Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Gunner's computer won't go on-line

"Steve B" wrote in message

"Tom Gardner" jskgs@gng wrote

If I could only have one firearm, it might very well be a 617.

I like this about revolvers. You can carry a rag, a rod, and a little oil and
solvent, and no matter what happens, you can clean it up quickly and it's good to
go. Sand, mud, snow, just a quick clean, and you're at least operational. Try that
with a semi. Revolvers came into existence for a reason, and dominated for a very
long time for a reason, and are still popular for a reason. But I guess there are
the short dicked crowd that still insist on 30 round magazines and big calibers.
And shoot once every two years. Most revolvers you can not drop a part from them
when you open them up. Try that when trying to clean a slide.

I have a Model 60, .357, 2" barrel on a Safariland paddle, and I love it.

Steve

I've noticed and pointed out to people how revolvers are making a huge comeback on TV
shows and at the movies. I personally believe that revolvers are easier to learn,
easier to clean, inherently more accurate, have far fewer problems in the clutch, will
eat just about any ammo, low-pressure cartridges are more forgiving and easier to
develop accurate loads for, and****I don't have to pick up brass! But, just like any
other tool, it's just silly to say "My screwdriver is better than yours 'cuz it's a
Philips!"

I have to teach both revolvers and semi-autos, students HAVE to know, test and shoot
both adequately. So far, I've seen a whole lot more problems with people unsafely
handling autos, especially those that "profess" to be proficient, those are the WORST!
When I taught my first class, I had a guy come up to me and whisper that he'd "help me
out" if I got in over my head. I thanked him and watched him like a hawk! Good thing
I did, I was going hoarse with: "Finger, Finger, Muzzle, Finger, Muzzle, Finger". I
had to grab his wrist twice and his shoulder once. And of course, his shooting sucked
and he said it was all due to the new ammo he bought.