Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Gunner's computer won't go on-line

"Tom Gardner" jskgs@gng wrote

It comes with a 6 or 10 shot cylinder in Al or SS cylinder...depending on
the dash number.

I see it as a big advantage to my students to start them with a heavy .22
that has very little recoil and a revolver is much simpler so they don't
get caught up in too many distracting actions. Also, loading is very
simple and straight forward, especially one round at a time. Then,
transition to low-power .38s in the same frame revolver assures a smooth
transition. And, those 617s are extremely accurate which makes it easy to
correct a new shooter, they quickly build confidence with success and it's
a big gun so it's easy for an instructor to maintain control of the gun
and the shooter. I've only been a Certified Instructor for a short time
and have a lot to learn. So far my students have all done well and have
all passed to become safe, competent shooters or CCW carriers and quite a
few have booked me as a coach on a continuing basis. Cost isn't an issue,
I'll be buying a few. My first day of teaching, I netted over $1k and
word of mouth has already got me over 15 referrals for this month plus
coaching time. The only student that I had problems with was because he
had a "Bubba-Big-Bore" mentality and thought he knew way more than he did.
I broke him and kind of used him as a bad example. A little knowledge is
a dangerous thing.

I own an old Colt Police Officer Special from the Chicago PD training
department, WITH original holster. It feels EXACTLY like the .38 standard
issue of that era. It was used for recruits that didn't have much or any
experience with a pistol. It is a very nice gun, and now I carry it with
snake shot when I'm in snake country. It is a lot of fun to shoot at
targets, too.

You know, some people think that anything they don't own is a POS. I must
admit to that, as that is my impression of the Desert Eagle. Other than
that, I'm pretty open minded.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.