Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Andy Hall wrote:
And what's wrong FFS with a mother with young children - who will by
nature be young herself - walking 1/2 a mile? Did your mother have a
car? And her mother's mother? If not, how on earth did they get by?

They had good local shops with proper service and were able to to walk
to them every day or couple of days. Most shops delivered.

As do all the supermarkets.

Nowadays people want to buy on price, live with a faster pace of life
where time is critical.

I'd hope a mother with small children would still have some time for them.
And taking them out for a walk or in a pushchair surely is still a
pleasant occupation?

If society existed, then one could say that it's a societal issue.

Could be.

--
*Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.