Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

Default Flashlight temptation (inconsiderate smokers)

On Mon, 23 May 2016 21:17:33 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 23/05/2016 20:54, Muggles wrote:
On 5/23/2016 1:38 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Mon, 23 May 2016 18:32:24 +0100, Muggles
wrote:

On 5/23/2016 7:42 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 22 May 2016 21:22:21 -0500, Muggles
wrote:

On 5/22/2016 5:41 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

What I put into my own body is MY business, not yours. If you don't
like it, move away.

What you put into the air that other people breath is the business of
people who have to breath your polluted air.

That applies to you as well Maggie

I don't smoke, don't wear perfume, and don't pollute the air, soooo...

So you remain locked up in a cave, use no utilities, wear no clothing
and never fart?

Try again Maggie...try again.

Moving the goal posts and trying to change the subject doesn't negate
the very real issue of inconsiderate smokers and how secondhand smoke is
dangerous AND affects the health of anyone who ends up breathing it..

Don't breathe it then. They're not handcuffing you and forcing you to
inhale.
You have no more right to breathe clean air than they do to breathe
smoke filled air.

Ok That's just a stupid comment.

Only in your opinion.

Religious folk don't have opinions, they just believe everything they hear in Sunday School. They can't actually think for themselves.

--
Riots in Birmingham last month caused over £1 million worth of improvements.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

On 23/05/2016 21:09, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Mon, 23 May 2016 21:06:08 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 23/05/2016 19:37, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Mon, 23 May 2016 19:24:26 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 23/05/2016 19:18, RonNNN wrote:
In article ,
says...

wrote:

On 5/22/2016 5:41 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

What I put into my own body is MY business, not yours. If you
don't
like it, move away.

What you put into the air that other people breath is the
business of
people who have to breath your polluted air.

That applies to you as well Maggie

I don't smoke, don't wear perfume, and don't pollute the air,
soooo...

So you remain locked up in a cave, use no utilities, wear no
clothing
and never fart?

Try again Maggie...try again.

Moving the goal posts and trying to change the subject doesn't negate
the very real issue of inconsiderate smokers and how secondhand
smoke is
dangerous AND affects the health of anyone who ends up breathing it.

I know you won't see this because you have me kill-filed, but you
really
have no room to talk about moving the goal posts and changing the
subject! However, maybe one of your groupies will try to jump on my
ass
and leave my remarks in the quoted text that you can see.

Very true. I also can't see the point of killfiling anybody. Seems
similar to blocking yer ears and running away from a discussion.

I can think of a person both of us don't want to bother seeing.

Yes, but I don't block anyone. That just seems a bit childish.

Ignoring someone is exactly the same, but requires effort. Why not have
the computer do the ignoring? You can then read a group where you like
only 50% of the people, and only see what they write. In fact if
everyone uses several killfiles, you can even end up with several groups
within a group, none of who see each other.

Who said I "ignored" ?

--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

On Sunday, May 22, 2016 at 10:45:46 PM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On 5/22/2016 10:10 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Sunday, May 22, 2016 at 9:22:20 PM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On 5/22/2016 5:41 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 22 May 2016 17:15:14 -0500, Muggles
wrote:

On 5/22/2016 4:39 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Sun, 22 May 2016 22:28:29 +0100, Muggles
wrote:

On 5/22/2016 4:15 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Sun, 22 May 2016 21:55:40 +0100, Muggles
wrote:

On Sun, 22 May 2016 20:47:47 +0100, "Mr Macaw" wrote:
If you want to be second hand smoke free, move
away from the smokers, it's not that difficult.

Lol

It wasn't intended to be funny, it was pointing out how ridiculous
anti-smoking people are.

Smart people realize that smoking isn't cool OR healthy, and society is
moving towards a smoke free environment - soon all public places will be
smoke free.

What I put into my own body is MY business, not yours. If you don't
like it, move away.

What you put into the air that other people breath is the business of
people who have to breath your polluted air.

That applies to you as well Maggie

I don't smoke, don't wear perfume, and don't pollute the air, soooo...
--
Maggie

Oh come on Muggs. Don't try to fool us, we know darn well you fart. ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxxsP7VWVN8

[8~{} Uncle Flatulent Monster

haha I carry a purse size air sanitizer AND air freshener with me! I
got it covered!
--
Maggie

You can always get activated charcoal treated panties. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Activated Monster

Does this mean she has space panties? Because her ass is out of this world.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Is it true all American asses should have a wide load sticker?

--
One frigid morning in North Dakota a man turned up at work much the worse for wear.
"I didn't sleep a wink," he told a coworker. "I was up all night trying to keep my wife's begonia covered against the freezing cold."

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

wrote:

[...]

Probably in an email, you said you don't ever reply to him.

--
Bikini e pareo, camicia di pizzo e shorts, top e gonna di crochet!
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

On 5/23/2016 2:53 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 23 May 2016 10:44:43 -0500, Muggles
wrote:

On 5/23/2016 3:29 AM, Bod wrote:
On 22/05/2016 23:15, Muggles wrote:
On 5/22/2016 4:39 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

What I put into my own body is MY business, not yours. If you don't
like it, move away.

What you put into the air that other people breath is the business of
people who have to breath your polluted air.

Only if you're stupid enough to stand near someone smoking....doh!

I don't stand near anyone smoking, but their smoke gets blown around to
where I'm at. doh!

So you dont BBQ, drive a motor vehicle, and live in a cave in a
distant forest...right? Chuckle...Maggie...you are a very
nice......Bigot.

If trying not to get sick from someone elses secondhand smoke makes me a
bigot then so be it.

Have you ever gotten sick to your stomach, or had breathing problems, or
lost your hearing because of someone elses secondhand smoke you had no
choice but to breathe?

What sort of stuff literally makes you ill? Would you be accepting of
being deliberately exposed to a dangerous disease because someone felt
it was their right to cough or sneeze into the air you're going to take
your next breath from? What about H1N1 flu, hepatitis, pulmonary
tuberculosis, to name just a few?

At what point do you call people bigots who don't want to be exposed to
such things?

Many people like myself just don't want to get sick AGAIN since we've
been sick many times over due to secondhand smoke.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

wrote:

On 5/23/2016 3:29 AM, Bod wrote:
[...]

Why do you keep ignoring the questions people ask you? Admit to the group you emit just as much poisonous gasses as a smoker though your everyday life.

--
I went to a drive-in movie in a taxi - it cost me 95 quid.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

On 5/23/2016 2:55 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 23 May 2016 10:47:09 -0500, Muggles
wrote:

wrote:

On Sun, 22 May 2016 20:47:47 +0100, "Mr Macaw" wrote:
If you want to be second hand smoke free, move
away from the smokers, it's not that difficult.

Lol

It wasn't intended to be funny, it was pointing out how ridiculous
anti-smoking people are.

Smart people realize that smoking isn't cool OR healthy, and
society is
moving towards a smoke free environment - soon all public places
will be
smoke free.

What I put into my own body is MY business, not yours. If you don't
like it, move away.

What you put into the air that other people breath is the business of
people who have to breath your polluted air.

That applies to you as well Maggie

I don't smoke, don't wear perfume, and don't pollute the air, soooo...

Yeh! let's ban all aerosol cans of furniture polish/ fly spray and the
multitude of other harmful toxic cans of stuff and ban all cars that
emit harmful exhausts.

That's not even close to being the same thing as secondhand smoke.

Your right..its worse. Second hand smoke is so small a quantity as to
be a moot "thing".

It's about time, too. It wasn't like that when I was growing up. I'd
like to wipe out any possibility of smoking in any public places, and I
think that's the direction civilized society is headed.

So why are you simply single minded about second hand smoke?

It's important, that's why.

Given that there are not that many smokers...but you
yourself spritz out hundreds of pounds of carcinogens and toxins every
year.......your bigotry is quite...hysterical

Smokers stink, literally. It's a fact, and has nothing to do with bigotry.

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

On 5/23/2016 2:58 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

wrote:

On 5/22/2016 5:41 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

What I put into my own body is MY business, not yours. If you don't
like it, move away.

What you put into the air that other people breath is the business of
people who have to breath your polluted air.

That applies to you as well Maggie

I don't smoke, don't wear perfume, and don't pollute the air, soooo...

So you remain locked up in a cave, use no utilities, wear no clothing
and never fart?

Try again Maggie...try again.

Moving the goal posts and trying to change the subject doesn't negate
the very real issue of inconsiderate smokers and how secondhand smoke is
dangerous AND affects the health of anyone who ends up breathing it.

Who is changing the goal posts? Hardly us. You on the other hand
have singled out second hand smoke

On the contrary, I've been on topic for this part of this thread that
references "inconsiderate smokers". I didn't begin the topic.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

wrote:

[...]

Nothing has changed, you have always been able to select a place to sit without smoke. Take action yourself instead of being lazy and expecting everyone else to do it for you.

So why are you simply single minded about second hand smoke?

It's important, that's why.

As has been told to you about 10 times now in this very thread, it's no more important than ANY pollution, most of which you will contribute to yourself.

Smell is subjective. I like the smell of smoke. Do not assume the rest of the world is precisely like you. Why the **** should you have laws looking after you instead of people with a different viewpoint? You're an egotistical stuck up bigoted fool.

--
I used to eat nothing but natural foods.
Then I found one of the leading reasons for death was natural causes, so . . .
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

On 5/23/2016 3:08 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Mon, 23 May 2016 20:58:18 +0100, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Mon, 23 May 2016 12:32:24 -0500, Muggles

Moving the goal posts and trying to change the subject doesn't negate
the very real issue of inconsiderate smokers and how secondhand smoke is
dangerous AND affects the health of anyone who ends up breathing it.

Who is changing the goal posts? Hardly us. You on the other hand
have singled out second hand smoke to the THE cause celibre..the root
of the end of the world...and have become blind to the toxins and
carcinogens you yourself spread into the atmosphere.

Jeremiah 5:21 (€˜Hear now this, O foolish people, and without
understanding; which have eyes, and see not; which have ears, and hear
not).

Would you like to have a discussion about what that text actually means??

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

wrote:

On Mon, 23 May 2016 12:32:24 -0500, Muggles

Moving the goal posts and trying to change the subject doesn't negate
the very real issue of inconsiderate smokers and how secondhand smoke is
dangerous AND affects the health of anyone who ends up breathing it..

Who is changing the goal posts? Hardly us. You on the other hand
have singled out second hand smoke to the THE cause celibre..the root
of the end of the world...and have become blind to the toxins and
carcinogens you yourself spread into the atmosphere.

Jeremiah 5:21 (€˜Hear now this, O foolish people, and without
understanding; which have eyes, and see not; which have ears, and hear
not).

Would you like to have a discussion about what that text actually means??

Jonathan Swift believed it meant "There are none so blind as those who will not see. The most deluded people are those who choose to ignore what they already know".

--
TV takes over your life when you could be doing useful things like smoking crack and stealing car stereos.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

wrote:

[...]

That doesn't change the fact you choose to ignore similar things suggested to you.

--
I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven't got the guts to bite people themselves.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

wrote:

On 5/23/2016 3:29 AM, Bod wrote:
[...]

That's the dumbest question any has ever asked.

But, since you think you're right, I'll gladly post the answer.

"Secondhand smoke contains more than 7,000 chemicals, including hundreds
that are toxic and about 70 that can cause cancer."

"A typical fart is composed of about 59 percent nitrogen, 21 percent
hydrogen, 9 percent carbon dioxide, 7 percent methane and 4 percent
oxygen. Only about one percent of a fart contains hydrogen sulfide gas
and mercaptans, which contain sulfur, and the sulfur is what makes farts
stink."

People DON'T emit anything close to the same poisonous gases as a smoker.

Next, dumb question on your list??
--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

wrote:

On 5/23/2016 2:55 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

Your right..its worse. Second hand smoke is so small a quantity as to
be a moot "thing".

It's about time, too. It wasn't like that when I was growing up. I'd
like to wipe out any possibility of smoking in any public places, and I
think that's the direction civilized society is headed.

Nothing has changed, you have always been able to select a place to sit
without smoke. Take action yourself instead of being lazy and expecting
everyone else to do it for you.

Many things have changed such as, restaurants, theaters, and work
places, government offices, to name a few, have gone totally smoke free.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

wrote:

[...]

You cherry picked a bible verse out of context from the Old Testament,
and you're relying on Jonathan Swift to tell you what it means?

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

wrote:

[...]

Nobody knows what the bible means, easily proved by the number of different interpretations. You're living your life based on interpretation.

--
Can you grow birds by planting birdseed?
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

wrote:

On 5/23/2016 2:55 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

Your right..its worse. Second hand smoke is so small a quantity as to
be a moot "thing".

It's about time, too. It wasn't like that when I was growing up. I'd
like to wipe out any possibility of smoking in any public places, and I
think that's the direction civilized society is headed.

Nothing has changed, you have always been able to select a place to sit
without smoke. Take action yourself instead of being lazy and expecting
everyone else to do it for you.

Many things have changed such as, restaurants, theaters, and work
places, government offices, to name a few, have gone totally smoke free.

Why is that necessary, as you've always been able to move to the part where nobody is smoking.

--
Polynesia -- memory loss in parrots.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

wrote:

On 5/23/2016 3:29 AM, Bod wrote:
[...]

Why did you single out farting?

--
Lymph (v.), to walk with a lisp.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

wrote:

[...]

You can read the text in context and actually know what it's saying and
what it means.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

wrote:

On 5/23/2016 2:55 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

Your right..its worse. Second hand smoke is so small a quantity as to
be a moot "thing".

It's about time, too. It wasn't like that when I was growing up. I'd
like to wipe out any possibility of smoking in any public places, and I
think that's the direction civilized society is headed.

Nothing has changed, you have always been able to select a place to sit
without smoke. Take action yourself instead of being lazy and expecting
everyone else to do it for you.

Many things have changed such as, restaurants, theaters, and work
places, government offices, to name a few, have gone totally smoke free.

Why is that necessary, as you've always been able to move to the part
where nobody is smoking.

Why should anyone have to move to accommodate a smoker and their
dangerous secondhand smoke?

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

wrote:

[...]

So, you can interpret it correctly and everyone else is wrong? Your ego is showing.

--
Uncle Larry was smoking in a restaurant the other day when a guy came up to him and said, "That smoke's bothering me."
Larry said, "Well, it's killing me. If I don't care about what it's doing to me, why would I give a **** what it's doing to you?"
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

wrote:

On 5/23/2016 2:55 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

Your right..its worse. Second hand smoke is so small a quantity as to
be a moot "thing".

It's about time, too. It wasn't like that when I was growing up. I'd
like to wipe out any possibility of smoking in any public places, and I
think that's the direction civilized society is headed.

Nothing has changed, you have always been able to select a place to sit
without smoke. Take action yourself instead of being lazy and expecting
everyone else to do it for you.

Many things have changed such as, restaurants, theaters, and work
places, government offices, to name a few, have gone totally smoke free.

Why is that necessary, as you've always been able to move to the part
where nobody is smoking.

Why should anyone have to move to accommodate a smoker and their
dangerous secondhand smoke?

Why not? It's you that wants to breathe clean air, you go find it.

Or better yet, why not hang a sign around your neck saying you hate smokers, then they can avoid you like the plague, or maybe beat you up. But either way it'll solve the problem.

--
Acupuncture is a jab well done.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

On Mon, 23 May 2016 16:03:06 -0500, Muggles
wrote:

So you dont BBQ, drive a motor vehicle, and live in a cave in a
distant forest...right? Chuckle...Maggie...you are a very
nice......Bigot.

If trying not to get sick from someone elses secondhand smoke makes me a
bigot then so be it.

Your imagination/fantasy world is really rich.

Have you ever gotten sick to your stomach, or had breathing problems, or
lost your hearing because of someone elses secondhand smoke you had no
choice but to breathe?

Actually...no, I havent. I have stood next to a Greyhound bus and in
the smoke path and it made my dinner a few minutes later taste a
bit...off.

What sort of stuff literally makes you ill? Would you be accepting of
being deliberately exposed to a dangerous disease because someone felt
it was their right to cough or sneeze into the air you're going to take
your next breath from? What about H1N1 flu, hepatitis, pulmonary
tuberculosis, to name just a few?

So you are claiming that second hand smoke is the same as the above?
Fascinating.... see my first comment about your fantasy world.

At what point do you call people bigots who don't want to be exposed to
such things?

So you are saying you live in a cave, dont come out among humans and
are doing your internet on a stone with a mallet?

Many people like myself just don't want to get sick AGAIN since we've
been sick many times over due to secondhand smoke.

Your alleged allergies are your own, not mine and forcing me to live
with your genetic issues is rather bigoted, dont you think?

Ive a suggestion for you...perhaps you should read an interesting
book..or at least one chapter from it...

https://www.traditionalright.com/victoria-chapter-16/

Get back to us after reading that chapter

Gunner
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

On Mon, 23 May 2016 16:23:45 -0500, Muggles
wrote:

That's the dumbest question any has ever asked.

But, since you think you're right, I'll gladly post the answer.

"Secondhand smoke contains more than 7,000 chemicals, including hundreds
that are toxic and about 70 that can cause cancer."

"A typical fart is composed of about 59 percent nitrogen, 21 percent
hydrogen, 9 percent carbon dioxide, 7 percent methane and 4 percent
oxygen. Only about one percent of a fart contains hydrogen sulfide gas
and mercaptans, which contain sulfur, and the sulfur is what makes farts
stink."

People DON'T emit anything close to the same poisonous gases as a smoker.

Yet the quantity is miniscule.

Next, dumb question on your list??
--
Maggie

Did you read that chapter yet? Feel the burn?

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

wrote:

[...]

Yet you yourself admitted to living in very tight quarters with 2
chain smokers for 18 yrs....and you think this is the same as passing
by a smoker outside or in a hallway?

Tsk tsk tsk...Id consider a mental health professional if I were you,
young lady.

So why are you simply single minded about second hand smoke?

It's important, that's why.

Really? Why?

Given that there are not that many smokers...but you
yourself spritz out hundreds of pounds of carcinogens and toxins every
year.......your bigotry is quite...hysterical

Smokers stink, literally. It's a fact, and has nothing to do with bigotry.

I notice you failed to address the last line I wrote..about you
spritzing out hundreds of pounds of carcinogens and toxins every year.
Why is that?

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

wrote:

On 5/23/2016 2:55 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

Your right..its worse. Second hand smoke is so small a quantity as to
be a moot "thing".

It's about time, too. It wasn't like that when I was growing up. I'd
like to wipe out any possibility of smoking in any public places, and I
think that's the direction civilized society is headed.

Nothing has changed, you have always been able to select a place to sit
without smoke. Take action yourself instead of being lazy and expecting
everyone else to do it for you.

Many things have changed such as, restaurants, theaters, and work
places, government offices, to name a few, have gone totally smoke free.

Yes ... and? Many places are drug free, gun free, sexism free and so
forth. In fact..many places require you to turn off your brain before
entering..such as Universities. And this means what exactly?

Gunner, unabashedly male and heterosexual.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

wrote:

On 5/23/2016 2:55 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

Your right..its worse. Second hand smoke is so small a quantity as to
be a moot "thing".

It's about time, too. It wasn't like that when I was growing up. I'd
like to wipe out any possibility of smoking in any public places, and I
think that's the direction civilized society is headed.

Nothing has changed, you have always been able to select a place to sit
without smoke. Take action yourself instead of being lazy and expecting
everyone else to do it for you.

Many things have changed such as, restaurants, theaters, and work
places, government offices, to name a few, have gone totally smoke free.

Why is that necessary, as you've always been able to move to the part
where nobody is smoking.

Why should anyone have to move to accommodate a smoker and their
dangerous secondhand smoke?

Why should any smoker have to accommodate an anti-smoker zealot and
their flights of fantasy?

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

wrote:

[...]

Again Maggie..Denial is not...not a river in Egypt.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

wrote:

[...]

Yes and? I also note that you clipped out the parts that made you
"uncomfortable" in your reply.

Thats rather hypocritical and bigoted of you, my dear.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

wrote:

On Mon, 23 May 2016 12:32:24 -0500, Muggles

Moving the goal posts and trying to change the subject doesn't negate
the very real issue of inconsiderate smokers and how secondhand smoke is
dangerous AND affects the health of anyone who ends up breathing it.

Who is changing the goal posts? Hardly us. You on the other hand
have singled out second hand smoke to the THE cause celibre..the root
of the end of the world...and have become blind to the toxins and
carcinogens you yourself spread into the atmosphere.

Jeremiah 5:21 (‘Hear now this, O foolish people, and without
understanding; which have eyes, and see not; which have ears, and hear
not’).

Would you like to have a discussion about what that text actually means??

Oh this is going to be very..very...very interesting.....

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

wrote:

[...]

Cherry picked? The same person who is allergic (allegedly) to minute
amounts of tobacco smoke and has stated that its the end of the world?

Gunner
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

wrote:

[...]

Context? Really...you spouted out Context?

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/23/2016 1:37 PM, Muggles wrote:

I don't smoke, don't wear perfume, and don't pollute the air, soooo...

Yeh! let's ban all aerosol cans of furniture polish/ fly spray and the
multitude of other harmful toxic cans of stuff and ban all cars that
emit harmful exhausts.

That's not even close to being the same thing as secondhand smoke.

It's PRECISELY the same.

Not even close.

So inhaling insecticide is better than smoke?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I tell people about fart absorbing underwear and they don't believe me but it is a real product that sells very well. ^_^

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1..._4156400..html

http://tinyurl.com/n32swew

[8~{} Uncle Fart Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

wrote:

[...]

uh huh Try reading the whole chapter of Jeremiah 5, and then tell me
what verse 21 means. That's called 'context'.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

wrote:

[...]

On emails I don't.
Anyway, that's got nothing to do with me not blocking anybody on newsgroups.

--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

wrote:

[...]

If you never reply, why would you want to see the posts?

--
G.A.Y. - Got Aids Yet?