Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default A/C vs. swamp cooler?

On Sun, 13 May 2018 00:43:20 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 05/12/2018 11:52 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Saturday, May 12, 2018 at 11:16:16 PM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 05/12/2018 03:48 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
And I though Florida was dry?

The highest point in Florida is 345' above sea level and it's up on the
Alabama border. Left to its own devices, Florida is a swamp.

Heck, I knew Alabama was holding Florida's head above water. ^_^

I went looking for that mountain peak before GPS's were around, never
could find it. There are a lot of little hills in that part of Alabama
and Florida. It's someplace around Florala. I do believe I've walked up
Cheaha. At least the Talledegas are real mountains.

Britton Hill in Walton County is the "high point" - up in the
panhandle. Down in the peninsula its around Lake Wales -"Sugarloaf
Mountain" at about 312 feet. About the diffference in elevation
between the Freeport Bridge at the west end of Kitchener Cedar Hill, a
few miles to the North East.

Our local little ski hill, Chicopee, has a greater vertical drop than
the total hight above sea level of Britton Hill!!!