T i m

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 01:21:59 GMT, raden wrote:

And you have built a kit car, or designed, built and raced an electric
vehicle maybe?

I presume that his first endeavours with a hacksaw would have put paid
to any interest in that direction

Well, we can only guess in this particular case but judging from his
typical response to common sense / practical observation I expect the
only tool in his toolbox is a hammer (if it's broken hit it and if
it's not broken hit it anyway) ;-)

I bet you are one of those that wanted competitive sports
banned from schools.

I think dIMM's problem here comes from an ability to differentiate
between participating in sport and spectator sport

IMO, I enjoy the former and detest the latter

And thinking the only good sports are team sports .. maybe he boxes
with a gang (security in numbers) ? Joking aside I suspect there are
many reasons why someone (in particular) might start boxing at 8 years
old:

1) You are little, get picked on so have to learn to fight early.
2) Are a bully and sent to boxing to 'learn how to control your
anger'.
3) You are generally disliked so have to learn to fight early.
4) Can't do anything more creative so have to hit things.
5) Get frustrated because you never get picked for the team so have to
hit things.
6) It was noticed they had 'no character' and it was hoped that boxing
would build some?

Now this could all be very unfair smack wrist for all I know (you
guys may know better) he may be a very nice, well balanced and
reasonable individual that has made the best of the hand he was dealt
...?

Did you start smoking at school because all your mates did by the way?

No, presumably because the other kids set fire to him

Oooh, that could that have been point 7) ;-)

(just off out to get an MOT on my motorbike)

Got mine a couple of weeks ago naa naa na naa na

Ah, but then mine would be fresher than yours ;-)

It passed ok but I still want to change the front disk because it's
*well* below the minimim marked thickness. Now I know manufacturers
are often over cautious re these values but this *is* quite worn ;-(

The other thing I was reminded of yesterday is that being in shorts
and T shirt in an old (non aircon) car is more comfortable in this
heat than being on two wheels in full biking gear! ;-(

All the best ..

T i m