Doctor Evil

Default London got the Olympics

......because Tone and Ken made all the difference. Isn't that great.

Doctor Evil wrote:
.....because Tone and Ken made all the difference. Isn't that great.

I thought his name was Jacques. Nope can't find "Tone and Ken Chirac"
anywhere. Does anyone have the Paris phonebook?

Andrew

Owain

Doctor Evil wrote:
......because Tone and Ken made all the difference. Isn't that great.

No they didn't; the snobs fancied shagging Princess Anne and the plebs
fancied being shagged by Beckham.

I was hoping Moscow would get it, it's the timezone furthest away from
the UK and the events would happen in the middle of the night UK time.
As it is we'll get nothing but O-bleeding-lympics on the telly morning
noon and night.

I expect it's nice for you though, the Pipemanglers Arms will be running
a chara and you will be able to use your OAP discount to have a cheap
day out.

Owain

Dave Plowman (News)

In article .net,
Doctor Evil wrote:
.....because Tone and Ken made all the difference. Isn't that great.

Funnily, Tone seems to think it's down to Seb Coe. And isn't he a Tory?

--
*Everybody lies, but it doesn't matter since nobody listens.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Bob

Is it to be a DIY Games? Otherwise, what's the relevance to the group?

Andy Hall

On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 13:04:39 +0100, "Doctor Evil"
wrote:

.....because Tone and Ken made all the difference. Isn't that great.

By keeping out of it as much as possible.

It seems to me that a member of the House of Lords did the most work
on this.

Having said that, in some ways I would rather that one of the other
countries had won it, not because of a lack of patriotism but because
it's a distraction and use of resources that could be put to much
better use.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

http://www.diybanter.com

Andy Hall

On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 14:11:32 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article .net,
Doctor Evil wrote:
.....because Tone and Ken made all the difference. Isn't that great.

Funnily, Tone seems to think it's down to Seb Coe. And isn't he a Tory?

Who? Tone or Lord Seb?

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

http://www.diybanter.com

Andrew McKay

Doctor Evil wrote:
.....because Tone and Ken made all the difference. Isn't that great.

I suspect this is a revenge attack on Bliars part. He knows damn well he
won't be in power in 2012, and the UK electorate will have finally got
wise to what a Labour government stands for - tax and spend. So the
Tories will be back in power and have to shoulder the consequences.

And oh look, the UK is committed to the Olympics in 2012. Not enough
money has been spent on the facilities and time is running out.

Remember the year 2000 debacle involving the tent and the London Eye
which wasn't ready? And the fact that Labour had to pull the plug on the
shareholders of British Rail (whatever they were renamed to)?

It's revenge I tell you.

Andrew

--
Please note that the email address used for posting
usenet messages is configured such that my antispam

Doctor Evil

"Owain" wrote in message
Doctor Evil wrote:
......because Tone and Ken made all the difference. Isn't that great.

No they didn't; the snobs fancied
shagging Princess Anne

When I saw that ugly cow I though that is blow. They must have stabled
here.

and the plebs fancied being
shagged by Beckham.

I was hoping Moscow would get it,
it's the timezone furthest away from
the UK and the events would happen
in the middle of the night UK time.
As it is we'll get nothing but O-bleeding-lympics
on the telly morning noon and night.

And who cares about clay pigeon shooting.

I expect it's nice for you though,
the Pipemanglers Arms will be running
a chara and you will be able to use your
OAP discount to have a cheap day out.

I am the sort who would compete in the Olympics. I am great runner.and all
around athlete.

Doctor Evil

"Bob" wrote in message

Is it to be a DIY Games? Otherwise, what's the relevance to the group?

All the extra work in London.

Doctor Evil

wrote:

.....because Tone and Ken made all

the difference. Isn't that great.

By keeping out of it as much as possible.

Tone even spoke in French and ignored that ignorant Froggie. France? best
at Cuisine? You can't get a decent curry there. Uncivilised.

Ken even wore a Becks type of suit.

Having said that, in some ways I would rather that one of the other
countries had won it, not because of a lack of patriotism but because
it's a distraction and use of resources that could be put to much
better use.

I was listening to radio chat show, and one caller said the billions poured
into London will create an even larger rift in the north south divide. I
thought he had a point.

Doctor Evil

"Andrew McKay" wrote in message
Doctor Evil wrote:
.....because Tone and Ken made all the difference. Isn't that great.

I suspect this is a revenge attack on Bliars part. He knows damn well he
won't be in power in 2012, and the UK electorate will have finally got
wise to what a Labour government stands for - tax and spend.

You are making all this up.

We could go back to having all those bodies living on the streets with the
other lots. Mother Teresa of Calcutta was appalled at the sight of people
living on the streets of the UK. She couldn't believe that a rich country
would allow this.

TheScullster

Is it to be a DIY Games? Otherwise, what's the relevance to the group?

The relevance is that DIY activity will increase exponentially as anyone
actually interested in doing anything will be getting on with it in an
effort to avoid having to sit in front of Olympicmania day in day out.

Phil

Christian McArdle

Is it to be a DIY Games? Otherwise, what's the relevance to the group?

Well, all the tradesmen currently building Terminal 5 at Heathrow will have
something else to do when they've finished, making the chance of getting any
non-DIY work impossible in the south of England for an extra decade.

Christian.

Doctor Evil

"TheScullster" wrote in message

Is it to be a DIY Games? Otherwise, what's the relevance to the group?

The relevance is that DIY activity will increase exponentially as anyone
actually interested in doing anything will be getting on with it in an
effort to avoid having to sit in front of Olympicmania day in day out.

This country is going on full-hype over the Olympics and before and during
it will be fever. The fact is around the world no one gives a toss; I never
cared about Greece. But Tone and Ken did a brill job. They should rename
them, the Tone and Ken games, or Kentone for short. People will say, I am
going to the Kentone to see the race. Yes, that is what they will say.

Imagine all those combi's in the Kentone village.

Owain

Andy Hall wrote:
Having said that, in some ways I would rather that one of the other
countries had won it, not because of a lack of patriotism but because
it's a distraction and use of resources that could be put to much
better use.

I agree; we'll only just have finished paying off the bill for the G8 by
2012.

All we need now is to win the Eurovision.

On the upside, we've found a use for the Dome!!!

Owain

Jim White

In message .net
"Doctor Evil" wrote:
[snip]

I am the sort who would compete in the Olympics.

Sheesh, I wasn't aware that ambidextrous masturbation was an Olympic
discipline.

--
Jim White
Wimbledon London England
Chris McBrien

Woss rong wiv using the 1948 Stadium at the White City?

I hope they build something better than the Millenium Tent.

x-- 30+ Days Binary Retention with High Completion
x-- Access to over 1.9 Terabytes per Day - $8.95/Month
x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

Tony Bryer

In article , Andrew McKay wrote:
I suspect this is a revenge attack on Bliars part. He knows damn
well he on't be in power in 2012, and the UK electorate will have
finally got wise to what a Labour government stands for - tax and
spend. So the Tories will be back in power and have to shoulder
the consequences.

A quid-pro-quo for Michael Heseltine's Dome then?

[Latest version QSEDBUK 1.10 released 4 April 2005]

Doctor Evil

"Chris McBrien" wrote in message
. ..

Woss rong wiv using the 1948 Stadium at the White City?

1. The White City stadium was demolished in the late 1980s.
2. The 1948 Olympics were at Wembley stadium.
3. A dedicated athletics stadium will be built in the East End of London

I hope they build something better than the Millenium Tent.

That was brilliant. I went there.

T i m

On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 15:23:22 +0100, "Doctor Evil"
wrote:

And who cares about clay pigeon shooting.

I do, but for fun, not to watch on the telly ;-)

Maybe if I work hard enough I could make the Olympic team and go clay
shooting in ... erm .. London? ;-(

All the best ..

T i m (in London)
Dave Plowman (News)

In article .net,
Doctor Evil wrote:
Sheesh, I wasn't aware that ambidextrous masturbation was an Olympic
discipline.

You are in then. 7 years of practice for you.

Give us the benefit of your experience, though.

After all, you're a pro.

--
*Therapy is expensive, poppin' bubble wrap is cheap! You choose.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
T i m

On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 15:35:36 +0100, "TheScullster"
wrote:

Is it to be a DIY Games? Otherwise, what's the relevance to the group?

The relevance is that DIY activity will increase exponentially as anyone
actually interested in doing anything will be getting on with it in an
effort to avoid having to sit in front of Olympicmania day in day out.

LOL ..

Funny, I seem to get more done when Dead Enders, Comtamination St or
Sad Brother are 'on' ..;-)

T i m
T i m

On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 15:38:01 +0100, "Christian McArdle"
wrote:

Is it to be a DIY Games? Otherwise, what's the relevance to the group?

Well, all the tradesmen currently building Terminal 5 at Heathrow will have
something else to do when they've finished, making the chance of getting any
non-DIY work impossible in the south of England for an extra decade.

Then when they have finished that they can go back to Poland ...

All the best ..

T i m
T i m

Funny,

I was actually going to ask a (OT) question on the same subject.

Would someone care to explain to me what all the fuss is about re the
Olympics (wherever it's held?).

*My* view is its a load of hype over nothing .. like the announcement
re the winning City .. why did that have to be turned into a TV game
show? (But I feel the same re football / rugby etc etc).

And what is it actually about .. folk running / jumping rowing
whatever faster longer further than anyone else? (I'm not into 'sport'
you can tell .. I do walk, cycle, row and sail for fun though).

So, what's it going to do for me .. well living 5 miles away from
part of the projected developement area just MORE congestion and loss
of public park?

"We can't build there it's public park / green-belt!"
"It's for the Olympics, we can do what we like ..."

And look at all the excitement from the kids .. the chance of working
hard for 7 years to compete in .. em .. London .. (for 2 weeks!) ;-(

Oh well, as long as it keeps them off the streets / drugs etc ...

All the best ..

T i m

Doctor Evil

"T i m" wrote in message
Funny,

I was actually going to ask a (OT) question on the same subject.

Would someone care to explain to me what all the fuss is about re the
Olympics (wherever it's held?).

*My* view is its a load of hype over nothing .. like the announcement
re the winning City .. why did that have to be turned into a TV game
show? (But I feel the same re football / rugby etc etc).

And what is it actually about .. folk running / jumping rowing
whatever faster longer further than anyone else? (I'm not into 'sport'
you can tell

That is obvious. Do you hate the world as well?

.. I do walk, cycle, row and sail for fun though).

So, what's it going to do for me .. well living 5 miles away from
part of the projected developement area just MORE congestion and loss
of public park?

They are building a new park

"We can't build there it's public park / green-belt!"
"It's for the Olympics, we can do what we like ..."

It's on derelict land.

And look at all the excitement
from the kids .. the chance of working
hard for 7 years to compete in .. em ..
London .. (for 2 weeks!) ;-(

Top sporstpeopel don't just compete for 2 weeks.

Oh well, as long as it keeps them off the streets / drugs etc ...

All the best ..

T i m

Doctor Evil

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article .net,
Doctor Evil wrote:
Sheesh, I wasn't aware that ambidextrous masturbation was an Olympic
discipline.

You are in then. 7 years of practice for you.

Give us the benefit of your experience, though.

After all, you're a pro.

You can lead our Electric Caber Tossing team.

:::Jerry::::

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 14:11:32 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article .net,
Doctor Evil wrote:
.....because Tone and Ken made all the difference. Isn't that

great.

Funnily, Tone seems to think it's down to Seb Coe. And isn't he a

Tory?

Who? Tone or Lord Seb?

Lord seb, but (sir) Tony might as well be...

Capitol

Doctor Evil wrote:

.....because Tone and Ken made all the difference. Isn't that great.

Does this mean that you personally will pay all the necessary extra tax
to pay for it? Or is it another New Labour national tax increase?

Sad day for the working people!

Regards
Capitol

David Lang

You can lead our Electric Caber Tossing team.

Could someone tell me what on earth this is all about?

Dave

raden

In message .net,
Doctor Evil writes

I expect it's nice for you though,
the Pipemanglers Arms will be running
a chara and you will be able to use your
OAP discount to have a cheap day out.

I am the sort who would compete in the Olympics.

As we'd be the host country, we can nominate different sports

Quick, ring your fearless leader up at Gleneagles and ask if we can have
plastic fitting

I am great runner.

Well, verbal diarrhoea is the phrase I would use

and all
around athlete.

Around what ?

(I presume you meant "all round")

--
geoff
raden

In message , Bob
writes
Is it to be a DIY Games? Otherwise, what's the relevance to the group?

None whatsoever, why ?

very little that dIMM posts is relevant

--
geoff
Badger

wrote:

And who cares about clay pigeon shooting.

I do, but for fun, not to watch on the telly ;-)

Maybe if I work hard enough I could make the Olympic team and go clay
shooting in ... erm .. London? ;-(

All the best ..

T i m (in London)

Bisley, like the commonwealths, just think all those nasty handguns
being brought in as well....Unless Mick Gaults still travelling to
Europe to practice by then I doubt we will win any medals for those
disaplines.
Doctor Evil

"raden" wrote in message
In message .net,
Doctor Evil writes

I expect it's nice for you though,
the Pipemanglers Arms will be running
a chara and you will be able to use your
OAP discount to have a cheap day out.

I am the sort who would compete in the Olympics.

As we'd be the host country, we can nominate different sports

Quick, ring your fearless leader up at
Gleneagles and ask if we can have
plastic fitting

Mr Chirac, Maxie? Maxie, we can't do sports done in your enchanted
workshop.

I am great runner.

Well, verbal diarrhoea is the phrase I would use

Maxie, you would?

and all
around athlete.

Around what ?

Maxie, around anything.

Doctor Evil

"Capitol" wrote in message

Doctor Evil wrote:

.....because Tone and Ken made all the difference. Isn't that great.

Does this mean that you personally
will pay all the necessary extra tax
to pay for it?

No. Only the people of London.

Doctor Evil

"David Lang" wrote in message
o.uk...

You can lead our Electric Caber Tossing team.

Could someone tell me what on earth this is all about?

Mr Canium does electric caber tossing.

Doctor Evil

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Bob
writes
Is it to be a DIY Games? Otherwise, what's the relevance to the group?

None whatsoever, why ?

very little that dIMM posts is relevant

Maxie, do you mean Dim Lin, the Oriental enchantress, posts garbage? Maxie,
get in there and sort her out.

Mary Fisher

wrote:

And who cares about clay pigeon shooting.

I do, but for fun, not to watch on the telly ;-)

Maybe if I work hard enough I could make the Olympic team and go clay
shooting in ... erm .. London? ;-(

Why on Earth use clays in London? What's wrong with the real thing?

Mary

All the best ..

T i m (in London)

Mary Fisher

"T i m" wrote in message
[...]

I'm going to ruin your day, Tim, I agree with you.

Mary

Mike

"Doctor Evil" wrote in message
news.net...
.....because Tone and Ken made all the difference. Isn't that great.

Actually I'd put it 60% down to Seb Coe for a great presentation and 40%
down to Bob Geldof for reminding the world that London might be worth
visiting.