Stormin Mormon

Default London being bombed

Time to check your 72 hour kit, first aid, home storage, etc.

====================

http://www.forbes.com/infoimaging/fe...ap2127608.html

http://www.adnki.com/index_2Level.ph...749796& par=0

London, 7 July (AKI) - The apparently well-coordinated nature of
Thursday's bomb attacks in London are leading experts to believe
terrorists - possibly the al-Qaeda network - are responsible. "It is
not possible that there are so many explosions unless they are linked.
It is certainly a terrorist episode; if just one station had been hit,
then it could have something else, but not when six different stations
were hit" said Mustapha Ani, an anti-terrorism expert interviewed by
pan-Arab television network, Al-Arabiya.
The British capital was plunged into chaos towards 9am on Thursday
morning with a series of explosions - at least six - on the public
transport system. There are reports of scores of people injured and
two confirmed deaths.

The techniques involved point to Osama Bin Laden, Ani suggested.

"Irish terrorists [the Irisht Republican Army] have struck in the past
but they have never carried out simultaneous attacks of this nature"
he said.

"Al-Qaeda is in fact famous for having placed 10 bombs in Madrid and
four in Istanbul, and this placing of multiple bombs is its
trademark."

Christopher A. Young

Mormon wrote:

Time to check your 72 hour kit, first aid, home storage, etc.

With lots of expensive overtime for the police, and so on.
IMO, it's also time for the US to declare victory and leave
Iraq and Afghanistan, as we did in Vietnam.

Nick

Main Man

No doubt we'll here in due course that was caused by asylum seekers
'escaping persecution' & living on UK benefits, which UK Govnt would
refuse to deport to as host country has death penalty!

G Henslee

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Time to check your 72 hour kit, first aid, home storage, etc.

No problem. I have a Mormon neighbor that's been hoarding for years.
I'll just kick his ass and take his stuff.

--
Learn The Truth About The Mormon Cult
http://mormonconspiracy.com/cult.html
Norminn

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Time to check your 72 hour kit, first aid, home storage, etc.

We don't need terrorists - we have hurricanes. ) The Brits are
certainly well organized, according to the news reports. Got everyone
out in minimal time. How many suicide bombers can there be?

Doug Kanter

"Norminn" wrote in message

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Time to check your 72 hour kit, first aid, home storage, etc.

We don't need terrorists - we have hurricanes. ) The Brits are
certainly well organized, according to the news reports. Got everyone out
in minimal time. How many suicide bombers can there be?

The news said there was no indication that these were suicide bombers. They
were "technically" triggered, by timer or other means.

Marcus

More blood on Tony B Liar's hands for supporting the jackass Bush in his
Iraq escapade.

--
Marcus

What goes around comes around

Doug Kanter

Blair is becoming Bush. One of our local simpleton radio stations, they
prefaced every mention of the bombings with Blair's little tough boy
comment. I don't even recall what it was, but I'm sure you've heard it
before. Designed for idiots.

"Marcus" wrote in message
More blood on Tony B Liar's hands for supporting the jackass Bush in his
Iraq escapade.

--
Marcus

What goes around comes around

Rod Speed

Mormon wrote:

Time to check your 72 hour kit, first aid, home storage, etc.

Nope, just like it wasnt after Madrid either.

Stormin Mormon

Mormons can call down lightning bolts and fry your butt. At least the ones
in the novel could.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"G Henslee" wrote in message
Stormin Mormon wrote:
Time to check your 72 hour kit, first aid, home storage, etc.

No problem. I have a Mormon neighbor that's been hoarding for years.
I'll just kick his ass and take his stuff.

--
Learn The Truth About The Mormon Cult
http://mormonconspiracy.com/cult.html

Steve

"Doug Kanter" wrote:
With lots of expensive overtime for the police, and so on.
IMO, it's also time for the US to declare victory and leave
Iraq and Afghanistan, as we did in Vietnam.

So you were happy with the outcome in Vietnam after the US left?

Ahhh, we're gonna resurrect the domino theory?

Oh yeah....the theory that was disowned by the very people who concocted it.

Funny, I don't remember too many apologies from those people. Oh
well, it cost only a few million lives...

Steve

"Rod Speed" wrote:
And even someone as stupid as you should have noticed
that 9/11 wasnt a result of Iraq and Afghanistan anyway.

Something GWB has apparently not noticed.
Steve

"Rod Speed" wrote:
With lots of expensive overtime for the police, and so on.
IMO, it's also time for the US to declare victory and leave
Iraq and Afghanistan, as we did in Vietnam.

Just think of the savings if the US simply declared victory instead of
engaging in these wars.

Pity about the cost of 9/11, stupid.

You planning on posting anything relevant anytime soon, or are you
gonna stick with this nonsense?

PaPaPeng

On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 22:04:10 GMT, "Gonzo"
wrote:

Well be sure to stick our asses in the air and wait for the next attack so
we can get your permission to go after the source next time.

The US was free from problems with Muslims since its founding until
9-11. A scan of the National Geographic back issues should give a
good idea good prevailing relationships that had existed through time.
So what were the events that led to 9-11 that spawned the current
mess? Physically 9-11 did appear out of thin air. But there was a
lot happening prior to that would cause a bunch of technologically
naive Arabs to learn enough to fly a plane and crash them with deadly
effect. You cannot defeat a billion of angry muslims to prevent
another attack. So you must work out a political solution and neither
going to war or building space age defences is going to do it.
Rod Speed

Steve wrote
just the puerile **** thats always pouring from the back of it.

Rod Speed

PaPaPeng wrote

The US was free from problems with Muslims since its founding until 9-11.

Wrong. There were previous attempts to blow up the WTC which failed.

AND you've obviously forgotten what the US
native moslems got up to before either too.

A scan of the National Geographic back issues should give a good
idea good prevailing relationships that had existed through time.

Clearly didnt help you on those basics.

Might not be a relevant mag on stuff like that, stupid.

So what were the events that led to 9-11 that spawned the current mess?

Oh, just a few small details like the Gulf War etc.

Physically 9-11 did appear out of thin air.

Must be one of those rocket scientist fellas.

But there was a lot happening prior to that would cause a bunch of
technologically naive Arabs to learn enough to fly a plane and crash
them with deadly effect. You cannot defeat a billion of angry muslims
to prevent another attack. So you must work out a political solution and
neither going to war or building space age defences is going to do it.

Must be one of those rocket scientist fellas.

Dr. Hardcrab

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Time to check your 72 hour kit, first aid, home storage, etc.

London calling to the faraway towns
Now that war is declared-and battle come down
London calling to the underworld
Come out of the cupboard, all you boys and girls
London calling, now don't look at us
All that phoney Beatlemania has bitten the dust
London calling, see we ain't got no swing
'Cept for the ring of that truncheon thing

[Chorus]
The ice age is coming, the sun is zooming in
Engines stop running and the wheat is growing thin
A nuclear error, but I have no fear
London is drowning-and I live by the river

London calling to the imitation zone
Forget it, brother, an' go it alone
London calling upon the zombies of death
Quit holding out-and draw another breath
London calling-and I don't wanna shout
But when we were talking-I saw you nodding out
London calling, see we ain't got no highs
Except for that one with the yellowy eyes

[Chorus]

Now get this
London calling, yeah, I was there, too
An' you know what they said? Well, some of it was true!
London calling at the top of the dial
After all this, won't you give me a smile?

I never felt so much a' like

Serendipity

Steve wrote:

"Rod Speed" wrote:

With lots of expensive overtime for the police, and so on.
IMO, it's also time for the US to declare victory and leave
Iraq and Afghanistan, as we did in Vietnam.

Just think of the savings if the US simply declared victory instead of
engaging in these wars.

Pity about the cost of 9/11, stupid.

You planning on posting anything relevant anytime soon, or are you
gonna stick with this nonsense?

Speedo never posts anything relevant but just watch his bot come out
with this reply. He must be running out of welfare funds and he has
almost a whole month to go. The sad thing about Roddy is his family
tree doesn't branch
G Henslee

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Mormons can call down lightning bolts and fry your butt. At least the ones
in the novel could.

Call down? Only thing they call for is another 10%.

--
Learn The Truth About The Mormon Tithe aka Coercian
http://www.mrm.org/multimedia/text/tithing.html
HeyBub

wrote:

Well be sure to stick our asses in the air and wait for the next
attack so we can get your permission to go after the source next
time.

The US was free from problems with Muslims since its founding until
9-11.

And where do you think the refrain "...to the shores of Tripoli..." comes
from? We were at war with Muslims withing the first 25 years of our
existence.

A scan of the National Geographic back issues should give a
good idea good prevailing relationships that had existed through time.
So what were the events that led to 9-11 that spawned the current
mess? Physically 9-11 did appear out of thin air. But there was a
lot happening prior to that would cause a bunch of technologically
naive Arabs to learn enough to fly a plane and crash them with deadly
effect.

You cannot defeat a billion of angry muslims to prevent
another attack.

Oh yes we can.

So you must work out a political solution and neither
going to war or building space age defences is going to do it.

Oh yes it will.

Buck Turgidson

Imagine the 300 billion (probably end up close to 600 billion) used for
alternative energy research instead of spending it on the war,
Halliburton, etc. Had we spent the money there, we wouldn't need these
sultans, emirs, ayatollahs, etc.

Ford Prefect

Buck Turgidson wrote:

Imagine the 300 billion (probably end up close to 600 billion) used for
alternative energy research instead of spending it on the war,
Halliburton, etc. Had we spent the money there, we wouldn't need these
sultans, emirs, ayatollahs, etc.

The problem is that much of the alternative energy options are easy for
the individual to use, but difficult for the mega corps to control
distribution. There is no money in it for them if you or I can produce
our own power, heat & fuel.
Doug Kanter

"Buck Turgidson" wrote in message
Imagine the 300 billion (probably end up close to 600 billion) used for
alternative energy research instead of spending it on the war,
Halliburton, etc. Had we spent the money there, we wouldn't need these
sultans, emirs, ayatollahs, etc.

Perhaps, but Curious George seems to like kissing those guys when they visit
his "ranch".

Duane Bozarth

Ford Prefect wrote:

Buck Turgidson wrote:

Imagine the 300 billion (probably end up close to 600 billion) used for
alternative energy research instead of spending it on the war,
Halliburton, etc. Had we spent the money there, we wouldn't need these
sultans, emirs, ayatollahs, etc.

The problem is that much of the alternative energy options are easy for
the individual to use, but difficult for the mega corps to control
distribution. There is no money in it for them if you or I can produce
our own power, heat & fuel.

Which one is that is so easy (and, btw, economically feasible) as a
replacement (as opposed to an adjunct or reduction in conventional)?
Doug Kanter

"Ford Prefect" wrote in message
.. .

Buck Turgidson wrote:

Imagine the 300 billion (probably end up close to 600 billion) used for
alternative energy research instead of spending it on the war,
Halliburton, etc. Had we spent the money there, we wouldn't need these
sultans, emirs, ayatollahs, etc.

The problem is that much of the alternative energy options are easy for
the individual to use, but difficult for the mega corps to control
distribution. There is no money in it for them if you or I can produce our
own power, heat & fuel.

Maybe, but try as I might, I have not been able to design, build and install
any sort of thing on my roof that'll provide all my hot water & heat, and
maybe some of my electricity. (I'd settle for the first two). So, I'm
probably gonna have to buy something. It'll be expensive, and I'll probably
only buy it once, or maybe twice if it wears out.

Hey....this sounds like the same purchasing cycle as the roof on a house.
Why can't corporations make money on this?

Jim Yanik

"Doug Kanter" wrote in
:

"Gonzo" wrote in message
. ..
"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Mormon wrote:

Time to check your 72 hour kit, first aid, home storage, etc.

With lots of expensive overtime for the police, and so on.
IMO, it's also time for the US to declare victory and
leave Iraq and Afghanistan, as we did in Vietnam.

More fool you.

And even someone as stupid as you should have noticed
that 9/11 wasnt a result of Iraq and Afghanistan anyway.

God I just love 20/20 hindsight heros.

Well be sure to stick our asses in the air and wait for the next
attack so we can get your permission to go after the source next
time.

Would that work for you?

What are you, a liberal, a raghead or just a eurotrash pacifist tree
huger?

Sorry to wake you up, but the hijackers were Saudis, and they did
their job on a budget that is almost embarrassing.

Saudis. Those are people from Saudi Arabia. It doesn't matter if
Saddam might've given one or two of them a place to sleep for a couple
of nights, or handed them a slip of paper containing the name of a guy
who could give them guns. They were Saudis.

Wanna blame someone? Blame any of the last 3 presidents who have
entertained these Saudi pigs, and even hugged & kissed them. And,
remember that every time you fill up your gas tank, about a dollar
goes to the Saud family.

I believe most of the US-imported oil currently comes from Canada and
Venezuela.And Mexico.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Buck Turgidson

The problem is that much of the alternative energy options are easy

for
the individual to use, but difficult for the mega corps to control
distribution. There is no money in it for them if you or I can produce
our own power, heat & fuel.

That's why they won't invest 600 billion. But if the guvmit does it
(assuming it's leaders aren't from Texas and ex-Halliburton CEOs), then
maybe it will bear fruit.

Just as stem cell research ain't illegal, it just ain't going anywhere
without fed funds. But young George learned in Sunday School that it is
wrong, so we have to listen to him.

Buck Turgidson

Now if the money was put into -building- nuclear power plants,then it
might
be worthwhile,although the Islamics would STILL be attacking us,as we

of
the West stand in the way of them spreading their religion,and are an
excuse for them not achieving their "greatness" under Islamic rule.

Bin Laden's bug up his ass stems from our bases in Saudi Arabia during
the 1st Gulf War. We were there because of Kuwait, and we loved Kuwait
not because of the Kuwaiti people, wonderfully pleasant folks that they
are.

Without our oil money, they'd be living in tents and pulling sand out of
their ass.

JoshIII

"Buck Turgidson" wrote in message
That's why they won't invest 600 billion. But if the guvmit does it
(assuming it's leaders aren't from Texas and ex-Halliburton CEOs), then
maybe it will bear fruit.

Just as stem cell research ain't illegal, it just ain't going anywhere
without fed funds. But young George learned in Sunday School that it is
wrong, so we have to listen to him.

Buck Turgidson wasn't a pinko commy liberal either!

Dr. StrangeLove was a good movie! Why they made it B/W I don't know.

JoshIII
upstate south carolina

max

In article ,
Ford Prefect wrote:

The problem is that much of the alternative energy options are easy for
the individual to use, but difficult for the mega corps to control
distribution. There is no money in it for them if you or I can produce
our own power, heat & fuel.

The problem is most of our petroleum imports go to motor fuel and,
Americans simply refuse (other than a tithe of weirdos "Liberals" and
other assorted Unamerican dweebs) to make any of the necessary
behavioral, purchasing or use pattern changes necessary to reduce our
fuel consumption.

A brief look US DOE, DOT and EIA (energy information administration)
yields the _inescapable_ conclusion that we could, with ease, without
meaningfully impeding anyone's lifestyle or American Freedom, virtually
eliminate the need for virtually all of our _automobile_ related oil
imports literally by monday (today is friday, for the archive readers).
By Monday.

If we got serious about downscaling the gas guzzlers (and that includes
more than just SUVs!), we could drop consumption by anothe 25%+. Real
Speed-limit enforcement 5~9%.

Promoting bicycling, (cycle commuting, kids to school, and local
errands), and getting _serious_ about making the roads -- not just side
streets and neighborhood streets -- safe for cyclists -- anywhere from
30~80% reduction in household gasoline use.

Stop building to promote urban sprawl -- hard to approximate, a very
long time constant, but ultimately v. significant.

Bottom line: it not the government, it's the American citizenry who is
to blame, by its economic behavior in the showroom and the road, and by
the government whose actions it continues to support at election time.

..max
it's all "our" fault.
But not mine!

There's obviously a host of home-related improvements (insulation,
energy efficient appliances, solar-voltaic some day, etc) but it's hard
to associate these directly with petroleum use (except wrt home heating
oil which competes with gasoline for process time and feedstock at
refineries).