Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

Default Flashlight temptation (inconsiderate smokers)

On Tue, 24 May 2016 03:56:44 +0100, Muggles wrote:

On 5/23/2016 7:31 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 23 May 2016 16:41:19 -0500, Muggles
wrote:

On 5/23/2016 4:37 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Mon, 23 May 2016 22:28:36 +0100, Muggles
wrote:

On 5/23/2016 4:20 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

Jeremiah 5:21 (€˜Hear now this, O foolish people, and without
understanding; which have eyes, and see not; which have ears, and hear
not).

Would you like to have a discussion about what that text actually
means??

Jonathan Swift believed it meant "There are none so blind as those who
will not see. The most deluded people are those who choose to ignore
what they already know".

You cherry picked a bible verse out of context from the Old Testament,
and you're relying on Jonathan Swift to tell you what it means?

Nobody knows what the bible means, easily proved by the number of
different interpretations. You're living your life based on
interpretation.

You can read the text in context and actually know what it's saying and
what it means.

Context? Really...you spouted out Context?

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

uh huh Try reading the whole chapter of Jeremiah 5, and then tell me
what verse 21 means. That's called 'context'.

It's text and it's a con, so I guess it's con-text.

--
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 24 May 2016 02:43:14 +0100, Uncle Monster wrote:

On Monday, May 23, 2016 at 3:38:22 PM UTC-5, Tekkie® wrote:
Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

On Sunday, May 22, 2016 at 10:45:46 PM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On 5/22/2016 10:10 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Sunday, May 22, 2016 at 9:22:20 PM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On 5/22/2016 5:41 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 22 May 2016 17:15:14 -0500, Muggles
wrote:

On 5/22/2016 4:39 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Sun, 22 May 2016 22:28:29 +0100, Muggles
wrote:

On 5/22/2016 4:15 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Sun, 22 May 2016 21:55:40 +0100, Muggles
wrote:

On Sun, 22 May 2016 20:47:47 +0100, "Mr Macaw" wrote:
If you want to be second hand smoke free, move
away from the smokers, it's not that difficult.

Lol

It wasn't intended to be funny, it was pointing out how ridiculous
anti-smoking people are.

Smart people realize that smoking isn't cool OR healthy, and society is
moving towards a smoke free environment - soon all public places will be
smoke free.

What I put into my own body is MY business, not yours. If you don't
like it, move away.

What you put into the air that other people breath is the business of
people who have to breath your polluted air.

That applies to you as well Maggie

I don't smoke, don't wear perfume, and don't pollute the air, soooo...
--
Maggie

Oh come on Muggs. Don't try to fool us, we know darn well you fart. ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxxsP7VWVN8

[8~{} Uncle Flatulent Monster

haha I carry a purse size air sanitizer AND air freshener with me! I
got it covered!
--
Maggie

You can always get activated charcoal treated panties. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Activated Monster

Does this mean she has space panties? Because her ass is out of this world.
--
Tekkie

I tell people about fart absorbing underwear and they don't believe me but it is a real product that sells very well. ^_^

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4156400.html

http://tinyurl.com/n32swew

[8~{} Uncle Fart Monster

ROTFPMSL!

--
What lives in the sea, and goes dah di dah dit, dah dah dit dah?
A morse cod.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 24 May 2016 01:58:44 +0100, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/23/2016 1:37 PM, Muggles wrote:

I don't smoke, don't wear perfume, and don't pollute the air, soooo...

Yeh! let's ban all aerosol cans of furniture polish/ fly spray and the
multitude of other harmful toxic cans of stuff and ban all cars that
emit harmful exhausts.

That's not even close to being the same thing as secondhand smoke.

It's PRECISELY the same.

Not even close.

So inhaling insecticide is better than smoke?

Maybe that's what's wrong with her.

--
A penny saved is ridiculous.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

On Tue, 24 May 2016 01:29:14 +0100, Gunner Asch wrote:

On Mon, 23 May 2016 16:12:48 -0500, Muggles
wrote:

On 5/23/2016 3:08 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Mon, 23 May 2016 20:58:18 +0100, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Mon, 23 May 2016 12:32:24 -0500, Muggles

Moving the goal posts and trying to change the subject doesn't negate
the very real issue of inconsiderate smokers and how secondhand smoke is
dangerous AND affects the health of anyone who ends up breathing it.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

On Tue, 24 May 2016 01:28:37 +0100, Gunner Asch wrote:

On Mon, 23 May 2016 16:09:07 -0500, Muggles
wrote:

On 5/23/2016 2:58 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 23 May 2016 12:32:24 -0500, Muggles
wrote:

On 5/23/2016 7:42 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 22 May 2016 21:22:21 -0500, Muggles
wrote:

On 5/22/2016 5:41 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

What I put into my own body is MY business, not yours. If you don't
like it, move away.

What you put into the air that other people breath is the business of
people who have to breath your polluted air.

That applies to you as well Maggie

I don't smoke, don't wear perfume, and don't pollute the air, soooo...

So you remain locked up in a cave, use no utilities, wear no clothing
and never fart?

Try again Maggie...try again.

Moving the goal posts and trying to change the subject doesn't negate
the very real issue of inconsiderate smokers and how secondhand smoke is
dangerous AND affects the health of anyone who ends up breathing it.

Who is changing the goal posts? Hardly us. You on the other hand
have singled out second hand smoke

On the contrary, I've been on topic for this part of this thread that
references "inconsiderate smokers". I didn't begin the topic.

Yes and? I also note that you clipped out the parts that made you
"uncomfortable" in your reply.

Thats rather hypocritical and bigoted of you, my dear.

Religion cannot work without selectively ignoring things.

--
What is the difference between a 69 and driving in the fog?
When driving in the fog, you can't see the asshole in front of you.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

On Tue, 24 May 2016 01:25:36 +0100, Gunner Asch wrote:

On Mon, 23 May 2016 16:26:21 -0500, Muggles
wrote:

On 5/23/2016 4:12 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Mon, 23 May 2016 22:06:07 +0100, Muggles
wrote:

On 5/23/2016 2:55 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

Your right..its worse. Second hand smoke is so small a quantity as to
be a moot "thing".

It's about time, too. It wasn't like that when I was growing up. I'd
like to wipe out any possibility of smoking in any public places, and I
think that's the direction civilized society is headed.

Nothing has changed, you have always been able to select a place to sit
without smoke. Take action yourself instead of being lazy and expecting
everyone else to do it for you.

Many things have changed such as, restaurants, theaters, and work
places, government offices, to name a few, have gone totally smoke free.

Yes ... and? Many places are drug free, gun free, sexism free and so
forth. In fact..many places require you to turn off your brain before
entering..such as Universities. And this means what exactly?

Gunner, unabashedly male and heterosexual.

I read something somewhere that almost nobody (or maybe it's nobody) is 100% heterosexual. We are all different percentages.

--
Next time you wave at me, use more than one finger please.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 23 May 2016 16:46:16 +0100, Muggles wrote:

On 5/23/2016 3:50 AM, Bod wrote:

wrote:

On Sun, 22 May 2016 20:47:47 +0100, "Mr Macaw" wrote:
If you want to be second hand smoke free, move
away from the smokers, it's not that difficult.

Lol

It wasn't intended to be funny, it was pointing out how ridiculous
anti-smoking people are.

Smart people realize that smoking isn't cool OR healthy, and
society is
moving towards a smoke free environment - soon all public places
will be
smoke free.

What I put into my own body is MY business, not yours. If you don't
like it, move away.

What you put into the air that other people breath is the business of
people who have to breath your polluted air.
--
Maggie

If their smoke comes in my direction the nasty smoker has
polluted,"MY AIR". That's why I think all non-smokers should carry a
can of Fart Spray. I actually want a pressurized container that I can
use on smokers. The contents of the container would be an odorless,
colorless gas that would react with the smoldering end of a cigarette
producing noxious fumes that would sicken the most gnarly of smokers.
^_^

I carry a purse size Lysol disinfectant and will use it on smokers
blowing smoke into my air if I have to!

Do you use it on car drivers that pollute your air as well?
You must be very popular in your town.

Sure I do!! I have a gigantic disinfectant spray bottle truck.

I see you inserted a joke to hide your inability to answer.

--
Mrs. Jones is having her house painted, and her husband comes home from work and leans against the freshly painted wall.
The next day, she says to the painter, "You wanna see where my husband put his hand last night?"
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

Gunner Asch wrote:

Do you recommend that she goes cold turkey on her smokes?

Gunner

I quit smoking cold turkey about 20 years ago. That's how I learned why
they call it that.

Because it's about as pleasant as having a frozen 16 pound Butterball
shoved up your arse.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

On Tue, 24 May 2016 16:05:45 -0400, Jeff Wisnia
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

Do you recommend that she goes cold turkey on her smokes?

Gunner

I quit smoking cold turkey about 20 years ago. That's how I learned why
they call it that.

Because it's about as pleasant as having a frozen 16 pound Butterball
shoved up your arse.

Jeff

Indeed. My arse is an exit only zone....which is why Ive been able
to quite permanantly

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

Do you recommend that she goes cold turkey on her smokes?

Gunner

I quit smoking cold turkey about 20 years ago. That's how I learned why
they call it that.

Because it's about as pleasant as having a frozen 16 pound Butterball
shoved up your arse.

Jeff

Indeed. My arse is an exit only zone....which is why Ive been UNable
to quite permanantly.

Damn..trying to do too many things at once....

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

On Tue, 24 May 2016 21:05:45 +0100, Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

Do you recommend that she goes cold turkey on her smokes?

Gunner

I quit smoking cold turkey about 20 years ago. That's how I learned why
they call it that.

Because it's about as pleasant as having a frozen 16 pound Butterball
shoved up your arse.

The turkey should be lightly warmed at gas mark 2 for 20 minutes prior to smoking.

--
The planet Neptune has barely completed one orbit since it was discovered in 1846.
Pluto hasn't completed a full orbit since its discovery, and won't until March 23, 2178.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I should look into that, huh? smile ahhaha

The stain, should the charcoal leak, is indistinguishable from follow through.

--
According to the Guinness Book of World Records, Wolfgang Butterballs of Staines, England jettisoned a record 813ml of ejaculate on June 22, 1997. The average is 3.5ml.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

Do you recommend that she goes cold turkey on her smokes?

Gunner

I quit smoking cold turkey about 20 years ago. That's how I learned why
they call it that.

Because it's about as pleasant as having a frozen 16 pound Butterball
shoved up your arse.

Jeff

Indeed. My arse is an exit only zone....which is why Ive been able
to quite permanantly

Don't worry, smoking eventually kills cancer cells.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

Do you recommend that she goes cold turkey on her smokes?

Gunner

I quit smoking cold turkey about 20 years ago. That's how I learned why
they call it that.

Because it's about as pleasant as having a frozen 16 pound Butterball
shoved up your arse.

Jeff

Indeed. My arse is an exit only zone....which is why Ive been able
to quite permanantly

Don't worry, smoking eventually kills cancer cells.

You're thinking of marijuana.

--
When working with electronics, my best advice is to do whatever it takes to prevent the smoke from leaking out of the components. Electronic parts require the smoke to stay inside to function correctly!
Posted to alt.home.repair

*

Indeed.** My arse is an exit only zone....which is why Ive been able
to quite permanantly

Don't worry, smoking eventually kills cancer cells.

You're thinking of marijuana.

Marijuana kills brain cells.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 25/05/2016 01:06, Barney Fife wrote:
On 5/24/2016 7:29 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Wed, 25 May 2016 00:11:47 +0100, Fred wrote:

On 5/24/2016 5:10 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

Indeed. My arse is an exit only zone....which is why Ive been able
to quite permanantly

Don't worry, smoking eventually kills cancer cells.

You're thinking of marijuana.

Marijuana kills brain cells.

Get your facts right:

http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/abou...-brain-tumours

--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 25/05/2016 06:16, Bod wrote:
On 25/05/2016 01:06, Barney Fife wrote:
On 5/24/2016 7:29 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Wed, 25 May 2016 00:11:47 +0100, Fred wrote:

On 5/24/2016 5:10 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

Indeed. My arse is an exit only zone....which is why Ive been able
to quite permanantly

Don't worry, smoking eventually kills cancer cells.

You're thinking of marijuana.

Marijuana kills brain cells.

Get your facts right, it does the opposite "It helps to make new cells grow"

http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/abou...-brain-tumours

A paragraph from the Cancer Research article above:

"The research found that cannabinoids interfere with the activity of
genes needed to produce a chemical called VEGF. VEGF stands for Vascular
Endothelial Growth Factor. It helps to make new cells grow".

--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

Muggles please note!

===================

pipe to |/usr/local/cpanel/bin/autorespond
/home/pqlrypwg/.autorespond
generated by

The following text was generated during the delivery attempt:

------ pipe to |/usr/local/cpanel/bin/autorespond

/home/pqlrypwg/.autorespond
generated by
------

[2016-05-25 03:47:39 -0400] info [autorespond] Failed to read response
template : No such file or
directory

=

Thought you might like to know. Maybe you can explain too! ;-)

--
David B.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 25 May 2016 06:33:51 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 25/05/2016 06:16, Bod wrote:
On 25/05/2016 01:06, Barney Fife wrote:
On 5/24/2016 7:29 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Wed, 25 May 2016 00:11:47 +0100, Fred wrote:

On 5/24/2016 5:10 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

Indeed. My arse is an exit only zone....which is why Ive been able
to quite permanantly

Don't worry, smoking eventually kills cancer cells.

You're thinking of marijuana.

Marijuana kills brain cells.

Get your facts right, it does the opposite "It helps to make new cells grow"

http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/abou...-brain-tumours

A paragraph from the Cancer Research article above:

"The research found that cannabinoids interfere with the activity of
genes needed to produce a chemical called VEGF. VEGF stands for Vascular
Endothelial Growth Factor. It helps to make new cells grow".

Er, you have something backwards there.

--
It's only premarital sex if you're going to get married.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 25 May 2016 09:32:18 +0100, David B wrote:

Muggles please note!

===================

pipe to |/usr/local/cpanel/bin/autorespond
/home/pqlrypwg/.autorespond
generated by

The following text was generated during the delivery attempt:

------ pipe to |/usr/local/cpanel/bin/autorespond

/home/pqlrypwg/.autorespond
generated by
------

[2016-05-25 03:47:39 -0400] info [autorespond] Failed to read response
template : No such file or
directory

=

Thought you might like to know. Maybe you can explain too! ;-)

God has a fault, please try again later.

--
We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful god, who creates faulty humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes -- Gene Roddenberry

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 25/05/2016 06:16, Bod wrote:
[...]

http://www.lifescript.com/health/cen...htmlws-main-bb
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 25/05/2016 06:16, Bod wrote:
[...]

This has nothing to do with cannabis or second hand smoke.

--
Confucius say lion with small penis must compensate with mighty roar.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 25/05/2016 06:16, Bod wrote:
[...]

if you had looked at the article the 2 hand smoke you dismiss as a health risk is killing people in mass
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 25/05/2016 06:16, Bod wrote:
[...]

Yeah right. Some people will believe anything.

--
"Take off lid and push up bottom." (From a stick deodorant label)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 25/05/2016 06:16, Bod wrote:
[...]

so you dont believe being a smoker not only puts you at risk, bu also everyone you expose to your 2nd hand smoke too.

my yu live ina dreamland

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 25/05/2016 06:16, Bod wrote:
[...]

....you folks are wasting your time responding to someone with a 7 yr old mentality. Please let the troll die!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 25/05/2016 06:16, Bod wrote:
[...]

That's up to the smoker.

bu also everyone you expose to your 2nd hand smoke too.

They are not forced to inhale it, they can move away.

my yu live ina dreamland

I take it you avoid second hand smoke? It hasn't helped your intelligence, that is the worst spelling I've ever come across.

--
Earth is 98% full, please delete anyone you can.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 25/05/2016 06:16, Bod wrote:
[...]

You mean someone who disagrees with your illogical viewpoint, and has pointed out to you why it's illogical.

--
My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

Muggles
Sun, 15
May 2016 15:20:18 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

On 5/15/2016 1:06 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sat, 14 May 2016 22:42:55 -0500, Muggles
wrote:

On 5/14/2016 3:16 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:

Non-smokers are the inconsiderate ones. They're taking in a
millionth of what the smokers are, they need to get a grip.

Do you think it would be ok with you if a non-smoker sprayed
bottled sewer gas that contained various dangerous chemicals
randomly where people would have no choice but to inhale that
gas?

Why do smokers believe they have a right to poison the air
other people breath?

Depends on the levels of the sew gas and the chemicals that
that non smoker sprayed around.

If he were spewing out .005 parts per million..Id think he
would not be liable for much of anything

How about the equivalent to this:

Secondhand smoke contains more than 7,000 chemicals. Hundreds
are toxic and about 70 can cause cancer.

How about that. So you getting a wiff on rare occasions is
being poisoned far worse than I as the primary smoker? Is that
your claim?

As a child I got a wiff with every breath I took while I was at
home. Those cumulative wiffs caused multiple upper respiratory
infections, including ear infections, bronchitis, and reactive
airway disease.

I grew up in a smoking environment, too. I didn't suffer ANY of the
effects you mention. Neither did my sibling(s). Come to think of it,
my cousins are fine too. Explanation?

There are no people forcing anyone to eat chocolate, coffee,
potatos, or fish. If people have illness as a result of allergies
to those things they don't go near them, and on top of that they
aren't exposing other people to any dangerous chemicals they have
no choice by to breath.

I'd rather inhale second hand smoke anyday than share the road with
your 'hands free cell device'. The second hand smoke has A MUCH LESS
RISK of killing me. You, OTH, might not notice i'm in the other lane,
about to pass you, because you're talking on that ****ing phone. So
you clip the ass end of my truck when you decide to occupy the lane
too soon. That really sucks ass for me. Truck doesn't like rear tires
seperating from the pavement. makes it very difficult to maintain
control. Trucks have a tendency to fish tail and if unable to regain
control, begin the sideways roll. Usually ending badly, very badly,
for driver/occupants of truck.

Many people who smoke, not everyone, simply don't care about
anyone but themselves because their hooked on smoking
psychologically, physically, and emotionally. Essentially,
they're drug addicts, only their drug is legal.

Do you still use the hands free cell device while driving? If your
answer is yes, please stop making ANY accusations concerning the
selfishness of others. Glass houses n all.

--
MID:
zip file but then not be able to unzip it so I can watch it. That
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

Gunner Asch
Sun, 15 May 2016
22:39:14 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

Oh..the CDC? The same people that wanted to ban firearms and lost
their funding as a result of cooking the books at least 58 times?
That CDC?

--
MID:
zip file but then not be able to unzip it so I can watch it. That
seems VERY clever!

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

Muggles

And your ****ing name isn't maggie... so....What's the deal with that?

--
MID:
zip file but then not be able to unzip it so I can watch it. That
seems VERY clever!
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

Muggles

wrote:

[...]

Wow...I see you've been making new friends quite nicely... and,
abusing terminology at the same time. Some habits die hard eh?

And.. what's with the Maggie nonsense? Is that your dogs name or
something? Do you really think that you're hiding?

--
MID:
zip file but then not be able to unzip it so I can watch it. That
seems VERY clever!
Posted to alt.home.repair

David B
Wed, 25 May 2016 08:32:18
GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

Muggles please note!

Psst.. Hey dip****, you might have just ****ed your friends new
'identity'. Muggles has never been associated with that site.

Thought you might like to know. Maybe you can explain too! ;-)

HAH! Not likely. If anything, she'll ask the site admin and perform a
copy paste job. Do remember, useless asshat, she confused SysOp for
that of an IrcOp. Hard to do, but, she did it anyhow.

--
MID:
zip file but then not be able to unzip it so I can watch it. That
seems VERY clever!
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

Default Flashlight temptation (initial follow up report 3)

"Mr Macaw" news 2016 23:49:33 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

It is true that churches get away with far too much. They're a
waste of space, a useful building could be put there.

I'm generally inclined to agree with you...

--
MID:
zip file but then not be able to unzip it so I can watch it. That
seems VERY clever!
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

T Wed, 11 May
2016 08:39:06 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

That is nature, not God's doing. And don't think for one second
that God doesn't notice.

Er.. wait...

Isn't nature also Gods? So, nature screws something up, and God only
takes notice? C'mon... you do yourself no favors with those

Luke 12:7 KJV
But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear
not therefo ye are of more value than many sparrows.

You do realize everything in that book was written 40+ years after
Jesus was already gone? Some stories in the bible have been subjected
to modern day scientific testing too. I'm thinking of the story where
he talks to many people on a hill of some sort...

Well, some scientists went out there with modern audio equipment; As
the story goes, everyone heard him, no problems. Well..Setting up
audio equipment and trying it, shows otherwise. Unless Jesus had a PA
system, the story doesn't hold water according to the results from
modern scientific testing.

We also feel God presence around those who are helpless. This
is what Muggles and I an talking about.

Ugh. You sound like someone who's been doing acid or something else
that can alter your state of mind.

God loves each and every one of us.

Really? Did you skip the old testament? He didn't seem very loving
then.

--
MID:
zip file but then not be able to unzip it so I can watch it. That
seems VERY clever!

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

Bod
Wed, 11 May 2016 16:26:28 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

On 11/05/2016 17:09, Muggles wrote:
On 5/11/2016 3:02 AM, Bod wrote:
On 10/05/2016 21:37, Muggles wrote:
On 5/10/2016 2:22 PM, T wrote:
On 05/08/2016 12:26 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 5/8/2016 1:33 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Sun, 08 May 2016 04:03:28 +0100, Muggles

wrote:

On 5/7/2016 4:08 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Sat, 07 May 2016 21:36:25 +0100, Winston_Smith
wrote:

On Sat, 07 May 2016 21:09:27 +0100, "Mr Macaw" wrote:

As intelligence increases with each generation, religion
decreases.

Can you prove a decrease in religion results in an
increase of intelligence ? There seem to be examples to
the contrary here.

I'd say the increase in intelligence causes the decrease
in religion.
Clever folk realise what they've been taught is a load of
****e.

Religion is only the outward expression of a desire or
acknowledgement
that a greater power exists beyond our own selves.

Yes I know what religion is, and it's nonsensical.

No, religion is a logical response to an inward sense that
greatness exists outside of being human.

There is no evidence of a greater power.

Who designed the human nervous system? What sort of
intelligence would it take to get it to function correctly?

If there was one, there would be evidence,

There is evidence, but even evidence is subject to your
individual belief system.

and if
we have to worship it, he would ask for the worship.

Would you want to have to ask, or would you want such
adoration given freely to you?

And looking around you, you see God's hand in everything.

yeah ...

Hmm, like some innocent babies being born blind/ limbless etc?

sing "all things bright and wonderful, the lord god made them
all".

Then recite "god made all men equal"

What a load of crap!!

I've asked many questions, myself. As far as creation goes,
including human beings, the rules were defined in the beginning.
Babies being born blind or limbless and other such things
happened after sin entered the world. There is now more
chemicals and pollution that we're exposed to than there ever
was, and that doesn't include what people voluntarily do to each
other or themselves exposing themselves to all sorts of
contaminates. I lost much of my hearing as a teen because I lived
in a household with parents who smoked and secondhand smoke
floated in the house constantly. It's a fact that me being
exposed to those contaminates caused my hearing loss.

We blame god for everything bad that happens to us, and don't
take into consideration that perfection ended with creation after
sin entered the world.

That's my take on it, anyway.

And why did god create such an awful thing to happen? After all,
he supposedly created *everything*.

sing " all things bright and beautiful, all creatures great and
small. All things wise and wonderful, the lord god *made them
all*.

Please enlighten me!

Er.. you forgot the omnipotence and all knowing aspects. IE: he
*knew* ahead of the point of creation exactly how things would play
out, and, chose to do it anyway. I'm sorry, but, the stories I've
read about the creator give me the impression that he's an immature
child. So many contradictions in the bible as well as other books on
the subject. The bull****-o-meter pegs when I turn the pages...

--
MID:
zip file but then not be able to unzip it so I can watch it. That
seems VERY clever!
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

Default Flashlight temptation (intelligence, religion correlation)

Muggles
Sun, 08
May 2016 03:13:36 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

On 5/7/2016 5:21 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Sat, 07 May 2016 23:13:13 +0100, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 5/7/2016 5:08 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
Can you prove a decrease in religion results in an increase of
intelligence ? There seem to be examples to the contrary here.

I'd say the increase in intelligence causes the decrease in
religion. Clever folk realise what they've been taught is a
load of ****e.

Some people increase intelligence as they
increase religion. My church congregation
has a couple doctors, and a couple attorneys.
Those professions tend to continuing
education.

There are many different types of intelligence. Common sense
tells us not to believe ****ing unlikely things which have not
one ounce of proof.

Many people believe that it is sensible to conclude that based on
everything we know about our world and the universe that it's
likely that something greater than chance was involved in it's
creation. Since, for example, with all the complexities involved
in how the human body works, what would it take to create
something that had such complex systems that had to work together
so it could function as a human?

A species with more advanced technology and understanding of
genetics. No actual 'God' required.

--
MID:
zip file but then not be able to unzip it so I can watch it. That
seems VERY clever!
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

On 7/24/2016 7:45 PM, Diesel wrote:

As a child I got a wiff with every breath I took while I was at
home. Those cumulative wiffs caused multiple upper respiratory
infections, including ear infections, bronchitis, and reactive
airway disease.

I grew up in a smoking environment, too. I didn't suffer ANY of the
effects you mention. Neither did my sibling(s). Come to think of it,
my cousins are fine too. Explanation?

How old are you? Some people never have any effects, others much later.
My wife is 69 and in May had lung surgery. Never smoked, but . . .

It has been quite a setback for her and I hope you are one of the people
never affected.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, July 24, 2016 at 6:45:08 PM UTC-5, Diesel wrote:
Gunner Asch
Sun, 15 May 2016
22:39:14 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

Oh..the CDC? The same people that wanted to ban firearms and lost
their funding as a result of cooking the books at least 58 times?
That CDC?

Why are you spamming us and acting like Butt****Tpussbag...did you have a bad day or fill your diaper? I don't remember you being like this...off meds maybe?
Posted to alt.home.repair

bob_villain
Mon, 25
Jul 2016 00:45:39 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

On Sunday, July 24, 2016 at 6:45:08 PM UTC-5, Diesel wrote:
Gunner Asch
Sun, 15 May 2016
22:39:14 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

Oh..the CDC? The same people that wanted to ban firearms and
lost their funding as a result of cooking the books at least 58
times? That CDC?

Why are you spamming us and acting like Butt****Tpussbag...did you
have a bad day or fill your diaper? I don't remember you being
like this...off meds maybe?

Hmm... I don't believe I know you, and, you might wanna lookup the
definition of spam. I haven't spammed anybody, but, I have responded to
some posts in an older thread.