Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Gunner's Status

On Tue, 3 Feb 2009 20:23:10 -0800 (PST), Nicholas
wrote:

On Feb 3, 10:06*pm, wrote:
On Feb 3, 10:54*pm, Gunner Asch wrote:

My next of kin for the most part, has little interest in most of my gear
except financially, and after the wake has been paid for...there wont be
a hell of a lot of cash left to distribute. * Pipers and hookers cost a
lot when catering a good old fashion drunken everybody has a Really good
time wake.

Gunner

Damn, it's a rare moment when I think I shouldn't be a role model for
my children, but I'd sure like to attend your wake.

The bypass operation gunner just went through is going to give him
another 15 years to live. So don't hold your breath ;-)

Cites, please? Limited data I've seen would make that seem very
optimistic -- but then I'm told that recent research has found that 15
years might be quite realistic if the subject does "the right stuff"
re exercise, cholesterol control and no smokin'. Just recounting
what I've been told, not lookin' for an argument.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 03 Feb 2009 23:33:48 -0600, Don Foreman
wrote:

The bypass operation gunner just went through is going to give him
another 15 years to live. So don't hold your breath ;-)

Cites, please? Limited data I've seen would make that seem very
optimistic -- but then I'm told that recent research has found that 15
years might be quite realistic if the subject does "the right stuff"
re exercise, cholesterol control and no smokin'. Just recounting
what I've been told, not lookin' for an argument.

I was told that 20-30 was realistic,if I "did the right stuff"...which
Im doing. The dietary stuff is one of the hardest.

Try buying "good food" from fast food joints. When you find it, its in
small and very expensive portions, such as "fruit cups" and what not.

They pulled my staples Thursday (hence my absence) All 172 of them.

While I was prowling a second hand store in So. Cal last night....I
found an attachment for bicycles to turn them into stationary bikes. A
rear wheel frame/attachment and some sort of torgue converter that
applies variable resistance to the rear wheel using a fluid medium.

It appeared unused, and it appears to change resistance levels (spinning
the idler by hand) by manipulating the controls. Ill drag it out of the
truck tommorow and see exactly what I spent $10.99 on, and get one of
the bikes out of the shed and set it up. Since Im very limited on
upperbody exercise, the doctors suggested walking or stationary bike
riding until my sternum starts to heal.

Gunner

"Not so old as to need virgins to excite him,
nor old enough to have the patience to teach one."
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

The bypass operation gunner just went through is going to give him
another 15 years to live. So don't hold your breath ;-)

Cites, please? Limited data I've seen would make that seem very
optimistic -- but then I'm told that recent research has found that 15
years might be quite realistic if the subject does "the right stuff"
re exercise, cholesterol control and no smokin'. Just recounting
what I've been told, not lookin' for an argument.

I was told that 20-30 was realistic,if I "did the right stuff"...which
Im doing. The dietary stuff is one of the hardest.

Try buying "good food" from fast food joints. When you find it, its in
small and very expensive portions, such as "fruit cups" and what not.

That's true, and sex in a whorehouse can also be unduly expensive. So
go to grocery stores rather than fast food joints. It might take 10
minutes longer to gather a nice healthy lunch at a supermarket than it
does at a fast food joint. I'm not just talkin' metro supermarkets
either; it works at Tom's Food Pride in Starbuck, MN (population 1252)

Fresh fruit and produce must be readily available in California much
of the year, right? I can make a real nice lunch on the road from a
ciabatta roll, a packet of tuna or some sliced turkey, an apple and a
drink. Maybe a bag of sun chips. Matter of fact, I'm droolin' just
thinkin' about it: aforementioned picnic at the little rural range at
Morris MN on a nice day with nobody there but myself and sometimes
Marymelove, light breeze, several rifles and an ammo bag full of
experiments ... being retired and alive ain't all bad.

They pulled my staples Thursday (hence my absence) All 172 of them.

While I was prowling a second hand store in So. Cal last night....I
found an attachment for bicycles to turn them into stationary bikes. A
rear wheel frame/attachment and some sort of torgue converter that
applies variable resistance to the rear wheel using a fluid medium.

It appeared unused, and it appears to change resistance levels (spinning
the idler by hand) by manipulating the controls. Ill drag it out of the
truck tommorow and see exactly what I spent $10.99 on, and get one of
the bikes out of the shed and set it up. Since Im very limited on
upperbody exercise, the doctors suggested walking or stationary bike
riding until my sternum starts to heal.

Walking requires no equipment other than shoes, especially in your
climate. In your locale, recommended outdoor walking kit for a
recovering cardiac who might look like easy prey should probably
include shoes and a handgun, but you've got that covered. G Perhaps
the easy-onya (light recoil) Star BM 9mm for at least a while.

You could also rig a belt drive between a bicycle and a DCPM motor
(running as a generator) with variable shunt. You only need about 150
watts (1/5 HP) capacity. At first you'll only need about 40 to 50
watts. Even a fit competitive cyclist can't maintain 150 watts for
extended periods. I was doing about 50 watts during rehab last June.
I kidded the hospital staff that they were charging Medicare bigtime
to have me produce energy they probably sold to a third world country
.... Iowa.

Happy 67th birthday to me, by the way, thankyouverymuch. This one
is particularly sweet because I came so very close to missing it. I
reckon you can grok that, eh? G