Gunner

Default O.T. follow up on Mr. Gunner's comment

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 20:47:32 GMT, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

Frankly, Gunner, I don't think you would recognize most argumentive flaws.
There is no flaw in what I said above. Your tirades, such as the silly sig
you're using now, are indeed dismissive and irredeemably sarcastic and
biting. You're so blinded by your emotional distress that you've thoroughly
demonized anyone who you regard as leftist.

ROFLMAO! So tell me Siggy old boy..why do I hold child molesters in
such distain and dislike? Is it perhaps some emotional distress over
losing a pet puppy to a dog catcher in my past life minus 2?

Ed.... I LIKE baiting the Left. I enjoy demonizing and roasting and
watching their skurvy carcasses twisting in the wind from a rotting
rope. Its a charector flaw, perhaps..but what better target?

That isn't the behavior of a "reasonable, logical" person, such as you claim
to be. That's the behavior of someone so frustrated that he's half-blind
with rage.

No..its the behavior of one who enjoys, finally having the shoe on the
other foot after 40 yrs of enduring the same crap from them. Payback is
a bitch.

As for what liberals have done to your country, they protected for you free
speech, the right to a fair trial uncoerced by police and prosecutors, the
right to vote, and a few other things that the conservatives of their day
would have denied you.

Some have, some have made it worse. Some conservatives have made it
better, some worse. Shrug. Got a crystal ball in your pocket?

"Your country," which also is my country, and that of everyone else who
lives here, has been shaped by ideas from both sides of the political
spectrum. You and I and everyone else here has benefitted from the debate
and synthesis of ideas, not from the program of one side or the other. The
history of it is unequivocal.

Ed Huntress

True..but not all of the practical applications in the past 40 yrs were
positive. The Great Society created at least 2 generations of slaves and
parasites, as a Single example. And that was the creation of one side...
The other vast numbers of Frankenstien monsters we endure today are
primarily the creation of the Left..and for that, I cannot forgive them.

Gunner

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton
Gunner

On 18 Dec 2003 13:55:39 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

Search and siezure for one. Nobody can go on a Homeland Hunting
Mission to investigate what arms gunner has stashed in his house,
because of that bill of rights thing. And it *ain't* the
second amendment that does that!! And yet ashcroft tries
to degrade that exact protection, and nary a peep from gunner.

But they can go on a Its for the Children raid and bbq 80+ men women and
children without invoking Homeland Security. Need a memory jog?

Gunner

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton
Gunner

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 21:29:33 GMT, Marv Soloff
wrote:

Still, with the amount of bombast, steam, farting, etc the Committee
generated, McCarthy accomplished virtually nothing. In fact, the
kingpin, the leader of all the "atomic spies" went to England where,
after a discreet period of time and much good physics he was granted a
knighthood. Let's face it, Gunner, McCarthy was a clown and a dangerous
one at that. The Conservatives are doing themselves a disservice even
being remotely associated with Joe McCarthy. Better you should use
Ronald Reagan as a role model (I didn't know... nobody told me...I
wasn't there...etc.).

Regards,

Marv

Quite true. Now please point out the folks from the other side of the
asle whom were ferreting out the communists?

Gunner

Gunner wrote:
On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 12:24:48 GMT, Marv Soloff
wrote:

Sure he was right. At that time, saying someone was a Communist or had
Communist leanings was like saying they were left-handed or that the
Pope was Catholic. McCarthy was an asshole, a scumbag, a (insert slur of
your choice here). He did much, much damage to this country and to many,
many innocent people. For what - two very low level fellow travelers?
Is this the model of a Right wing, Fellow Ammurican, Conservative hero?
C'mon, Gunner, you know better than that.
Regards,

Marv

Marv..you seem to miss the point that while I agree with much of your
description of Joe M....he was correct and no..in those times..being a
communist was not the same as being left handed..else claiming someone
was..would not have resulted in many innocent people being harmed.
Correct?

We were in the intitial stages of the Cold War..when bombers were
actually poised. The Rosenthals had been executed..etc etc.

Because the moles were well placed..reflects on the inability to ferret
them out..not that his claims were surious.

Gunner

Gunner wrote:

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 08:09:40 GMT, Marv Soloff
wrote:

According to a recent BBC/NOVA program, the Soviets admitted to some 325
"agents" working in the US Government during the McCarthy probe years.
McCarthy nailed exactly two (count 'em). He could have done better by
posting the names and throwing darts at the lists.

Regards,

Marv

Yup. But he was indeed correct..that there were Commies in the wood
pile, was he not?

Gunner

Ed Huntress wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
news:jnbstv0eesgk9ae1kv1a3tl9askdrmm7tb@4ax. com...

Recent releases of Soviet documents have shown that there were indeed
a great number of clandistine Communist activists among those
blacklisted. Jumping Joe McCarthy was an oportunistic clod..but as it
turns out, he was indeed correct in far more cases than previously
accepted. People who did provide aid, information etc to the
Soviets. Do the websearches on this fascinating topic. Its rather
moot now, as the USSR is kaput..but those individuals in many cases
are still alive.

SNIP

" ..The world has gone crazy. Guess I'm showing my age...
I think it dates from when we started looking at virtues
as funny. It's embarrassing to speak of honor, integrity,
bravery, patriotism, 'doing the right thing', charity,
fairness. You have Seinfeld making cowardice an acceptable
choice; our politicians changing positions of honor with
every poll; we laugh at servicemen and patriotic fervor; we
accept corruption in our police and bias in our judges; we
kill our children, and wonder why they have no respect for
Life. We deny children their childhood and innocence- and
then we denigrate being a Man, as opposed to a 'person'. We
*assume* that anyone with a weapon will use it against his
fellowman- if only he has the chance. Nah; in our agitation
to keep the State out of the church business, we've
destroyed our value system and replaced it with *nothing*.
Turns my stomach- " Chas , rec.knives

1. Lie

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton
Gunner

On 18 Dec 2003 13:45:09 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Marv Soloff says...

Still, with the amount of bombast, steam, farting, etc the Committee
generated, McCarthy accomplished virtually nothing.

And desecrated the constitution while doing so.

Jim

Cites?

Gunner

================================================= =
please reply to:
================================================= =

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton
Gunner

Default They got the son of a bitch! Saddam Captured in Takrit!!!

On 18 Dec 2003 13:32:55 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

The folks who lost their jobs voted for Clinton & Co. Which is why they
voted in Bush as a hopeful better replacement. Seems that so far their
faith has not been in vain.

They're still out of work though. Quickest way
to manufacture a democrat is to pink-slip a republican.

Jim

Chuckle..not even true in the slightest sense.

The quickest way to manufacture a Republican is to mug a Democrat.

Gunner

================================================= =
please reply to:
================================================= =

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton

Gunner

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 18:05:57 -0800, "Ken Davey"
wrote:

Gunner wrote:
The folks who lost their jobs voted for Clinton & Co. Which is why
they voted in Bush as a hopeful better replacement. Seems that so far
their faith has not been in vain.

Gunner

If your idea of a job is directing traffic in Bagdad in full body armor -
yup. (G).
Ken.

Seen the GDP stats yet?

Gunner

1. Lie

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton
Ed Huntress

"Gunner" wrote in message

ROFLMAO! So tell me Siggy old boy..why do I hold child molesters in
such distain and dislike? Is it perhaps some emotional distress over
losing a pet puppy to a dog catcher in my past life minus 2?

If you treated child molestors the way you treat the left, people would
rightly assume you are insane, incapable of telling a joke from a tragedy,
or a real person from your fantasies.

Ed.... I LIKE baiting the Left. I enjoy demonizing and roasting and
watching their skurvy carcasses twisting in the wind from a rotting
rope. Its a charector flaw, perhaps..but what better target?

Demonizing people who have different political views is indeed a flaw. The
result of acting it out is that, eventually, no one takes seriously anything
you say.

--
Ed Huntress
(remove "3" from email address for email reply)

Dale Scroggins

Gunner wrote:

Quite true. Now please point out the folks from the other side of the
asle whom were ferreting out the communists?

Gunner

John L. McClellan, Henry M. Jackson, Stuart Symington. They took a
little break from the subcommittee from July 10, 1953 to January 25,
1954. Read up on these guys before you start slapping labels on them,
Gunner.

Dale Scroggins

Ken Davey

Seen the GDP stats yet?

War expenditures included in those?

Larry Jaques

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 04:00:22 GMT, Gunner
brought forth from the murky depths:

wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

The folks who lost their jobs voted for Clinton & Co. Which is why they
voted in Bush as a hopeful better replacement. Seems that so far their
faith has not been in vain.

They're still out of work though. Quickest way
to manufacture a democrat is to pink-slip a republican.

Jim

Chuckle..not even true in the slightest sense.

The quickest way to manufacture a Republican is to mug a Democrat.

Both are probably true and both results are worth flushing.
Vote independent! Shun DEMs and REPs, two of the most corrupt
political parties in the world!

Save the + http://www.diversify.com
Endangered SKEETS! + Web Application Programming

jim rozen

In article , Gunner says...

Quickest way
to manufacture a democrat is to pink-slip a republican.

Chuckle..not even true in the slightest sense.

Well, I understand that's your personal, emotional
*feeling*.

Jim

please reply to:

wallster

The folks who lost their jobs voted for Clinton & Co. Which is why they
voted in Bush as a hopeful better replacement. Seems that so far their
faith has not been in vain.

Gunner

1. Lie

On November 7, 2000, Americans held an election to determine who would
be the next President of the United States. The four biggest vote
getters were Democratic candidate Al Gore with 50.16 million votes,
Republican candidate George W. Bush with 49.82 million votes, Green
Party candidate Ralph Nader with 2.78 million votes, and Reform Party
candidate Pat Buchanan with 0.45 million votes. If Americans had
chosen their President based on who got the most votes nationwide, Al
Gore would have been elected.
Instead, Americans choose their President based on who wins the
electoral college. So technically they voted in Gore. Ironic that you
point out the lies of the left when the only crucial discrepancy in
votes happened to take place in a state where Bush's brother was the
Govenor. What a coincidence!

walt
jim rozen

In article , wallster says...

Instead, Americans choose their President based on who wins the
electoral college.

THis has always been the case. HOnestly I am sure glad
GWB got elected because otherwise the economic situation
would have been pinned on the democrats. Right now
there's nobody else to blame, no matter how much
fancy-pants dancing they do.

Jim

please reply to:

Abrasha

Gunner wrote:

Seen the GDP stats yet?

Gunner

What does that have to do with anything? You still live in a dump next to a
pile of junky machine tools, make $20,000 a year and can't afford a dentist.
Doesn't look like the GDP has done you any good, yet you are thankful to that
intellectual lightweight and his cronies in Washington.

Strangely, you are more conservative than the most conservative Republican I
have ever encountered. Go figure. You are even wackier, and nuttier than
Michael Jackson. You should try and sell the movie rights to your life. Might
make a buck or two.

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com
Gunner

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 04:30:57 GMT, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .

ROFLMAO! So tell me Siggy old boy..why do I hold child molesters in
such distain and dislike? Is it perhaps some emotional distress over
losing a pet puppy to a dog catcher in my past life minus 2?

If you treated child molestors the way you treat the left, people would
rightly assume you are insane, incapable of telling a joke from a tragedy,
or a real person from your fantasies.

Blink, blink..try that again , a little slower....

Ed.... I LIKE baiting the Left. I enjoy demonizing and roasting and
watching their skurvy carcasses twisting in the wind from a rotting
rope. Its a charector flaw, perhaps..but what better target?

Demonizing people who have different political views is indeed a flaw. The
result of acting it out is that, eventually, no one takes seriously anything
you say.

So it was not ok to demonize the Soviets, or the Taliban? Or perhaps
the Germans of 1944? The Ensatzgruppen were just a bunch of
misunderstood hapless individuals. Correct?
Mommar Kaddafie Duck is really a fine fellow?

Gunner

[...]

Gunner

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 06:12:05 GMT, Dale Scroggins
wrote:

Gunner wrote:

Quite true. Now please point out the folks from the other side of the
asle whom were ferreting out the communists?

Gunner

John L. McClellan, Henry M. Jackson, Stuart Symington. They took a
little break from the subcommittee from July 10, 1953 to January 25,
1954. Read up on these guys before you start slapping labels on them,
Gunner.

Dale Scroggins

Three? A whole three? wow..Im underwhelmed

Gunner

[...]
Gunner

wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

The folks who lost their jobs voted for Clinton & Co. Which is why they
voted in Bush as a hopeful better replacement. Seems that so far their
faith has not been in vain.

They're still out of work though. Quickest way
to manufacture a democrat is to pink-slip a republican.

Jim

Chuckle..not even true in the slightest sense.

The quickest way to manufacture a Republican is to mug a Democrat.

Both are probably true and both results are worth flushing.
Vote independent! Shun DEMs and REPs, two of the most corrupt
political parties in the world!

Given the current crop of Independent Candidates....Id just as soon
vote for either a Dem or a Repub, for the most part.
Most..not all..but most Indys are nutjobs of the first water.
At least with a Dem or Repub, you know generally what you are getting
and dont have to worry about your candidate being committed.
Indicted yes... G

Gunner

================================================= =========
[...]

Gunner

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 22:14:09 -0800, "Ken Davey"
wrote:

Seen the GDP stats yet?

War expenditures included in those?

Dont know. Are they?

Gunner

[...]
Gunner

On 19 Dec 2003 11:33:39 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

Quickest way
to manufacture a democrat is to pink-slip a republican.

Chuckle..not even true in the slightest sense.

Well, I understand that's your personal, emotional
*feeling*.

Jim

Ever see me start off a sentence with "I feel..."?

Chuckle..only when hell freezes over.

Gunner

[...]
Gunner

On 19 Dec 2003 15:01:02 -0800, (wallster) wrote:

[...]

If you dont like the Electoral College form of elections, and choose
to forget that all other Democrat winners were also picked by the same
method..feel free to change it.

I take it you were refering to Florida, where the Dems attempted to
corrupt an election, and got their fingers slapped? The one with a
Democrat elections commission? That place? The one where the Democrat
State Supreme Court got their asses handed to them by SCOTUS?

Are you Sure you really want to go there? EG

Sore/Loserman 2000

Gunner

walt

[...]

Gunner

On 19 Dec 2003 17:05:08 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , wallster says...

Instead, Americans choose their President based on who wins the
electoral college.

THis has always been the case. HOnestly I am sure glad
GWB got elected because otherwise the economic situation
would have been pinned on the democrats. Right now
there's nobody else to blame, no matter how much
fancy-pants dancing they do.

Jim

It is blamed on the Democrats. I constantly hear Dems mentioning that
the Slickmeister gave us uprecidented prosperity (even if he rode in
on Reagans economy) for the 8 yrs he was in orfice. If this is
true..then its obvious that he is also responsible for the recession.
It started on his watch, so it must be his fault. Correct? Just like
9-11 was Bush's fault. Correct?

Think REALLY hard before answering either statement. EEEG

Gunner

[...]
Dale Scroggins

wrote:

Gunner wrote:

Quite true. Now please point out the folks from the other side of the
asle whom were ferreting out the communists?

Gunner

John L. McClellan, Henry M. Jackson, Stuart Symington. They took a
little break from the subcommittee from July 10, 1953 to January 25,
1954. Read up on these guys before you start slapping labels on them,
Gunner.

Dale Scroggins

Three? A whole three? wow..Im underwhelmed

Gunner

Oh... Sorry, I assumed you were a little more familiar with that era
than you now appear to be. Figured you might only need a reminder of
the Democratic members of the subcommittee, that you would know that Roy
Cohn, Chief Counsel, was a Democrat, along with the most active deputy
counsel (some guy named Kennedy; Robert, maybe).

The Democratic subcommittee members remained staunch anti-communists
throughout their long careers, long after McCarthy was discredited.

Commie hunting started out as a bi-partisan affair, you know. Friction
on the subcommittee between Republicans and Democrats was mostly over
staff hiring and such.

I know you often want cites; if you want them in this case, let me know.
I can fill up your in-box many times over.

Dale Scroggins

Gunner

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 05:33:35 GMT, Abrasha wrote:

Gunner wrote:

Seen the GDP stats yet?

Gunner

What does that have to do with anything? You still live in a dump next to a
pile of junky machine tools, make $20,000 a year and can't afford a dentist.
Doesn't look like the GDP has done you any good, yet you are thankful to that
intellectual lightweight and his cronies in Washington.

Dump??? What makes you think its a dump? While Id invite you in, I
dont recall you ever having visited. Oh excuse me..you live in the Gay
Bay..where each and every home is a unique and trendy work of art.
And you send your poor to Oakland to simmer.

I lived in the same home when your Godhead Clinton was "Giving US 8
Years of the Best Economy On Record".... just before he blew up the
economy, put the dick to the machine tool and manufacturing industry
and sent half of my customers off shore, not to mention allowing Ken
Lay and Co. to gut hundreds of thousands of people's savings and
letting the Taliban set up 9/11

Oh..I couldnt afford dental care then, either. Nor did I have a rather
nice assortment of good running machines in the shop.

Strangely, you are more conservative than the most conservative Republican I
have ever encountered. Go figure. You are even wackier, and nuttier than
Michael Jackson. You should try and sell the movie rights to your life. Might
make a buck or two.

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

Given you live in one of the most liberal and absolutely crazed
nutcase enclaves on earth, where the inmates run the asylum, its not
surprising you have not encountered many conservatives. And trust
me...if you had..they would not be particularly impressed with you
either.

As to the Michael Jackson comment, are you calling me a child
molester? Remember..you do live within driving range... and we could
discuss the ramifications up close and personal.

If you simply were blowing smoke out your ass, try using something a
bit less inflammatory as an insult, given that he was charged with
that crime today.

As for you being a shining example of reason, logic and rational...you
do make beautiful knicknacks.
Im reminded of the charector in Rainman.

Gunner

'If you own a gun and have a swimming pool in the yard, the swimming
pool is almost 100 times more likely to kill a child than the gun is.'"
Steven Levitt, UOC prof.
Gunner

wrote:

Gunner wrote:

[...]

So how come they missed all the Commies, and let so many peoples lives
be ruined by false accusations?

Gunner

'If you own a gun and have a swimming pool in the yard, the swimming
pool is almost 100 times more likely to kill a child than the gun is.'"
Steven Levitt, UOC prof.
jim rozen

In article , Gunner says...

So how come they missed all the Commies, and let so many peoples lives
be ruined by false accusations?

As my boss often says, "the turds rise to the top," a
fact which seems to be bipartisan. Suprise, democrat
does not aways equal bad and republican does not always
map to good.

Jim

please reply to:

jim rozen

In article , Gunner says...

It started on his watch, so it must be his fault.

A person out of work doesn't think hard about
politics, doesn't want to know cause and effect.
There's no deep deductive reasoning going on
there.

He just blames whoever is in power, and votes
the rat out. I'm simply pointing out that
unemployed workers are very, very pragmatic.

The thoughts go, 'somethings not right. Let's
start the change at the top.' Political
ideology flies out the window when you can't
pay the rent and your car gets repoed.

Jim

please reply to:

jim rozen

In article , Gunner says...

the Germans of 1944? The Ensatzgruppen were just a bunch of
misunderstood hapless individuals. Correct?

Liberals = Nazis. OK, game set match to Ed.

Jim

please reply to:

Larry Jaques

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 07:57:43 GMT, Gunner

wrote:

Both are probably true and both results are worth flushing.
Vote independent! Shun DEMs and REPs, two of the most corrupt
political parties in the world!

Given the current crop of Independent Candidates....Id just as soon
vote for either a Dem or a Repub, for the most part.
Most..not all..but most Indys are nutjobs of the first water.
At least with a Dem or Repub, you know generally what you are getting
and dont have to worry about your candidate being committed.
Indicted yes... G

Don't you see the darker ramifications of that voting pattern?

--As long as you vote for those f*ckheads, they will continue to
behave just as they do now; _none_ of it in our best interest.--

Vote for change now, perfection later. Until we break up the
corrupt 2-party monopoly, they've got us by the soft parts.

Re CA: Though I would have voted for Ms. Carey, Ahnold might be
the best thing CA has had going for it in a decade. G'luck down
there, eh?

Save the + http://www.diversify.com
Endangered SKEETS! + Web Application Programming
Gunner

wrote:

Both are probably true and both results are worth flushing.
Vote independent! Shun DEMs and REPs, two of the most corrupt
political parties in the world!

Given the current crop of Independent Candidates....Id just as soon
vote for either a Dem or a Repub, for the most part.
Most..not all..but most Indys are nutjobs of the first water.
At least with a Dem or Repub, you know generally what you are getting
and dont have to worry about your candidate being committed.
Indicted yes... G

Don't you see the darker ramifications of that voting pattern?

Absolutely true! However..one has to be a pragmatist and understand
that the sheeple will continue to vote along party lines for the most
part, with rare exceptions..and a vote for a indy..is simply a wasted
vote. I learned that with Perot..and it got us Clinton.

--As long as you vote for those f*ckheads, they will continue to
behave just as they do now; _none_ of it in our best interest.--

Vote for change now, perfection later. Until we break up the
corrupt 2-party monopoly, they've got us by the soft parts.

Re CA: Though I would have voted for Ms. Carey, Ahnold might be
the best thing CA has had going for it in a decade. G'luck down
there, eh?

We are having a ball watching the shenanigans in Sacramento

Gunner

================================================= =========
Save the + http://www.diversify.com
Endangered SKEETS! + Web Application Programming
================================================= =========

'If you own a gun and have a swimming pool in the yard, the swimming
pool is almost 100 times more likely to kill a child than the gun is.'"
Steven Levitt, UOC prof.
Gunner

On 20 Dec 2003 07:07:51 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

It started on his watch, so it must be his fault.

A person out of work doesn't think hard about
politics, doesn't want to know cause and effect.
There's no deep deductive reasoning going on
there.

He just blames whoever is in power, and votes
the rat out. I'm simply pointing out that
unemployed workers are very, very pragmatic.

The thoughts go, 'somethings not right. Let's
start the change at the top.' Political
ideology flies out the window when you can't
pay the rent and your car gets repoed.

Jim

Quite true..which is one of the major reasons we now have conservative
control of the congress and the Oval office. The Left kept sticking
their hands deeper and deeper into the workers pockets.

Gunner

================================================= =
please reply to:
================================================= =

'If you own a gun and have a swimming pool in the yard, the swimming
pool is almost 100 times more likely to kill a child than the gun is.'"
Steven Levitt, UOC prof.

Gunner

On 20 Dec 2003 06:58:30 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

So how come they missed all the Commies, and let so many peoples lives
be ruined by false accusations?

As my boss often says, "the turds rise to the top," a
fact which seems to be bipartisan. Suprise, democrat
does not aways equal bad and republican does not always
map to good.

Jim

Excellent response!!

Gunner

'If you own a gun and have a swimming pool in the yard, the swimming
pool is almost 100 times more likely to kill a child than the gun is.'"
Steven Levitt, UOC prof.
Gunner

On 20 Dec 2003 07:11:30 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

the Germans of 1944? The Ensatzgruppen were just a bunch of
misunderstood hapless individuals. Correct?

Liberals = Nazis. OK, game set match to Ed.

Jim

Sorry..No mention of Nazis until your post. I hereby invoke Godwin's
Law. You are soundly defeated. Now no tears Jim..take your drubbing
like a man.

I was wondering which trout would rise to the fly....EG

Gunner

'If you own a gun and have a swimming pool in the yard, the swimming
pool is almost 100 times more likely to kill a child than the gun is.'"
Steven Levitt, UOC prof.
Alan Moore

On 20 Dec 2003 06:58:30 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

So how come they missed all the Commies, and let so many peoples lives
be ruined by false accusations?

As my boss often says, "the turds rise to the top," a
fact which seems to be bipartisan. Suprise, democrat
does not aways equal bad and republican does not always
map to good.

You may recall from elementary school days hearing America described
as the great melting pot. And as with any melting pot, the scum rises
to the top and whats on the bottom gets burned...

Al Moore
jim rozen

In article , Gunner says...

/// one of the major reasons we now have conservative
control of the congress and the Oval office. The Left kept sticking
their hands deeper and deeper into the workers pockets.

Yet the workers did have jobs. For whatever reason
there are many unemployed right now so that says
to me that the incumbent of whatever party has
little chance for re-election.

Jim

please reply to:

Gunner

wrote:

[...]

Btw..here is one Liberal Democrat I do have respect for.

http://www.tammybruce.com/

Ah...not your usual run of the mill fascist Liberal Democrat....G

Check out her recommended reading list btw....

Gunner

'If you own a gun and have a swimming pool in the yard, the swimming
pool is almost 100 times more likely to kill a child than the gun is.'"
Steven Levitt, UOC prof.

Larry Jaques

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 20:57:58 GMT, Gunner
brought forth from the murky depths:

Absolutely true! However..one has to be a pragmatist and understand
that the sheeple will continue to vote along party lines for the most
part, with rare exceptions..and a vote for a indy..is simply a wasted
vote. I learned that with Perot..and it got us Clinton.

That is only true as long as you let them steer you into thinking
that a vote for anyone but them is a wasted vote. Until we all
start voting as we should, they'll win. Granted, until all of us
DO that, it might seem that the vote is wasted, but how can we
show these a**holes that we mean business until we actually DO
vote for the other guys? Start voting the way you should TODAY.
Drop your membership in those two corrupt parties. They'll get the
message quickly enough.

Save the + http://www.diversify.com
Endangered SKEETS! + Web Application Programming
Larry Jaques

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 20:59:43 GMT, Gunner
brought forth from the murky depths:

Quite true..which is one of the major reasons we now have conservative
control of the congress and the Oval office. The Left kept sticking
their hands deeper and deeper into the workers pockets.

Uh, Gunner. Do you feel those conservative fingers deep in
your pocket yet? The current administration is as bad or
worse than any liberal we've had in recent history.

$166B already for completely unnecessary wars?

Save the + http://www.diversify.com
Endangered SKEETS! + Web Application Programming
wallster

Gunner wrote in message . ..
On 19 Dec 2003 17:05:08 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , wallster says...

Instead, Americans choose their President based on who wins the
electoral college.

THis has always been the case. HOnestly I am sure glad
GWB got elected because otherwise the economic situation
would have been pinned on the democrats. Right now
there's nobody else to blame, no matter how much
fancy-pants dancing they do.

Jim

It is blamed on the Democrats. I constantly hear Dems mentioning that
the Slickmeister gave us uprecidented prosperity (even if he rode in
on Reagans economy) for the 8 yrs he was in orfice. If this is
true..then its obvious that he is also responsible for the recession.
It started on his watch, so it must be his fault. Correct? Just like
9-11 was Bush's fault. Correct?

Think REALLY hard before answering either statement. EEEG

Gunner

I thought REALLY long and hard. Reagan busted up the unions and
confirmed the Iran contra scandal so he sucked both here and abroad,
Bill and Hillary created whitewater and ignored the USS Cole attack,
so he sucked both here and abroad, and GWB received $700k from "Kenny
Boy" of Enron while pension money went "bye-bye", then invaded Iraq on
the basis of eroneous reasons, wmd's?? Blix told ya they aint got 'em,
(Yes, but Daddy dont like him!) (Saddam deserves to die, but Chinese
President Jiang Zemin is embraced?? what a ****ing humanitarian), I
dont like either party. Gunner, perhaps you should take your Rush
Limpdick mug and place it in the trash container. You're a pee-on that
will never benefit from Republican policy (unless you have won the
lottery or struck oil recently), however there may be some free cheese
waiting for you in the Dem line.
I like Jesse ventura, I would vote him in.

walt
Ed Huntress

"Gunner" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 04:30:57 GMT, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .

ROFLMAO! So tell me Siggy old boy..why do I hold child molesters in
such distain and dislike? Is it perhaps some emotional distress over
losing a pet puppy to a dog catcher in my past life minus 2?

If you treated child molesters the way you treat the left, people would
rightly assume you are insane, incapable of telling a joke from a

tragedy,
or a real person from your fantasies.

Blink, blink..try that again , a little slower....

You dehumanize them and make a joke of it. If you treated child molesters
the same way you treat leftish political sympathizers -- as something less
than serious human beings, the subject of dehumanizing jokes -- then you'd
be making light of child molestation itself.

You won't confront these serious political facts head-on. Instead of
treating them seriously, you hide behind clever quips and nonsense, and
strawmen built out of endless, miscellaneous insults, cut and pasted from
out-of-context aphorisms and polemics. Everything is a caricature; nothing
is real. Liberals, in your view, are too stupid for you to take seriously.

That's why I say, if you treated child molesters the way you treated
liberals, the nuttiness of your posturing would be immediately clear. Even a
brain-dead, knee-jerk political ideologue knows enough to recognize the
bizarre irrationality of making jokes about child molestation. Do it
consistently, across many issues, and eventually you become the joke
yourself. You run out of people who are stupid enough to take you seriously
anymore.

Are you on the page now?

Ed.... I LIKE baiting the Left. I enjoy demonizing and roasting and
watching their skurvy carcasses twisting in the wind from a rotting
rope. Its a charector flaw, perhaps..but what better target?

Demonizing people who have different political views is indeed a flaw.

The
result of acting it out is that, eventually, no one takes seriously

anything
you say.

So it was not ok to demonize the Soviets, or the Taliban? Or perhaps
the Germans of 1944? The Ensatzgruppen were just a bunch of
misunderstood hapless individuals. Correct?
Mommar Kaddafie Duck is really a fine fellow?

They're serious human beings, which is why they can be dangerous if you
don't take them seriously. When you demonize them you make caricatures out
of them -- jokes, cartoon characters, not to be worried about, because
they're so dumb and hopeless. Dehumanizing a serious opponent is the last
refuge of people who are filled with fear or who don't have a clue about
what's really going on.

Osama bin Laden, like Adolph Hitler, is neither dumb nor hopeless. When you
treat them as such, you weaken your ability to deal with them. A
responsible, thinking citizen doesn't let himself get caught in that
self-weakening, delusional trap.

Overall, dehumanizing, demonizing, and dismissing your opponents is a big
mistake. In a democratic state, it can be a lethal one. While you're
standing there building your strawmen and fighting with them, you've taken
yourself out of the real conflict; marginalized yourself; destroyed some of
the best weapons you have.

--
Ed Huntress
(remove "3" from email address for email reply)

Abrasha

Gunner wrote:

On 20 Dec 2003 07:11:30 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

the Germans of 1944? The Ensatzgruppen were just a bunch of
misunderstood hapless individuals. Correct?

Liberals = Nazis. OK, game set match to Ed.

Jim

Sorry..No mention of Nazis until your post. I hereby invoke Godwin's
Law. You are soundly defeated. Now no tears Jim..take your drubbing
like a man.

So what would you call the "Germans of 1944", if not nazis? No mention of nazis
indeed! You are a dangerous man Gunner. Thank God you have no real power.

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

OT- Did the Prez lie about WMD? Gunner Metalworking 127 December 18th 03 01:36 PM
Pearl Harbor Walt LeRoy Metalworking 77 December 15th 03 06:36 AM
OT- Intelligence Bombshell: Saddam Financed Lead 9/11 Hijacker Gunner Metalworking 27 November 19th 03 01:17 AM