Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

Default Flashlight temptation (initial follow up report 5)

My 2 Cents wrote on 5/7/2016 7:48 PM:
On 5/7/2016 8:08 PM, ZUMzX *ighty Wannabe ejqpQ wrote:
My 2 Cents wrote on 5/7/2016 5:38 PM:
On 5/7/2016 6:25 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

After my great grandmother died, we found a ball of string labeled,
"string to short to do anything with". I suppose I inherited some of
those genes.
Here's another thing I don't have... but if I see one at the Dollar
Tree I'll have to have it.
https://www.dollartree.com/Emergency...0905/index.pro

Just to take apart and see what's inside.

That is essentially a battery holder. Four rechargeable AA batteries
will give you close to 5V to charge your devices through the built-in
USB socket.

only two AA batteries... so it must boost the voltage up?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mraqng4303Y

Yes, the room near the USB port must be housing the DC-DC converter to
boost the voltage to 5V.

A normal lithium ion battery is 3.7V and requires a 5V USB voltage for
the charging circuit.

My idea of using 4 rechargeable batteries (4.8V) without using a DC-DC
converter is simple and efficient, except if you put 4 alkaline
batteries it becomes 6V (20% over voltage and no limit on output
current) which may damage some sensitive USB devices connected to it.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

Default Flashlight temptation (intelligence, religion correlation)

On 5/7/2016 6:47 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I was atheist for 25 years, until I met the LDS / Mormon
missionaries. I felt the Spirit, and after a while I
did convert. I've been where you are (atheist) and
do not wish to go back. Maybe some day you'll have
the same experience.

You were likely smarter or at least more realistic then. But I can see
where it is more comforting to delude one's self.

---

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

On Sun, 08 May 2016 14:20:09 +0100, misanthrope wrote:

On 5/7/2016 6:47 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I was atheist for 25 years, until I met the LDS / Mormon
missionaries. I felt the Spirit, and after a while I
did convert. I've been where you are (atheist) and
do not wish to go back. Maybe some day you'll have
the same experience.

You were likely smarter or at least more realistic then. But I can see
where it is more comforting to delude one's self.

Maybe he has early onset dementia?

--
My wife and I were watching Who Wants To Be A Millionaire while we were in bed.
I turned to her and said, "Do you want to have sex?"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, May 8, 2016 at 8:20:15 AM UTC-5, misanthrope wrote:
On 5/7/2016 6:47 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I was atheist for 25 years, until I met the LDS / Mormon
missionaries. I felt the Spirit, and after a while I
did convert. I've been where you are (atheist) and
do not wish to go back. Maybe some day you'll have
the same experience.

You were likely smarter or at least more realistic then. But I can see
where it is more comforting to delude one's self.
---

Don't disparage Stormy. He's never pushed his faith on anyone. He mentions it his sig and would be glad to share it with you if you ask. I've done work for a lot of churches, not because I shared the faith but because the people there are good folks. I've yet to see an atheist group that goes out after a disaster to help people in need. I have seen Mormon groups give aid and comfort to people in need. What have you done lately? o_O

[8~{} Uncle Helpless Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 08 May 2016 14:55:32 +0100, Uncle Monster wrote:

On Sunday, May 8, 2016 at 8:20:15 AM UTC-5, misanthrope wrote:
On 5/7/2016 6:47 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I was atheist for 25 years, until I met the LDS / Mormon
missionaries. I felt the Spirit, and after a while I
did convert. I've been where you are (atheist) and
do not wish to go back. Maybe some day you'll have
the same experience.

You were likely smarter or at least more realistic then. But I can see
where it is more comforting to delude one's self.

Don't disparage Stormy. He's never pushed his faith on anyone. He mentions it his sig

That's pushing it on people.

and would be glad to share it with you if you ask. I've done work for a lot of churches, not because I shared the faith but because the people there are good folks. I've yet to see an atheist group that goes out after a disaster to help people in need. I have seen Mormon groups give aid and comfort to people in need. What have you done lately? o_O

Plenty of charities to help folk without being connected with religion. I'd rather donate to one where all the money goes to help people han half of it paying for churches.

--
What's a diaphragm?
A trampoline for dickheads.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

Default Flashlight temptation (initial follow up report 3)

On Sun, 08 May 2016 04:03:28 +0100, Muggles wrote:

On 5/7/2016 4:08 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Sat, 07 May 2016 21:36:25 +0100, Winston_Smith
wrote:

On Sat, 07 May 2016 21:09:27 +0100, "Mr Macaw" wrote:

As intelligence increases with each generation, religion decreases.

Can you prove a decrease in religion results in an increase of
intelligence ? There seem to be examples to the contrary here.

I'd say the increase in intelligence causes the decrease in religion.
Clever folk realise what they've been taught is a load of ****e.

Religion is only the outward expression of a desire or acknowledgement
that a greater power exists beyond our own selves.

Yes I know what religion is, and it's nonsensical. There is no evidence of a greater power. If there was one, there would be evidence, and if we have to worship it, he would ask for the worship.

--
What does Michael Jackson like about twenty-eight year olds?
The fact that there are twenty of them.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

On Sun, 08 May 2016 19:33:53 +0100, "Mr Macaw" wrote:

Religion is only the outward expression of a desire or acknowledgement
that a greater power exists beyond our own selves.

Yes I know what religion is, and it's nonsensical. There is no evidence of a greater power. If there was one, there would be evidence, and if we have to worship it, he would ask for the worship.

Actually..there have been significant proofs of "greater power" for
thousands of years. It simply depends on the outlook of the viewer of
said events to interpret them as being " significant proofs of greater
power" or "unexplainable events".

Atheism, just another religious belief.

Gunner
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

On Sun, 08 May 2016 01:33:23 +0100, Stormin Mormon wrote:

On 5/7/2016 7:48 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Sun, 08 May 2016 00:47:14 +0100, Stormin Mormon

I was atheist for 25 years, until I met the LDS / Mormon
missionaries. I felt the Spirit, and after a while I
did convert. I've been where you are (atheist) and
do not wish to go back. Maybe some day you'll have
the same experience.

So you are susceptible to brainwashing.

I'm not brainwashed. My leaders told me to say that
to anyone who questions.

You're intending to be funny, but are accidentally telling the truth.

--
Kakistocracy - Government by the least qualified or most unprincipled citizens.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/kakistocracy
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

On Sun, 08 May 2016 11:53:29 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

Atheism, just another religious belief.

Atheism, just another faith based religious belief.

Sorry...seemed to have posted it incorrectly the first time.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

On 5/8/2016 9:20 AM, misanthrope wrote:
On 5/7/2016 6:47 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I was atheist for 25 years, until I met the LDS / Mormon
missionaries. I felt the Spirit, and after a while I
did convert. I've been where you are (atheist) and
do not wish to go back. Maybe some day you'll have
the same experience.

You were likely smarter or at least more realistic then. But I can see
where it is more comforting to delude one's self.

When I was atheist, I thought Christians
were deluded. So, no offense taken. Even
if I know you're wrong.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

wrote:

On Sat, 07 May 2016 21:09:27 +0100, "Mr Macaw" wrote:

As intelligence increases with each generation, religion decreases.

Can you prove a decrease in religion results in an increase of
intelligence ? There seem to be examples to the contrary here.

I'd say the increase in intelligence causes the decrease in religion.
Clever folk realise what they've been taught is a load of ****e.

Religion is only the outward expression of a desire or acknowledgement
that a greater power exists beyond our own selves.

Yes I know what religion is, and it's nonsensical.

No, religion is a logical response to an inward sense that greatness
exists outside of being human.

There is no evidence of a greater power.

Who designed the human nervous system? What sort of intelligence would
it take to get it to function correctly?

If there was one, there would be evidence,

There is evidence, but even evidence is subject to your individual
belief system.

and if
we have to worship it, he would ask for the worship.

Would you want to have to ask, or would you want such adoration given
freely to you?

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.survival,alt.home.repair

Default Flashlight temptation

On 5/7/2016 6:02 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 5/7/2016 6:47 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Wed, 4 May 2016 21:40:32 -0700, GweqI?? ?????? ? ??????? ??rdXiS
wrote:

It all started from Dubya invading Iraqi and Afghanistan to
overcompensate his 9/11, 2001 major ****up.

Oh..you mean that pesky 9/11 attack that was the result of Bubba
Clintons ****up.

I thought it had to do with 17 Saudis and
some air planes? Wonder if they had assault
flashlights?

Bubba was offered Bin Laden's head on a platter for the very first
attack on the WTC years earlier. Bubba didn't want to be bothered.
He was busy getting a blowjob and blowing up an Aspirin factory in
??Yemen??.

ages who mean to govern well, but *They mean to govern*. They promise to
be good masters, *but they mean to be masters*. Daniel Webster
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

On 5/7/2016 5:10 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 5/7/2016 5:09 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
What's your train of logic that let's you morph flashlights into
seeing the one true path to the god or goddess of your choice ?

I'm an atheist. WTF are you on about?

When an atheist sneezes, should I say
"nothing bless you"?

When you drop a rock on your foot, do
you scream "Nothing damn it!"?

How about some Ancient Druidic curse. Much more colorful and some of the
Demons you summon might actually be interesting.

ages who mean to govern well, but *They mean to govern*. They promise to
be good masters, *but they mean to be masters*. Daniel Webster
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

On Sun, 08 May 2016 19:53:29 +0100, Gunner Asch wrote:

On Sun, 08 May 2016 19:33:53 +0100, "Mr Macaw" wrote:

Religion is only the outward expression of a desire or acknowledgement
that a greater power exists beyond our own selves.

Yes I know what religion is, and it's nonsensical. There is no evidence of a greater power. If there was one, there would be evidence, and if we have to worship it, he would ask for the worship.

Actually..there have been significant proofs of "greater power" for
thousands of years. It simply depends on the outlook of the viewer of
said events to interpret them as being " significant proofs of greater
power" or "unexplainable events".

It depends on someone being ****ed enough in the head to jump to conclusions instead of finding out the often more interesting actual cause.

Atheism, just another religious belief.

No, it's the sense to realise that there is no point in believing something there is no proof of, and which is very unlikely.

You're backwards way first thinking is like saying I'm a type of piano player because I avoid playing pianos.

--
CONGRESS.SYS corrupted... Re-boot Washington D.C. (Y/N)?

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

On Sun, 08 May 2016 20:24:06 +0100, Stormin Mormon wrote:

On 5/8/2016 9:20 AM, misanthrope wrote:
On 5/7/2016 6:47 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I was atheist for 25 years, until I met the LDS / Mormon
missionaries. I felt the Spirit, and after a while I
did convert. I've been where you are (atheist) and
do not wish to go back. Maybe some day you'll have
the same experience.

You were likely smarter or at least more realistic then. But I can see
where it is more comforting to delude one's self.

When I was atheist, I thought Christians
were deluded. So, no offense taken. Even
if I know you're wrong.

So you must also know that you used to be wrong. So how do you know you're right now and not then?

--
New here? Pull up a chair and we'll plug you in.
Posted to alt.survival,alt.home.repair

Default Flashlight temptation / Bin Laden bump off

On 5/8/2016 3:42 PM, PaxPerPoten wrote:
On 5/7/2016 6:02 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Oh..you mean that pesky 9/11 attack that was the result of Bubba
Clintons ****up.

I thought it had to do with 17 Saudis and
some air planes? Wonder if they had assault
flashlights?

Bubba was offered Bin Laden's head on a platter for the very first
attack on the WTC years earlier. Bubba didn't want to be bothered.
He was busy getting a blowjob and blowing up an Aspirin factory in
??Yemen??.

I remember some thing about that. Slick Willie
had a short time window to approve of the action.
He was otherwise engaged, and the time window
slid past. Slick had the chance, and blew it.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

On 5/8/2016 2:56 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Sun, 08 May 2016 01:33:23 +0100, Stormin Mormon
So you are susceptible to brainwashing.

I'm not brainwashed. My leaders told me to say that
to anyone who questions.

You're intending to be funny, but are accidentally telling the truth.

Amazing, you have such fantastic insight into the
world. Perhaps you can continue your lessons.
I eagerly await.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

On 5/8/2016 4:14 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Sun, 08 May 2016 20:24:06 +0100, Stormin Mormon

When I was atheist, I thought Christians
were deluded. So, no offense taken. Even
if I know you're wrong.

So you must also know that you used to be wrong. So how do you know
you're right now and not then?

I'm much more in tune with the universe.
Better understand a lot of things.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

On Sun, 08 May 2016 21:14:17 +0100, "Mr Macaw" wrote:

On Sun, 08 May 2016 19:53:29 +0100, Gunner Asch wrote:

On Sun, 08 May 2016 19:33:53 +0100, "Mr Macaw" wrote:

Religion is only the outward expression of a desire or acknowledgement
that a greater power exists beyond our own selves.

Yes I know what religion is, and it's nonsensical. There is no evidence of a greater power. If there was one, there would be evidence, and if we have to worship it, he would ask for the worship.

Actually..there have been significant proofs of "greater power" for
thousands of years. It simply depends on the outlook of the viewer of
said events to interpret them as being " significant proofs of greater
power" or "unexplainable events".

It depends on someone being ****ed enough in the head to jump to conclusions instead of finding out the often more interesting actual cause.

Actually...no it doesnt. There are more than a few events that have
zero explainations and are way..way..way outside the probability
curve. And have been investigated in full, with no resulting data
being developed.

Atheism, just another religious belief.

No, it's the sense to realise that there is no point in believing something there is no proof of, and which is very unlikely.

You're backwards way first thinking is like saying I'm a type of piano player because I avoid playing pianos.

Hardly.

Gunner, Buddhist for 40 yrs so far

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

Default Flashlight temptation (cell phone chargers)

On Mon, 09 May 2016 21:52:52 +0100, Winston_Smith wrote:

On Mon, 9 May 2016 16:36:42 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Cell phone calls are considered to be indirect survivalism.

Our self-appointed survivalist guru is the only one that babbles on
about direct and indirect survivalism.

Another of his special words he's made up to show he's a special
person. The rest of the world has a hard time figuring out what the
h*** he's talking about.

Why did you asterisk hell? Are you also a god botherer?

--
The only differences between lawyers and prostitutes are that prostitutes are generally better looking and more honest about how they make a living.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/08/2016 07:07 AM, Mr Macaw wrote:
He's never pushed his faith on anyone. He mentions it his sig

That's pushing it on people.

He is only telling you what he is and where to follow up
if you are interested. That is not pushing things on anyone.

Seems to me that any mention of a religoun other than your own
(atheist) offends you. And that is religious intolerance.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

wrote:

[...]

And looking around you, you see God's hand in everything.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

On 05/08/2016 12:26 PM, Muggles wrote:
Who designed the human nervous system? What sort of intelligence would
it take to get it to function correctly?

Hi Muggles,

I sometimes refer to God as the Master Bioengineer. :-)

My unscientific observation is that a lot of intelligent
folks do believe in God. Einstein's saying as "How did
he do it?" The more you realize you don't know, the
more humble you become and the more you realize their is
someone's hand in all this.

First sentence of the Nicene Creed:
"We believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of
heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible."

Wisdom of Sirach, chapter 38, v6, KJV:
And he hath given men skill, that he might be
honoured in his marvellous works.

Glory be to God!
-T

It also helps when you have a personal relationship with Jesus
(God) and one of his saints. Can we say "voices in our heads?"
:-)
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

On 05/10/2016 12:35 PM, T wrote:
realize their

^^^^^^^^^ there

:'(

I went to Publik Skool

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

On Tue, 10 May 2016 20:50:48 +0100, T wrote:

On 05/10/2016 12:35 PM, T wrote:
realize their

^^^^^^^^^ there

:'(

I went to Publik Skool

In the UK, "public school" means private school (the one you pay for). "Private school" also means private school, so I say private school.

Having typed school 5 times in the above line, it now looks spelt wrong!

--
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

On 05/10/2016 01:07 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Tue, 10 May 2016 20:50:48 +0100, T wrote:

On 05/10/2016 12:35 PM, T wrote:
realize their

^^^^^^^^^ there

:'(

I went to Publik Skool

In the UK, "public school" means private school (the one you pay for).
"Private school" also means private school, so I say private school.

Having typed school 5 times in the above line, it now looks spelt wrong!

Which one is the one you are threatened with imprisonment and
loss of property (taxes) if you don't pony up for it?
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

On Tue, 10 May 2016 21:11:46 +0100, T wrote:

On 05/10/2016 01:07 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Tue, 10 May 2016 20:50:48 +0100, T wrote:

On 05/10/2016 12:35 PM, T wrote:
realize their
^^^^^^^^^ there

:'(

I went to Publik Skool

In the UK, "public school" means private school (the one you pay for).
"Private school" also means private school, so I say private school.

Having typed school 5 times in the above line, it now looks spelt wrong!

Which one is the one you are threatened with imprisonment and
loss of property (taxes) if you don't pony up for it?

Not sure what you're talking about.

--
Smith & Wesson -- the original point and click interface.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

On 05/10/2016 01:22 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Tue, 10 May 2016 21:11:46 +0100, T wrote:

On 05/10/2016 01:07 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Tue, 10 May 2016 20:50:48 +0100, T wrote:

On 05/10/2016 12:35 PM, T wrote:
realize their
^^^^^^^^^ there

:'(

I went to Publik Skool

In the UK, "public school" means private school (the one you pay for).
"Private school" also means private school, so I say private school.

Having typed school 5 times in the above line, it now looks spelt wrong!

Which one is the one you are threatened with imprisonment and
loss of property (taxes) if you don't pony up for it?

Not sure what you're talking about.

Do you have a public school system? Sounds like you may
contract it out.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

On 5/10/2016 2:35 PM, T wrote:
On 05/08/2016 12:26 PM, Muggles wrote:
Who designed the human nervous system? What sort of intelligence would
it take to get it to function correctly?

Hi Muggles,

I sometimes refer to God as the Master Bioengineer. :-)

My unscientific observation is that a lot of intelligent
folks do believe in God. Einstein's saying as "How did
he do it?" The more you realize you don't know, the
more humble you become and the more you realize their is
someone's hand in all this.

I love to discuss quantum physics in relation to outer space in
discussions about belief in God. How is time measured in space, how do
we know time has always been constant there since many people like to
put a number on the age of the universe and use that as evidence to
estimate the age of the Earth.

I've had some VERY interesting discussions like that!

First sentence of the Nicene Creed:
"We believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of
heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible."

Wisdom of Sirach, chapter 38, v6, KJV:
And he hath given men skill, that he might be
honoured in his marvellous works.

Glory be to God!
-T

Amen, T.

It also helps when you have a personal relationship with Jesus
(God) and one of his saints. Can we say "voices in our heads?"
:-)

....a constant discussion and conversation, I'd say.
--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

On 05/10/2016 01:41 PM, Muggles wrote:
I love to discuss quantum physics in relation to outer space in
discussions about belief in God. How is time measured in space, how do
we know time has always been constant there since many people like to
put a number on the age of the universe and use that as evidence to
estimate the age of the Earth.

I've had some VERY interesting discussions like that!

Hi Muggles,

Something I have found interesting is Einstein's take on
quantum physics. He did not believe it to be correct
because "God is not random". And indeed the theory
which is starting to replace quantum physics, called
String Theory, is not random.

Problem with quantum physics is that it is not unified,
meaning it does not incorporate gravity in its model.
String theory does.

We have a saying in our church. "Do not seek the truth
in science, for today's truths are always tomorrow's
falsehoods. But instead, seek the truth in Jesus Christ,
who is the way, the truth, and the light."

One of my most fascinating courses in college was the
history of science. It was all about tomorrow's
falsehoods. Caloric was a huge one.

My personal belief is that when the eight day comes
and all is revealed, that all our humanity's collective
knowledge and all our machines, we will have not scratched
one cell in God's finger.

I also think that ever since the first human eye laid
sight on the first star in the sky, that we were meant to
go there. I look forward to the light barrier being
broken. I will probably have to watch that happen from
heaven.

And we have Saint Moses to thank for science:

Genius 1, 1-5 KJV
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was
upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved
upon the face of the waters.

And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided
the light from the darkness.

And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called
Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

And that was the beginning of science. The universe was
a creation of God and what we observed around us was nature,
not the work of petty human like gods and magic.

Glory be to God!
-T

String theory is really w-e-i-r-d.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

On Tue, 10 May 2016 22:05:56 +0100, T wrote:

On 05/10/2016 01:41 PM, Muggles wrote:
I love to discuss quantum physics in relation to outer space in
discussions about belief in God. How is time measured in space, how do
we know time has always been constant there since many people like to
put a number on the age of the universe and use that as evidence to
estimate the age of the Earth.

I've had some VERY interesting discussions like that!

Hi Muggles,

Something I have found interesting is Einstein's take on
quantum physics. He did not believe it to be correct
because "God is not random". And indeed the theory
which is starting to replace quantum physics, called
String Theory, is not random.

I wonder how many more things Einstein could have discovered if he wasn't hampered by religion?

--
Judi: "Hon, what is my love worth to you?"
Amanpreet: "Am I buying, or selling?"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, May 10, 2016 at 4:11:05 PM UTC-5, Mr Macaw wrote:

I wonder how many more things Einstein could have discovered if he wasn't hampered by religion?

After all the calculations and proofs he went through, YOU think he was "hampered"? You're ****ed-up!
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

On 05/10/2016 02:10 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Tue, 10 May 2016 22:05:56 +0100, T wrote:

On 05/10/2016 01:41 PM, Muggles wrote:
I love to discuss quantum physics in relation to outer space in
discussions about belief in God. How is time measured in space, how do
we know time has always been constant there since many people like to
put a number on the age of the universe and use that as evidence to
estimate the age of the Earth.

I've had some VERY interesting discussions like that!

Hi Muggles,

Something I have found interesting is Einstein's take on
quantum physics. He did not believe it to be correct
because "God is not random". And indeed the theory
which is starting to replace quantum physics, called
String Theory, is not random.

I wonder how many more things Einstein could have discovered if he
wasn't hampered by religion?

Einstein was driven by "How did he do it". So I have to say,
no. He probably would have just been mediocre.

"hampered by religion"? You lead an insular life.

Often times, those that say they don't believe in religion,
get caught up in religions by other names, such a secular humanism,
atheism, Liberalism, global warming (which is not science, but religoun).

Liberalism, which tells you what you can eat, what you can
wear, who you can speak with, what you can drive, yada, yada,
yada, is far more restrictive than Christianity. Hell,
Liberalism even tells you what you can think (political
correctness).

A lot of atheists are very religious people.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, May 10, 2016 at 2:19:06 PM UTC-5, T wrote:
On 05/08/2016 07:07 AM, Mr Macaw wrote:
He's never pushed his faith on anyone. He mentions it his sig

That's pushing it on people.

He is only telling you what he is and where to follow up
if you are interested. That is not pushing things on anyone.

Seems to me that any mention of a religoun other than your own
(atheist) offends you. And that is religious intolerance.

I'm the one who posted that he's never pushed his faith on anyone. There do seem to be several people who resent the fact that he even is a religious man. I've found that people of faith are more likely to offer help to those in need than those who profess to have no belief in God. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Evil Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 10 May 2016 14:21:35 -0700 (PDT), bob_villain
wrote:

On Tuesday, May 10, 2016 at 4:11:05 PM UTC-5, Mr Macaw wrote:

I wonder how many more things Einstein could have discovered if he wasn't hampered by religion?

After all the calculations and proofs he went through, YOU think he was "hampered"? You're ****ed-up!

I've plonked the idiot a long time ago and I have to read his crap
because you guys keep "feeding the troll".
I aften wonder if the Macaw is human or a robot of some sort. No human
could be THAT stupid and still manage to reach adulthood.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/10/2016 02:35 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Tuesday, May 10, 2016 at 2:19:06 PM UTC-5, T wrote:
On 05/08/2016 07:07 AM, Mr Macaw wrote:
He's never pushed his faith on anyone. He mentions it his sig

That's pushing it on people.

He is only telling you what he is and where to follow up
if you are interested. That is not pushing things on anyone.

Seems to me that any mention of a religoun other than your own
(atheist) offends you. And that is religious intolerance.

I'm the one who posted that he's never pushed his faith on anyone. There do seem to be several people who resent the fact that he even is a religious man. I've found that people of faith are more likely to offer help to those in need than those who profess to have no belief in God. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Evil Monster

They are touching the face of God:

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say
unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the
least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
Matthew 25:40

We are all so much better off having religious people around us.

Stormin is a complete gentleman about his religieuse beliefs.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

On Tue, 10 May 2016 14:29:30 -0700, T wrote:

[...]

More dogmatically narrow minded than the most devout Jew, Muslim, or
southern Baptist Christian, by far.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Roy Roy is offline

What a load of bull****.