Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

Default Flashlight temptation (initial follow up report 3)

On Sun, 08 May 2016 21:14:17 +0100, "Mr Macaw" wrote:

On Sun, 08 May 2016 19:53:29 +0100, Gunner Asch wrote:

On Sun, 08 May 2016 19:33:53 +0100, "Mr Macaw" wrote:

Religion is only the outward expression of a desire or acknowledgement
that a greater power exists beyond our own selves.

Yes I know what religion is, and it's nonsensical. There is no evidence of a greater power. If there was one, there would be evidence, and if we have to worship it, he would ask for the worship.

Actually..there have been significant proofs of "greater power" for
thousands of years. It simply depends on the outlook of the viewer of
said events to interpret them as being " significant proofs of greater
power" or "unexplainable events".

It depends on someone being ****ed enough in the head to jump to conclusions instead of finding out the often more interesting actual cause.

Actually...no it doesnt. There are more than a few events that have
zero explainations and are way..way..way outside the probability
curve. And have been investigated in full, with no resulting data
being developed.

Atheism, just another religious belief.

No, it's the sense to realise that there is no point in believing something there is no proof of, and which is very unlikely.

You're backwards way first thinking is like saying I'm a type of piano player because I avoid playing pianos.

Hardly.

Gunner, Buddhist for 40 yrs so far