Posted to alt.home.repair

Default A/C vs. swamp cooler?

On Wed, 09 May 2018 05:34:05 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 09/05/2018 04:13, rbowman wrote:
On 05/08/2018 03:43 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
It's not so much the water getting out as air (well hydrogen) being
created from rust inside the radiators and blocking the flow of water.
Why can't someone invent a water pump that can cope with an air bubble?

Switch to steam heat; the radiators have air vents.

All water central heating radiators have air vents. If they didn't,
they'd have lots of air inside them.

The trouble is they aren't automatic. And it assumes that the vents are always where the air collects. I often get air stuck in the middle of some piping, or in the pump.

--
Sit on my lap, and we'll talk about the first thing that comes up.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 09 May 2018 06:13:31 +0100, Clare Snyder wrote:

On Tue, 8 May 2018 22:07:22 -0600, rbowman wrote:

On 05/08/2018 02:35 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Tue, 08 May 2018 20:52:52 +0100, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Tue, 8 May 2018 10:05:00 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/8/2018 9:22 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

Why, when we have more efficient central heating systems using lower
cost fuel? They are good in some areas, but not all. My new house
will
have a heat pump but it is a much more mild climate.

I can use electricity or gas. Gas is way cheaper, but you can't run a
heat pump with it. Heat pumps cost about the same to run as gas.

Nearest gas is 1/4 mile away. We use oil.
Ben there, done that. STINKTY stuff!!!
At least the new burners burn a bit cleaner and there is less sulphur
in it than their used to be...

The exhaust is meant to be outside the house?

The best part is when your oil guy falls asleep at the switch and
overfills the tank, dumping a few gallons on the cement floor of the
cellar.

Or fills the basement of the house next door who has removed the
tank to convert to gas - and turned the pipe DOWN - the delivery guy
turns the pipe back up and doesn't realize he has a problem untill he
has pumped significantly more than the tank would have held.

Happened locally.

I can't believe you guys store oil indoors! In the UK the tank is outside. No smells, no leaks, no problem.

--
If you can't beat your computer at chess, try kick boxing.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 09 May 2018 06:16:38 +0100, Clare Snyder wrote:

On Tue, 8 May 2018 22:15:16 -0600, rbowman wrote:

On 05/08/2018 01:58 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
There is nothing simpler for central heat than forced air - whether
gas,(natural or propane), oil, or wood fired. Electric is just as
simple, but HELLISHLY EXPENSIVE - particularly here in Ontario.

How do you manage that? It's Ontario Hydro, isn't it? I thought you had
so much surplus capacity you were selling power to New York.

At below cost due to the inefficiencies and stupidity of government
and management.

Cost per KwHr including delivery charges etc is well over $$0.18 on
average in Ontario right now.

Cheaper than the UK price of £0.12 (yours equates to £0.10). That's not expensive. Parts of the US are cheaper, and parts are quite a lot more expensive.

--
Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 09 May 2018 04:12:36 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 05/08/2018 03:23 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
At least forced air HAS filters - which DO remove a lot of dust fron
the air, and hot water heat is every bit as "dry" as forced air. The
water stays IN the radiators. (or at least is is supposed to!!!)

But the radiator is a convenient place to set a pan of water...

To do what?

--
After three years of marriage, Kim was still questioning her husband about his lurid past.
"C'mon, tell me," she asked for the thousandth time, "How many women have you slept with?"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/05/2018 17:43, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Wed, 09 May 2018 05:05:21 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 05/08/2018 01:51 PM, wrote:
OTOH those people die here when it is 90f 90r/h and they brag about
jogging when it is 105 on Phoenix. I can be out there in the afternoon
mixing concrete in a wheelbarrow.

If humans were supposed to live in 90%+ humidity we would still have
gills.

We're 90% water anyway aren't we?

About 60%

--
Bod

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/08/2018 01:51 PM, wrote:
OTOH those people die here when it is 90f 90r/h and they brag about
jogging when it is 105 on Phoenix. I can be out there in the afternoon
mixing concrete in a wheelbarrow.

If humans were supposed to live in 90%+ humidity we would still have gills.

We're 90% water anyway aren't we?
--

Humans would be mushy if that were so. O_o

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_water

[8~{} Uncle Leaking Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 9 May 2018 09:27:38 -0700 (PDT), Auntie Senile Monster drooled and
driveled again:

I like you Cindy. blush ^_^

BG What an idiot!

[8~{} Uncle **** Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default ESPECIALLY Senile Yank Alert!

On Wed, 9 May 2018 10:27:26 -0700 (PDT), Auntie Senile Monster drooled and
driveled again:

We're 90% water anyway aren't we?
--

Humans would be mushy if that were so. O_o

In fact, YOU do come across as totally mushy, Incontinent Monster!

[8~{} Uncle Incontinent Leaking Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 09 May 2018 04:50:06 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 05/08/2018 03:44 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Tue, 08 May 2018 22:24:56 +0100, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Tue, 08 May 2018 15:47:32 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 08 May 2018 14:20:30 +0100, "Jimmy Wilkinson Knife"
wrote:

I detest fireplaces. When not in use, you can hear the neighbour's
dog through the chimney. And presumably you're losing a lot of heat
through it too.

That is why we have a fake one. It is a Dimco and the fire looks
pretty real (not just a roller wrapped in crumpled foil with a light
behind it). Most of the time it is just running in fake mode using a
few watts of power but there is a 1.44KW heater in there that is
plenty to warm the living room.

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Fireplace%202.jpg

Direct vent gas fireplaces also do not let out heat or make you
listen to the neighbour's dog .

Yes those are fine, I was referring to the old fashioned coal/wood
fireplaces that belong two centuries ago.

I had a flat in an old brownstone that had three fireplaces, one fake,
one real, and one with a gas log. The real one was handy for breaking up
the furniture and tossing it in on cold nights. Twelve foot ceilings,
marginal heating, and lots of glass, it was a real Victorian wonder.

Those were built before we invented this crazy idea that we must be cosy all the time. Humans are warm blooded.

--
What is the difference between a 69 and driving in the fog?
When driving in the fog, you can't see the asshole in front of you.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

We call those "iceboxes"

The 12 foot ceilings are nice. I detest the cramped modern houses with only 8 foot ceilings.

--
O'Hare Approach Control to a 747: "United 329 heavy, your traffic is a Fokker, one o'clock, three miles, Eastbound."
United 239: "Approach, I've always wanted to say this... I've got the little Fokker in sight."

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 09 May 2018 09:04:27 +0100, gregz wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote:
On Mon, 07 May 2018 17:34:32 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 05/07/2018 07:44 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
It wouldn't matter to me which was more efficient. A swamp cooler is a
pretend AC unit. It evaporates water, therefore humidifying the room.
Also a real AC unit can run in reverse and serve as a heat pump for winter.

In places where a swamp cooler works, a little more humidity isn't a bad
thing.

Why does anyone want humidity? If it's hot, humid air makes it feel
hotter, as your sweat can't evaporate so easily. In cold weather, the
damp cools you down more. So it's never wanted.

30-35% is OK vs 15%. you can also smell better, hence the name swamp. I had
swamp cooler both in Army and home, 7 years.

Smell better? You mean less BO? Or an increased ability to detect things with your nose?

--
A man goes to the Doctor and says "Doctor I think my wife's been dead for two weeks."
"Dead for two weeks, how did you work that out?"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 09 May 2018 11:34:34 +0100, wrote:

On Tuesday, May 8, 2018 at 10:26:41 AM UTC-4, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Tue, 08 May 2018 15:15:24 +0100, wrote:

On Tuesday, May 8, 2018 at 9:14:13 AM UTC-4, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Tue, 08 May 2018 00:26:06 +0100, wrote:

On Mon, 07 May 2018 21:23:04 +0100, "Jimmy Wilkinson Knife"
wrote:

On Mon, 07 May 2018 21:13:18 +0100, wrote:

On Mon, 07 May 2018 19:59:34 +0100, "Jimmy Wilkinson Knife"
wrote:

On Mon, 07 May 2018 19:07:11 +0100, wrote:

On Mon, 07 May 2018 18:28:24 +0100, "Jimmy Wilkinson Knife"
wrote:

On Mon, 07 May 2018 17:34:32 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 05/07/2018 07:44 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
It wouldn't matter to me which was more efficient. A swamp cooler is a
pretend AC unit. It evaporates water, therefore humidifying the room.
Also a real AC unit can run in reverse and serve as a heat pump for winter.

In places where a swamp cooler works, a little more humidity isn't a bad
thing.

Why does anyone want humidity? If it's hot, humid air makes it feel hotter, as your sweat can't evaporate so easily. In cold weather, the damp cools you down more. So it's never wanted.

You really should get out of Scotland sometimes. There are plenty of
places where the humidity is very low. The house being too dry is a
problem.

Why? What's so bad about dry air?

People run humidifiers in the winter. The other thing you
miss is if it gets much below zero C, your heat pump stops working.
There just is not enough available heat to do you any good and the
outside coils ice up.

Funny how a domestic freezer can easily make it down to -20C on the cold side.

Even at 5-7 C they are not very efficient. That
is why they usually have toaster wire strips in them.
When you want to heat something up, it is hard to beat burning gas if
you have it. Gas is really cheap here.

Here too, but a heat pump sounds simpler.

What is simpler than a burner a metal can and a fan?

All the radiators/pumps/valves/pipes to distribute the heat.

Most gas furnaces in the US are forced air distribution just like the
AC unit and use the same duct system. Using water and radiators went
away shortly after WWII. I never lived in a house with a radiator.

There must be a reason America uses air and Britain uses water.
Both seem to have advantages, but what would annoy me are draughts and noise, so I'd always fit water:
http://resources.heatingoilexpress.c...-home-heating/

To each their own. We run the blower on the HVAC system constantly.
We often have the ceiling fans running as well, particularly in the
summer when the rooms are much more comfortable if we don't let
warm air collect near the ceiling. Like most cold-climate houses,
our ducts feed air near the floor, having been designed before
home central air was popular.

Does it make an audible noise?

A pleasant white noise.

I find white noise anything but pleasant. In fact any nonstop noise ****es me off.

Do you ever notice the draughts?

No. Perhaps I enjoy the sensation of moving air more than you do.

I prefer to be able to lay paperwork on my desk and have it stay there.

Also moving air will cool you down, so you then need to heat the room more.

If it's so perfect, why isn't the UK ditching their water systems?

https://www.thegreenage.co.uk/comparing-the-us-and-the-uk-how-do-we-heat-our-homes/

All I saw in that was:

1) We want it smaller.
2) You want it to cool aswell.

I guess those are enough reasons.

Plus, there's this:

you can only install what someone is willing to sell you, and someone else is willing to install. When I moved into my house noone locally had ever heard of underfloor heating, so I couldn't do it unless I was willing to do it myself. Contractors matter, a lot, in what gets built.
https://www.quora.com/Why-is-there-no-forced-air-heating-in-the-UK

That claims air heating is inefficient. Why would that be so?

I've not seen one single air system over here, so there must be something wrong with them.

I suspect they're cheaper to install. If your ductwork leaks, it's
no big deal. If your water line leaks, it's a big problem. Less
skill is required, therefore less cost.

I assume by "they're cheaper" you mean the air ones are cheaper, so why would we put in the more expensive ones?

--
Do you know how to get an 88 year old woman to say "BITCH!"?
You get a 72 year old woman to yell "BINGO!"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 09 May 2018 17:39:52 +0100, "Jimmy Wilkinson Knife"
wrote:

On Wed, 09 May 2018 01:42:57 +0100, wrote:

On Tue, 08 May 2018 21:37:28 +0100, "Jimmy Wilkinson Knife"
wrote:

On Tue, 08 May 2018 21:07:08 +0100, wrote:

On Tue, 08 May 2018 15:17:57 +0100, "Jimmy Wilkinson Knife"
wrote:

I'm surprised glass can support the weight of those things.

Window shakers sit on the sill and that carries most of the weight,
The window frame keeps it from falling out. The new ones are really
pretty light and they don't actually "shake" much. Some of those old
ones took two people to pick up and they rattled the pictures on the
wall when the compressor shut down.

I'm surprised they could rattle pictures without shattering the glass they were touching.

The glass was typically in a wooden frame and pretty well insulated
from the vibration.

And the pictures on a seperate wall weren't?

You must have some pretty fragile glass there if vibrating the frame
shatters it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 09 May 2018 17:40:45 +0100, "Jimmy Wilkinson Knife"
wrote:

On Wed, 09 May 2018 01:45:59 +0100, wrote:

On Tue, 08 May 2018 21:35:32 +0100, "Jimmy Wilkinson Knife"
wrote:

On Tue, 08 May 2018 20:54:46 +0100, Clare Snyder wrote:

On Tue, 8 May 2018 11:59:59 -0600, rbowman wrote:

On 05/08/2018 07:14 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
Non-frost-free freezers manage just fine. And the inside of a freezer
is most certainly not dry.

You haven't seen my non-frost-free freezer apparently. I seldom use it
and defrost it about once a year when the ice buildup impacts the shelf
space.
If a freezer is not opened to let in humid air it is VERY dry.

Nonsense, where has the water gone then?

When you defrost the old style freezer you break off the ice and throw
it away. On a "frost free" it is melted, runs down the back and drips
out the bottom into a tray under the fridge. The condenser coil is
usually under that tray and evaporates the water into the air in the
house.

I guess people have better frost free designs than I do.

Maybe so.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 09 May 2018 14:19:00 +0100, Clare Snyder wrote:

On Wed, 9 May 2018 03:51:07 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Tuesday, May 8, 2018 at 4:36:59 PM UTC-4, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Tue, 08 May 2018 20:58:52 +0100, Clare Snyder wrote:

On Tue, 8 May 2018 10:01:41 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/7/2018 7:26 PM,
wrote:

Most gas furnaces in the US are forced air distribution just like the
AC unit and use the same duct system. Using water and radiators went
away shortly after WWII. I never lived in a house with a radiator.

Here in New England water is still used a lot. I have baseboard and it
does an excellent job providing even heat and no noise. Central AC is
not as popular here as in warmer climates.

Another reason is fuel. Oil is still the most used and works best with
water. Electric, either resistance or heat pump is very expensive here
with the highest rates in the country.
Oil Forced Air was the "standard" for North American central heat
for decades. A LOT less problems than hydronics - and if the power
goes out and it gets cold Hydronics can get REAL EXPENSIVE, and REAL
FAST!!!!!

Why would a water based system cost more in a power outage?

The pipes freeze and burst.

Why doesn't EVERYBODY just plong the scottish fool ????

Why don't you? You can see my posts, so clearly you haven't killfiled me, or your killfile is broken. Stop asking others to do your work for you.

--
British Rail Customer: "How much does it cost to Bath on the train?"
Operator: "If you can get your feet in the sink, then it's free".
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 09 May 2018 17:42:17 +0100, "Jimmy Wilkinson Knife"
wrote:

On Wed, 09 May 2018 04:16:29 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 05/08/2018 01:39 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
I don't see how the queen is relevant, but like most of the UK
population I wish the parasite would go away. She's not in power, the
prime minister is. She does nothing and gets paid millions for it.

Your dysfunctional royals are good for the tourist trade. How many
pounds will Harry's trip to the slave quarters net?

I don't believe that. I'm sure the same number of tourists would come here without the royals being here. You don't come to the UK just to see royals, you come for another reason and see them while you're here.

If I was there at all I would not be in England anyway. We are
thinking about visiting Scotland and Ireland tho and avoiding any big
cities as much as possible.
I would not walk over to the window of the airport lounge to look at a
"royal".
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Cindy Hamilton

Why doesn't EVERYBODY just plong the scottish fool ????

Well, as a pathetic Google Grouper, I can't. I find him somewhat
amusing, so I occasionally respond to his posts.

Tell her to killfile me herself. For some reason she can see your replies to me, so her killfile isn't much better than your missing one. If I killfile someone, I never ever see them again, not even in replies. Because I had the sense to install a fully functional newsreader.

If [entire message] contains "Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" then delete.

Easy enough.

--
Create instant designer stubble by sucking a magnet and dipping your chin in a bowl of iron fillings.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Are you two fanbois of me or something?

--
Listerine was invented in the 19th century as powerful surgical antiseptic. It was later sold, in a very distilled form, as both a floor cleaner and a cure for gonorrhea. But it wasn't a runaway success until the 1920s, when it was pitched as a solution to "chronic halitosis", the faux medical term that the Listerine advertising group created in 1921 to describe bad breath. By creating a "medical condition" for which consumers now felt they needed a cure, Listerine created the market for their mouthwash. Until that time, bad breath was not conventionally considered catastrophic, but Listerine's ad campaign changed that. In just seven years, the company's revenues rose from $115,000 to more than $8 million.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 09 May 2018 17:45:09 +0100, "Jimmy Wilkinson Knife"
wrote:

On Wed, 09 May 2018 05:34:05 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 09/05/2018 04:13, rbowman wrote:
On 05/08/2018 03:43 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
It's not so much the water getting out as air (well hydrogen) being
created from rust inside the radiators and blocking the flow of water.
Why can't someone invent a water pump that can cope with an air bubble?

Switch to steam heat; the radiators have air vents.

All water central heating radiators have air vents. If they didn't,
they'd have lots of air inside them.

The trouble is they aren't automatic. And it assumes that the vents are always where the air collects. I often get air stuck in the middle of some piping, or in the pump.

It has been 50 years since I was around a radiator but the ones we had
in my high school had some kind of vent on the side that seemed to be
letting air/steam out a lot.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Um, Cindy is a gal. I'm no one's fanboi except for myself. I think I'm awesome! ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Fan Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I'm surprised glass can support the weight of those things.

Window shakers sit on the sill and that carries most of the weight,
The window frame keeps it from falling out. The new ones are really
pretty light and they don't actually "shake" much. Some of those old
ones took two people to pick up and they rattled the pictures on the
wall when the compressor shut down.

I'm surprised they could rattle pictures without shattering the glass they were touching.

The glass was typically in a wooden frame and pretty well insulated
from the vibration.

And the pictures on a seperate wall weren't?

You must have some pretty fragile glass there if vibrating the frame
shatters it.

My point is to move a picture you must be shaking the entire wall. That's a lot of shaking.

--
Women are like a pack of cards... you need a heart to love them, diamonds to marry them, a club to kill them and a spade to bury them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

You're what I'd call a sensible tourist. But lots of people seem to go abroad to see cities. WTF is so interesting about a city? It's just concrete buildings! Go see nature FFS.

--
Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field towards each other like two freight trains, one having left York at 6:36 p.m. travelling at 55mph, the other from Peterborough at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35mph. The brakes decelerate each train at the rate of 1.0 m/s2. Is there a collision? What distance do the trains need to allow between them to stop at this deceleration? What deceleration do the two trains need to have to stop in exactly a distance of 938m?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Wed, 09 May 2018 05:34:05 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 09/05/2018 04:13, rbowman wrote:
On 05/08/2018 03:43 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
It's not so much the water getting out as air (well hydrogen) being
created from rust inside the radiators and blocking the flow of water.
Why can't someone invent a water pump that can cope with an air bubble?

Switch to steam heat; the radiators have air vents.

All water central heating radiators have air vents. If they didn't,
they'd have lots of air inside them.

The trouble is they aren't automatic. And it assumes that the vents are always where the air collects. I often get air stuck in the middle of some piping, or in the pump.

It has been 50 years since I was around a radiator but the ones we had
in my high school had some kind of vent on the side that seemed to be
letting air/steam out a lot.

I've never seen a steam radiator. The water ones in the UK require manual venting. And most of the air in my system gets jammed in the pump, stopping the whole system from producing any heat. Then I have to clamber up into the attic and release the air from a struggling pump, which is probably damaging itself.

--
All the American flags on the moon have been bleached by radiation from the sun (which can only be a good thing).
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Wed, 09 May 2018 05:34:05 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 09/05/2018 04:13, rbowman wrote:
On 05/08/2018 03:43 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
It's not so much the water getting out as air (well hydrogen) being
created from rust inside the radiators and blocking the flow of water.
Why can't someone invent a water pump that can cope with an air bubble?

Switch to steam heat; the radiators have air vents.

All water central heating radiators have air vents. If they didn't,
they'd have lots of air inside them.

The trouble is they aren't automatic. And it assumes that the vents are always where the air collects. I often get air stuck in the middle of some piping, or in the pump.

It has been 50 years since I was around a radiator but the ones we had
in my high school had some kind of vent on the side that seemed to be
letting air/steam out a lot.

There were steam radiators at the old Catholic Parochial gulag I attended in the 1950's and as I recall the vent on the side of the radiators was always hissing and spitting out a bit of steam. Then the diocese built a modern new school that had through the wall units under the windows.. I don't recall if they were AC units since it was a long time ago but come to think of it, it was cooler during the summer months inside the new school. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Tortured Monster

Replying to your sig.... were you tortured by priests when younger?

--
What is it when a man talks nasty to a woman?
Sexual Harassment.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

So, not better than forced air, then.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 9 May 2018 12:55:22 -0700 (PDT), Auntie Senile Monster drooled and
driveled again:

Um, Cindy is a gal. I'm no one's fanboi except for myself. I think I'm awesome! ^_^

But in reality you are just a senile toothless cocksucker, poor dumb senile
Auntie!

[8~{} Auntie Fanny Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I think they both have advantages and disadvantages. Dust, bleeding air, size of radiators, size of ducting, etc, etc. I'm shortly going to install a very simple heat pump, no radiators etc. Most of my house has the doors left open all the time anyway, as I have cats wandering about, plus I don't see the point in shutting doors unless I'm sleeping and want silence and darkness. So one unit costing £400, no radiators, no pipes, **** all to maintain, and it cools and heats in one unit.

--
Football is a bunch of millionaires ruining a lawn -- Charlie Brooker
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

No, I was tortured by nuns. My first-grade teacher was an American nun named Sister Godzilla then in the second grade, the diocese imported Irish nuns who believe in capital punishment for small children. I had it rough as a kid. The priests were never mean to me. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Tortured Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I wasn't aware a fanboi was necessarily male. What's the non-sexed word for a fan?
--

There are fangurls around if you need one. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Boy Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Sounds fun to me, why are you objecting?

--
Very funny, Scotty... Now beam down my clothes!
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

What would they be willing to do to/for me?

--
When working with electronics, my best advice is to do whatever it takes to prevent the smoke from leaking out of the components. Electronic parts require the smoke to stay inside to function correctly!
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

What I experienced as a kid is the main reason I don't like people who hurt children. I've been known to body slam someone for hurting a small child. I couldn't physically deter anyone today which is why I have a pistol. O_o

[8~{} Uncle Armed Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Hurt? I'd have loved as a child to have an older woman molest me. What's the big deal? It's every kid's dream!

--
The world record for a talking bird is 1728 words by a budgerigar named Puck, having the same vocabulary as an estate agent.

Should I consider a swamp cooler? [email protected] Home Repair 17 June 18th 05 11:06 AM
swamp cooler question JK Home Repair 14 June 7th 05 09:47 PM
replacement bottom swamp cooler pans Anthony Ewell Home Repair 5 May 24th 05 09:11 PM
swamp cooler anode Anthony Ewell Home Repair 5 May 24th 05 07:06 AM
Swamp cooler question SteveB Metalworking 31 May 24th 05 03:28 AM