Posted to alt.home.repair

Default A/C vs. swamp cooler?

On Sun, 13 May 2018 20:32:36 +0100, wrote:

On Sun, 13 May 2018 14:22:08 -0400, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Sun, 13 May 2018 11:00:45 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/13/2018 9:22 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

Well in my standard bedroom on the 1st (USA) or ground (UK) floor, I can
still only get out of the door. The window only opens at the top. And
anyone with a 2 storey house who sleeps upstairs has the same problem.
Unless someone provided a ladder for you to climb down, you're ****ed.

Fire truck will have a ladder. If the fire is forcing me out though,
I'd jump and risk a broken leg rather than burn to death.

The two front windows on my house exit to a porch roof, and the
window at the end of the hall exits to the garage roof which joins the
porch roof, where it is only a 9 foot drop to the ground, or to the
back of the garage where it is about 11 feet.
The main floor has 3 exits - front porch, rear deck, and through
garage. The basement exit is via stairs directly to the garage door.
If therer was a garage fire spread into the house and I was in the
basement "my goose may be cooked". There is a functioning smoke alarm
at the top of the basement stairs, as well as in the basement, the
living room of the main floor, and at the top of the stairway to the
upstairs, as well as CO detectors on each floor (2 in the basement)

We cut a door into our bedroom wall here but in my old house in
Maryland I installed sprinklers in the egress route.

OCD!

It was one of
those "split foyer" houses where the stairs between floors was a choke
point and the utilities were under those stairs. I installed
sprinklers under the foyer in the utility room, in the foyer and in
the hall on both floors leading to there from the bedrooms.
A fireman I know told me a few horror stories and I had to act. The
scary thing is this was the most popular house design around for years
up there. It probably still is.
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/72house.jpg
I had to fight to get a door in the lower level. Most did not have one
making this "one way out" from down stairs, up that staircase. They
ended up regrading the back yard and giving me my door as a condition
of the purchase. I am not even sure how that got out of plan review.

The easiest way to upgrade your house is to not tell anyone. It's your house and nobody else's business. If it puts people off buying it when you eventually sell it, well that's your problem.

--
Why does a one-story brothel make more money than a two-story brothel?
Because there's no ****ing overhead.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 13 May 2018 20:35:53 +0100, wrote:

On Sun, 13 May 2018 14:46:09 -0400, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Sun, 13 May 2018 00:43:20 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 05/12/2018 11:52 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Saturday, May 12, 2018 at 11:16:16 PM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 05/12/2018 03:48 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
And I though Florida was dry?

The highest point in Florida is 345' above sea level and it's up on the
Alabama border. Left to its own devices, Florida is a swamp.

Heck, I knew Alabama was holding Florida's head above water. ^_^

I went looking for that mountain peak before GPS's were around, never
could find it. There are a lot of little hills in that part of Alabama
and Florida. It's someplace around Florala. I do believe I've walked up
Cheaha. At least the Talledegas are real mountains.

Britton Hill in Walton County is the "high point" - up in the
panhandle. Down in the peninsula its around Lake Wales -"Sugarloaf
Mountain" at about 312 feet. About the diffference in elevation
between the Freeport Bridge at the west end of Kitchener Cedar Hill, a
few miles to the North East.

Our local little ski hill, Chicopee, has a greater vertical drop than
the total hight above sea level of Britton Hill!!!

The highest point in Lee County is the landfill. It used to be Mound
Key, the Calusa Indian landfill 500 years ago.

The local landfill to me (still in operation) has new houses being built next to it. Who the **** lives there? There must be a lot of people with no sense of smell.

--
Das Computer Maschine Ist Nich Fur Gefingerenpoken Und Mittengrabben!
Ist Easy Schnappen Der Springenwerken Mit Spitzensparken Und Poppenkorken!
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Troll-feeding Senile Yank Alert!

On Sun, 13 May 2018 15:01:01 -0400, , the obnoxious,
mentally challenged, troll-feeding retard, blabbered again:

AKA "animals near here that could kill me"

Well, that stupid Scottish animal can't kill you, Yankietard, but it sure
knows how to pwn you! LOL

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Most people are smart enough not to buy a house next to a landfill but
I would not be surprised if they do develop it. A clue is when you see
sea gulls in your yard and you are 15 miles from the beach.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

They seem to sell easily, maybe they're really cheap?

And I can't tell with the gulls as there's a an estuary near it.

--
When you own Llamas... spit happens
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/13/2018 12:14 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Sun, 13 May 2018 18:06:57 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 05/13/2018 08:42 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Sun, 13 May 2018 15:40:34 +0100, Uncle Monster
wrote:

On Sunday, May 13, 2018 at 9:17:39 AM UTC-5, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife
wrote:
On Sun, 13 May 2018 03:39:58 +0100, Uncle Monster
wrote:

On Saturday, May 12, 2018 at 6:48:44 PM UTC-5, Jimmy Wilkinson
Knife wrote:
On Sun, 13 May 2018 00:06:49 +0100, Uncle Monster
wrote:

On Saturday, May 12, 2018 at 2:26:31 PM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 05/12/2018 12:56 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
I have a 7" Fire tablet and I bought the protective housing
for it after I dropped it a few times. Now I drop it all the time but
the case protects it. I've been watching the Andromeda TV series on
the little 7" tablet when I visit the toilet to drop a load of
Readymix. I used to take a magazine or newspaper(remember them) with
me to the bathroom when I needed to rid myself of toxic solid waste.
Ain't technology amazing? ^_^

I was watching Andromeda. Netflix had the first season but not
the rest.
I got up to Season 2, Episode 8 on Amazon and it wouldn't play.
A popup
said I needed a ComicCon subscription, $4.99 a month after a 7
day free
trial. I think Season 3 is still available.

A guy was bitching about another scifi show he had been
watching that
suddenly required a subscription. Apparently ComicCon bought
the rights
to some of the old shows and are trying to capitalize.

https://variety.com/2017/digital/new...hq-1202601338/

What ****es me is I'm guessing the buck stops at Lionsgate; I
doubt Lexi
Doig and the others are getting big royalty checks.

My friend The Penguin has a dog named Lexi who's a psychotic
beagle. She's also a cutie. From watching all of the SciFi shows, I
find it a bit amusing that most of the humans and aliens in outer
space are Canadians. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Space Monster

I thought most actors in American shows were Canadians because
Americans are too thick to act.
--

Not exactly. It's cheaper to produce TV shows in Vancouver which is
up the coast from Californiastan. I imagine it's still close enough

[8~{} Uncle Southern Monster

You call everything "istan" on the end, but claim not to be racist?
--

You mean like Englandistan? WTF does "istan" have to do with racism?
Can you define the word "racist" or do you just start barking it when

[8~{} Uncle Humorous Monster

You suffix placenames with istan because you hate the influx of Muslims.

'Muslim' is not a race...

Why do people say that ****? They all look the same so clearly they're
a race. Maybe the race name is different, but most Muslims are the same
race.

So Indonesians look like Arabs? Chechens look like Uyghurs? Persians
look like Pakistanis? Is Christian a race?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/13/2018 01:38 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
All the mad ****s have big beards like this:
http://i0.wp.com/cdn.musliminc.com/w...?fit=900%2C599

You can't tell me they're not all the same race.

https://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia...n_1826929a.jpg

Five Moslems?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/13/2018 12:16 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

If there were animals near here that could kill me, I'd have a gun,
legal or not. But you guys mainly have them to shoot people.

In some parts of the US people are the animals that could kill you. To
date there have been 173 homicides in Chicago. Black bears killed two
people in 2017 in the entire US and Canada combined.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 13 May 2018 20:10:49 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

So Indonesians look like Arabs? Chechens look like Uyghurs? Persians
look like Pakistanis? Is Christian a race?

Billy Connolly describes Scots as "blue people" and I assume Sword
thinks anyone darker than him are all the same race.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/13/2018 12:50 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

The most water around herein Scotland is due to a snow melt.

The local river has beat the 100 year record for the flood stage. It's
been rainy but that is mostly due to snow melt from warmer temperatures.

The high water happens every year in May through early June; it just
happens to be a little higher this year. There are a few houses that are
flooded but they get flooded almost every year too. When I was a kid we
lived on a creek and the cellar flooded every spring. Never really hurt
anything unless you left your toys on the cellar floor. For that matter
the toy pirate ship worked just fine.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/13/2018 12:34 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
Glasgow is also among the poorest cities in the UK (Only Hackney and
Tower districts of London rank poorer), with the lowest average
education level.

The home of the famous Glasgow smile. They must be really friendly
people there.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/13/2018 12:46 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
Our local little ski hill, Chicopee, has a greater vertical drop than
the total hight above sea level of Britton Hill!!!

Pines Peak Ski Resort in northern Indiana has a massive 150' of vertical
drop. That's my kind of ski slope; I really don't like going downhill on
skis very much.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

At least the Talledegas are real mountains.

The people in Colorado and California would argue about that.

Considering I'm sitting at 3000', which is higher than any point in
Alabama, and surrounded by mountains from 5000' to 10,000', yeah. otoh,
you can find them, unlike Mt. Alligator or whatever the FL high point
is. I can never remember the name.

I thought the high point of Florida was Magic Mountain. Seriously, I
think it's the third highest point in FL.

Cheaha has abut 1400' of prominence which makes it stand out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Chocorua

That not much of a mountain in an area that has 46 peaks over 4000' but
it certainly gets photographed a lot. I've been on it in the winter and
the summer; summer is easier but a few feet of snow discourages the crowds.

Whiteface is one of the nicer mountains in the NE. Can't beat the
views and there is a nice highway to the top.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, May 13, 2018 at 9:14:59 PM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 05/13/2018 01:38 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
All the mad ****s have big beards like this:
http://i0.wp.com/cdn.musliminc.com/w...?fit=900%2C599

You can't tell me they're not all the same race.

https://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia...n_1826929a.jpg

Five Moslems?

Hey! A beard convention. I wonder who won the contest? ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Bearded Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, May 13, 2018 at 9:14:59 PM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 05/13/2018 01:38 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
All the mad ****s have big beards like this:
http://i0.wp.com/cdn.musliminc.com/w...?fit=900%2C599

You can't tell me they're not all the same race.

https://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia...n_1826929a.jpg

Five Moslems?

Same people, different bible. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Observant Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowman, Birdbrain's eternal senile whore!

On Sun, 13 May 2018 20:56:18 -0600, lowbrowman, the endlessly driveling
senile idiot, blabbered again:

Once you get out of the classy neighborhoods the women will be black and
shiny. Mess with them at your own risk.

The gay Scottish ****** can't mess with women; he can ONLY mess with you
senile Yankietards on ahr. LOL

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 13 May 2018 20:42:07 -0600, lowbrowman, the endlessly driveling
senile idiot, blabbered again:

The most water around herein Scotland is due to a snow melt.

The local river has beat the 100 year record for the flood stage.

FLUSH senile drivel

Don't they have occupational therapy for their senile oafs in the US,
lowbrowman? You know, it might help you to stop driveling endlessly in your
known senile manner!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 13 May 2018 20:15:38 -0600, lowbrowman, the endlessly driveling
senile idiot, blabbered again:

https://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia...n_1826929a.jpg

Five Moslems?

Lowbrowman, you, like most of the other senile Yankietards on ahr,
DEFINITELY need occupational therapy!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 13 May 2018 20:10:49 -0600, lowbrowman, the endlessly driveling
senile idiot, blabbered again:

Why do people say that ****? They all look the same so clearly they're
a race. Maybe the race name is different, but most Muslims are the same
race.

So Indonesians look like Arabs? Chechens look like Uyghurs? Persians
look like Pakistanis? Is Christian a race?

The fact is that BOTH of you, regardless of your looks, come across as
endlessly driveling total idiots!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 13 May 2018 20:26:25 -0600, lowbrowman, the endlessly driveling
senile idiot, blabbered again:

If there were animals near here that could kill me, I'd have a gun,
legal or not. But you guys mainly have them to shoot people.

In some parts of the US people are the animals that could kill you. To
date there have been 173 homicides in Chicago. Black bears killed two
people in 2017 in the entire US and Canada combined.

You two gossiping washerwomen take your idiotic driveling off to an
appropriate ng! Capisci?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 14 May 2018 03:26:25 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 05/13/2018 12:16 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

If there were animals near here that could kill me, I'd have a gun,
legal or not. But you guys mainly have them to shoot people.

In some parts of the US people are the animals that could kill you. To
date there have been 173 homicides in Chicago. Black bears killed two
people in 2017 in the entire US and Canada combined.

But how many whites have been killed in Chicago?

--
Got myself a new Jack Russell puppy, he's mainly black and brown with a small white patch, so I've named him England.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/14/2018 8:28 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Mon, 14 May 2018 03:26:25 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 05/13/2018 12:16 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

If there were animals near here that could kill me, I'd have a gun,
legal or not.* But you guys mainly have them to shoot people.

In some parts of the US people are the animals that could kill you. To
date there have been 173 homicides in Chicago. Black bears killed two
people in 2017 in the entire US and Canada combined.

But how many whites have been killed in Chicago?

4.8% are white/other
Statistic on race is on the left, about half way down
https://heyjackass.com/

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Whatever race this is, is what people colloquially refer to as a Muslim, whether they're religious or atheist. It may not be biologically correct, but that's how the English language goes:
http://i0.wp.com/cdn.musliminc.com/w...?fit=900%2C599
Presumably technically he's a Paki.

--
Cindy once remarked to her dentist that she didn't know what would be worse - having a baby, or having a tooth pulled.
The Dentist replied, "Well make up your mind, Cindy - because I need to know which way to position the chair."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/14/2018 06:27 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

This is what everyone calls a Muslim (I just typed Muslim into Google
images):

In most cases 'everybody' refers the the lowest common denominator of
ignorance.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/14/2018 06:28 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Mon, 14 May 2018 03:26:25 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 05/13/2018 12:16 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

If there were animals near here that could kill me, I'd have a gun,
legal or not. But you guys mainly have them to shoot people.

In some parts of the US people are the animals that could kill you. To
date there have been 173 homicides in Chicago. Black bears killed two
people in 2017 in the entire US and Canada combined.

But how many whites have been killed in Chicago?

Over the years it runs about 4% of the total body count.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 14 May 2018 03:42:07 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 05/13/2018 12:50 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

The most water around herein Scotland is due to a snow melt.

The local river has beat the 100 year record for the flood stage. It's
been rainy but that is mostly due to snow melt from warmer temperatures.

The high water happens every year in May through early June; it just
happens to be a little higher this year. There are a few houses that are
flooded but they get flooded almost every year too. When I was a kid we
lived on a creek and the cellar flooded every spring. Never really hurt
anything unless you left your toys on the cellar floor. For that matter
the toy pirate ship worked just fine.

People should check water levels before building or buying houses. I had two choices when I moved here 18 years ago. The other was next to a river and only a foot above it. Funnily enough a colleague of mine bought a house in the same street, he said his garden gets flooded with a few inches of water every time there's heavy rain. I'm glad I had more sense than him.

--
Why don't Siamese cats come in pairs?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 14 May 2018 10:07:32 -0600, lowbrowman, the endlessly driveling
senile idiot, blabbered again:

This is what everyone calls a Muslim (I just typed Muslim into Google
images):

lowest common denominator of ignorance.

Certainly embodied by you two idiots, lowbrowman! BG
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 14 May 2018 10:25:13 -0600, lowbrowman, the endlessly driveling
senile idiot, blabbered again:

I guess you'd claim Jew isn't a race either?

Instances of conversion are relatively rare. What race would you assign
to Sammy Davis Jr., Elizabeth Taylor, or Ivanka Trump Kushner?

BOTH of you clearly belong to the universal race of IDIOTS!

Should I consider a swamp cooler? [email protected] Home Repair 17 June 18th 05 11:06 AM
swamp cooler question JK Home Repair 14 June 7th 05 09:47 PM
replacement bottom swamp cooler pans Anthony Ewell Home Repair 5 May 24th 05 09:11 PM
swamp cooler anode Anthony Ewell Home Repair 5 May 24th 05 07:06 AM
Swamp cooler question SteveB Metalworking 31 May 24th 05 03:28 AM