T i m

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 21:15:26 +0100, Andy Hall
wrote:

I have a Mk 2, new in 04. The best car in the world.

What's the registration number?

Probably got a personilised plate Andy .. least something around the
car would have a personality ..

T i m

ABC 123?

LOL!

Doctor Drivel

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 20:25:11 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 11:09:27 GMT, T i m wrote:

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 11:46:14 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

And this power is generated how?

Gas in the home.

Go to:
http://www.whispergen.co.uk
http://www.gledhill.net/water-storage/ws-index.htm
Go to innovations on the menu and select mCHP

Isn't this in contrast to your main goal of taking pollution away from
the city? Take away the remote power station and burn oil / gas in
1,000,000 homes in the city instead?

Boy are dumb.

Do you prefer them that way?

What is your preference?

Natural gas in boilers is super clean compared to the IC
engine.

That's true

thank you.

but focus again on one issue. Have
you considered economy of scale in
both directions? From where does the electricity
for charging said efficient vehicles come?
If it's centralised generation using oil/coal
then pollution occurs. If it's centralised
production using NG then there is an economy
of scale on one hand vs.
transmission loss on the other.

The country is having a mixed bag of generation: wind, gas, coal,
distributed generation. The efficiencies in the future will be minimal
compared to what they used to be, and much will be clean power.

It's very easy to massage statistics
to produce the desired marketing
and economic result.

You have to look at what is happening in the generation industry.

From the environmental point of view, one has
to be honest an look at the whole chain from
front to back includibg power generation,
distribution and use.

Measurement of MPG at point of use is really a distortion. There is a
feel good in it because only part of the complete picture is taken.
There may even be an apparent economic benefit because of duty on fuel
or those who implement congestion charges either stupidly believe that
there is an environmental saving

Are you mad. Congestion charging reduces cars in central London reducing
pollution. You are a nut. The Prius is free to enter and park and there is
a waiting list. London can't get enough of them. This encourages clean
vehicles too. Londoners don't give a f**k about people from Woking driving
in, in dirty 4x4s. They want you out.

or more likely rather cynically
believe that the electorate has fallen for it.

I don't really believe that he
actually has one of these Toyota
Priapisms. More likely he's using
Autocar as a wank mag or something.

Wrong again. Autocars is a third rate
mag that said the Prius did 21mpg.
Yes, that is what they said. The lunatic
then believed them.

I don't believe anything from magazines.

The lunatic did. 21mpg he was screeching. I quick surf tells you
otherwise. Go to a Prius group and ask it is all over 50mpg, with many
getting way more.

The fact that one says 21mpg
and the other 55mpg should ring alarm bells.

65, not 55. Mine is doing over 55mpg.

Given that situation, I
would be looking for the magazine giving
the more favourable numbers
to justify itself rather than the one giving
the less favourable numbers to admit a
mistake. In that respect I am from Missouri.

As long as it's something different
to the status quo anf Ken says
it's OK, then it's OK for Dr Drivel

If Ken says its fine then it's OK with me

That I can certainly believe. He has plenty of intelligent people
hoodwinked, so I am sure that you would be fine.

He has people from outside London sussed out. he doesn't want you messing
the city up with your pollution machines and litter. Ken should lock you
all up. Look after your own place and leave London for Londoners to run,
for "their" benefit, not yours.

Doctor Drivel

"raden" wrote in message
In message ws.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

People flock all around me, all the time, then
I point to my car and cream.

You seem to do a lot of that

Maxie, as you are man of taste I'm sure would too.

As I thought, it's all in your overactive imagination

Maxie, would you like a polka-dot Prius?

dennis@home

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
eenews.net...

"dennis@home" wrote in message
. uk...

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
eenews.net...

The current batteries can't absorb all the charge created.

Almost correct.

Totally correct.

But the current cars (like the Prius)
can't generate all the energy from
braking.
They wouldn't need disk brakes if they could.

Discs are the second stage.

Why does it need a second stage if the motor/battery can use it all?

Doctor Drivel

"raden" wrote in message
In message ws.net,
Doctor Drivel writes
I bet the Toyota dealer took all his staff go-carting when they

got
rid of the (soon to be obsolete) MK1 Prius on you .. ;-)

I have a Mk 2, new in 04. The best car in the world.

What's the registration number?

Probably got a personilised plate Andy .. least something around the
car would have a personality ..

Well, I had given up on this thread but I couldn't resist

"DIMM 1" what else

Maxie!!! I have taken Dim Lin, the Oriental enchantresses plate. I saw
your motorbike, it had FROCK 1 on the reg.

Is the creamer trying to say something witty ?

My God, Maxie. Refrain. Do you have a polka-dot tank on your motor bike?

Doctor Drivel

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 18:50:39 GMT, T i m wrote:

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 14:34:25 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
T i m wrote:
I have a Mk 2, new in 04.

And what did you drive before that btw .. or did they run you about in
the 'short bus'?

There's no way he could afford a new Prius given his cock eyed ideas in
his alleged profession. He'd spend more time in the small claims court
than at work.

But it's obvious what he drives. A small Plumber's Merchant's van for a
living. Full of catalogues.

Drivel flicks through 'What Hybrid' mag (special order only)

"Ooohh .. luvley Prius" muuahhh flicks page "Euuuhh .. pit babe"
flicks page over quickly

How? The pages are stuck together...

Maxie, what have you been doing?

Doctor Drivel

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 20:27:32 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in a silly way in message
.. .
On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 12:33:44 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
.. .

I bet the Toyota dealer took all his staff go-carting when they got
rid of the (soon to be obsolete) MK1 Prius on you .. ;-)

I have a Mk 2, new in 04. The best car in the world.

What's the registration number?

Why? Are you a terrorist?

I just want to make sure that you are
not bearing false witness.

I have my doubts about you now.

Doctor Drivel

"Matt" wrote in message
Andy Hall wrote:

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 12:33:44 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
. ..

I bet the Toyota dealer took all his staff go-carting when they got
rid of the (soon to be obsolete) MK1 Prius on you .. ;-)

I have a Mk 2, new in 04. The best car in the world.

What's the registration number?

Actually that's too personal and he will never reply. Instead of that
Drivel, give us the VIN alphanumeric sequence less the last 5 digits
and we might start to believe you.

Oh and while you are at it tell us
who built your DB6 engine

I don't know, his name is on the engine though.

and the last digit of the engine number.

A personal one, which you will not get to know. Matty get therapy now.

Doctor Drivel

"T i m" wrote in message
On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 20:53:57 +0100, Capitol
wrote:

"For Sale, 2004 Mk2 Toyota Prius, one stupid owner" (comes complete
with window dribble)

And, it only costs twice as much as equivalent small cars in
depreciation and insurance--group 8 compared to group 4. Interesting to
see the fleet rental rates for the new CVT Prius are now exceeding those
of many X type Jags!

Not surprised ..

Oh my God he believes this fellow too. It is getting worse.

Doctor Drivel

wrote:

I have a Mk 2, new in 04. The best car in the world.

What's the registration number?

Probably got a personilised plate Andy .. least something around the
car would have a personality ..

T i m

ABC 123?

LOL!

You laughed at that? My, oh my. Look at that Rover of yours, now that is a
laugh.

raden

In message ws.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 18:50:39 GMT, T i m wrote:

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 14:34:25 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
T i m wrote:
I have a Mk 2, new in 04.

And what did you drive before that btw .. or did they run you about in
the 'short bus'?

There's no way he could afford a new Prius given his cock eyed ideas in
his alleged profession. He'd spend more time in the small claims court
than at work.

But it's obvious what he drives. A small Plumber's Merchant's van for a
living. Full of catalogues.

Drivel flicks through 'What Hybrid' mag (special order only)

"Ooohh .. luvley Prius" muuahhh flicks page "Euuuhh .. pit babe"
flicks page over quickly

How? The pages are stuck together...

Maxie, what have you been doing?

Has the dIMM creamer got his attribs mixed up again ?

--
geoff
Doctor Drivel

"dennis@home" wrote in message

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
eenews.net...

"dennis@home" wrote in message
. uk...

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
eenews.net...

The current batteries can't absorb all the charge created.

Almost correct.

Totally correct.

But the current cars (like the Prius)
can't generate all the energy from
braking.
They wouldn't need disk brakes if they could.

Discs are the second stage.

Why does it need a second stage if the motor/battery can use it all?

Oh I give up with this one. Do you have a Rover?

Doctor Drivel

"T i m" wrote in message
On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 21:48:35 +0100, Matt
wrote:

"Doctor Drivel" wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Doctor Drivel wrote:

And they say it's fitted with a CVT. There, there.

Which it isn't. How long have you been like this?

The inescapable fact that Toyota themselves have submitted that it has
a CVT in their EU type approval documentation means that it HAS a CVT.
Either that or Toyota are lying and you are the greatest poster /
****wit / plumbing merchant counter assistant in the world ever.

Toyota would never lie

You have no technical comprehension whatsoever. Obvious as you drive a
Rover and thinks it is actually worth something. Deluded.

Doctor Drivel

"T i m" wrote in message
On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 20:58:24 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

It is not a serious replacement to our main vehicles that's for sure
(and was never supposed to be) but unlike your Prius it NEVER creates
pollution in the City.

But its not a proper car. You can only go around the block

Yes, it's a very basic design, 20 year old city car.

A toy.

A bit like taking those
Tesco batteries out of your Primus

You are envious aren't you? and you are a snide too. I bet you would be
first to take my cast off, 8 year guaranteed batteries off me.

And why would I do that .. if they can only push your thing 5 miles
why would I want such a drop in range?

Because it is more than yours.

Doctor Drivel

"raden" wrote in message
In message ws.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 18:50:39 GMT, T i m wrote:

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 14:34:25 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
T i m wrote:
I have a Mk 2, new in 04.

And what did you drive before that btw .. or did they run you about

in
the 'short bus'?

There's no way he could afford a new Prius given his cock eyed ideas

in
his alleged profession. He'd spend more time in the small claims

court
than at work.

But it's obvious what he drives. A small Plumber's Merchant's van for

living. Full of catalogues.

Drivel flicks through 'What Hybrid' mag (special order only)

"Ooohh .. luvley Prius" muuahhh flicks page "Euuuhh .. pit babe"
flicks page over quickly

How? The pages are stuck together...

Maxie, what have you been doing?

Has the dIMM creamer got his attribs mixed up again ?

Maxie, don't speak that way about Dim Lin, your Oriental enchantress.

T i m

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 22:06:37 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

You can't see you old Rover is only crap value.

Well with a purchse cost of £100 and little spend on it over the lastt
5k I have MUCH less to loose than you?

That toy car must be worth
more.

Yep, so?

I suppose it make you better than me because you wasted all that money
on yer Primus when you could be gatting from A to B at 50mpg for £100

Thought not ..

Doctor Drivel

wrote:

You can't see you old Rover is only crap value.

Well with a purchse cost of £100 and little spend on it over the lastt
5k I have MUCH less to loose than you?

That's right 0 - 0 = 0. What most Rovers are worth.

Andy Hall

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 22:20:59 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .

Measurement of MPG at point of use is really a distortion. There is a
feel good in it because only part of the complete picture is taken.
There may even be an apparent economic benefit because of duty on fuel
or those who implement congestion charges either stupidly believe that
there is an environmental saving

Are you mad. Congestion charging reduces cars in central London reducing
pollution.

Like most leftist taxes, it's nothing more than window dressing for
the gullible, coupled with a cynical take of people's money to fund
hare-brained schemes.

The pollution is simply moved elsewhere.

You are a nut. The Prius is free to enter and park and there is
a waiting list.
London can't get enough of them.

There was a waiting list for Harry Potter as well.....

Londoners don't give a f**k about people from Woking driving
in, in dirty 4x4s. They want you out.

I wouldn't know. I'm not from Woking and I don't drive 4x4s into
London.

or more likely rather cynically
believe that the electorate has fallen for it.

I don't really believe that he
actually has one of these Toyota
Priapisms. More likely he's using
Autocar as a wank mag or something.

Wrong again. Autocars is a third rate
mag that said the Prius did 21mpg.
Yes, that is what they said. The lunatic
then believed them.

I don't believe anything from magazines.

The lunatic did. 21mpg he was screeching. I quick surf tells you
otherwise. Go to a Prius group and ask it is all over 50mpg, with many
getting way more.

Go to a Prius group. Hmmmm....

The King's suit of clothes springs to mind.....

The fact that one says 21mpg
and the other 55mpg should ring alarm bells.

65, not 55. Mine is doing over 55mpg.

What's the registration number?

Given that situation, I
would be looking for the magazine giving
the more favourable numbers
to justify itself rather than the one giving
the less favourable numbers to admit a
mistake. In that respect I am from Missouri.

As long as it's something different
to the status quo anf Ken says
it's OK, then it's OK for Dr Drivel

If Ken says its fine then it's OK with me

That I can certainly believe. He has plenty of intelligent people
hoodwinked, so I am sure that you would be fine.

He has people from outside London sussed out. he doesn't want you messing
the city up with your pollution machines and litter.

So he doesn't want tourists either, then?

Ken should lock you
all up.

In the Tower?

Look after your own place and leave London for Londoners to run,
for "their" benefit, not yours.

I thought that you lived in Milton Keynes.... Why would you care?

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
T i m

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 22:31:28 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

ABC 123?

LOL!

You laughed at that?

Yes, well spotted ..

My, oh my. Look at that Rover of yours, now that is a
laugh.

It's not really .. it's very plain and functional (like me), not a
poser (like you).

T i m

Andy Hall

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 21:37:11 GMT, raden wrote:

In message ws.net,
Doctor Drivel writes
I have a Mk 2, new in 04. The best car in the world.

What's the registration number?

Actually that's too personal and he will never reply. Instead of that
Drivel, give us the VIN alphanumeric sequence less the last 5 digits
and we might start to believe you.

Oh and while you are at it tell us
who built your DB6 engine

I don't know, his name is on the engine though.

"Dinky"

Certainly wouldn't be CORGI, would it? ;-)

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
T i m

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 22:40:28 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

You can't see you old Rover is only crap value.

Well with a purchse cost of £100 and little spend on it over the lastt
5k I have MUCH less to loose than you?

That's right 0 - 0 = 0. What most Rovers are worth.

Suits me .. so I can spend my money on nore interesting things than
transport ..

T i m
T i m

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 22:49:45 +0100, Andy Hall
wrote:

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 21:37:11 GMT, raden wrote:

In message ws.net,
Doctor Drivel writes
I have a Mk 2, new in 04. The best car in the world.

What's the registration number?

Actually that's too personal and he will never reply. Instead of that
Drivel, give us the VIN alphanumeric sequence less the last 5 digits
and we might start to believe you.

Oh and while you are at it tell us
who built your DB6 engine

I don't know, his name is on the engine though.

"Dinky"

Certainly wouldn't be CORGI, would it? ;-)

Very clever (I don't suppose 'It' will get it though).

T i m
Doctor Drivel

"Andy Hall" screeched away in message
On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 22:20:59 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .

Measurement of MPG at point of use is really a distortion. There is a
feel good in it because only part of the complete picture is taken.
There may even be an apparent economic benefit because of duty on fuel
or those who implement congestion charges either stupidly believe that
there is an environmental saving

Are you mad. Congestion charging reduces cars in central London reducing
pollution.

Like most leftist taxes, it's nothing more than window dressing for
the gullible,

Absolute crap. Some cities in extreme right wing places are considering the
charge. You are a brainwashed.

The pollution is simply moved elsewhere.

But away from the lungs of milions of people.

You are a nut. The Prius is free to enter and park and there is
a waiting list.
London can't get enough of them.

There was a waiting list for Harry Potter as well.....

There is a waiting list for your local Loony Bin too, You must be near the
front by now.

Doctor Drivel

wrote:

The pollution is simply moved elsewhere.

But away from the lungs of milions of people.

Moved from A to B

Again for you. But away from the lungs of millions of people. You
obviously want people have bad lungs.

T i m

wrote:

The pollution is simply moved elsewhere.

But away from the lungs of milions of people.

"Abracadabra" .. all the pollution *stays* in the countryside and
never goes near the city. Like the smoke on the smoking side of the
room never goes near the non smoking side ...

You are a nut. The Prius is free to enter and park and there is
a waiting list.
London can't get enough of them.

There was a waiting list for Harry Potter as well.....

He knows, he was in the queue, my 8 year old saw him

There is a waiting list for your local Loony Bin too, You must be near the
front by now.

Take yer word for it ..

T i m
Doctor Drivel

"T i m" wrote in message
On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 21:37:11 GMT, raden wrote:

Oh and while you are at it tell us
who built your DB6 engine

I don't know, his name is on the engine though.

"Dinky"

LOL

You LOL'd at that? No wonder you have Rover.

Doctor Drivel

wrote:

The pollution is simply moved elsewhere.

But away from the lungs of milions of people.

"Abracadabra" .. all the pollution *stays* in the countryside and
never goes near the city.

Good idea.

Like the smoke on the smoking side of the
room never goes near the non smoking side ...

Are you sure?

You are a nut. The Prius is free to enter and park and there is
a waiting list.
London can't get enough of them.

There was a waiting list for Harry Potter as well.....

He knows, he was in the queue, my 8 year old saw him

There is a waiting list for your local Loony Bin too, You must be near

the
front by now.

Take yer word for it ..

Yes, he is near the top.

Matt

"Doctor Drivel" wrote:

"Matt" wrote in message
.. .
Andy Hall wrote:

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 12:33:44 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
. ..

I bet the Toyota dealer took all his staff go-carting when they got
rid of the (soon to be obsolete) MK1 Prius on you .. ;-)

I have a Mk 2, new in 04. The best car in the world.

What's the registration number?

Actually that's too personal and he will never reply. Instead of that
Drivel, give us the VIN alphanumeric sequence less the last 5 digits
and we might start to believe you.

No reply drivel? Some of us know the VIN of our vehicles off the top
of our heads, move some of those plumbing leaflets out of the way and
look at your V5C, easy to do, nothing personal revealed. Maybe you
could go and admire the elegant lines of your car, look at the VIN
plate and have a craft wank in the garage. Of course you could
prevaricate and just nip down to the Toyota dealer tomorrow, get a
number and cheat so I have an additional request before you have time
to do that. What colour is your car?

Oh and while you are at it tell us
who built your DB6 engine

I don't know, his name is on the engine though.

Only someone who didn't have a clue (usually a merchant banker) or who
didn't own a full sized Aston would reply like that.

and the last digit of the engine number.

A personal one, which you will not get to know.

But a critical one which, combined with the builder of your engine
would prove beyond any doubt if you were telling porkies, which it
sadly seems you are.

raden

In message , T i m
writes
wrote:

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 21:37:11 GMT, raden wrote:

In message ws.net,
Doctor Drivel writes
I have a Mk 2, new in 04. The best car in the world.

What's the registration number?

Actually that's too personal and he will never reply. Instead of that
Drivel, give us the VIN alphanumeric sequence less the last 5 digits
and we might start to believe you.

Oh and while you are at it tell us
who built your DB6 engine

I don't know, his name is on the engine though.

"Dinky"

Certainly wouldn't be CORGI, would it? ;-)

Very clever (I don't suppose 'It' will get it though).

I was careful in my choice there

--
geoff
T i m

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 23:01:07 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 21:37:11 GMT, raden wrote:

Oh and while you are at it tell us
who built your DB6 engine

I don't know, his name is on the engine though.

"Dinky"

LOL

You LOL'd at that?

Still no getting stuff past you is there .. (oh and we are laughing at
you not with you .. like the folk you see when out kerbcrawling in yer
washing machine).

No wonder you have Rover.

You would have said similar nomatter what I drove (other than a
Primus) because that's how preditable you are ..

In actual fact my Rover is more Honda and Peugeot than Rover (but you
knew that didn't you .. oh you didn't did you or you would have
mentioned it!).

T i m

Matt

"Doctor Evil" wrote:

Reclaiming near 100% of brake energy is a great advantage.

How near?

Capitol

Doctor Drivel wrote:
Depreciates better than average.

So that is why the fleet rental rates are higher than a rapidly
depreciating Jaguar?!!!

A waiting list to buy one.

There's a much longer waiting list to buy a Morgan and it hardly
depreciates at all over 20 years!

Regards
Capitol

Capitol

raden wrote:

In message ws.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

I don't know, his name is on the engine though.

"Dinky"

Nah. Matchbox!

Capitol
Doctor Drivel

"Matt" wrote in message
"Doctor Evil" wrote:

Reclaiming near 100% of brake energy is a great advantage.

How near?

How near do you want it?

Doctor Drivel

"T i m" wrote in message
On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 23:01:07 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 21:37:11 GMT, raden wrote:

Oh and while you are at it tell us
who built your DB6 engine

I don't know, his name is on the engine though.

"Dinky"

LOL

You LOL'd at that?

Still no getting stuff past you is there .. (oh and we are laughing at
you not with you ..

No you are not. You are laughing at sweet FA. It figures as you have a
Rover.

Doctor Drivel

"Matt" wrote in message
"Doctor Drivel" wrote:

"Matt" wrote in message
.. .
Andy Hall wrote:

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 12:33:44 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
. ..

I bet the Toyota dealer took all his staff go-carting when they got
rid of the (soon to be obsolete) MK1 Prius on you .. ;-)

I have a Mk 2, new in 04. The best car in the world.

What's the registration number?

Actually that's too personal and he will never reply. Instead of that
Drivel, give us the VIN alphanumeric sequence less the last 5 digits
and we might start to believe you.

No reply

It is clear you are very silly and a waste of time.

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Wrong again. Autocars is third rate magi that said the Prius did 21mpg.
Yes, that is what they said. The lunatic then believed them.

You can't even get that right. 23 mpg overall, including performance
testing. And that's a disgrace for such a slow car.

--
*When the going gets tough, the tough take a coffee break *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.