T i m

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 16:49:07 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" Shamelessly babbled tripe in
message ...
In article ,
T i m wrote:
I have a Mk 2, new in 04.

And what did you drive before that btw .. or did they run you about in
the 'short bus'?

There's no way he could afford a new Prius

It is worth less than my DB6.

That's true .. worth less than my Rover too ..

I bet you wish you could have one,

Wising to the pixes again are we? "Ooo pixes, put more magic energy in
my batteries"

instead of
buying 15 year old V8 crap because it is so cheap no one wants it. Sad.

13 year old straight 4 that I could sell today for more than I paid
for it.

"For Sale, 2004 Mk2 Toyota Prius, one stupid owner" (comes complete
with window dribble)

T i m
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
dennis@home wrote:
(The CAT on my car works so well you can't measure the pollutants at an
MOT test station.)

But they don't measure CO2 which is the major greenhouse gas. And burning
any fossil fuel produces this.

--
*Ah, I see the f**k-up fairy has visited us again

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
T i m

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 18:42:30 +0100, Andy Hall
wrote:

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 12:33:44 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
. ..

I bet the Toyota dealer took all his staff go-carting when they got
rid of the (soon to be obsolete) MK1 Prius on you .. ;-)

I have a Mk 2, new in 04. The best car in the world.

What's the registration number?

Probably got a personilised plate Andy .. least something around the
car would have a personality ..

T i m

T i m

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 18:45:21 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Unlike most vehicles on the road today, which have either 4 speeds and
an automatic transmission or 5 speeds and a manual transmission, the
Prius only has 1 speed.

More Drivel. Where do you get this rubbish from?

5 speed autos have been common since the early 90s. Then 6 speed. Now
seven and even eight.

As are 6 speed manuals.

Was this written by an idiot friend of yours?

No, he writes it all himself?

T i m

Doctor Drivel

"dennis@home" wrote in message
. uk...

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
eenews.net...

"dennis@home" wrote in message
. uk...

"Doctor Evil" wrote in message
eenews.net...

You take the pollution away from the cities where it does most harm.

Get
it? Nah, you don't.

So you waste 50% of the energy

What 50% wastage is this?

Virtually all these zero emmission
projects waste loads of energy.
Like hydrogen powered cars.. sure
they emit only water... the other 75% of
their emmisions go up the powerstation
chimmnies. This may reduce pollution
in cities but it increases carbon emmisions (and
global warming risk).

Spare nighttime capacity may be used for charging, for zero emissions.

and increase global warming

It will not increase because of this mythical 50%.

Why have you commanded it to stop?
YAKCAICMFP

GHYDEVFFGDER Hybrids is the topic, but all vehicles going over to zero
emissions would not increase emissions over the millions of vehicles pumping
out crap.

just to say you
have zero pollution in the cities.
Sounds like a winner to me.

Is to me as well.

I guess using a car with a CAT
to remove virtually all the pollution just
doesn't count.

You jest of course. A CAT removes only a part of the pollution. It just
improves matters a bit.

A CAT removes 99% of harmful pollutants.

Look again.

Why would the Prius have
one if they didn't work?

They don't magically makes cars clean.

(The CAT on my car works so well
you can't measure the pollutants at an MOT
test station.)

In your dreams.

You are not very good at this are you?

You are not very good at this are you?

Doctor Drivel

"dennis@home" wrote in message
. uk...

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
eenews.net...

"dennis@home" wrote in message
. uk...

"Doctor Evil" wrote in message
eenews.net...

You are confused. The Prius does the same job as similar cars, yet

is
"simpler", consumes "far" less fuel, is quieter, and emits "far" less
pollutants, especially in areas where the need to kept down as in

cities.

It does the same mpg as my car.

Does yours do 65mpg and emits ultra low emissions? Prey tell.

It meets Euro 4 the same as the Prius.
It costs £10000 too.

But pollutes in cities. An if diesels emits soot.

Doctor Drivel

"dennis@home" wrote in message
. uk...

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
eenews.net...

"dennis@home" wrote in message
. uk...

"Doctor Evil" wrote in message
eenews.net...

Reclaiming near 100% of brake energy is a great advantage. Charging
systems
can made far superior to what is available. They will not stay the

same.

Regenerative braking only works
if you can spin the motor fast enough.
This implies it will only work when
breaking from fairly high speeds.

On the existing battery technology, what you say has truth. On the
Toshiba
battery the lot is stored.

It has nothing to do with the battery..

It is.

its electromagnitism and mechanics
at work.

The current batteries acn't absorb all the charge created.

I doubt if you get much energy back if
you are in a London traffic jam at
5mph.

You doubt? Well that mean you don't know,
and are making some of this up.

And you don't!!!!!

He thinks he doesn't make things up.

Doctor Drivel

"dennis@home" wrote in message
. uk...

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
eenews.net...

Just for you again "AutoExpress got
an everage of 65mpg in central London
in a Prius".

Just for you.. its meaningless.

Don't be silly.

I take it you only drive in central London
so that you can achieve what
AutoExpress stated.

I drive mixed and in central London

Doctor Drivel

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 11:09:27 GMT, T i m wrote:

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 11:46:14 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

And this power is generated how?

Gas in the home.

Go to:
http://www.whispergen.co.uk
http://www.gledhill.net/water-storage/ws-index.htm
Go to innovations on the menu and select mCHP

Isn't this in contrast to your main goal of taking pollution away from
the city? Take away the remote power station and burn oil / gas in
1,000,000 homes in the city instead?

Boy are dumb. Natural gas in boilers is super clean compared to the IC
engine.

You spotted the inconsistency too?

Another one dumb too.

OTOH, he espouses the distributed microgeneration of electricity.
OTOH, he thinks that centralised generation of energy for transport is
a good idea.

He does? Look again.

I don't really believe that he
actually has one of these Toyota
Priapisms. More likely he's using
Autocar as a wank mag or something.

Wrong again. Autocars is third rate magi that said the Prius did 21mpg.
Yes, that is what they said. The lunatic then believed them.

As long as it's something different
to the status quo anf Ken says
it's OK, then it's OK for Dr Drivel

If Ken says its fine then it's OK with me

Doctor Drivel

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote garbage in message
In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:

Unlike most vehicles on the road today,
which have either 4 speeds and
an automatic transmission or 5 speeds
and a manual transmission, the
Prius only has 1 speed.

More Drivel. Where do you get this rubbish from?

5 speed autos

He can't even understand some thing as simple as that.

Doctor Drivel

"Andy Hall" wrote in a silly way in message
On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 12:33:44 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
.. .

I bet the Toyota dealer took all his staff go-carting when they got
rid of the (soon to be obsolete) MK1 Prius on you .. ;-)

I have a Mk 2, new in 04. The best car in the world.

What's the registration number?

Why? Are you a terrorist?

Doctor Drivel

"T i m" wrote in message
On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 17:52:51 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 00:43:53 +0100, "Doctor Evil"
wrote:

Did I read right the batteries are only good for 4-5 miles?

Yep. A Californian company puts Lith Ion batteries in which is good

for
60
mile and 135mpg.

I'm not sure where the link between the batteries and mpg comes from
unless you are adjusting the driving pattern (range) accordingly.

In a straight EV the 'cost' per mile

There you are, get rid of crock of an EV and wait 5 years and you can get

an
EV at the showrooms.

I had one 20 years ago and it's still going .

Yes like you use it every day. It is a toy. An outdated one.

snip drivel

Doctor Drivel

T i m wrote:
I have a Mk 2, new in 04.

And what did you drive before that btw .. or did they run you about

in
the 'short bus'?

There's no way he could afford a new Prius

It is worth less than my DB6.

That's true .. worth less than my Rover too ..

NO Rover is worth anything at all.

13 year old straight 4 that I could sell today for more than I paid
for it.

A Rover? It is clear you are mad.

Doctor Drivel

wrote:

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 12:33:44 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
. ..

I bet the Toyota dealer took all his staff go-carting when they got
rid of the (soon to be obsolete) MK1 Prius on you .. ;-)

I have a Mk 2, new in 04. The best car in the world.

What's the registration number?

Probably got a personilised plate Andy .. least something around the
car would have a personality ..

Maybe I should have a Rover. What image. BTW, at the Hollywood Oscars many
stars turned up in the a Prius. They rave over them. Dustin Hoffman was
first with the Lexus hybrid. People flock all around me, all the time, then
I point to my car and cream.

Yes, he has a "Rover"...and he thinks it is wroth something.

raden

In message , T i m
writes

wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message

I bet the Toyota dealer took all his staff go-carting when they got
rid of the (soon to be obsolete) MK1 Prius on you .. ;-)

I have a Mk 2, new in 04. The best car in the world.

What's the registration number?

Probably got a personilised plate Andy .. least something around the
car would have a personality ..

Well, I had given up on this thread but I couldn't resist

"DIMM 1" what else

--
geoff

Doctor Drivel

"T i m" wrote in message
On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 18:45:21 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Unlike most vehicles on the road today, which have either 4 speeds and
an automatic transmission or 5 speeds and a manual transmission, the
Prius only has 1 speed.

More Drivel. Where do you get this rubbish from?

5 speed autos have been common since the early 90s. Then 6 speed. Now
seven and even eight.

As are 6 speed manuals.

Was this written by an idiot friend of yours?

No, he writes it all himself?

Another one....and he has a Rover too. Two goons with Rovers. Sad isn't
it.

Doctor Drivel

"raden" wrote in message
In message , T i m
writes

wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message

I bet the Toyota dealer took all his staff go-carting when they got
rid of the (soon to be obsolete) MK1 Prius on you .. ;-)

I have a Mk 2, new in 04. The best car in the world.

What's the registration number?

Probably got a personilised plate Andy .. least something around the
car would have a personality ..

Well, I had given up on this thread but I couldn't resist

"DIMM 1" what else

Maxie!!! I have taken Dim Lin, the Oriental enchantresses plate. I saw
your motorbike, it had FROCK 1 on the reg.

T i m

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 20:28:56 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

There you are, get rid of crock of an EV and wait 5 years and you can get

an
EV at the showrooms.

I had one 20 years ago and it's still going .

Yes like you use it every day.

I used it (nearly) every day for 3 years till my circumstances
changed. If I fit new a new battery to it it would continue like I
last used it yesterday.

It is a toy.

It is not a serious replacement to our main vehicles that's for sure
(and was never supposed to be) but unlike your Prius it NEVER creates
pollution in the City. Oh, and it's a soft top and fun ... two more
things the Prius isn't.

An outdated one.

20 years old and outdated, a bit like the Space shuttle then? *Like*
the shuttle it does as much now as it did when it was designed and
could be adapted to do better if required. A bit like taking those
Tesco batteries out of your Primus and fitting the real ones they use
in California?

snip drivel

I wish you would.

T i m

dennis@home

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
eenews.net...

The current batteries acn't absorb all the charge created.

Almost correct.
But the current cars (like the Prius) can't generate all the energy from
braking.
They wouldn't need disk brakes if they could.

Capitol

T i m wrote:

I have a Mk 2, new in 04.

And what did you drive before that btw .. or did they run you about in
the 'short bus'?

There's no way he could afford a new Prius

It is worth less than my DB6.

That's true .. worth less than my Rover too ..

I bet you wish you could have one,

Wising to the pixes again are we? "Ooo pixes, put more magic energy in
my batteries"

instead of

buying 15 year old V8 crap because it is so cheap no one wants it. Sad.

13 year old straight 4 that I could sell today for more than I paid
for it.

"For Sale, 2004 Mk2 Toyota Prius, one stupid owner" (comes complete
with window dribble)

And, it only costs twice as much as equivalent small cars in
depreciation and insurance--group 8 compared to group 4. Interesting to
see the fleet rental rates for the new CVT Prius are now exceeding those
of many X type Jags! Poor residuals seem to be indicated. Presumably,
they had to go to CVT as the old gearbox had problems we weren't told
about! Like my friends Lexus which jumped off the road intermittently,
and was repurchased by Toyota IIUC. I wonder what the chances are of
getting hold of a new gearbox in six years time?

Regards
Capitol

T i m

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 20:30:32 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

13 year old straight 4 that I could sell today for more than I paid
for it.

A Rover? It is clear you are mad.

No, it's clear that I'm practical, not a car snob and am happpy with
anything that does 50 mpg, carries 5 people or 2 peaople and LOADS of
gear and is cheap / simple to maintain period.

Doctor Drivel

"dennis@home" wrote in message
. uk...

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
eenews.net...

The current batteries can't absorb all the charge created.

Almost correct.

Totally correct.

But the current cars (like the Prius)
can't generate all the energy from
braking.
They wouldn't need disk brakes if they could.

Discs are the second stage.

Doctor Drivel

wrote:

There you are, get rid of crock of an EV and wait 5 years and you can

get
an
EV at the showrooms.

I had one 20 years ago and it's still going .

Yes like you use it every day.

I used it (nearly) every day for 3 years till my circumstances
changed. If I fit new a new battery to it it would continue like I
last used it yesterday.

It is a toy.

It is not a serious replacement to our main vehicles that's for sure
(and was never supposed to be) but unlike your Prius it NEVER creates
pollution in the City.

But its not a proper car. You can only go around the block

A bit like taking those
Tesco batteries out of your Primus

You are envious aren't you? and you are a snide too. I bet you would be
first to take my cast off, 8 year guaranteed batteries off me.

T i m

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 20:33:25 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

Probably got a personilised plate Andy .. least something around the
car would have a personality ..

Maybe I should have a Rover. What image. BTW, at the Hollywood Oscars many
stars turned up in the a Prius. They rave over them. Dustin Hoffman was
first with the Lexus hybrid. People flock all around me, all the time, then
I point to my car and cream.

Yes, he has a "Rover"...and he thinks it is wroth something.

You see, the difference between us is you will probably get people
pointing at you even if you weren't in your Starmobile. Stars also
turn up in Rollers and Hummers?

People with confidence / character, strength of their own direction
(something they *hoped* you were going to learn when they sent you to
bif baf sessions) don't need to show it through their cars.

T i m

T i m

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 20:58:24 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

It is not a serious replacement to our main vehicles that's for sure
(and was never supposed to be) but unlike your Prius it NEVER creates
pollution in the City.

But its not a proper car. You can only go around the block

Yes, it's a very basic design, 20 year old city car.

A bit like taking those
Tesco batteries out of your Primus

You are envious aren't you? and you are a snide too. I bet you would be
first to take my cast off, 8 year guaranteed batteries off me.

And why would I do that .. if they can only push your thing 5 miles
why would I want such a drop in range?

And *you* won't have yer Prius in 8 miles .. I might buy them from the
breakers for a electric buggy for the kids ..

T i m

Andy Hall

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 20:25:11 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

And this power is generated how?

Gas in the home.

Go to:
http://www.whispergen.co.uk
http://www.gledhill.net/water-storage/ws-index.htm
Go to innovations on the menu and select mCHP

Isn't this in contrast to your main goal of taking pollution away from
the city? Take away the remote power station and burn oil / gas in
1,000,000 homes in the city instead?

Boy are dumb.

Do you prefer them that way?

Natural gas in boilers is super clean compared to the IC
engine.

That's true but focus again on one issue. Have you considered
economy of scale in both directions? From where does the electricity
for charging said efficient vehicles come? If it's centralised
generation using oil/coal then pollution occurs. If it's centralised
production using NG then there is an economy of scale on one hand vs.
transmission loss on the other.

It's very easy to massage statistics to produce the desired marketing
and economic result. From the environmental point of view, one has
to be honest an look at the whole chain from front to back includibg
power generation, distribution and use.

Measurement of MPG at point of use is really a distortion. There is a
feel good in it because only part of the complete picture is taken.
There may even be an apparent economic benefit because of duty on fuel
or those who implement congestion charges either stupidly believe that
there is an environmental saving or more likely rather cynically
believe that the electorate has fallen for it.

I don't really believe that he
actually has one of these Toyota
Priapisms. More likely he's using
Autocar as a wank mag or something.

Wrong again. Autocars is third rate magi that said the Prius did 21mpg.
Yes, that is what they said. The lunatic then believed them.

I don't believe anything from magazines. The fact that one says 21mpg
and the other 55mpg should ring alarm bells. Given that situation, I
would be looking for the magazine giving the more favourable numbers
to justify itself rather than the one giving the less favourable
numbers to admit a mistake. In that respect I am from Missouri.

As long as it's something different
to the status quo anf Ken says
it's OK, then it's OK for Dr Drivel

If Ken says its fine then it's OK with me

That I can certainly believe. He has plenty of intelligent people
hoodwinked, so I am sure that you would be fine.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
raden

In message ws.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

People flock all around me, all the time, then
I point to my car and cream.

You seem to do a lot of that

As I thought, it's all in your overactive imagination

--
geoff
raden

In message ws.net,
Doctor Drivel writes
I bet the Toyota dealer took all his staff go-carting when they got
rid of the (soon to be obsolete) MK1 Prius on you .. ;-)

I have a Mk 2, new in 04. The best car in the world.

What's the registration number?

Probably got a personilised plate Andy .. least something around the
car would have a personality ..

Well, I had given up on this thread but I couldn't resist

"DIMM 1" what else

Maxie!!! I have taken Dim Lin, the Oriental enchantresses plate. I saw
your motorbike, it had FROCK 1 on the reg.

Is the creamer trying to say something witty ?

--
geoff
Andy Hall

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 18:50:39 GMT, T i m wrote:

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 14:34:25 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
T i m wrote:
I have a Mk 2, new in 04.

And what did you drive before that btw .. or did they run you about in
the 'short bus'?

There's no way he could afford a new Prius given his cock eyed ideas in
his alleged profession. He'd spend more time in the small claims court
than at work.

But it's obvious what he drives. A small Plumber's Merchant's van for a
living. Full of catalogues.

Drivel flicks through 'What Hybrid' mag (special order only)

"Ooohh .. luvley Prius" muuahhh flicks page "Euuuhh .. pit babe"
flicks page over quickly

How? The pages are stuck together...

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Andy Hall

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 20:27:32 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in a silly way in message
.. .
On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 12:33:44 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
.. .

I bet the Toyota dealer took all his staff go-carting when they got
rid of the (soon to be obsolete) MK1 Prius on you .. ;-)

I have a Mk 2, new in 04. The best car in the world.

What's the registration number?

Why? Are you a terrorist?

I just want to make sure that you are not bearing false witness.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Matt

"Doctor Drivel" wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Doctor Drivel wrote:

And they say it's fitted with a CVT. There, there.

Which it isn't. How long have you been like this?

The inescapable fact that Toyota themselves have submitted that it has
a CVT in their EU type approval documentation means that it HAS a CVT.
Either that or Toyota are lying and you are the greatest poster /
****wit / plumbing merchant counter assistant in the world ever.

Doctor Drivel

Doctor Drivel wrote:

And they say it's fitted with a CVT. There, there.

Which it isn't. How long have you been like this?

The inescapable fact that Toyota themselves have submitted that it has
a CVT

Mattyboy, It doesn't have a CVT. I explained it, but obviously you cannot
comprehend.

Matt

Andy Hall wrote:

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 12:33:44 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
. ..

I bet the Toyota dealer took all his staff go-carting when they got
rid of the (soon to be obsolete) MK1 Prius on you .. ;-)

I have a Mk 2, new in 04. The best car in the world.

What's the registration number?

Actually that's too personal and he will never reply. Instead of that
Drivel, give us the VIN alphanumeric sequence less the last 5 digits
and we might start to believe you.

Oh and while you are at it tell us who built your DB6 engine and the
last digit of the engine number.

Doctor Drivel

"Capitol" again was wrong in message

And, it only costs twice as much as
equivalent small cars

The Prius is not small. The interior is the size of a Camry.

in depreciation

Depreciates better than average. A waiting list to buy one.

and insurance--group
8 compared to group 4. Interesting to
see the fleet rental rates for the new
CVT Prius are now exceeding those
of many X type Jags!

....and they still take them, when they can get them of course,. High rates
because they are rare because of world-wide demand.

Poor residuals seem to be indicated.

Wrong. Higher than average residuals.

Presumably, they had to go to CVT
as the old gearbox had problems we weren't told
about!

It doesn't have a CVT. It doesn't have transmission as we understand it.
You haven't been paying attention.

Like my friends Lexus which
jumped off the road intermittently,
and was repurchased by Toyota
IIUC. I wonder what the chances are of
getting hold of a new gearbox in six
years time?

The Prius doesn't have a gearbox. The batteries, generator, motor,
inverter, and whole transmission is guaranteed 8 years.

You are not good at this car stuff are you?

Doctor Drivel

wrote:

13 year old straight 4 that I could sell today for more than I paid
for it.

A Rover? It is clear you are mad.

No, it's clear that I'm practical,

No mad. No one has crap like that.

T i m

Doctor Drivel wrote:

And they say it's fitted with a CVT. There, there.

Which it isn't. How long have you been like this?

The inescapable fact that Toyota themselves have submitted that it has
a CVT in their EU type approval documentation means that it HAS a CVT.
Either that or Toyota are lying and you are the greatest poster /
****wit / plumbing merchant counter assistant in the world ever.

Toyota would never lie to him Matt (nor Toshiba) if they did did it
would break his little heart (and if they tried he wouldn't read it
anyway but cover his eyes and say loudly "la lala la lah" ) ;-)

"10 15mm Yorkshire elbows .. here you go mate" ..

All the best ..

T i m
Doctor Drivel

wrote:

Probably got a personilised plate Andy .. least something around the
car would have a personality ..

Maybe I should have a Rover. What image. BTW, at the Hollywood Oscars

many
stars turned up in the a Prius. They rave over them. Dustin Hoffman was
first with the Lexus hybrid. People flock all around me, all the time,

then
I point to my car and cream.

Yes, he has a "Rover"...and he thinks it is worth something.

You see, the difference between
us

You can't see you old Rover is only crap value. That toy car must be worth
more.

T i m

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 20:53:57 +0100, Capitol
wrote:

"For Sale, 2004 Mk2 Toyota Prius, one stupid owner" (comes complete
with window dribble)

And, it only costs twice as much as equivalent small cars in
depreciation and insurance--group 8 compared to group 4. Interesting to
see the fleet rental rates for the new CVT Prius are now exceeding those
of many X type Jags!

Not surprised ..

Poor residuals seem to be indicated. Presumably,
they had to go to CVT as the old gearbox had problems we weren't told
about! Like my friends Lexus which jumped off the road intermittently,
and was repurchased by Toyota IIUC. I wonder what the chances are of
getting hold of a new gearbox in six years time?

Erm, apparently they don't have gearboxes Capitol (you fool) they have
gears / pulleys / plasma conduits in a casing that are part of the
drivetrain .. oh, hang on ..?

All the best ..

T i m
T i m

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 21:14:59 +0100, Andy Hall
wrote:

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 18:50:39 GMT, T i m wrote:

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 14:34:25 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
T i m wrote:
I have a Mk 2, new in 04.

And what did you drive before that btw .. or did they run you about in
the 'short bus'?

There's no way he could afford a new Prius given his cock eyed ideas in
his alleged profession. He'd spend more time in the small claims court
than at work.

But it's obvious what he drives. A small Plumber's Merchant's van for a
living. Full of catalogues.

Drivel flicks through 'What Hybrid' mag (special order only)

"Ooohh .. luvley Prius" muuahhh flicks page "Euuuhh .. pit babe"
flicks page over quickly

How? The pages are stuck together...

Only the Pariah tech spec pages? ;-)

T i m