Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default Gunner's computer won't go on-line

On Sun, 06 Feb 2011 16:17:44 -0800, Hawke
wrote:

I know a number of people who use .22s for all kinds of different
reasons. Some hunt squirrels and actually eat them. I know, I was
shocked when a guy told me that. They hunt rabbits for food too. People
compete in bullseye leagues for competition. And yes, sometime people
just like to fool around shooting a .22 pistol for the hell of it. So
there are a number of reasons why people like them.

I'm just saying the 617 is a huge revolver and to chamber it in .22 is a
bit of a joke. I hear the same thing said about Beretta 92s. That's a
huge gun for 9mm. In the case of the 617 I agree. It's just way too big
for the caliber. If someone wants one just to mess with who am I to
complain? It's their choice. But I am saying there are far better
choices out there if you want a .22. A lot less costly ones too.

Hawke

One advantage of revolvers is that they'll shoot any ammo that fits,
while some semiautos can be a bit picky. My Buckmark works great with
CCI hi-velocity but not so well with Golden Bullet. I don't think
I've found any ammo the Ruger Mk III doesn't like, but it's a bit
tricky to strip and clean.

The Ruger Mark III standard with 6" barrel weighs 37 oz, the 17 with
6" bbl is 40 oz. The Mark III hunter with bull barrel is actually 1
oz heavier than the revolver.

The Walther P22 is fun but not particularly accurate. I don't own one
but a friend does and I get to shoot it now and then.

An advantage to longer-barrelled handguns is that beginners have less
trouble learning to keep them aimed DOWNRANGE AT ALL TIMES and it's
easier for an instructor or coach to spot errors.

Ladies with low-cut blouses should not shoot Walther P22s, which can
eject hot brass almost straight up and a little to the rear. True
story!