Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Gunner's computer won't go on-line

"Steve B" wrote in message

"Tom Gardner" jskgs@gng wrote

It comes with a 6 or 10 shot cylinder in Al or SS cylinder...depending on the dash
number.

I see it as a big advantage to my students to start them with a heavy .22 that has
very little recoil and a revolver is much simpler so they don't get caught up in
too many distracting actions. Also, loading is very simple and straight forward,
especially one round at a time. Then, transition to low-power .38s in the same
frame revolver assures a smooth transition. And, those 617s are extremely accurate
which makes it easy to correct a new shooter, they quickly build confidence with
success and it's a big gun so it's easy for an instructor to maintain control of
the gun and the shooter. I've only been a Certified Instructor for a short time
and have a lot to learn. So far my students have all done well and have all passed
to become safe, competent shooters or CCW carriers and quite a few have booked me
as a coach on a continuing basis. Cost isn't an issue, I'll be buying a few. My
first day of teaching, I netted over $1k and word of mouth has already got me over
15 referrals for this month plus coaching time. The only student that I had
problems with was because he had a "Bubba-Big-Bore" mentality and thought he knew
way more than he did. I broke him and kind of used him as a bad example. A little
knowledge is a dangerous thing.

I own an old Colt Police Officer Special from the Chicago PD training department,
WITH original holster. It feels EXACTLY like the .38 standard issue of that era.
It was used for recruits that didn't have much or any experience with a pistol. It
is a very nice gun, and now I carry it with snake shot when I'm in snake country.
It is a lot of fun to shoot at targets, too.

You know, some people think that anything they don't own is a POS. I must admit to
that, as that is my impression of the Desert Eagle. Other than that, I'm pretty
open minded.

Steve

I'd be afraid to shoot that Colt! Isn't it worth a small fortune? Sell it and buy a
vacation home AND a new boat!