Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
KewlKiwi

Default Gunner's sig line

Clark Magnuson wrote:
4) Racist sexist males not only loose their jobs, but go to jail.

Where they will taught how to spell 'lose' correctly!

Sorry Clark, but that popular mistake really gets on my wick...

It's true that it's pronounced the same as 'loose' (in some countries),
but they are different words and are not spelt the same way.
-------
a href="http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/lose"lose/a
a href="http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/loose"loose/a
and see bottom of page http://andromeda.rutgers.edu/~jlynch/Writing/l.html
-------

I know, I know... 'can just hear people muttering 'bloody spelling
net-cop! but do you actually use the same word for both?
i.e. "Hang on to your wallet, dont lose it" versus "dropped a bunch of
balls and they are rolling around loose on the floor"

Metalwork is about precision, and it can't hurt for metalworkers to try
and be precise in their language as well.

Bob

p.s. Those balls rolling around loose on the floor were from a ball
bearing...metal content!
p.p.s Feel free to tell me to **** off - but I do feel better now I've
had a rant [grin]
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman

The aim of untold millions is to be free to do exactly as they choose
and for someone else to pay when things go wrong.

In the past few decades, a peculiar and distinctive psychology
has emerged in England. Gone are the civility, sturdy independence,
and admirable stoicism that carried the English through the war years
.. It has been replaced by a constant whine of excuses, complaints,
and special pleading. The collapse of the British character has been
as swift and complete as the collapse of British power.

Theodore Dalrymple,

===============

How different are we in the US? I think it's more a matter of
generation than of nationality.

Frivolous tort lawsuits, like the McDonald's hot coffee fiasco, don't
fly in the UK.

I spent part of a day as an observer in the Law Court in London, just
for the hell of it. Twining's is just across the street and I was
in the 'hood to glom a coupla kilos of assam long-cut tea. I love
that stuff. It is not tsk tsk tea. It brews black as coffee.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C.

Don Foreman wrote:

[...]

I don't think that sig is intended to just refer to the Brits. I also
don't think it has anything to do with generations either. It's a
function of a population group that has become more and more reliant on
a social services system and consequently incapable of taking care of
themselves.

The recent hurricanes have shown this quite clearly, particularly in
Florida where they had both seen what happened in New Orleans (and the
surrounding areas) and also had nearly a full week of warning and still
did absolutely nothing to prepare.

Many of those in Florida were elderly, but with a week warning they
still should have been able to request assistance evacuating either from
the state or their relatives or for that matter the management of some
of those retirement communities. Even those who specifically chose to
remain did nothing to prepare like filling a bathtub or containers with
water or insuring they had an adequate supply of their medication and a
way to keep it cool if needed.

Other groups of people of similar ages in different parts of the country
behave quite differently so it's not generational. People in say
VT/NH/ME understand the risks of winter storms and insure they have food
and wood for the wood stove in the event that they are snowed in and
without power for a week during a big storm.

Simple preparations that show self reliance and personal responsibility
which are completely lacking in varying segments of the population. In
my area the primary threats are grass fires and tornados and I'm making
plans and preparations to deal with those threats. I haven't been here
long enough to be fully prepared yet, but if something hits before I've
completed prep, I sure as hell won't be standing around whining for the
government to do something.

Pete C.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I think the major problem in the world today has to do with corporate
media controlling what people think................

This leads to things like the ridiculous "war on terror" engendereing
wide public support, and enables wide reaching imperialist adventures,
in pursuit of political and economic ends, in the process causing the
deaths of thousands more individuals

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Clark Magnuson

How different are we in the US?

American is shifting so far left, soon:
1) School books will be devoid of subject matter and just contain
integration pictures.
2) There will be no property rights.
3) There will be no right to keep and bear arms.
4) Racist sexist males not only loose their jobs, but go to jail.
5) Every guy will be a neutered lawyer, required by law to nightly
submit to corporal punishment from his temporary wife, who has a claim
on his future income.

How did we get here?
1) The liberal media and universities
2) The cowards way out when asked, "Do you wanna be a test case?" when
faced with anti armed white male capitalist injustice.

We are getting what we deserve for not fighting; subjugation and
humiliation.

--
Accidental creation should not be taught as a fact.
Intelligent creation should not be banned from teachings as

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Christopher Tidy

Don Foreman wrote:

How different are we in the US? I think it's more a matter of
generation than of nationality.

Frivolous tort lawsuits, like the McDonald's hot coffee fiasco, don't
fly in the UK.

We get a few. I can't bring one as frivolous as the hot coffee affair to
mind, though.

I spent part of a day as an observer in the Law Court in London, just
for the hell of it.

This is something I recommend to foreign visitors. Go to the Old Bailey
on Newgate Street. Hardly any tourists go, but it's a criminal court
which looks and operates much as it did in the 19th century. Only
serious cases are heard there, so you get to see top barristers versus
top criminals. If there's someone arrogant and indignant in the dock it
can be very engaging. No laughing allowed, though!

Chris

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee

snip
Frivolous tort lawsuits, like the McDonald's hot coffee fiasco, don't
fly in the UK.

We get a few. I can't bring one as frivolous as the hot coffee affair to
mind, though.

snip
By itself it appears this was a frivolous suit. However taken in
total as the latest in a series of accidents involving [too] hot
coffee, the verdict was justified, i.e. you are only allowed to
injure only so many people with your "safe" product before it
costs you. You also need to remember the number of people who
were injured by coffee sold in the cup and implicitly "ready to
drink," which was in fact scalding. This may have lead to
traffic accidents when the driver took a big swig.

Most of what are sold to the gullible people as frivolous suits
are in fact only the later ones in a of a series of incidents
that clearly demonstrate to the "reasonable prudent person" that
a hazards exists with their "safe" product/service in
normal/casual usage. This is compounded when obvious and low/no
cost remedies exist, i.e. turn down the f***ing temperature on
the coffee pot.

Other examples abound such as the successful suit brought against
the phone company when a person was injured in one of their phone
booths when a truck ran over it. If this was the first time this
had occurred at that particular location, I would be the first to
say "tough darts fella," however there had been a series of
accidents at that location with the phone booths repeatedly
destroyed. By repeatedly replacing the phone booth, the phone
company knowingly placed an "attractive nuisance" in a known
hazardous location that was likely to cause people to be there.
To the best of my knowledge it was never determined why that
particular phone booth was replaced so many times at that
location other than corporate inertia.

If corporations were more responsive/sensitative they wouldn't
need to be smacked in the chops to correct their products.

Another example is the brake interlock that is now included on
many cars with automatic transmissions. For what ever reason,
the physical locations of the brake and throttle pedals were
situated so that some people had difficulty in telling which one
their foot was on. [Most likely this was the reduction in the
height difference.] A series of accidents, with several tragic
deaths resulted. It was not until the car companies were
repeatedly sued and lost that the problem was addressed.

The problematique appears to arise because we are looking at and
evaluating one-time occurrences v. repeated incidents. The Prime
Minster's observation "We do not hang hose thieves so that they
may not steal horses, we hang horse thieves so that other men may
not steal horses" applies here.

Uncle George
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C.

"F. George McDuffee" wrote:

snip
Frivolous tort lawsuits, like the McDonald's hot coffee fiasco, don't
fly in the UK.

We get a few. I can't bring one as frivolous as the hot coffee affair to
mind, though.

snip
By itself it appears this was a frivolous suit. However taken in
total as the latest in a series of accidents involving [too] hot
coffee, the verdict was justified, i.e. you are only allowed to
injure only so many people with your "safe" product before it
costs you. You also need to remember the number of people who
were injured by coffee sold in the cup and implicitly "ready to
drink," which was in fact scalding. This may have lead to
traffic accidents when the driver took a big swig.

Wasn't said coffee heated to the temperature required by the local
health dept.?

Most of what are sold to the gullible people as frivolous suits
are in fact only the later ones in a of a series of incidents
that clearly demonstrate to the "reasonable prudent person" that
a hazards exists with their "safe" product/service in
normal/casual usage. This is compounded when obvious and low/no
cost remedies exist, i.e. turn down the f***ing temperature on
the coffee pot.

Turn down the temperature and get fined on your next health dept.
inspection?

Other examples abound such as the successful suit brought against
the phone company when a person was injured in one of their phone
booths when a truck ran over it. If this was the first time this
had occurred at that particular location, I would be the first to
say "tough darts fella," however there had been a series of
accidents at that location with the phone booths repeatedly
destroyed. By repeatedly replacing the phone booth, the phone
company knowingly placed an "attractive nuisance" in a known
hazardous location that was likely to cause people to be there.
To the best of my knowledge it was never determined why that
particular phone booth was replaced so many times at that
location other than corporate inertia.

Dunno, sounds like the municipality was at fault for not placing
adequate guard rails at a problematic location.

If corporations were more responsive/sensitative they wouldn't
need to be smacked in the chops to correct their products.

Another example is the brake interlock that is now included on
many cars with automatic transmissions. For what ever reason,
the physical locations of the brake and throttle pedals were
situated so that some people had difficulty in telling which one
their foot was on. [Most likely this was the reduction in the
height difference.] A series of accidents, with several tragic
deaths resulted. It was not until the car companies were
repeatedly sued and lost that the problem was addressed.

Gee, you'd think the sound of the redlining engine might have clued the
idiot drivers in to the fact that they had their foot on the wrong pedal
before they put the transmission in gear. If you can't tell which pedal
your foot is on, you do not belong in the drivers seat.

The problematique appears to arise because we are looking at and
evaluating one-time occurrences v. repeated incidents. The Prime
Minster's observation "We do not hang hose thieves so that they
may not steal horses, we hang horse thieves so that other men may
not steal horses" applies here.

Ok, hang the unqualified / irresponsible drivers so that others insure
they get proper training and pay proper attention. With your quote, it
would more correctly be hang the horses so that they can't be stolen.

Pete C.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Clark Magnuson

F. George McDuffee wrote:
You also need to remember the number of people who
were injured by coffee sold in the cup and implicitly "ready to
drink," which was in fact scalding.

I know that one squirts formula on the wrist from the baby bottle to
check temperature before serving it to a baby.

Are we a society that requires retailers to treat customers like babies?

Maybe so, Clinton said we need gun control now and didn't need it before
because we can no longer expect from an individual what we once could.

Should Mcdonalds be required to check your diaper too?
If lawyers are given the chance to destroy society, maybe that's next.

low/no
cost remedies exist, i.e. turn down the f***ing temperature on
the coffee pot.

Uncle George

"remedies"???
Is mcduffee-associates a lawyer thing?

You want alt.lawyers, this is rec.crafts.metalworking.
Clark

--
For choosing to fight, one gets the horrors or war, stress, and possibly
death.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug White

snip
Frivolous tort lawsuits, like the McDonald's hot coffee fiasco, don't
fly in the UK.

We get a few. I can't bring one as frivolous as the hot coffee affair to
mind, though.

snip
By itself it appears this was a frivolous suit. However taken in
total as the latest in a series of accidents involving [too] hot
coffee, the verdict was justified, i.e. you are only allowed to
injure only so many people with your "safe" product before it
costs you. snip

That doesn't explain the guy and his suit against the lawn mower company.
He lost his fingers when he picked up a running mower by the edges of
the deck to try to trim his hedge.

The biggest problem is that there is no longer any such thing as personal
reponsibility, and any time anything bad happens, it must be someone's
else's fault, preferably someone you can sue. The lawyers are largely
responsible for this attitude, because they make lots of money this way.
It's gotten to the point where parents are suing schools because little
Johnnie's grades aren't up to snuff. I think there are definitely
companies that need to be taken to task for irresponsible behavior, but
the attitude of most folks is that selling ANY product is irresponsible
in some fashion if it doesn't suit their fancy, or if they've found a new
& dangerous way to abuse it. The government tends to support this by
trying to regulate safety to a fare-thee-well. I work in the defense
industry, and folks are now having all sorts of meetings to make sure
that there will be no lead used in the next generation of our nuclear
missiles. Excuse me!!???

The next time you take an aspirin, thank the diety of your choice that
the stuff came on the market before all of the drug testing laws got put
on the books.

Doug White

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ted Bennett

Clark Magnuson wrote:

How different are we in the US?

American is shifting so far left, soon:
1) School books will be devoid of subject matter and just contain
integration pictures.
2) There will be no property rights.
3) There will be no right to keep and bear arms.
4) Racist sexist males not only loose their jobs, but go to jail.
5) Every guy will be a neutered lawyer, required by law to nightly
submit to corporal punishment from his temporary wife, who has a claim
on his future income.

How did we get here?
1) The liberal media and universities
2) The cowards way out when asked, "Do you wanna be a test case?" when
faced with anti armed white male capitalist injustice.

We are getting what we deserve for not fighting; subjugation and
humiliation.

American [sic] is shifting so far right, soon:
1) School books will be devoid of subject matter and just contain
Intelligent Design pictures.

Evidently you are feeling pressure because for being a "white male
capitalist". That's odd, because I could describe myself that way too,
and I don't feel all put out about it. Maybe it's that "racist, sexist"
thing that's giving you troubles.

--
Ted Bennett
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress

"Ted Bennett" wrote in message

American [sic] is shifting so far right, soon:
1) School books will be devoid of subject matter and just contain
Intelligent Design pictures.

I wanna see an Intelligent Design picture and explanation of a lamprey or an
African child with bilharzia parasites.

Either one should be quite a picture.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom

Ed Huntress wrote:

"Ted Bennett" wrote in message

American [sic] is shifting so far right, soon:
1) School books will be devoid of subject matter and just contain
Intelligent Design pictures.

I wanna see an Intelligent Design picture and explanation of a lamprey or an
African child with bilharzia parasites.

Either one should be quite a picture.

--
Ed Huntress

I just like to see my donation to the people of New Orleans
being used in a more egalitarian manner..

Tom
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jerry Foster

"Pete C." wrote in message
"F. George McDuffee" wrote:

snip
Frivolous tort lawsuits, like the McDonald's hot coffee fiasco, don't
fly in the UK.

We get a few. I can't bring one as frivolous as the hot coffee affair

mind, though.

snip
By itself it appears this was a frivolous suit. However taken in
total as the latest in a series of accidents involving [too] hot
coffee, the verdict was justified, i.e. you are only allowed to
injure only so many people with your "safe" product before it
costs you. You also need to remember the number of people who
were injured by coffee sold in the cup and implicitly "ready to
drink," which was in fact scalding. This may have lead to
traffic accidents when the driver took a big swig.

Wasn't said coffee heated to the temperature required by the local
health dept.?

rest of message snipped

As I recall reading, the local health inspector had, on more than one
occasion, warned McDonalds to turn down the temperature of the coffee before
someone got hurt. In any case, friends in the food business have told me
that the health codes generally require that hot foods be held at, as I
recall, at least 135 degrees. The McDonalds coffee was at something like
190 degrees. But, since this complied with the health code (exceeded it by
55 degrees...), the inspector couldn't, and didn't, cite them for it.

Jerry

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
tonyp

"Doug White" wrote

That doesn't explain the guy and his suit against
the lawn mower company.
He lost his fingers when he picked up a running mower
by the edges of the deck to try to trim his hedge.

Can you please point me to the source of this story?

I have googled and yahooed and cannot find anything that looks like an
original account of this lawsuit. Found lots of people who talk _about_ it.
But there were lots of people talking about the 12 "survivors" at Sago mine,
too. They were eager to believe in "miracles". You seem eager to believe
in "frivolous lawsuits".

Where, when, who? Which company? Got a case number?

-- TP

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

'Ectually`, the Brits have a pretty good method for
the discouragement of frivolous suits.
If the jury finds a suit frivolous, the plaintif must
pay the defendants 'costs`.
Perhaps this would bear emulation.
MadDog
PS Don - try lapsang soochong for SERIOUS tea.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

'Ectually`, the Brits have a pretty good method for
the discouragement of frivolous suits.
If the jury finds a suit frivolous, the plaintif must
pay the defendants 'costs`.
Perhaps this would bear emulation.
MadDog
PS Don - try lapsang soochong for a SERIOUS tea.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jim rozen

In article , Clark Magnuson says...

Maybe so, Clinton said we need gun control now and didn't need it before
because we can no longer expect from an individual what we once could.

And bush says we can dispense with the entire bill of rights because
we need the federal government to protect us from terrorists.

Jim

please reply to:
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Russ Kepler

Jerry Foster wrote:

As I recall reading, the local health inspector had, on more than one
occasion, warned McDonalds to turn down the temperature of the coffee before
someone got hurt. In any case, friends in the food business have told me
that the health codes generally require that hot foods be held at, as I
recall, at least 135 degrees. The McDonalds coffee was at something like
190 degrees. But, since this complied with the health code (exceeded it by
55 degrees...), the inspector couldn't, and didn't, cite them for it.

That's contrary to anything I've ever heard - and I live near the
McDonalds in question, a block away in fact. I'm going to *have* to ask
for any reputable cite referencing this - my suspicion is that you're
repeating stories.

BTW: virtually everyone here reported getting coffee out of their coffee
makers at temperatures ranging from 160 to 190 degrees. Any particular
reason to expect that McDonalds can boil water at a lower temperature?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Trevor Jones

KewlKiwi wrote:

Clark Magnuson wrote:
[...]

So I'm not the only one that bothers.

rant mode on

IT'S THE FREAKING INTERNET! SPELLING MATTERS!

rant off

But you have to imagine the look on some poor foot soldier when he got
told to "Lose the dogs of war!" :-)

Cheers
Trevor Jones

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Clark Magnuson

jim rozen wrote:

In article , Clark Magnuson says...

Maybe so, Clinton said we need gun control now and didn't need it before
because we can no longer expect from an individual what we once could.

And bush says we can dispense with the entire bill of rights because
we need the federal government to protect us from terrorists.

Jim

Jim, I take it you don't fill out form 4473 very often.
Rights?
HA!

Complaining to a gun nut [after what Bush 41 and Clinton did to us]
about the Patriot act is like complaining to a homeless person that you
can't find good servants.

Read the bill of rights.
30,000 state and federal gun control laws are in some way infringing.
It started with the new deal supreme court saying we didn't need a sawed
off shotgun to form a militia.

Rights?
HA!

Then the camel had it's nose in the tent.

And now the supremes tell us that "no cruel or unreasonable punishment"
implied a right to privacy, which implied that no state can pass an
abortion law.

Hitler could have made up better excuses than that.

Does the law mean nothing?
No, it means what ever liberals feel it should mean.

Rights?
Ha!
--
For choosing to fight, one gets the horrors or war, stress, and possibly
death.
For choosing not to fight, one gets subjugation, humiliation, and
possibly death.
Choose your fights carefully.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Clark Magnuson

I just like to see my donation to the people of New Orleans
being used in a more egalitarian manner..

Tom

The only person I know who took 2 weeks vacation and went to New Orleans
to volenteer, was an ultra right wing Christian.

--
For choosing to fight, one gets the horrors or war, stress, and possibly
death.
For choosing not to fight, one gets subjugation, humiliation, and
possibly death.
Choose your fights carefully.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom

Clark Magnuson wrote:

I just like to see my donation to the people of New Orleans
being used in a more egalitarian manner..

Tom

The only person I know who took 2 weeks vacation and went to New Orleans
to volenteer, was an ultra right wing Christian.

Somehow I wasn't thinking of a klansman going
to the aid of those in need..

Tom
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jeff R

"Trevor Jones" wrote in message
KewlKiwi wrote:

Clark Magnuson wrote:
4) Racist sexist males not only loose their jobs, but go to jail.

Where they will taught how to spell 'lose' correctly!

So I'm not the only one that bothers.

rant mode on

IT'S THE FREAKING INTERNET! SPELLING MATTERS!

rant off

But you have to imagine the look on some poor foot soldier when he got
told to "Lose the dogs of war!" :-)

Cheers
Trevor Jones

Ooooh! I am definately with you their. I loose my patients with the
alternate spellings used on so many web sights. That, and errant
apostrophe's.

My fulsome thankyou's to you.

--
Jeff R.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 20:48:12 -0800, Clark Magnuson
wrote:

I just like to see my donation to the people of New Orleans
being used in a more egalitarian manner..

Tom

The only person I know who took 2 weeks vacation and went to New Orleans
to volenteer, was an ultra right wing Christian.

A couple truckloads of right wing rednecks quit their jobs here in the
oilfields, took out a loan and trucked supplies and some used RVs down
there

Gunner

The aim of untold millions is to be free to do exactly as they choose
and for someone else to pay when things go wrong.

In the past few decades, a peculiar and distinctive psychology
has emerged in England. Gone are the civility, sturdy independence,
and admirable stoicism that carried the English through the war years
.. It has been replaced by a constant whine of excuses, complaints,
and special pleading. The collapse of the British character has been
as swift and complete as the collapse of British power.

Theodore Dalrymple,

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

On Mon, 09 Jan 2006 18:34:32 +1300, Tom wrote:

Clark Magnuson wrote:

I just like to see my donation to the people of New Orleans
being used in a more egalitarian manner..

Tom

The only person I know who took 2 weeks vacation and went to New Orleans
to volenteer, was an ultra right wing Christian.

Somehow I wasn't thinking of a klansman going
to the aid of those in need..

Tom

You know any? I dont.

Gunner

The aim of untold millions is to be free to do exactly as they choose
and for someone else to pay when things go wrong.

In the past few decades, a peculiar and distinctive psychology
has emerged in England. Gone are the civility, sturdy independence,
and admirable stoicism that carried the English through the war years
.. It has been replaced by a constant whine of excuses, complaints,
and special pleading. The collapse of the British character has been
as swift and complete as the collapse of British power.

Theodore Dalrymple,
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

On 8 Jan 2006 16:52:28 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Clark Magnuson says...

Maybe so, Clinton said we need gun control now and didn't need it before
because we can no longer expect from an individual what we once could.

And bush says we can dispense with the entire bill of rights because
we need the federal government to protect us from terrorists.

Jim

Got cites, or is this another claim you pulled out of your ass again?

Gunner

The aim of untold millions is to be free to do exactly as they choose
and for someone else to pay when things go wrong.

In the past few decades, a peculiar and distinctive psychology
has emerged in England. Gone are the civility, sturdy independence,
and admirable stoicism that carried the English through the war years
.. It has been replaced by a constant whine of excuses, complaints,
and special pleading. The collapse of the British character has been
as swift and complete as the collapse of British power.

Theodore Dalrymple,
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom

wrote:

I just like to see my donation to the people of New Orleans
being used in a more egalitarian manner..

Tom

The only person I know who took 2 weeks vacation and went to New Orleans
to volenteer, was an ultra right wing Christian.

A couple truckloads of right wing rednecks quit their jobs here in the
oilfields, took out a loan and trucked supplies and some used RVs down
there

Gunner

Yeah? A right wing president flew down there and promised the earth,
but it appears only to those of the right wing persausion.

Tom
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

wrote:

I just like to see my donation to the people of New Orleans
being used in a more egalitarian manner..

Tom

The only person I know who took 2 weeks vacation and went to New Orleans
to volenteer, was an ultra right wing Christian.

A couple truckloads of right wing rednecks quit their jobs here in the
oilfields, took out a loan and trucked supplies and some used RVs down
there

Gunner

Yeah? A right wing president flew down there and promised the earth,
but it appears only to those of the right wing persausion.

Tom

So all those Dems are still sitting in the mud in ruined housings,
starved to death by those Evil Republicans?

http://www.fema.gov/news/newsrelease.fema?id=20609

Please back up your claims, or admit you shat them from your ass, as
usual.

Read this?

http://news.bostonherald.com/localRe...format=&page=1
http://www.courant.com/business/hc-g...lines-business
http://www.nola.com/news/t-p/frontpa...0278275970.xml

Now why not go back to your sheep and post about something you
actually have a clue about? Btw...how DO you keep lingere on sheep?
Velco? Inquiring minds want to know.

Gunner

The aim of untold millions is to be free to do exactly as they choose
and for someone else to pay when things go wrong.

In the past few decades, a peculiar and distinctive psychology
has emerged in England. Gone are the civility, sturdy independence,
and admirable stoicism that carried the English through the war years
.. It has been replaced by a constant whine of excuses, complaints,
and special pleading. The collapse of the British character has been
as swift and complete as the collapse of British power.

Theodore Dalrymple,
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom

wrote:

I just like to see my donation to the people of New Orleans
being used in a more egalitarian manner..

Tom

The only person I know who took 2 weeks vacation and went to New Orleans
to volenteer, was an ultra right wing Christian.

A couple truckloads of right wing rednecks quit their jobs here in the
oilfields, took out a loan and trucked supplies and some used RVs down
there

Gunner

Yeah? A right wing president flew down there and promised the earth,
but it appears only to those of the right wing persausion.

Tom

So all those Dems are still sitting in the mud in ruined housings,
starved to death by those Evil Republicans?

http://www.fema.gov/news/newsrelease.fema?id=20609

Gunner

FEMA? Yeah right! Everyone knows what a slapup job they've
been doing! Except Dummer perhaps.

Tom

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
pyotr filipivich

You take one lousy week off to join Thorax at the Elvis concert, and this
is what happens: Gunner writes on Mon, 09 Jan 2006
11:42:31 GMT in rec.crafts.metalworking :
wrote:

In article , Clark Magnuson says...

Maybe so, Clinton said we need gun control now and didn't need it before
because we can no longer expect from an individual what we once could.

And bush says we can dispense with the entire bill of rights because
we need the federal government to protect us from terrorists.

Jim

Got cites, or is this another claim you pulled out of your ass again?

It was interesting to note, that within hours of the Hurricane hitting
Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama, the right wing talk shows were full of
exhortations to donate, information one where to donate, where to
volunteer, etc. But the left went straight to blaming Bush for not being
omnipotent enough to steer the hurricane.

As was pointed out, in another context, Mother Teresa and her group,
were too busy doing good to hate. Whereas the Cindy Sheehans and Michael
Moores are too busy hating, to do anything.

tschus
pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich
Any entity big enough to meet your needs,
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jim rozen

In article , pyotr filipivich
says...

It was interesting to note, that within hours of the Hurricane hitting
Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama, the right wing talk shows were full of
exhortations to donate, information one where to donate, where to
volunteer, etc. But the left went straight to blaming Bush for not being
omnipotent enough to steer the hurricane.

And within minutes of the news that the president was busy
breaking the law by wiretapping US citizens with the NSA,
about 12 thousand right wingers joined together in a single
chant: "We Don't Need That Amendment."

Then they all joined in to a rousing chorus of "in bush we trust."

Jim

please reply to:
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jim rozen

In article , Clark Magnuson says...

Read the bill of rights.

Your bill of rights (yep, including your precious second)
is now toilet paper, by executive order. Too bad, turn
in your guns Clark. If they can repeal the fourth, they
can repeal the second.

Jim

please reply to:
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

wrote:

[...]

Cites Tommy..cites. While you are at it...please answer the questions
you snipped out of the post you are replying to.

Including the one about how you personally keep a french maids outfit
on a sheep.

Gunner

The aim of untold millions is to be free to do exactly as they choose
and for someone else to pay when things go wrong.

In the past few decades, a peculiar and distinctive psychology
has emerged in England. Gone are the civility, sturdy independence,
and admirable stoicism that carried the English through the war years
.. It has been replaced by a constant whine of excuses, complaints,
and special pleading. The collapse of the British character has been
as swift and complete as the collapse of British power.

Theodore Dalrymple,
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Martin H. Eastburn

Yea - the rest have their heads stuck in the mud!

Martin
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH & Endowment Member

wrote:

I just like to see my donation to the people of New Orleans
being used in a more egalitarian manner..

Tom

The only person I know who took 2 weeks vacation and went to New Orleans
to volenteer, was an ultra right wing Christian.

A couple truckloads of right wing rednecks quit their jobs here in the
oilfields, took out a loan and trucked supplies and some used RVs down
there

Gunner

Yeah? A right wing president flew down there and promised the earth,
but it appears only to those of the right wing persausion.

Tom

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce L. Bergman

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 19:46:25 -0700, Russ Kepler
wrote:
Jerry Foster wrote:

As I recall reading, the local health inspector had, on more than one
occasion, warned McDonalds to turn down the temperature of the coffee before
someone got hurt. In any case, friends in the food business have told me
that the health codes generally require that hot foods be held at, as I
recall, at least 135 degrees. The McDonalds coffee was at something like
190 degrees. But, since this complied with the health code (exceeded it by
55 degrees...), the inspector couldn't, and didn't, cite them for it.

Food holding must be below 40 F or above 140 F, with a pile of
exceptions that I'm not going to even try memorizing.

That's contrary to anything I've ever heard - and I live near the
McDonalds in question, a block away in fact. I'm going to *have* to ask
for any reputable cite referencing this - my suspicion is that you're
repeating stories.

BTW: virtually everyone here reported getting coffee out of their coffee
makers at temperatures ranging from 160 to 190 degrees. Any particular
reason to expect that McDonalds can boil water at a lower temperature?

Water boils at the local altitude's temperature, that's physics that
Mickey Dees has no control over... ;-P

But the average Bunn-O-Matic style drip brewer doesn't run an open
boiler, they run a pressure regulator and a timer system to run the
water through the heating element 'boiler' at a certain GPH rate, and
this can vary the "boiling" brewing temperature. I'll bet the end
product is better if you get the water as hot as practical - or they
might be boosting the temperature to get maximum yield from each
filter basket of grounds. But either way I've never done the
research.

Then there are the design decisions of the machine's filter basket
system for controlling heat loss, and the wattage of the warming
heaters under the brewed coffee pots (or storage containers for the
ones that dispense from a faucet). These variables are controlled
during machine manufacture.

And after all that, Darwin's Law still should trump all. Man or
Woman, if you are stupid enough to try holding a crushable Styrofoam
or coated paper cup of steaming hot coffee with an easy-to-pop-off
plastic lid between your legs, you almost deserve whatever may happen.

Even drinking a cup of very hot coffee in a confined space like a
moving automobile you are driving or riding in is both potentially
hazardous and totally foreseeable, since if you spill you cannot take
immediate measures to keep your Jewels from cooking. You can't stand
up and pull the steaming clothes away from the affected body parts -
it can take you 30 seconds or longer to pull to the side and come to a
safe stop, and by then it's a moot point. And you most likely don't
have immediate access to ice or cold water to 'put out the fire' -
plus it's very hard on the upholstery and electronics.

-- Bruce --

Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Martin H. Eastburn

And the first.
The second is the only one that protects the other ones!
Martin
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH & Endowment Member

jim rozen wrote:
In article , Clark Magnuson says...

Read the bill of rights.

Your bill of rights (yep, including your precious second)
is now toilet paper, by executive order. Too bad, turn
in your guns Clark. If they can repeal the fourth, they
can repeal the second.

Jim

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke

"Pete C." wrote in message
Don Foreman wrote:

[...]

Famous last words!

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke

Clark Magnuson wrote:

[...]

And maybe the reason that you're not bothered is because you are not a musty
old white male Republican. Times change, the world changes, people change,
conservatives hate that. Things aren't what they used to be and that is fine
with me. All I'm hearing is a bunch of complaining from people that are too
set in their ways to change with the times. When I hear this stuff all I can
think of saying is FEA.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke

wrote:

[...]

Ha, Ha, that's a good one. Gunner needs cites to know that FEMA ****ed
things up after Katrina. What an a-hole.

Hawke