Posted to alt.home.repair

Default ESPECIALLY Senile Yank Alert! LOL

On Sun, 13 May 2018 09:24:53 -0700 (PDT), Auntie Senile Moron drooled and
driveled again:

Poor poor Senile Penis Peeler. You must have had a very hard(no pun) life
to cause you to be such a horrible person. I do feel sorry for you and
pity you. You really need some professional psychiatric help. o_O

[8~{} Auntie Cocksucking Monster

Just ANSWER the question, you pathetic sucker of troll cock: HOW lonely are
you that you need to suck off a FILTHY TROLL who keeps deriding and
insulting -including you- America and Americans every day?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default A/C vs. swamp cooler?

On Sun, 13 May 2018 12:01:56 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 05/13/2018 08:53 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/12/2018 5:48 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

"On Slab" works good in Florida where anything resembling a basement
is liable to become an indoor swimming pool

Sump pumps work wonders.

And I though Florida was dry?

Need much more than a sump pump. You can hit water at 6 feet. You can
drill a working well at 10 to 30 feet. f a swimming pool is not filled
with water, it may float up out of the ground.

Rainfall is about 59 inches a year, close to what the UK gets, but it
has many more sunny days. It actually rains more days per year, but the
rain is brief and then the sun is out.

there's brief and then there is brief... I remember one brief afternoon
rainstorm at Highlands Hammock SP near Sebring when I thought I was
going to drown on supposed dry land.

We had 26" of rain in the week and a half before and during Irma.
That is over a year's worth of rain in more than half of the US.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 13 May 2018 16:54:50 +0100, wrote:

On Sunday, May 13, 2018 at 11:10:12 AM UTC-4, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Sun, 13 May 2018 15:58:43 +0100, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/12/2018 7:50 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

Most of those "bedrooms" are illegal since they don't have proper
egress. The "window well" in a basement does not provide enough clear
space to call that an egress so you need a door to the outside in the
bedroom(s)..

What's wrong with going through the door you entered? My normal bedroom
has a window, but it's only the top bit that opens, so I can't leave
through it without violently smashing toughened double glazing with a
heavy object I don't have in the bedroom. But then I'm not a pessimist
and don't require two forms of exit.

The people that write the building code are pessimists. If the fire is
right outside your bedroom you need a second way out.

Which people don't have in non-basements anyway, as most fit burglar proof windows you can't fit through.

I don't know what kind of hellhole you live in, but we've just got ordinary
double-hung glass windows. Mine are only double-pane, but I don't consider
my house is very expensive to heat so there's no incentive to replace them
with more energy-efficient windows.

This but wider, an adult cannot get through the opening at the top:
https://irp-cdn.multiscreensite.com/...d-768x1280.jpg

--
Peter is listening to "DJ Splash - Inspiration"
Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

ONLY double? Triple is quite rare in the UK.

--
Peter is listening to "DJ Splash - Inspiration"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 13 May 2018 17:45:29 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 05/13/2018 07:48 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
Who or what is Lexi?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lexi

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lexa_Doig

Another Canadian actress.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/4zX6wKaY7ug/maxresdefault.jpg

That is her Talia al Ghul role from 'The Arrow'.

https://images3.alphacoders.com/165/165077.jpg

Andromeda. In Andromeda she is a battleship's AI, a holograph, or an
android. Best looking AI I've ever seen.

I've seen her as Dr Lamb in Stargate SG1.

--
The wife had a birthday and her husband wanted to know what she desired. She said she'd like to have a Jaguar.
He didn't think it was best for her.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 13 May 2018 18:05:41 +0100, wrote:

On Sun, 13 May 2018 11:00:45 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/13/2018 9:22 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

Well in my standard bedroom on the 1st (USA) or ground (UK) floor, I can
still only get out of the door. The window only opens at the top. And
anyone with a 2 storey house who sleeps upstairs has the same problem.
Unless someone provided a ladder for you to climb down, you're ****ed.

Fire truck will have a ladder. If the fire is forcing me out though,
I'd jump and risk a broken leg rather than burn to death.

I figured out when I was about 10 that if you hang from the window
sill and drop the fall is not that far. I used to do it a lot.

Then your dad sees the footprints on the window/sill.

--
A bunch of lawyers were sitting around the office playing poker.
€śI win!€ť says Johnson at which point Henderson throws down his cards. €śThats it! I've had it! Johnson is cheating!!!€ť
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 13 May 2018 18:06:57 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 05/13/2018 08:42 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Sun, 13 May 2018 15:40:34 +0100, Uncle Monster
wrote:

On Sunday, May 13, 2018 at 9:17:39 AM UTC-5, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Sun, 13 May 2018 03:39:58 +0100, Uncle Monster
wrote:

On Saturday, May 12, 2018 at 6:48:44 PM UTC-5, Jimmy Wilkinson
Knife wrote:
On Sun, 13 May 2018 00:06:49 +0100, Uncle Monster
wrote:

On Saturday, May 12, 2018 at 2:26:31 PM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 05/12/2018 12:56 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
I have a 7" Fire tablet and I bought the protective housing
for it after I dropped it a few times. Now I drop it all the time but
the case protects it. I've been watching the Andromeda TV series on
the little 7" tablet when I visit the toilet to drop a load of
Readymix. I used to take a magazine or newspaper(remember them) with
me to the bathroom when I needed to rid myself of toxic solid waste.
Ain't technology amazing? ^_^

I was watching Andromeda. Netflix had the first season but not
the rest.
I got up to Season 2, Episode 8 on Amazon and it wouldn't play.
A popup
said I needed a ComicCon subscription, $4.99 a month after a 7
day free
trial. I think Season 3 is still available.

A guy was bitching about another scifi show he had been
watching that
suddenly required a subscription. Apparently ComicCon bought
the rights
to some of the old shows and are trying to capitalize.

https://variety.com/2017/digital/new...hq-1202601338/

What ****es me is I'm guessing the buck stops at Lionsgate; I
doubt Lexi
Doig and the others are getting big royalty checks.

My friend The Penguin has a dog named Lexi who's a psychotic
beagle. She's also a cutie. From watching all of the SciFi shows, I
find it a bit amusing that most of the humans and aliens in outer
space are Canadians. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Space Monster

I thought most actors in American shows were Canadians because
Americans are too thick to act.
--

Not exactly. It's cheaper to produce TV shows in Vancouver which is
up the coast from Californiastan. I imagine it's still close enough

[8~{} Uncle Southern Monster

You call everything "istan" on the end, but claim not to be racist?
--

You mean like Englandistan? WTF does "istan" have to do with racism?
Can you define the word "racist" or do you just start barking it when

[8~{} Uncle Humorous Monster

You suffix placenames with istan because you hate the influx of Muslims.

'Muslim' is not a race...

Why do people say that ****? They all look the same so clearly they're a race. Maybe the race name is different, but most Muslims are the same race.

--
Thought for the Day:
The Bible teaches us to love your neighbour, and the Kama Sutra explains how.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 13 May 2018 18:10:58 +0100, wrote:

On Sun, 13 May 2018 16:09:36 +0100, "Jimmy Wilkinson Knife"
wrote:

On Sun, 13 May 2018 15:53:39 +0100, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/12/2018 5:48 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

"On Slab" works good in Florida where anything resembling a basement
is liable to become an indoor swimming pool

Sump pumps work wonders.

And I though Florida was dry?

Need much more than a sump pump. You can hit water at 6 feet. You can
drill a working well at 10 to 30 feet. f a swimming pool is not filled
with water, it may float up out of the ground.

Rainfall is about 59 inches a year, close to what the UK gets, but it
has many more sunny days. It actually rains more days per year, but the
rain is brief and then the sun is out.

A sump pump lowers the local water level below the floor of the basement, no problem.

Not really, all it does is try to hold back the tide against the
leakage rate of the basement wall. You still end up with a musty
basement. My sister had that at her house when building nearby changed
the water table and flooded their house. They ended up trenching the
basement floor and dropping the pump below floor level. They had a 1/2
HP pump that ran pretty much constantly if it rained that week. It
didn't really work at all until they piped it into the sewer system
since the same water just came right back.

You make a pit under the basement floor, which is suspended above the ground. Any water under there has to flow into the pit before contacting the floor, and probably seeps in without even reaching the surface.

--
Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 13 May 2018 13:12:48 -0400, wrote:

On Sun, 13 May 2018 16:10:47 +0100, "Jimmy Wilkinson Knife"
wrote:

On Sun, 13 May 2018 16:00:03 +0100, wrote:

On Sun, 13 May 2018 14:22:18 +0100, "Jimmy Wilkinson Knife"
wrote:

On Sun, 13 May 2018 01:04:17 +0100, wrote:

On Sun, 13 May 2018 00:50:41 +0100, "Jimmy Wilkinson Knife"
wrote:

On Sun, 13 May 2018 00:10:12 +0100, wrote:

On Sat, 12 May 2018 17:43:18 -0400, Clare Snyder
wrote:

"On Slab" works good in Florida where anything resembling a basement
is liable to become an indoor swimming pool - up here in the higher
elevations and more temperate to cold regions, full basements are the
rule rather thanthe exception - almost always conditioned and used as
extra living /utility space.

Furnace in the attic? Not up here. It's in the "basement" - generally
along with laundry and a "rec room" - often an additional bathroom,-
and sometimes even a bedroom or 2.

I am aware of the basement thing but a lot of them still have water
problems. You are right, a basement here is going to be an indoor
pool. You can dig a well with a post hole digger. It is just nasty
water.
Most of those "bedrooms" are illegal since they don't have proper
egress. The "window well" in a basement does not provide enough clear
space to call that an egress so you need a door to the outside in the
bedroom(s)..

What's wrong with going through the door you entered? My normal bedroom has a window, but it's only the top bit that opens, so I can't leave through it without violently smashing toughened double glazing with a heavy object I don't have in the bedroom. But then I'm not a pessimist and don't require two forms of exit.

It is all about what happens if the house is on fire and you wake up
in a room full of smoke. They don't want you to have to go towards the
fire. You certainly don't want to be trapped in the basement if the
fire is upstairs.

Well in my standard bedroom on the 1st (USA) or ground (UK) floor, I can still only get out of the door. The window only opens at the top. And anyone with a 2 storey house who sleeps upstairs has the same problem. Unless someone provided a ladder for you to climb down, you're ****ed.

They sell the hell out of these
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Kidde-2-...8093/202066899

I don't know anyone in the UK with one of those. Maybe Americans are stupid, sorry stoopid, and set more fire in their own homes?

Maybe they are just easier to scare.

Mabee they just value their lives more and think beyond the end of
their noses???
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 13 May 2018 18:14:13 +0100, wrote:

On Sun, 13 May 2018 16:12:04 +0100, "Jimmy Wilkinson Knife"
wrote:

On Sun, 13 May 2018 16:03:56 +0100, wrote:

On Sun, 13 May 2018 14:56:44 +0100, "Jimmy Wilkinson Knife"
wrote:

On Sun, 13 May 2018 05:01:54 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 05/12/2018 01:58 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

According to Aussies, you can't swim in a creek/lake/river/whatever if
there's crocs/gators in it, or you die.

Australia doesn't have alligators:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ear...s-experts.html

What they do have in great abundance is salties:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sal****er_crocodile

Never met one, don't want to. The few American crocs in southern Florida
are pussycats compared to salties or Nile crocodiles.

As far as alligators most of the problems with humans are like the
problems with rattlesnakes; they start with "Hold my beer and watch this."

I can't tell which is which, so I'd shoot either on sight.

Shoot? With what?

A gun. We're talking America here.

Then you are not saying what you would do, just telling us what we
should do, yet you constantly ask why we need a gun.

If there were animals near here that could kill me, I'd have a gun, legal or not. But you guys mainly have them to shoot people.

--
Send all problems by email
Only phone me with EMERGENCY problems (e.g. LPT1 on fire)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 13 May 2018 18:16:59 +0100, wrote:

On Sun, 13 May 2018 16:11:47 +0100, "Jimmy Wilkinson Knife"
wrote:

Fire truck will have a ladder. If the fire is forcing me out though,
I'd jump and risk a broken leg rather than burn to death.

I think I'd take my chances putting out the fire first. By the time I was sure I wanted to jump, I'd be unconscious with smoke. I don't want to live the rest of my life in a wheelchair.

Most folks can drop 2 or 3 meters without having anything bad happen
to them, particularly if you know how to land.

Even in a panic, in the dark, in smoke?

--
Smith & Wesson -- the original point and click interface.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 13 May 2018 18:33:49 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 05/13/2018 08:35 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Sun, 13 May 2018 06:13:15 +0100, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Sun, 13 May 2018 00:09:10 -0400, wrote:

On Sat, 12 May 2018 21:47:14 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 05/12/2018 01:56 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Sat, 12 May 2018 20:29:06 +0100, rbowman
wrote:

On 05/12/2018 07:54 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

What annoys me is the way that under the floor is vented to the
outside! WTF? Vent it to the inside, then it stays warmer and
dryer.

Warmer maybe but it tends to turn into a swamp.

No, heat reduces RH.

Unless it's well insulated, which most crawl spaces aren't, the warm,
moist air condenses on the cold walls.

There is supposed to be a vapor barrier between the living space and
the crawlspace. I am not sure what they do these days but it used to
be tar paper between the floor and sub floor.
The "gold standard" today is sprayed urethane insulation.

I do wish they'd ban that horrid fibreglass stuff. That soft fluffy
insulation most people put in their attics around here. As soon as you
disturb it, it gets into your lungs, it can't be good for you.

Sprayed urethane isn't that great if you're doing the spraying...

It's more the removal (or disturbance) of the existing fibreglass that annoys me.

--
Did you know? Jizz can be used as invisible ink.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowman, Birdbrain's eternal senile whore!

On Sun, 13 May 2018 11:06:57 -0600, lowbrowman, the endlessly driveling
senile idiot, blabbered again:

You suffix placenames with istan because you hate the influx of Muslims.

'Muslim' is not a race...

Don't be a smartass with the troll that pwns you, lowbrowman! LOL
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 13 May 2018 11:00:45 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/13/2018 9:22 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

Well in my standard bedroom on the 1st (USA) or ground (UK) floor, I can
still only get out of the door.* The window only opens at the top.* And
anyone with a 2 storey house who sleeps upstairs has the same problem.
Unless someone provided a ladder for you to climb down, you're ****ed.

Fire truck will have a ladder. If the fire is forcing me out though,
I'd jump and risk a broken leg rather than burn to death.

The two front windows on my house exit to a porch roof, and the
window at the end of the hall exits to the garage roof which joins the
porch roof, where it is only a 9 foot drop to the ground, or to the
back of the garage where it is about 11 feet.
The main floor has 3 exits - front porch, rear deck, and through
garage. The basement exit is via stairs directly to the garage door.
If therer was a garage fire spread into the house and I was in the
basement "my goose may be cooked". There is a functioning smoke alarm
at the top of the basement stairs, as well as in the basement, the
living room of the main floor, and at the top of the stairway to the
upstairs, as well as CO detectors on each floor (2 in the basement)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 13 May 2018 11:04:37 -0600, lowbrowman, the endlessly driveling
senile idiot, blabbered again:

Like Harry's squeeze?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil_...ue_Dress_(film)

Pretty good movie, especially the Don Cheadle role. It's all about
passing for white and Jennifer Beals was a natural for Daphne.

Jeezuz Christ ...must you be lonely!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 13 May 2018 08:54:50 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

[...]

Cindy Hamilton

He likely lives in Carntyne West or HagHill or?North Barlanark and
Easterhouse South, or Old Shettleston and Parkhead North in Glasgow,
the most crime-ridden city in Scotland - or perhaps Edinburgh or
Aberdeen.Or perhaps even Ferguslie Park, Paisley
Glasgow is also among the poorest cities in the UK (Only Hackney and
Tower districts of London rank poorer), with the lowest average
education level.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 13 May 2018 00:43:20 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 05/12/2018 11:52 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Saturday, May 12, 2018 at 11:16:16 PM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 05/12/2018 03:48 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
And I though Florida was dry?

The highest point in Florida is 345' above sea level and it's up on the
Alabama border. Left to its own devices, Florida is a swamp.

Heck, I knew Alabama was holding Florida's head above water. ^_^

I went looking for that mountain peak before GPS's were around, never
could find it. There are a lot of little hills in that part of Alabama
and Florida. It's someplace around Florala. I do believe I've walked up
Cheaha. At least the Talledegas are real mountains.

Britton Hill in Walton County is the "high point" - up in the
panhandle. Down in the peninsula its around Lake Wales -"Sugarloaf
Mountain" at about 312 feet. About the diffference in elevation
between the Freeport Bridge at the west end of Kitchener Cedar Hill, a
few miles to the North East.

Our local little ski hill, Chicopee, has a greater vertical drop than
the total hight above sea level of Britton Hill!!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, May 13, 2018 at 1:10:41 PM UTC-5, Peeler wrote:
On Sun, 13 May 2018 09:24:53 -0700 (PDT), Senile Penis Peeler drooled and
driveled again:

Poor poor Senile Penis Peeler. You must have had a very hard(no pun) life
to cause you to be such a horrible person. I do feel sorry for you and
pity you. You really need some professional psychiatric help. o_O

Senile Cocksucking Peeler

Just ANSWER the question, you pathetic sucker of troll cock Penis Peeler: HOW lonely are
you that you need to suck off a FILTHY TROLL who keeps deriding and
insulting -including you- The UK and British every day?

Poor Penis Peeler, you really need professional psychiatric help before you hurt yourself or others. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Observant Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 13 May 2018 19:01:56 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 05/13/2018 08:53 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/12/2018 5:48 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

"On Slab" works good in Florida where anything resembling a basement
is liable to become an indoor swimming pool

Sump pumps work wonders.

And I though Florida was dry?

Need much more than a sump pump. You can hit water at 6 feet. You can
drill a working well at 10 to 30 feet. f a swimming pool is not filled
with water, it may float up out of the ground.

Rainfall is about 59 inches a year, close to what the UK gets, but it
has many more sunny days. It actually rains more days per year, but the
rain is brief and then the sun is out.

there's brief and then there is brief... I remember one brief afternoon
rainstorm at Highlands Hammock SP near Sebring when I thought I was
going to drown on supposed dry land.

The most water around herein Scotland is due to a snow melt.

--
If you consider television dangerous but routinely carry explosives in your clothing, you may be a Muslim.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

That's called pessimism.

--
The female gangbang world record is owned by a woman named Houston who had intercourse with 620 men in one day! A video was made of this historic event. As it took about 10 hours (with a few very brief breaks) to do it, the average time of intercourse was less than 58 seconds.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 13 May 2018 19:22:08 +0100, Clare Snyder wrote:

[...]

Severe pessimist.

--
A recent study found that the average Aussie walks about 900 miles a year.
Another study found that Aussies drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

None of the above.

--
If Christians want us to believe in a Redeemer, let them act redeemed. -- Voltaire
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 05/13/2018 08:53 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/12/2018 5:48 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

"On Slab" works good in Florida where anything resembling a basement
is liable to become an indoor swimming pool

Sump pumps work wonders.

And I though Florida was dry?

Need much more than a sump pump. You can hit water at 6 feet. You can
drill a working well at 10 to 30 feet. f a swimming pool is not filled
with water, it may float up out of the ground.

Rainfall is about 59 inches a year, close to what the UK gets, but it
has many more sunny days. It actually rains more days per year, but the
rain is brief and then the sun is out.

there's brief and then there is brief... I remember one brief afternoon
rainstorm at Highlands Hammock SP near Sebring when I thought I was
going to drown on supposed dry land.

Just go to Lakeland for Sun'n Fun airshow - usually get lots of
"liquid sunshine" and you consider it a good year if your tent doesn't
float and you don't get stuck in the mud.

The exception is the odd year when it's so dry car exhausts start the
entire grass parking area on fire.( 2006)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 13 May 2018 19:14:21 +0100, "Jimmy Wilkinson Knife"
wrote:

On Sun, 13 May 2018 18:05:41 +0100, wrote:

On Sun, 13 May 2018 11:00:45 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/13/2018 9:22 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

Well in my standard bedroom on the 1st (USA) or ground (UK) floor, I can
still only get out of the door. The window only opens at the top. And
anyone with a 2 storey house who sleeps upstairs has the same problem.
Unless someone provided a ladder for you to climb down, you're ****ed.

Fire truck will have a ladder. If the fire is forcing me out though,
I'd jump and risk a broken leg rather than burn to death.

I figured out when I was about 10 that if you hang from the window
sill and drop the fall is not that far. I used to do it a lot.

Then your dad sees the footprints on the window/sill.

Nobody seemed to give a ****. Sometime they would see me go by the
window in the living room tho.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 13 May 2018 19:14:56 +0100, "Jimmy Wilkinson Knife"
wrote:

'Muslim' is not a race...

Why do people say that ****? They all look the same so clearly they're a race. Maybe the race name is different, but most Muslims are the same race.

Not really, you are just thinking about the Arabs but there are a
****load of Muslims in India and south Asia.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 13 May 2018 19:16:37 +0100, "Jimmy Wilkinson Knife"
wrote:

If there were animals near here that could kill me, I'd have a gun, legal or not. But you guys mainly have them to shoot people.

AKA "animals near here that could kill me"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 13 May 2018 11:46:15 -0700 (PDT), Auntie Senile Moron drooled and
driveled again:

Just ANSWER the question, you pathetic sucker of troll cock Penis Peeler: HOW lonely are
you that you need to suck off a FILTHY TROLL who keeps deriding and
insulting -including you- The UK and British every day?

Poor Penis Peeler, you really need professional psychiatric help before
you hurt yourself or others. o_O

STILL unable to answer a simple question, you pathetic sucker of troll cock?
So, HOW lonely are you that you need to suck off a FILTHY TROLL who keeps
deriding and insulting -including you- America and Americans every day?

[8~{} Auntie Obnoxious Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Fire truck will have a ladder. If the fire is forcing me out though,
I'd jump and risk a broken leg rather than burn to death.

I think I'd take my chances putting out the fire first. By the time I was sure I wanted to jump, I'd be unconscious with smoke. I don't want to live the rest of my life in a wheelchair.

Most folks can drop 2 or 3 meters without having anything bad happen
to them, particularly if you know how to land.

Even in a panic, in the dark, in smoke?

Either you know how to land or you don't. Most falls are not expected
and if your landing is instinctive, you get to walk away from most of
them. The trick is knowing how to turn a fall into a jump.
My old roomie was a Recon Marine and we used to practice this all the
time. It has saved me from serious injury more times than I can count.
I think it should be required training for everyone, particularly old
people.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parachute_landing_fall
It spreads the energy across various points of the body so no one of
them takes a serious hit. Once you understand the technique you can
roll in just about any direction from just about any fall.
It looks pretty cool when you do it too, especially when you are over
70 ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 13 May 2018 14:22:08 -0400, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Sun, 13 May 2018 11:00:45 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/13/2018 9:22 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

Well in my standard bedroom on the 1st (USA) or ground (UK) floor, I can
still only get out of the door.Â* The window only opens at the top.Â* And
[...]

We cut a door into our bedroom wall here but in my old house in
Maryland I installed sprinklers in the egress route. It was one of
those "split foyer" houses where the stairs between floors was a choke
point and the utilities were under those stairs. I installed
sprinklers under the foyer in the utility room, in the foyer and in
the hall on both floors leading to there from the bedrooms.
A fireman I know told me a few horror stories and I had to act. The
scary thing is this was the most popular house design around for years
up there. It probably still is.
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/72house.jpg
I had to fight to get a door in the lower level. Most did not have one
making this "one way out" from down stairs, up that staircase. They
ended up regrading the back yard and giving me my door as a condition
of the purchase. I am not even sure how that got out of plan review.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

The highest point in Lee County is the landfill. It used to be Mound
Key, the Calusa Indian landfill 500 years ago.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Sun, 13 May 2018 18:05:41 +0100, wrote:

On Sun, 13 May 2018 11:00:45 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/13/2018 9:22 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

Well in my standard bedroom on the 1st (USA) or ground (UK) floor, I can
still only get out of the door. The window only opens at the top. And
anyone with a 2 storey house who sleeps upstairs has the same problem.
Unless someone provided a ladder for you to climb down, you're ****ed.

Fire truck will have a ladder. If the fire is forcing me out though,
I'd jump and risk a broken leg rather than burn to death.

I figured out when I was about 10 that if you hang from the window
sill and drop the fall is not that far. I used to do it a lot.

Then your dad sees the footprints on the window/sill.

Nobody seemed to give a ****. Sometime they would see me go by the
window in the living room tho.

ARGH!!!!!

I say, was that Perkins?

--
My wife sat down on the couch next to me as I was changing channels. She asked, what's on TV?
I said, Dust.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

'Muslim' is not a race...

Why do people say that ****? They all look the same so clearly they're a race. Maybe the race name is different, but most Muslims are the same race.

Not really, you are just thinking about the Arabs but there are a
****load of Muslims in India and south Asia.

All the mad ****s have big beards like this:
http://i0.wp.com/cdn.musliminc.com/w...?fit=900%2C599
You can't tell me they're not all the same race.

--
It's an age-old truism. Men will quickly fall asleep after having sex.
And I know why, too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

If there were animals near here that could kill me, I'd have a gun, legal or not. But you guys mainly have them to shoot people.

AKA "animals near here that could kill me"

Then stop letting them in.

--
Alfred Hitchcock didn't have a belly button.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Fire truck will have a ladder. If the fire is forcing me out though,
I'd jump and risk a broken leg rather than burn to death.

I think I'd take my chances putting out the fire first. By the time I was sure I wanted to jump, I'd be unconscious with smoke. I don't want to live the rest of my life in a wheelchair.

Most folks can drop 2 or 3 meters without having anything bad happen
to them, particularly if you know how to land.

Even in a panic, in the dark, in smoke?

Either you know how to land or you don't. Most falls are not expected
and if your landing is instinctive, you get to walk away from most of
them. The trick is knowing how to turn a fall into a jump.

If you can't see he ground that's kinda harder.

My old roomie was a Recon Marine and we used to practice this all the
time. It has saved me from serious injury more times than I can count.
I think it should be required training for everyone, particularly old
people.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parachute_landing_fall
It spreads the energy across various points of the body so no one of
them takes a serious hit. Once you understand the technique you can
roll in just about any direction from just about any fall.
It looks pretty cool when you do it too, especially when you are over
70 ;-)

The only falls I've had a serious injury from are colliding with a brick wall while on a trolley going down a hill, and colliding with a large stupid bloke who didn't look before crossing the road in front of my bicycle. Neither of those situations allows for a controlled landing.

--
Alfred Hitchcock didn't have a belly button.

Should I consider a swamp cooler? [email protected] Home Repair 17 June 18th 05 11:06 AM
swamp cooler question JK Home Repair 14 June 7th 05 09:47 PM
replacement bottom swamp cooler pans Anthony Ewell Home Repair 5 May 24th 05 09:11 PM
swamp cooler anode Anthony Ewell Home Repair 5 May 24th 05 07:06 AM
Swamp cooler question SteveB Metalworking 31 May 24th 05 03:28 AM