Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default A/C vs. swamp cooler?

On 05/13/2018 12:14 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Sun, 13 May 2018 18:06:57 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 05/13/2018 08:42 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Sun, 13 May 2018 15:40:34 +0100, Uncle Monster
wrote:

On Sunday, May 13, 2018 at 9:17:39 AM UTC-5, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife
wrote:
On Sun, 13 May 2018 03:39:58 +0100, Uncle Monster
wrote:

On Saturday, May 12, 2018 at 6:48:44 PM UTC-5, Jimmy Wilkinson
Knife wrote:
On Sun, 13 May 2018 00:06:49 +0100, Uncle Monster
wrote:

On Saturday, May 12, 2018 at 2:26:31 PM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 05/12/2018 12:56 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
I have a 7" Fire tablet and I bought the protective housing
for it after I dropped it a few times. Now I drop it all the time but
the case protects it. I've been watching the Andromeda TV series on
the little 7" tablet when I visit the toilet to drop a load of
Readymix. I used to take a magazine or newspaper(remember them) with
me to the bathroom when I needed to rid myself of toxic solid waste.
Ain't technology amazing? ^_^

I was watching Andromeda. Netflix had the first season but not
the rest.
I got up to Season 2, Episode 8 on Amazon and it wouldn't play.
A popup
said I needed a ComicCon subscription, $4.99 a month after a 7
day free
trial. I think Season 3 is still available.

A guy was bitching about another scifi show he had been
watching that
suddenly required a subscription. Apparently ComicCon bought
the rights
to some of the old shows and are trying to capitalize.

https://variety.com/2017/digital/new...hq-1202601338/

What ****es me is I'm guessing the buck stops at Lionsgate; I
doubt Lexi
Doig and the others are getting big royalty checks.

My friend The Penguin has a dog named Lexi who's a psychotic
beagle. She's also a cutie. From watching all of the SciFi shows, I
find it a bit amusing that most of the humans and aliens in outer
space are Canadians. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Space Monster

I thought most actors in American shows were Canadians because
Americans are too thick to act.
--

Not exactly. It's cheaper to produce TV shows in Vancouver which is
up the coast from Californiastan. I imagine it's still close enough

[8~{} Uncle Southern Monster

You call everything "istan" on the end, but claim not to be racist?
--

You mean like Englandistan? WTF does "istan" have to do with racism?
Can you define the word "racist" or do you just start barking it when

[8~{} Uncle Humorous Monster

You suffix placenames with istan because you hate the influx of Muslims.

'Muslim' is not a race...

Why do people say that ****? They all look the same so clearly they're
a race. Maybe the race name is different, but most Muslims are the same
race.

So Indonesians look like Arabs? Chechens look like Uyghurs? Persians
look like Pakistanis? Is Christian a race?