Posted to alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife Jimmy Wilkinson Knife is offline

Default A/C vs. swamp cooler?

On Sun, 13 May 2018 19:01:56 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 05/13/2018 08:53 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/12/2018 5:48 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

"On Slab" works good in Florida where anything resembling a basement
is liable to become an indoor swimming pool

Sump pumps work wonders.

And I though Florida was dry?

Need much more than a sump pump. You can hit water at 6 feet. You can
drill a working well at 10 to 30 feet. f a swimming pool is not filled
with water, it may float up out of the ground.

Rainfall is about 59 inches a year, close to what the UK gets, but it
has many more sunny days. It actually rains more days per year, but the
rain is brief and then the sun is out.

there's brief and then there is brief... I remember one brief afternoon
rainstorm at Highlands Hammock SP near Sebring when I thought I was
going to drown on supposed dry land.

The most water around herein Scotland is due to a snow melt.

--
If you consider television dangerous but routinely carry explosives in your clothing, you may be a Muslim.