Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default Gunner's computer won't go on-line

On Feb 7, 6:39*pm, Wes wrote:
rangerssuck wrote:
Why do you put the word steal in quotes? Do you somehow think that
makes it less bad?

If one doesn't lock down one's wireless router the current culture assumes it is an open
wifi point.

Needless to say, mine is locked down tight. *With a static IP, I don't want any traffic
that isn't mine like some pedophile wardriving and using my connection. *Besides, not
sharing is in my terms of service agreement.

Wes
in their eyes." *Dick Anthony Heller

Y'knowm Wes, for a guy who argues for strict interpretation of the
Constitution in regard to firearms, you play pretty fast & loose with
the law in this case. To carry your logic a step further...If I leave
my front door open, is that an invitation for you to walk right in and
help yourself to my belongings? How about if I leave a second-story
window open?

Damned right that not sharing is in your TOS. Just as it's in Gunner's
neighbor's TOS. Yet Gunner thinks (and you seem to agree) that it's
perfectly OK for Gunner to help himself to a service that neither
belongs nor is licensed to him. But it's OK with you because, what?
everybody does it?

For a guy who constantly quotes a security officer, I would have
thought that you would have had more respect for property rights.