Posted to alt.survival,alt.home.repair

Default Flashlight temptation

On Mon, 2 May 2016 10:22:18 -0700, kLYhE? ?????? ? ??????? ?NWpXp
wrote:

The trouble started way before all these people. Ronald Reagan, the
B-rate movie actor turned POTUS, dismantled the "New Deal" and set the
stage for America's decline:

How Reaganomics killed Americas middle class
http://www.salon.com/2014/04/19/reaganomics_killed_americas_middle_class_partner/

How Reaganomics killed Americas middle class (Thom Hartman Show)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdCNGkZoIZw

How Reaganomics Destroyed The Middle Class...And Maybe America (Rachel
Maddow Show)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5CCRI1vdwE

ROFLMAO!! Like watching the old Soviet propaganda machine spewing
out that they invented the computer or food or something

Rachel Madcow? ROFLMAO!!!

And how many Democrat presidents and Democrat Congresses have we had
since then? Hummm? ROFLMAO!!!

Posted to alt.survival,alt.home.repair

On Mon, 2 May 2016 02:11:23 -0600, GOWGN
wrote:

On 05/02/2016 12:15 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Been a while, but I've heard that the US gov says
there is no inflaion. But, that consumers are in
real pain due to increased prices, and smaller
packaging portions at the store. I've noticed some
items have shrunk, over the years. Ice cream went
from half galon (two quarts) to 1.5 quarts. Other
food items have shrunk, also. Pound of spaghetti
now contains 13 ounces, in some packages.

I don't have enough acres to plant much of any thing.
But, the concept is so true. We may be at the point
of needing victory gardens.

Don't worry!
We'll all be living in the company dorm soon and we'll have plenty of fish heads and rice to eat.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/26/te...conn.html?_r=0

They had to make up for everything being "supersized" at fast food
restaurants where most "REAL" Americans eat.

Posted to alt.survival,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 1 May 2016 23:46:24 -0500, PaxPerPoten wrote:

You are not in America? There is a God after all!! If America goes in
the Toilet, Canada will cease to exist and its inhabitants will suffer
massively.

Hardly. Does canada suffer when the uUS is in decline? Most
mdefinitely. The USA is our largest trading partner. Would Canada
cease mto exist is the USA implodes politically and economically?

Nope. We'd hurt - but we'd survive.
Posted to alt.survival,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 1 May 2016 23:54:14 -0500, PaxPerPoten wrote:

On 5/1/2016 5:19 PM, Winston_Smith wrote:
On Sun, 1 May 2016 16:31:54 -0400, Meanie wrote:
On 5/1/2016 1:35 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Price $2.50. I'd love to buy one,
but money is tight.

Money is tight for $2.50?

Your name is well chosen. Yes, believe it or not there are a great
many people who have almost zero discretionary funds. Every cent they
earn is earmarked for absolute essentials.

Naturally this opens all sorts of political diatribe and rhetoric but
even after we sort out the terminally lazy, the products of public
education, the mentally deficient, etc, there are still many millions
of people in the situation.

I have little hope this will change; it will probably get worse. Most
of the much lauded new job creation we hear about lately in fact
represents people who had to move from skilled middle class jobs to
mind numbing minimum wage, or worse, jobs. Responsible people with
good work ethics that we simply don't need any more.

Let them starve in the streets, forced sterilization, massive
incarceration for trivial reasons, or invent a society/economy that no
one has yet begun to conceive. Your call. Might want to ask
candidates some real questions.

The way inflation is going...That scenario could very well happen and
soon for fixed income people. $10-$15 per hour minimum wage won't cut it
now, It certainly won't cut what is coming soon. I suggest that the
Mormon buy some seeds and start planning his winter meals now!

If he was a "real mormon" he'd have at least a year's supply already
packed away. That is part of the essence of being a Mormon.
Posted to alt.survival,alt.home.repair

On Mon, 2 May 2016 02:57:29 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 5/1/2016 10:13 PM, T wrote:

I am in the same circumstances. It sucks.

Are you a Mormon? Do you adore the GOP, Mitt Romney, and Dubya too?

Christian (monotheist), not Mormon (polytheist)

https://www.mormon.org/beliefs/articles-of-faith

The Articles of Faith of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

1 We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ,
and in the Holy Ghost.

2 We believe that men will be punished for their own sins, and not for
Adams transgression.

3 We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be
saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.

4 We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel
a first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, Repentance; third,
Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of
hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.

5 We believe that a man must be called of God, by prophecy, and by the
laying on of hands by those who are in authority, to preach the Gospel
and administer in the ordinances thereof.

6 We believe in the same organization that existed in the Primitive
Church, namely, apostles, prophets, pastors, teachers, evangelists, and
so forth.

7 We believe in the gift of tongues, prophecy, revelation, visions,
healing, interpretation of tongues, and so forth.

8 We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is
translated correctly; we also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word
of God.

9 We believe all that God has revealed, all that He does now reveal,
and we believe that He will yet reveal many great and important things
pertaining to the Kingdom of God.

10 We believe in the literal gathering of Israel and in the
restoration of the Ten Tribes; that Zion (the New Jerusalem) will be
built upon the American continent; that Christ will reign personally
upon the earth; and, that the earth will be renewed and receive its
paradisiacal glory.

11 We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the
dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege,
let them worship how, where, or what they may.

12 We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and
magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law.

13 We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and
in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the
admonition of PaulWe believe all things, we hope all things, we have
endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there
is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek
after these things.
========================

God the Father, Jesus Christ, and Holy Ghost.
You, the gentle reader, can decide for your
self if that sounds polytheistic. Or Christian.

You are falling way short on article 12 stormy - you better go to
confession!!!

Posted to alt.survival,alt.home.repair

burfordTjustice posted for all of us...

On Sun, 1 May 2016 13:35:49 -0400
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I was in Dollar General. The flash light aisle
had a one D cell (I know, only one of those
one D lights I've ever seen) flash light.
LED, looks more like a square Cree emitter
than a bubble end LED. Comes with one carbon
zinc D cell. Size is about the same as the old
two D lights that were all over the place when
I was kid. Price $2.50. I'd love to buy one,
but money is tight. And it would just come home
and sit. I have enough lights to do what I need,
at present. When money loosens up a bit, maybe
I'll buy one "for testing".

Shut down your INTERNET service and use that money
to buy a case of lights.

How many Harbor Freight coupons does that take?

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

Wrong, the first Black President was Bill Clinton.

I've seen this posted here before. When was this declared?

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 2 May 2016 15:42:04 -0400
Tekkie wrote:

Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

Wrong, the first Black President was Bill Clinton.

I've seen this posted here before. When was this declared?

Jesse Jaaaaaaackson and Midget Al Sharpton declared him so.
There is nothing further to discuss.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, May 2, 2016 at 2:42:09 PM UTC-5, Tekkie wrote:
Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

Wrong, the first Black President was Bill Clinton.

I've seen this posted here before. When was this declared?
--
Tekkie

He was labeled our first Black President when he was elected. It had to do with his behavior. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Honky Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/02/2016 01:54 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

He was labeled our first Black President when he was elected. It had to do with his behavior. ^_^

Cuz he likes chubby white women?
Posted to alt.survival,alt.home.repair

On 5/2/2016 8:00 AM, burfordTjustice wrote:
On Sun, 01 May 2016 15:19:41 -0700
Winston_Smith wrote:

Your name is well chosen. Yes, believe it or not there are a great
many people who have almost zero discretionary funds. Every cent they
earn is earmarked for absolute essentials.

The op has funds for an internet service but not
a 2.50 flashlight...Hmmmm

Priorities. Maybe he needs internet for his business. Maybe he uses
free internet at the library?

Not up to anyone here to judge another's fiscal priorities is it?
Posted to alt.survival,alt.home.repair

Winston_Smith wrote:

Your name is well chosen. Yes, believe it or not there are a great
many people who have almost zero discretionary funds. Every cent they
earn is earmarked for absolute essentials.

The op has funds for an internet service but not
a 2.50 flashlight...Hmmmm

Could it be that he is hot-spotting it with Wifi?
Canopy and Gunner also have had financial draw-downs and managed to stay
on net. The anal retentiveness of beating this dead Horse of a subject
is depressing.

ages who mean to govern well, but *They mean to govern*. They promise to
be good masters, *but they mean to be masters*. Daniel Webster

Posted to alt.survival,alt.home.repair

On 5/2/2016 3:17 PM, Winston_Smith wrote:
On Mon, 2 May 2016 10:34:12 -0400, Meanie wrote:
On 5/2/2016 7:32 AM, Winston_Smith wrote:

...and I'm not surprised at your uptight name displaying your desire of
self appointed savior

Why do you keep trying to shift the subject from poverty in America to
my behavior. To whether I'm uptight or not.

LMFAO! The topic isn't about poverty, dumbass, you just want it to be.

I posted what I posted. You are free to agree or disagree. If I posted
a factual error, you are free - invited - to correct it. Instead you
make it your take on my behavior, my views, how you
micro-psychoanalyze me. Typical troll.

Your take was what you thought of my behavior meaning something you
wanted it to be and you have the audacity to direct it towards me and
call me blind. LMFAO! Typical hypocritical trolling jackass.

Well, that could be. Or not. Please tell us WHAT I am out of touch
with and why you think the personal finances of millions are not how I
described them. I hope you can prove that there are NOT millions
living hand to mouth. I'll rest better if you can make that case.

Nice try troll. You get to troll on and I go blind so I can't call you
on it. I give up everything, you give up nothing. Sounds like a fair
deal. To you.

Trolling? Out of touch? Blind? LMFAO! Scroll through the replies and
view others literally bashing SM. Yet, here you are picking a fight over
a simple question. Now who's the blind troll? You're a ****ing moron.

You don't have the balls to man up other than behind a keyboard trying
to upsurge your inferiority. I'm done with your idiotic insecure
trolling. Get lost, dumbass.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 2 May 2016 12:02:03 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Monday, May 2, 2016 at 2:33:41 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Mon, 2 May 2016 14:10:20 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 5/2/2016 1:51 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 2 May 2016 02:01:44 -0400, Stormin Mormon

Center posted, like an idiot as a courtesy.
more like Idiot posted, as per usual. Where the heck IS your
post???????

The other poster put his text in the center. I'd
be impolite to do otherwise.

The other poster didn't put his reply in the middle of a sentance
without makers showing what was inserteed - like you do in your
mis-directed attempts.

Like I did in this post. See how easy or hard it is to find my "IDIOT
POSTED" addition.

I assume this is the first time you've noticed Stormy's absolutely ridiculous
version of in-line posting. It's something he started a few months ago and
insists that it's "center posted, just like you did".

We've pointed out to him that no one - absolutely, no one - splits a
sentence in the middle and puts square brackets around the [response], yet
that's his new thing, always adding something like ""center posted, just
like you did" at the bottom of the post.

As we all know, we just have to give Stormy time. For years he ignored our
pleas to stop top-posting, but eventually he did. Let him play his little
game. If he wants to act like a stubborn child, so be it. He'll outgrow it
eventually, while never, ever admitting that he was wrong.

If the grim reaper doesn't get him first - - -

Posted to alt.survival,alt.home.repair

On 05/01/2016 11:58 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 5/1/2016 10:13 PM, T wrote:
On 05/01/2016 03:40 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
T did mention some thing about Mormons,
in earlier posts. I sense he's really
felt the Spirit in the LDS church.

You are a funny bunny!

No charge. Just for you.

My price list for customers (not original):

Answers: $0.50
Answers requiring thought: $1.50
Answers, correct: $2.50
Dumb looks: Free (for now)

Posted to alt.survival,alt.home.repair

On 05/01/2016 11:57 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 5/1/2016 10:13 PM, T wrote:

[...]

That makes you a Mormon, not a Christian. And I know
you know the difference.

Posted to alt.survival,alt.home.repair

wrote in message

stuff snipped

13 We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and
in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the
admonition of Paul-We believe all things, we hope all things, we have
endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there
is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek
after these things.

You are falling way short on article 12 stormy - you better go to
confession!!!

The whole religion falls short on compassion:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/29/health...iversity-rape/

It's about how when Mormon women reported being raped, Brigham Young
University would bring them up on honor code violations. It will turn your
stomach. Apparently image is everything and compassion means nothing. Very
sad.

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.survival,alt.home.repair

On 5/2/2016 5:27 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
The op has funds for an internet service but not
a 2.50 flashlight...Hmmmm

Priorities. Maybe he needs internet for his business. Maybe he uses
free internet at the library?

Not up to anyone here to judge another's fiscal priorities is it?

Or my vacation priorities. If I want to go club
baby seals to death.....

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.survival,alt.home.repair

On 5/2/2016 6:02 PM, PaxPerPoten wrote:
The op has funds for an internet service but not
a 2.50 flashlight...Hmmmm

Could it be that he is hot-spotting it with Wifi?
Canopy and Gunner also have had financial draw-downs and managed to stay
on net. The anal retentiveness of beating this dead Horse of a subject
is depressing.

I find it fascinating that people appear to know
more about me than I know about my self. I should
come here for free psychotherapy. I could learn a
lot about my edible complex, and so on.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.survival,alt.home.repair

PaxPerPoten wrote:

The way inflation is going...That scenario could very well happen and
soon for fixed income people. $10-$15 per hour minimum wage won't cut
it now, It certainly won't cut what is coming soon. I suggest that the
Mormon buy some seeds and start planning his winter meals now!

I have a wide variety of seeds ... some in long-term storage in the
freezer , but a lot right here at my elbow - the ones for planting in the
next few days are on my desk . Mostly field peas and squashes . Got the last
of the 'maters in the ground today , peppers are doing nicely and the zukes
and okra are coming up . Salad greens didn't do well this year , weather was
too weird .

--
Snag

Posted to alt.survival,alt.home.repair

On Mon, 2 May 2016 21:22:36 -0700, xhTlh?? ?????? ? ??????? ??SQNRA
wrote:

I remember Rush Limbaugh commenting on the Clinton
"surplus". What Slick Willie did was to slash the
military budget, and declare Social Security to be
off budget. The national debt rose at an alarming
level during the "surplus".

Takes your wind away, doesn't it.

Rush Limbaugh is as crazy as Alex Jones

Snicker..he has 20 MILLION listeners each week. You have maybe 5
people who read your spew.

Posted to alt.survival,alt.home.repair

On Mon, 2 May 2016 21:32:50 -0700, aEQZZ?? ?????? ? ??????? ??dTaCh
wrote:

Trump will win with a land slide.

And, Chiller still doesn't have enough delegates. When
she does, then the law will come down on her and the D's
will get their brokered convention. Trump will
probably be running against Biden. Oh Joy!

Primary poles mean nothing in November.

50% of the voters are women, plus the Black and Hispanic votes - the Rs
are doomed.

YOU are doomed. (VBG)

Posted to alt.survival,alt.home.repair

wrote:

The trouble started way before all these people. Ronald Reagan, the
B-rate movie actor turned POTUS, dismantled the "New Deal®" and set the
stage for America's decline:

How Reaganomics killed Americas middle class
http://www.salon.com/2014/04/19/reaganomics_killed_americas_middle_class_partner/

How Reaganomics killed Americas middle class (Thom Hartman Show)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdCNGkZoIZw

How Reaganomics Destroyed The Middle Class...And Maybe America (Rachel
Maddow Show)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5CCRI1vdwE

well stated

Ronald Reagan was bought and paid for by the super rich to dismantle the
"New Deal®".

Ronald Reagan's "Trickle down economics" means the super rich takes
everything and you get the crumbs they throw at you (only when they feel
like it).

Posted to alt.survival,alt.home.repair

On 5/2/2016 11:22 PM, xhTlh *ighty Wannabe SQNRA wrote:
T wrote on 5/2/2016 6:12 PM:
On 05/01/2016 11:04 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 5/1/2016 10:27 PM, wrote:

Hillary will win the election. Standby for years of Clinton budget
surplus, milk & honey, cornucopia .......

I can think of one result that not only could - but very likely would
- be an order of magnitude worse. I'm not sure the USA could survive 4
years os Trump presidency - and I'm not sure it would recover from the
damage in your or my lifetime. Your last civil war was devastating.
The civil unrest of the sixties was terrible - but what Trump may
unleash may make both of them pale in comparison..

9-11 was a terrible disaster inflicted from outside the country - the
reaction to Trump's foriegn policies could make 9-11 look like a blip
on the radar.

The sad thing is - whichever one you get, it will be impossible to
know if the other would have been better or worse.

You just want to hope and pray that whichever one gets elected, there
is enough ballance in the senate to limit the damage either one can
do.

I remember Rush Limbaugh commenting on the Clinton
"surplus". What Slick Willie did was to slash the
military budget, and declare Social Security to be
off budget. The national debt rose at an alarming
level during the "surplus".

Takes your wind away, doesn't it.

Rush Limbaugh is as crazy as Alex Jones

Only you...The Insane Canuckistanian is much crazier.