Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival
Diesel Diesel is offline

Default Flashlight temptation (initial follow up report 3)

Bod
Wed, 11 May 2016 16:26:28 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

On 11/05/2016 17:09, Muggles wrote:
On 5/11/2016 3:02 AM, Bod wrote:
On 10/05/2016 21:37, Muggles wrote:
On 5/10/2016 2:22 PM, T wrote:
On 05/08/2016 12:26 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 5/8/2016 1:33 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Sun, 08 May 2016 04:03:28 +0100, Muggles

wrote:

On 5/7/2016 4:08 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Sat, 07 May 2016 21:36:25 +0100, Winston_Smith
wrote:

On Sat, 07 May 2016 21:09:27 +0100, "Mr Macaw" wrote:

As intelligence increases with each generation, religion
decreases.

Can you prove a decrease in religion results in an
increase of intelligence ? There seem to be examples to
the contrary here.

I'd say the increase in intelligence causes the decrease
in religion.
Clever folk realise what they've been taught is a load of
****e.

Religion is only the outward expression of a desire or
acknowledgement
that a greater power exists beyond our own selves.

Yes I know what religion is, and it's nonsensical.

No, religion is a logical response to an inward sense that
greatness exists outside of being human.

There is no evidence of a greater power.

Who designed the human nervous system? What sort of
intelligence would it take to get it to function correctly?

If there was one, there would be evidence,

There is evidence, but even evidence is subject to your
individual belief system.

and if
we have to worship it, he would ask for the worship.

Would you want to have to ask, or would you want such
adoration given freely to you?

And looking around you, you see God's hand in everything.

yeah ...

Hmm, like some innocent babies being born blind/ limbless etc?

sing "all things bright and wonderful, the lord god made them
all".

Then recite "god made all men equal"

What a load of crap!!

I've asked many questions, myself. As far as creation goes,
including human beings, the rules were defined in the beginning.
Babies being born blind or limbless and other such things
happened after sin entered the world. There is now more
chemicals and pollution that we're exposed to than there ever
was, and that doesn't include what people voluntarily do to each
other or themselves exposing themselves to all sorts of
contaminates. I lost much of my hearing as a teen because I lived
in a household with parents who smoked and secondhand smoke
floated in the house constantly. It's a fact that me being
exposed to those contaminates caused my hearing loss.

We blame god for everything bad that happens to us, and don't
take into consideration that perfection ended with creation after
sin entered the world.

That's my take on it, anyway.

And why did god create such an awful thing to happen? After all,
he supposedly created *everything*.

sing " all things bright and beautiful, all creatures great and
small. All things wise and wonderful, the lord god *made them
all*.

Please enlighten me!

Er.. you forgot the omnipotence and all knowing aspects. IE: he
*knew* ahead of the point of creation exactly how things would play
out, and, chose to do it anyway. I'm sorry, but, the stories I've
read about the creator give me the impression that he's an immature
child. So many contradictions in the bible as well as other books on
the subject. The bull****-o-meter pegs when I turn the pages...

--
MID:
zip file but then not be able to unzip it so I can watch it. That