Ed Huntress

Default O.T. follow up on Mr. Gunner's comment

"Gunner" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 04:30:57 GMT, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .

ROFLMAO! So tell me Siggy old boy..why do I hold child molesters in
such distain and dislike? Is it perhaps some emotional distress over
losing a pet puppy to a dog catcher in my past life minus 2?

If you treated child molesters the way you treat the left, people would
rightly assume you are insane, incapable of telling a joke from a

tragedy,
or a real person from your fantasies.

Blink, blink..try that again , a little slower....

You dehumanize them and make a joke of it. If you treated child molesters
the same way you treat leftish political sympathizers -- as something less
than serious human beings, the subject of dehumanizing jokes -- then you'd
be making light of child molestation itself.

You won't confront these serious political facts head-on. Instead of
treating them seriously, you hide behind clever quips and nonsense, and
strawmen built out of endless, miscellaneous insults, cut and pasted from
out-of-context aphorisms and polemics. Everything is a caricature; nothing
is real. Liberals, in your view, are too stupid for you to take seriously.

That's why I say, if you treated child molesters the way you treated
liberals, the nuttiness of your posturing would be immediately clear. Even a
brain-dead, knee-jerk political ideologue knows enough to recognize the
bizarre irrationality of making jokes about child molestation. Do it
consistently, across many issues, and eventually you become the joke
yourself. You run out of people who are stupid enough to take you seriously
anymore.

Are you on the page now?

Ed.... I LIKE baiting the Left. I enjoy demonizing and roasting and
watching their skurvy carcasses twisting in the wind from a rotting
rope. Its a charector flaw, perhaps..but what better target?

Demonizing people who have different political views is indeed a flaw.

The
result of acting it out is that, eventually, no one takes seriously

anything
you say.

So it was not ok to demonize the Soviets, or the Taliban? Or perhaps
the Germans of 1944? The Ensatzgruppen were just a bunch of
misunderstood hapless individuals. Correct?
Mommar Kaddafie Duck is really a fine fellow?

They're serious human beings, which is why they can be dangerous if you
don't take them seriously. When you demonize them you make caricatures out
of them -- jokes, cartoon characters, not to be worried about, because
they're so dumb and hopeless. Dehumanizing a serious opponent is the last
refuge of people who are filled with fear or who don't have a clue about
what's really going on.

Osama bin Laden, like Adolph Hitler, is neither dumb nor hopeless. When you
treat them as such, you weaken your ability to deal with them. A
responsible, thinking citizen doesn't let himself get caught in that
self-weakening, delusional trap.

Overall, dehumanizing, demonizing, and dismissing your opponents is a big
mistake. In a democratic state, it can be a lethal one. While you're
standing there building your strawmen and fighting with them, you've taken
yourself out of the real conflict; marginalized yourself; destroyed some of
the best weapons you have.

--
Ed Huntress
(remove "3" from email address for email reply)