raden

In message .net,
Doctor Evil writes

I was talking to another engineer / tekky neighbour yesterday and I
mentioned I didn't follow football and he said "nor do I .. I hate it"
.. ? (I don't hate it I just hate some of the people it attacts). I
can think of at least 3 other engineering types that have no interest
in football either?

I have found that those who played football at school and then detest it
later in life were either, just no good at it, or do the opposite for the
sake of it (all the others like it so I will not).

I presume you were always left back

.... in the changing room

They tend to be sad
*******s,

So that's where your problems started

I have found that nearly all people I have met who have no interest in sport
whatsoever are odd in some way. Man's natural desire for competition is not
there.

Following football has less to do with competition than base tribal
instincts

Professional football has got totally out of hand. It's not so much a
sport as a tax on the terminally stupid

--
geoff