Dale Scroggins

Default O.T. follow up on Mr. Gunner's comment

Gunner wrote:
On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 06:12:05 GMT, Dale Scroggins
wrote:

Gunner wrote:

Quite true. Now please point out the folks from the other side of the
asle whom were ferreting out the communists?

Gunner

John L. McClellan, Henry M. Jackson, Stuart Symington. They took a
little break from the subcommittee from July 10, 1953 to January 25,
1954. Read up on these guys before you start slapping labels on them,
Gunner.

Dale Scroggins

Three? A whole three? wow..Im underwhelmed

Gunner

Oh... Sorry, I assumed you were a little more familiar with that era
than you now appear to be. Figured you might only need a reminder of
the Democratic members of the subcommittee, that you would know that Roy
Cohn, Chief Counsel, was a Democrat, along with the most active deputy
counsel (some guy named Kennedy; Robert, maybe).

The Democratic subcommittee members remained staunch anti-communists
throughout their long careers, long after McCarthy was discredited.

Commie hunting started out as a bi-partisan affair, you know. Friction
on the subcommittee between Republicans and Democrats was mostly over
staff hiring and such.

I know you often want cites; if you want them in this case, let me know.
I can fill up your in-box many times over.

Dale Scroggins