Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Gunner's computer won't go on-line

Due to his sudden disappearance from RCM, I was wondering about
Gunner's health, so I was in contact and conversed with him earlier
in the evening. He told me his computer won't log-on to the internet,
and he's been busy.

He did give me the old Swartzeneger line...you know...

"I'll be back!"

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Brian Lawson" wrote in message

Due to his sudden disappearance from RCM, I was wondering about
Gunner's health, so I was in contact and conversed with him earlier
in the evening. He told me his computer won't log-on to the internet,
and he's been busy.

He did give me the old Swartzeneger line...you know...

"I'll be back!"

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

Thanks, Brian.

Harold

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Brian Lawson" wrote in message

Due to his sudden disappearance from RCM, I was wondering about
Gunner's health, so I was in contact and conversed with him earlier
in the evening. He told me his computer won't log-on to the internet,
and he's been busy.

He did give me the old Swartzeneger line...you know...

"I'll be back!"

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

He e-mailed me from a friends house today but the basterd STILL didn't help
me with my quandary. I wanted to know the advantages and disadvantages
between a S&W 617 in 6 or 10 rd.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Brian Lawson" wrote in message

Due to his sudden disappearance from RCM, I was wondering about
Gunner's health, so I was in contact and conversed with him earlier
in the evening. He told me his computer won't log-on to the internet,
and he's been busy.

He did give me the old Swartzeneger line...you know...

"I'll be back!"

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

Must be the pits when actual life and metalworking get in the way of
usenetting.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2/2/2011 11:56 PM, Tom Gardner wrote:
"Brian wrote in message

Due to his sudden disappearance from RCM, I was wondering about
Gunner's health, so I was in contact and conversed with him earlier
in the evening. He told me his computer won't log-on to the internet,
and he's been busy.

He did give me the old Swartzeneger line...you know...

"I'll be back!"

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

He e-mailed me from a friends house today but the basterd STILL didn't help
me with my quandary. I wanted to know the advantages and disadvantages
between a S&W 617 in 6 or 10 rd.

You need Gummer's help with something like that? What's your problem?
The gun's a big honking revolver that looks like a .357 magnum except it
shoots .22 rimfire. I think it only comes with a ten shot cylinder too.
I know people who have this gun. It's ridiculous. It weighs over 40
ounces and list price for it is over 800 bucks. I can't imagine why
anyone would want one. It's an overpriced brick that only shoots a .22.
What it is for I haven't been about to figure out. There's no advantage
to owning one.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Brian wrote in message

[...]

It comes with a 6 or 10 shot cylinder in Al or SS cylinder...depending on the dash
number.

I see it as a big advantage to my students to start them with a heavy .22 that has
very little recoil and a revolver is much simpler so they don't get caught up in too
many distracting actions. Also, loading is very simple and straight forward,
especially one round at a time. Then, transition to low-power .38s in the same frame
revolver assures a smooth transition. And, those 617s are extremely accurate which
makes it easy to correct a new shooter, they quickly build confidence with success and
it's a big gun so it's easy for an instructor to maintain control of the gun and the
shooter. I've only been a Certified Instructor for a short time and have a lot to
learn. So far my students have all done well and have all passed to become safe,
competent shooters or CCW carriers and quite a few have booked me as a coach on a
continuing basis. Cost isn't an issue, I'll be buying a few. My first day of
teaching, I netted over $1k and word of mouth has already got me over 15 referrals for
this month plus coaching time. The only student that I had problems with was because
he had a "Bubba-Big-Bore" mentality and thought he knew way more than he did. I broke
him and kind of used him as a bad example. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Martin Eastburn" wrote in message
Shooting metal targets down at four distances.
Simple as that.
Martin

I looked at a number of offerings from Taurus but the QC seems to be a 50/50 gamble.
I want 617s for teaching so I want quality and reliability and SS is a must. In all
my research, 6 or 10 rds. doesn't seem to make a difference in quality or reliability.
I would have thought the 6 rd. would be more robust but the 10 rd. has less inertia on
the moving cylinder so it beats-up the lock less. They are a dream to shoot and
extremely accurate. If I could only have one firearm, it might very well be a 617.
I'll just have to get a few of each and find out for myself.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Brian wrote in message

[...]

We have a 17-4, which is very similar to the 617 but blued rather than
SS and of earlier vintage. It has a 6-hole cylinder. It's one of
Mary's two favorites. It's a lot of fun to shoot and newbies often
surprise themselves with how well they can shoot it. One reason it is
so accurate might be because it has a really nice crisp trigger in
single-action. Glass-break crisp, it's possibly the best trigger in
my lot of revolvers.

A slight advantage to the 10-holer is slightly less stress on the
lockwork because the cylinder rotates less with each shot. But the
primary reason for a 6-hole .22 is to retain as much similarity as
possible to other K-frames in heavier calibers, so the (6)17 remains a
good practice gun very similar in weight and feel to, say, a 686 in
..357 Magnum but without the flash, bang, recoil and ammo cost.

I happen to prefer the .357, but I do enjoy taking Mary's 17 to the
range now and then.

What it's for, Hawke, is what any .22 pistol is for: shooting
enjoyment. Worthless to one who doesn't enjoy it, but some folks do.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Feb 3, 1:29*am, Brian Lawson wrote:
Due to his sudden disappearance from RCM, I was wondering about
Gunner's health, so I was in contact *and conversed with him earlier
in the evening. *He told me his computer won't log-on to the internet,
and he's been busy.

He did give me the old Swartzeneger line...you know...

* * * * * * * * *"I'll be back!"

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

Gunner should try paying for internet service rather than stealing
from the cable company.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"rangerssuck" wrote in message
On Feb 3, 1:29 am, Brian Lawson wrote:
Due to his sudden disappearance from RCM, I was wondering about
Gunner's health, so I was in contact and conversed with him earlier
in the evening. He told me his computer won't log-on to the internet,
and he's been busy.

He did give me the old Swartzeneger line...you know...

"I'll be back!"

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

Gunner should try paying for internet service rather than stealing
from the cable company.
**************

Only you libtards steal. It's because you have no honor, morals or scruples. Typical
libtard thief!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Feb 6, 4:12*am, "LibtardFilth" igik@hh wrote:
"rangerssuck" wrote in message

On Feb 3, 1:29 am, Brian Lawson wrote:

Due to his sudden disappearance from RCM, I was wondering about
Gunner's health, so I was in contact and conversed with him earlier
in the evening. He told me his computer won't log-on to the internet,
and he's been busy.

He did give me the old Swartzeneger line...you know...

"I'll be back!"

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

Gunner should try paying for internet service rather than stealing
from the cable company.
**************

Only you libtards steal. *It's because you have no honor, morals or scruples. *Typical
libtard thief!

I don't know what a "libtard" is, but I do know that Gunner has
admitted right here to stealing cable internet service. He may or may
not share the cost with his neighbor (interesting how, in other posts,
he claims to not have any neighbors), but that is a clear violation of
the terms of service with the cable company and it is known, legally,
as "Theft of Service."

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.h...uthor: gunner

Do you use Road Runner for Internet service? 8-)

Actually...I dont know. I share a high speed cable modem connection via
wifi with my neighbor for $20 a month.

It might be.

Ive never paid any attention to who the provider is, actually.
Whoever Time-Warner has for internet.

Gunner

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Tom Gardner" jskgs@gng wrote in message

"Martin Eastburn" wrote in message
Shooting metal targets down at four distances.
Simple as that.
Martin

I looked at a number of offerings from Taurus but the QC seems to be a
50/50 gamble. I want 617s for teaching so I want quality and reliability
and SS is a must. In all my research, 6 or 10 rds. doesn't seem to make a
difference in quality or reliability. I would have thought the 6 rd. would
be more robust but the 10 rd. has less inertia on the moving cylinder so
it beats-up the lock less. They are a dream to shoot and extremely
accurate. If I could only have one firearm, it might very well be a 617.
I'll just have to get a few of each and find out for myself.

If you want light weight as the other poster seemed to indicate the old H&R
922 is decent and hold 9 rounds. Not worth much beyond 10-15 yards for
accuracy (well, mine isn't) but it is a lot of fun too shoot. I have
noticed it seems to be slightly more accurate when freshly cleaned. My old
RG .22 was like that too. As far as reliable, I think my 922 is about 75
years old. When I pull the trigger it goes bang.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

rangerssuck wrote:
[...]

you better call the FBI, this is a serious crime.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2/5/2011 7:32 PM, Martin Eastburn wrote:
Shooting metal targets down at four distances.
Simple as that.
Martin

If that's all you need your .22 to do there are a lot better choices
than the S&W. I bought a Ruger MKIII with a 4" heavy barrel last year
and it only cost a little more than 200 bucks. It shoots really well, is
very accurate, and it's not heavy. Believe me, it'll do anything the 617
can do. But there are many good choices out there as well. Walther .22s
and Browning Buckmarks are very good too. Much better than the Smith,
IMNSHO.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Brian wrote in message

[...]

You need to move into the 21st century. Most of the people you are
teaching will wind up buying semi autos. Revolvers are just not nearly
as popular as they once were. Spending time teaching with a revolver is
a waste of time. Go right to the semi auto. Any .22 you use has little
recoil so there is no advantage to a big heavy revolver. Also you're
teaching beginners so great accuracy in your gun isn't that important
either.

Like I said, I know people who have those things. Believe me, nobody
uses them in the bullseye leagues. They're just not very handy anymore.
It would be different if it was 1950 when everyone was buying revolvers
but now most everyone buy a semi auto. Personally, I still like
revolvers a lot so I'm not against them per se. I'm just saying that
even for the purpose of teaching other guns work better. Don't believe
me? Take a poll and see how many other instructors use those. My guess
is you'll be the only one. Get an inexpensive Ruger. You'll save a lot
of money and time.

Hawke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Brian wrote in message

[...]

I know a number of people who use .22s for all kinds of different
reasons. Some hunt squirrels and actually eat them. I know, I was
shocked when a guy told me that. They hunt rabbits for food too. People
compete in bullseye leagues for competition. And yes, sometime people
just like to fool around shooting a .22 pistol for the hell of it. So
there are a number of reasons why people like them.

I'm just saying the 617 is a huge revolver and to chamber it in .22 is a
bit of a joke. I hear the same thing said about Beretta 92s. That's a
huge gun for 9mm. In the case of the 617 I agree. It's just way too big
for the caliber. If someone wants one just to mess with who am I to
complain? It's their choice. But I am saying there are far better
choices out there if you want a .22. A lot less costly ones too.

Hawke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Feb 6, 7:01*pm, Hawke wrote:

If that's all you need your .22 to do there are a lot better choices
than the S&W. I bought a Ruger MKIII with a 4" heavy barrel last year
and it only cost a little more than 200 bucks. It shoots really well, is
very accurate, and it's not heavy. Believe me, it'll do anything the 617
can do. But there are many good choices out there as well. Walther .22s
and Browning Buckmarks are very good too. Much better than the Smith,
IMNSHO.

Hawke

The Ruger is a nice .22 pistol, but it will not let you practice
shooting a revolver.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 06 Feb 2011 16:17:44 -0800, Hawke
wrote:

I know a number of people who use .22s for all kinds of different
reasons. Some hunt squirrels and actually eat them. I know, I was
shocked when a guy told me that. They hunt rabbits for food too. People
compete in bullseye leagues for competition. And yes, sometime people
just like to fool around shooting a .22 pistol for the hell of it. So
there are a number of reasons why people like them.

I'm just saying the 617 is a huge revolver and to chamber it in .22 is a
bit of a joke. I hear the same thing said about Beretta 92s. That's a
huge gun for 9mm. In the case of the 617 I agree. It's just way too big
for the caliber. If someone wants one just to mess with who am I to
complain? It's their choice. But I am saying there are far better
choices out there if you want a .22. A lot less costly ones too.

Hawke

One advantage of revolvers is that they'll shoot any ammo that fits,
while some semiautos can be a bit picky. My Buckmark works great with
CCI hi-velocity but not so well with Golden Bullet. I don't think
I've found any ammo the Ruger Mk III doesn't like, but it's a bit
tricky to strip and clean.

The Ruger Mark III standard with 6" barrel weighs 37 oz, the 17 with
6" bbl is 40 oz. The Mark III hunter with bull barrel is actually 1
oz heavier than the revolver.

The Walther P22 is fun but not particularly accurate. I don't own one
but a friend does and I get to shoot it now and then.

An advantage to longer-barrelled handguns is that beginners have less
trouble learning to keep them aimed DOWNRANGE AT ALL TIMES and it's
easier for an instructor or coach to spot errors.

Ladies with low-cut blouses should not shoot Walther P22s, which can
eject hot brass almost straight up and a little to the rear. True
story!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Brian wrote in message

[...]

I use 2 Mark IIs now, revolvers are simpler and less intimidating to people that have
never handled a handgun before. Since we must teach revolvers as well as
semi-automatics, we don't have the choice to exclude revolvers.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 6 Feb 2011 10:04:33 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

"Tom Gardner" jskgs@gng wrote in message
m...

[...]

And if it is like the one or two H&R's I owned it is a mighty heavy
trigger pull too.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Brian wrote in message

[...]

Actually, in the small bore pistol matches I never saw a revolver once
Colt sold the first Woodsman.

However I did see an old fellow shooting the slow fire matches with a
S&W single shot pistol.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Feb 6, 1:43*pm, Cydrome Leader wrote:
rangerssuck wrote:
[...]

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.h...rm/thread/1aec...

you better call the FBI, this is a serious crime.- Hide quoted text -

"...Improsonment in county jail for up to one year." Is that serious
enough? I thought Gunner was a law-abiding former sherriff. He ought
to know better.

http://law.findlaw.com/state-laws/co...es/california/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Tom Gardner" jskgs@gng wrote in message
om...

[...]

When shooting double action it is pretty heavy.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Tom Gardner" jskgs@gng wrote

[...]

I own an old Colt Police Officer Special from the Chicago PD training
department, WITH original holster. It feels EXACTLY like the .38 standard
issue of that era. It was used for recruits that didn't have much or any
experience with a pistol. It is a very nice gun, and now I carry it with
snake shot when I'm in snake country. It is a lot of fun to shoot at
targets, too.

You know, some people think that anything they don't own is a POS. I must
admit to that, as that is my impression of the Desert Eagle. Other than
that, I'm pretty open minded.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.
Learn how to care for a friend.
Download the book.
http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

Every time I think you cannot possibly say anything more stupid than what
you have said in the past, you do.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Tom Gardner" jskgs@gng wrote

If I could only have one firearm, it might very well be a 617.

I like this about revolvers. You can carry a rag, a rod, and a little oil
and solvent, and no matter what happens, you can clean it up quickly and
it's good to go. Sand, mud, snow, just a quick clean, and you're at least
operational. Try that with a semi. Revolvers came into existence for a
reason, and dominated for a very long time for a reason, and are still
popular for a reason. But I guess there are the short dicked crowd that
still insist on 30 round magazines and big calibers. And shoot once every
two years. Most revolvers you can not drop a part from them when you open
them up. Try that when trying to clean a slide.

I have a Model 60, .357, 2" barrel on a Safariland paddle, and I love it.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.
Learn how to care for a friend.
Download the book.
http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Cydrome Leader" wrote in message
rangerssuck wrote:
[...]

I "steal" Internet service all the time. When I'm out and about, and need
service, I will drive around until I find an unsecured wifi. I never have
to drive less than a block. I do this a lot on real estate surveys when I
need to access county records or an aerial photo. I do have a satellite ISB
thingus, but that costs me cell minutes.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.
Learn how to care for a friend.
Download the book.
http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

rangerssuck wrote:
[...]

Download the book.http://cabgbypasssurgery.com- Hide quoted text -

Why do you put the word steal in quotes? Do you somehow think that
makes it less bad?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2/7/2011 9:20 AM, Steve B wrote:

I like this about revolvers. You can carry a rag, a rod, and a little oil
and solvent, and no matter what happens, you can clean it up quickly and
it's good to go. Sand, mud, snow, just a quick clean, and you're at least
operational.

Well, revolvers have one more advantage, for those that are acquiring a
firearm for self defense, but are not otherwise, gun people.
And that is in the rare case of a misfire, all one has to do is squeeze
the trigger again to cycle the next cartridge into play. A double action
auto will just keep striking the same primer. Maybe it'll fire the 2nd
or 3rd time, likely not.

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Hawke wrote:

You need to move into the 21st century. Most of the people you are
teaching will wind up buying semi autos. Revolvers are just not nearly
as popular as they once were. Spending time teaching with a revolver is
a waste of time. Go right to the semi auto. Any .22 you use has little
recoil so there is no advantage to a big heavy revolver. Also you're
teaching beginners so great accuracy in your gun isn't that important
either.

Seven yard point shooting seems to be what needs to be learned. For newbies that
translates to front sight, press. You don't need 25 yard accuracy for defending one self
but it never hurts to be proficient at any discipline one takes up.

Revolvers such as the J frame S&W still have a place and are often carried instead of the
currently popular .380 acp autoloader. As often said, better a gun you have than a better
gun you don't have.

For some people, a revolver may be the safest option in the long run. Revolvers are
fairly simple things to understand, if the hammer is coming back, the cylinder is
rotating, something loud is going to happen. On the unloading front, all empty holes in
cylinder, it is unloaded. Neophytes get caught by that one round up the tube thus why
magazine safeties exist on some autoloaders.

For the record, I carry a 10+1 S&W M&P compact in .40. That with one spare mag is 21
rounds. What is the chance I'm ever going to have to fire one shot let alone 21?

A J frame though, is one my bucket list, that is often carried as backup.

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

rangerssuck wrote:

Why do you put the word steal in quotes? Do you somehow think that
makes it less bad?

If one doesn't lock down one's wireless router the current culture assumes it is an open
wifi point.

Needless to say, mine is locked down tight. With a static IP, I don't want any traffic
that isn't mine like some pedophile wardriving and using my connection. Besides, not
sharing is in my terms of service agreement.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Feb 7, 1:56*pm, rangerssuck wrote:

Why do you put the word steal in quotes? Do you somehow think that
makes it less bad?

So if I drive by the library and access the internet via their WiFi,
you think I am stealing?

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-02-07, Don Foreman wrote:

[ ... given that the OP needed revolvers for specific reasons ... ]

One advantage of revolvers is that they'll shoot any ammo that fits,
while some semiautos can be a bit picky. My Buckmark works great with
CCI hi-velocity but not so well with Golden Bullet. I don't think
I've found any ammo the Ruger Mk III doesn't like, but it's a bit
tricky to strip and clean.

I've not had problems with the Ruger Mk-I (long tapered barrel
target model) and Mk-II. (I own one of each.) It helps to have a loop
of leather to hook the lever which unlocks the whole thing, since that
can be a bit stiff on a new weapon.

Good trigger feel, and quite accurate -- at least as good as my
ability. :-)

But -- from experience with the Mk-I years ago -- don't over-oil
it -- in particular in the bolt where the sliding pin pushes on the
extractor. That excess oil makes the pin act as a dashpot, and launches
both the extractor and sometime the sliding pin too. I went through
several of the extractors and one extra pin before I discovered why I was
having the problems. :-)

It is interesting to download the current manuals for these
older ones, and compare them with what was printed when they were new.
In particular, compare the manual for the Mark-I to what came with mine
back in about 1964. :-) Lots of extra pages of warnings. Not much extra
useful information.

From reading about the Mk-III, I think that I would not like it,
since it appears to be necessary to have an empty magazine in the weapon
to be able to drop the hammer as a necessary first step in stripping.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Feb 7, 7:59*pm, " wrote:
On Feb 7, 1:56*pm, rangerssuck wrote:

Why do you put the word steal in quotes? Do you somehow think that
makes it less bad?

So if I drive by the library and access the internet via their WiFi,
you think I am stealing?

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Dan

That's not even close to the same thing, and I think you already know
that.

Also, it doesn't matter at all whether *I* think it's stealing, unless
I'm one of the 12 angry men on your jury. I posted a link to a
relevant California law.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Feb 7, 6:39*pm, Wes wrote:
rangerssuck wrote:
Why do you put the word steal in quotes? Do you somehow think that
makes it less bad?

If one doesn't lock down one's wireless router the current culture assumes it is an open
wifi point.

Needless to say, mine is locked down tight. *With a static IP, I don't want any traffic
that isn't mine like some pedophile wardriving and using my connection. *Besides, not
sharing is in my terms of service agreement.

Wes
in their eyes." *Dick Anthony Heller

Y'knowm Wes, for a guy who argues for strict interpretation of the
Constitution in regard to firearms, you play pretty fast & loose with
the law in this case. To carry your logic a step further...If I leave
my front door open, is that an invitation for you to walk right in and
help yourself to my belongings? How about if I leave a second-story
window open?

Damned right that not sharing is in your TOS. Just as it's in Gunner's
neighbor's TOS. Yet Gunner thinks (and you seem to agree) that it's
perfectly OK for Gunner to help himself to a service that neither
belongs nor is licensed to him. But it's OK with you because, what?
everybody does it?

For a guy who constantly quotes a security officer, I would have
thought that you would have had more respect for property rights.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I personally think that stealing wifi is a less bad offense, compared
to, say, stealing welding rod.

If wifi is completely unsecured, from my own ethical standpoint, I do
not consider it stealing at all. I know that the law may disagree with me.

If wifi is protected by WEP, I consider its use to be stealing, but
not as immoral form of stealing as taking a GPS from a car or some
such.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve B" wrote in message

"Tom Gardner" jskgs@gng wrote

If I could only have one firearm, it might very well be a 617.

I like this about revolvers. You can carry a rag, a rod, and a little oil and
solvent, and no matter what happens, you can clean it up quickly and it's good to
go. Sand, mud, snow, just a quick clean, and you're at least operational. Try that
with a semi. Revolvers came into existence for a reason, and dominated for a very
long time for a reason, and are still popular for a reason. But I guess there are
the short dicked crowd that still insist on 30 round magazines and big calibers.
And shoot once every two years. Most revolvers you can not drop a part from them
when you open them up. Try that when trying to clean a slide.

I have a Model 60, .357, 2" barrel on a Safariland paddle, and I love it.

Steve

I've noticed and pointed out to people how revolvers are making a huge comeback on TV
shows and at the movies. I personally believe that revolvers are easier to learn,
easier to clean, inherently more accurate, have far fewer problems in the clutch, will
eat just about any ammo, low-pressure cartridges are more forgiving and easier to
develop accurate loads for, and****I don't have to pick up brass! But, just like any
other tool, it's just silly to say "My screwdriver is better than yours 'cuz it's a
Philips!"

I have to teach both revolvers and semi-autos, students HAVE to know, test and shoot
both adequately. So far, I've seen a whole lot more problems with people unsafely
handling autos, especially those that "profess" to be proficient, those are the WORST!
When I taught my first class, I had a guy come up to me and whisper that he'd "help me
out" if I got in over my head. I thanked him and watched him like a hawk! Good thing
I did, I was going hoarse with: "Finger, Finger, Muzzle, Finger, Muzzle, Finger". I
had to grab his wrist twice and his shoulder once. And of course, his shooting sucked
and he said it was all due to the new ammo he bought.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
Hawke wrote:

[...]

I have a 442 J-frame and like it! I'm not conscious that it's even there anymore. So
far, I'm more accurate with it than my buds with their compact autoloaders. It seems
practice has something to do with it, but I'm not sure. Maybe the little revolver
just got more accurate with age.

I've been giving some thought to carrying a speedloader or at least some spare rounds.
Have you ever used the strip type loaders?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve B" wrote in message

"Tom Gardner" jskgs@gng wrote

[...]

I'd be afraid to shoot that Colt! Isn't it worth a small fortune? Sell it and buy a
vacation home AND a new boat!

Gunner's Status Don Foreman Metalworking 2 February 8th 09 08:07 AM
Gunner's Status Wes[_2_] Metalworking 0 February 1st 09 12:14 AM
Gunner's Status Stuart Fields Metalworking 0 January 31st 09 09:29 PM
Gunner's Status [email protected] Metalworking 1 January 31st 09 02:17 PM
Gunner's sig line KewlKiwi Metalworking 321 February 1st 06 07:23 PM