Posted to alt.home.repair

Default A/C vs. swamp cooler?

On Sun, 13 May 2018 14:46:09 -0400, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Sun, 13 May 2018 00:43:20 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 05/12/2018 11:52 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Saturday, May 12, 2018 at 11:16:16 PM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 05/12/2018 03:48 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
And I though Florida was dry?

The highest point in Florida is 345' above sea level and it's up on the
Alabama border. Left to its own devices, Florida is a swamp.

Heck, I knew Alabama was holding Florida's head above water. ^_^

I went looking for that mountain peak before GPS's were around, never
could find it. There are a lot of little hills in that part of Alabama
and Florida. It's someplace around Florala. I do believe I've walked up
Cheaha. At least the Talledegas are real mountains.

Britton Hill in Walton County is the "high point" - up in the
panhandle. Down in the peninsula its around Lake Wales -"Sugarloaf
Mountain" at about 312 feet. About the diffference in elevation
between the Freeport Bridge at the west end of Kitchener Cedar Hill, a
few miles to the North East.

Our local little ski hill, Chicopee, has a greater vertical drop than
the total hight above sea level of Britton Hill!!!

The highest point in Lee County is the landfill. It used to be Mound
Key, the Calusa Indian landfill 500 years ago.