgrace from a bygone era.

Total and utter tripe!

Really ?

I came out of hospital 3 hours ago

NHS would be three months to get a first appointment with the consultant

Maxie, I heard these drying out clinics are superb.

Doctor Evil

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

... I don't think that the state
should be in the delivery business.

I don't think it should be in the business of eduction.

Maybe you are right as you can't spell "education". Private education

is to
make money for the owners - nothing else. Anyone you thinks otherwise

is
naive.

Did you actually have any education at all? Clearly you have no
personal knowledge of private education.

He certainly seems to have left
secondary modern with a chip on his
shoulder

Maxie, you should have gone to one. It would have sorted you out. Better
than that highly rated school you went to, the highly approved one.

Doctor Evil

wrote:

T i m wrote:

[...]

Maxie, please diet, then the tits will subside.

As does the fact that the tribal violence which often goes along with
football is tolerated, because it's football. If it was anything else,
it would be outlawed straight away

Maxie, tribal violence in football went 25 years ago. Jewish American
families and bent Russians now come in to buy the footy teams.

[...]

Maxie!! You will really sink then. You will drink the profits in a drunken
stupor.

Of course, it would prolly be dead in the water

Maxie, with you in charge with alcohol around it would be.

Doctor Evil

"raden" wrote in message
In message .net,
Doctor Evil writes

I was talking to another engineer / tekky neighbour yesterday and I
mentioned I didn't follow football and he said "nor do I .. I hate it"
.. ? (I don't hate it I just hate some of the people it attacts). I
can think of at least 3 other engineering types that have no interest
in football either?

I have found that those who played football at school and then detest it
later in life were either, just no good at it, or do the opposite for the
sake of it (all the others like it so I will not).

I presume you were always left back

... in the changing room

Did you get that from Charlie Chester, Maxie?

Maxie, sad *******s are problems.

I have found that nearly all people I have met who have no interest in

sport
whatsoever are odd in some way. Man's natural desire for competition is

not
there.

Following football has less to do with competition than base tribal
instincts

Maxie, wrong again.

Professional football has got totally out of hand. It's not so much a
sport as a tax on the terminally stupid

Maxie, you are jealous of the money those fellows make. Market forces and
good on them. Maxie, you are a Becks wannabe, and it comes out in
bitterness. Sad but true.

Doctor Evil

"raden" wrote in message
In message , T i m
writes
You are sad.

And you have built a kit car, or designed, built and raced an electric
vehicle maybe?

I presume that his first endeavours with a hacksaw would have put paid
to any interest in that direction

I bet you are one of those that wanted competitive sports
banned from schools.

I think dIMM's problem here comes from an ability to differentiate
between participating in sport and spectator sport

Maxie, you have to get Dim Lin, the Oriental enchantress, right on this
point.

IMO, I enjoy the former and detest the latter

Maxie, do you do your swerves on the local common, wanting to be Becks?

Did you start smoking at school
because all your mates did by the way?

No, presumably because the other kids set fire to him

(just off out to get an MOT on my motorbike)

Got mine a couple of weeks ago naa naa na naa na

Maxie, it must be some sight. A fat man on a large bike with a flowing
polka dot frock on.

Doctor Evil

"raden" wrote in message
In message ws.net,
Doctor Evil writes
Indeed. Does that mean that anyone
who doesn't find it interesting is
wrong?

A man who has no interest whatsoever in sport, not necessarily football,

find odd. I find workaholics, who are only interested in work, nothing
else, odd too. These people are usually unbalanced in some degree.

Loners,
unsociable, strange, etc.

Adjectives which most here would apply to you

Maxie, you do fill most points there you know.

BTW, the first sport I competed in properly, with referee, proper kit and
equipment was a boxing match at the age of 8.

And soon moved on to safer sports
I bet, after you got knocked senseless
in the first round of the first bout

Defeated Maxie, by a kid 18 months older than me, but gave as good as I got.
I won the return bout. Biff, baff, biff, baff.

... such as watching others playing football

Maxie, you would have loved to watch me play football. Such an elegant
graceful player.

Doctor Evil

"raden" wrote in message
In message ws.net,
Doctor Evil writes

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Doctor Evil wrote:

Yep. I take no crap.

Well, keep speaking it at this rate and you are going to run out.

I will never run out of taking no crap.

OK, when are you going to start

Maxie, start what?

Mary Fisher

"T i m" wrote in message

The other thing I was reminded of yesterday is that being in shorts
and T shirt in an old (non aircon) car is more comfortable in this
heat than being on two wheels in full biking gear! ;-(

Spouse is going on two wheels in shorts and t-shirt. I insist that he wears
gloves, hands are precious.

Mary

All the best ..

T i m

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ws.net,
Doctor Evil wrote:
Maxie, I heard these drying out clinics are superb.

More secondhand 'experience'? But if as I suspect it's first hand, most
will have suffered brain damage before seeking treatment for alcohol
abuse. Which would explain a few things in your case.

--
*If you don't pay your exorcist you get repossessed.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
raden

In message ws.net,
Doctor Evil writes

"raden" wrote in message
In message ws.net,
Doctor Evil writes

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Doctor Evil wrote:

Yep. I take no crap.

Well, keep speaking it at this rate and you are going to run out.

I will never run out of taking no crap.

OK, when are you going to start

Maxie, start what?

Talking no crap

--
geoff
raden

In message ws.net,
Doctor Evil writes

Maybe you are right as you can't spell "education". Private education

is to
make money for the owners - nothing else. Anyone you thinks otherwise

is
naive.

Did you actually have any education at all? Clearly you have no
personal knowledge of private education.

He certainly seems to have left
secondary modern with a chip on his
shoulder

Maxie, you should have gone to one. It would have sorted you out. Better
than that highly rated school you went to, the highly approved one.

No, I went to a public school if you must know - where they at least
taught me the correct use of grammar and how to spell.

Which your sec. modern obviously didn't

--
geoff
raden

In message ws.net,
Doctor Evil writes
BTW, the first sport I competed in properly, with referee, proper kit and
equipment was a boxing match at the age of 8.

And soon moved on to safer sports
I bet, after you got knocked senseless
in the first round of the first bout

Defeated Maxie, by a kid 18 months older than me, but gave as good as I got.
I won the return bout. Biff, baff, biff, baff.

In other words, you got hammered

When I was 16, I got picked on by the head prefect. I beat him
unconscious, he was a good two years older than me.

... such as watching others playing football

Maxie, you would have loved to watch me play football. Such an elegant
graceful player.

I think you're confusing football with the cha cha cha

--
geoff
raden

In message , T i m
writes

(just off out to get an MOT on my motorbike)

Got mine a couple of weeks ago naa naa na naa na

Ah, but then mine would be fresher than yours ;-)

Ah, but I bet mine's more of an SOB than yours

It passed ok but I still want to change the front disk because it's
*well* below the minimim marked thickness. Now I know manufacturers
are often over cautious re these values but this *is* quite worn ;-(

The other thing I was reminded of yesterday is that being in shorts
and T shirt in an old (non aircon) car is more comfortable in this
heat than being on two wheels in full biking gear! ;-(

Tell me about it.

Yesterday, I had just put on my leathers when one of my employees asked
me a question before I went. I had to take it all off before I melted.

Too bloody hot without the forced air cooling

--
geoff

Doctor Evil

"raden" wrote in message
In message ws.net,
Doctor Evil writes
BTW, the first sport I competed in properly, with referee, proper kit

and
equipment was a boxing match at the age of 8.

And soon moved on to safer sports
I bet, after you got knocked senseless
in the first round of the first bout

Defeated Maxie, by a kid 18 months older than me, but gave as good as I

got.
I won the return bout. Biff, baff, biff, baff.

In other words, you got hammered

Close run Maxie. Next time he got the bifftas.

When I was 16, I got picked on by the head prefect. I beat him
unconscious, he was a good two years older than me.

Maxie, he must have been a wimp. Were you expelled?

... such as watching others playing football

Maxie, you would have loved to watch me play football. Such an elegant
graceful player.

I think you're confusing football with the cha cha cha

I do make football look like the cha cha cha, I am that good.

Doctor Evil

"raden" wrote in message
In message ws.net,
Doctor Evil writes

Maybe you are right as you can't spell "education". Private

education
is to
make money for the owners - nothing else. Anyone you thinks

otherwise
is
naive.

Did you actually have any education at all? Clearly you have no
personal knowledge of private education.

He certainly seems to have left
secondary modern with a chip on his
shoulder

Maxie, you should have gone to one. It would have sorted you out. Better
than that highly rated school you went to, the highly approved one.

No, I went to a public school if you must know

Yes, publicly approved.

- where they at least
taught me the correct use of
grammar and how to spell.

But no dress sense. Maxie, your handbags don't match your dress.

Which your sec. modern obviously didn't

Maxie, a Sec Moden you did need. That would have sorted you out.

Doctor Evil

"raden" wrote in message
In message ws.net,
Doctor Evil writes

"raden" wrote in message
In message ws.net,
Doctor Evil writes

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Doctor Evil wrote:

Yep. I take no crap.

Well, keep speaking it at this rate and you are going to run out.

I will never run out of taking no crap.

OK, when are you going to start

Maxie, start what?

Talking no crap

Maxie, it said "taking" not talking. It is clear you were never chastised as
a child.

raden

In message ws.net,
Doctor Evil writes
He certainly seems to have left
secondary modern with a chip on his
shoulder

Maxie, you should have gone to one. It would have sorted you out. Better
than that highly rated school you went to, the highly approved one.

No, I went to a public school if you must know

Yes, publicly approved.

No, a real one

- where they at least
taught me the correct use of
grammar and how to spell.

But no dress sense. Maxie, your handbags don't match your dress.

You do grasp at non existent straws, don't you

Which your sec. modern obviously didn't

Maxie, a Sec Moden you did need. That would have sorted you out.

I don't think so, i might have ended up as the sort of ****wit that you
ended up as

chip on shoulder and all

--
geoff
raden

In message ws.net,
Doctor Evil writes

"raden" wrote in message
In message ws.net,
Doctor Evil writes
BTW, the first sport I competed in properly, with referee, proper kit

and
equipment was a boxing match at the age of 8.

And soon moved on to safer sports
I bet, after you got knocked senseless
in the first round of the first bout

Defeated Maxie, by a kid 18 months older than me, but gave as good as I

got.
I won the return bout. Biff, baff, biff, baff.

In other words, you got hammered

Close run Maxie. Next time he got the bifftas.

Only in your warped imagination

When I was 16, I got picked on by the head prefect. I beat him
unconscious, he was a good two years older than me.

Maxie, he must have been a wimp.

No, he was the captain of the county rugby team

Were you expelled?