Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How Much?

What do you pay for TV, internet and phone?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, December 10, 2015 at 1:15:49 PM UTC-5, Eagle wrote:
What do you pay for TV, internet and phone?

That is too broad of a question. If I said $179/month, what would that
tell you? If someone else said $59/month, what would that tell you?

Am I getting ripped off? Are they getting a great deal?

Don't you really need to know what we are paying and what services we
are getting for that money?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 10 Dec 2015 11:35:06 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Thursday, December 10, 2015 at 1:15:49 PM UTC-5, Eagle wrote:
What do you pay for TV, internet and phone?

That is too broad of a question. If I said $179/month, what would that
tell you? If someone else said $59/month, what would that tell you?

Am I getting ripped off? Are they getting a great deal?

Don't you really need to know what we are paying and what services we
are getting for that money?

....we just pay the "balance due" on the bill on the due date
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, December 10, 2015 at 1:15:49 PM UTC-5, Eagle wrote:
What do you pay for TV, internet and phone?

P.S. That's a pretty crappy subject line.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 10 Dec 2015 10:15:45 -0800
Eagle no@not now.ever wrote:

What do you pay for TV, internet and phone?

$ZERO! Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/10/2015 2:35 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Thursday, December 10, 2015 at 1:15:49 PM UTC-5, Eagle wrote:
What do you pay for TV, internet and phone?

That is too broad of a question. If I said $179/month, what would that
tell you? If someone else said $59/month, what would that tell you?

Am I getting ripped off? Are they getting a great deal?

Don't you really need to know what we are paying and what services we
are getting for that money?

Practically impossible to price as every one has something different and
you pay extra for premium channels and rent on equipment for several TV
sets.

I've never seen another company tell someone what they have to pay for
the first couple of years of service with the initial offer but not tell
you the price thereafter.

Would anyone buy a car if they were told that their payment would be
$200 a month for 2 years but it will go up and dealer won't tell you
what that will be?

I have Comcast triple play but have to constantly renegotiate cost.
I also have a FIOS line to the house on a land line. FIOS constantly
begs me to switch and I tell them I will if I get the initial offer for
life.

My neighbor across the street just switches service and when initial
offer expires and he cannot get an acceptable price, switches to the other.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 10 Dec 2015 10:15:45 -0800, Eagle no@not now.ever wrote:

What do you pay for TV, internet and phone?

$230-240 depending on how many movies my wife buys.

(Dish, 2 boxes, one is DVR, land line and 10g DSL internet)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/10/2015 11:15 AM, Eagle wrote:
What do you pay for TV, internet and phone?

The more interesting question, IMO, is how many hours of your life
do you spend at your 9-to-5 (before taxes!) to pay those (after taxes)
rates? Then, asking oneself if it's really *worth* that much of
your time (so you can diddle away even MORE time watching the
boob tube, surfing the web or chatting with others).
Posted to alt.home.repair

After serious thinking DerbyDad03 wrote :
On Thursday, December 10, 2015 at 1:15:49 PM UTC-5, Eagle wrote:
What do you pay for TV, internet and phone?

That is too broad of a question. If I said $179/month, what would that
tell you? If someone else said $59/month, what would that tell you?

Am I getting ripped off? Are they getting a great deal?

Don't you really need to know what we are paying and what services we
are getting for that money?

No, If you don't get all three on one bill, then break it down to per
service please.
I pay $200.00 for HD TV and 200 channels [I think, it might be more],
fiber optic access internet, and one landline #. The cell bill is
sepparate...two #'s. My upload speed is 84.3 MBps, download spee is
86.13 MBps.

Do you think #200.00 is about right, or too expensive for HD TV,fiber
optic internet, and one landline?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/10/15 1:15 PM, Eagle wrote:
What do you pay for TV, internet and phone?

Way too freakin' much! Local governments granted near-monopolies to
providers than didn't regulate the rate-gouging sumbitches...

--
Want to close wage gap? Step one: Change your major from gender studies
or feminist dance therapy to electrical engineering.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Eagle explained on 12/10/2015 :
[...]

BTW...that includes the server, the DVR, and three boxes.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/10/15 2:43 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Thursday, December 10, 2015 at 1:15:49 PM UTC-5, Eagle wrote:
What do you pay for TV, internet and phone?

P.S. That's a pretty crappy subject line.

No, not really-- it's concise, descriptive, and says exactly what he
wants to know.

--
NY City reports it's struggling to keep booming population of stray cats
under control. Tough one. Have they tried Cat-Free Zone signs?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Don Y expressed precisely :
On 12/10/2015 11:15 AM, Eagle wrote:
What do you pay for TV, internet and phone?

The more interesting question, IMO, is how many hours of your life
do you spend at your 9-to-5 (before taxes!) to pay those (after taxes)
rates? Then, asking oneself if it's really *worth* that much of
your time (so you can diddle away even MORE time watching the
boob tube, surfing the web or chatting with others).

I'm retired, and so is My Wife, so We watch lots of TV when We are not
busy doing other things. I race My 1968 Chevy C10 short box, and do
estimating on building projects for private builders.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Wade Garrett formulated on Thursday :
On 12/10/15 1:15 PM, Eagle wrote:
What do you pay for TV, internet and phone?

Way too freakin' much! Local governments granted near-monopolies to providers
than didn't regulate the rate-gouging sumbitches...

lol I hear you! It seems like home entertainment is getting more and
more expensive. The fiber optic service is much more reliable than the
satellite service we had before, so that eases the pain somewhat.

Posted to alt.home.repair

on 12/10/2015, Wade Garrett supposed :
On 12/10/15 2:43 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Thursday, December 10, 2015 at 1:15:49 PM UTC-5, Eagle wrote:
What do you pay for TV, internet and phone?

P.S. That's a pretty crappy subject line.

No, not really-- it's concise, descriptive, and says exactly what he wants to
know.

I was hoping to not get too personal about ones living costs because
everyone has different budgets they follow for monthly living. ^^
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/10/2015 4:12 PM, Eagle wrote:
[...]

That's better.

If I add my land line, I'm putting out the same.

But I have a DVR, an HD box, and three boxes non-HD and get HBO, Starz
and Encore.

Also retired, use services a lot.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/10/2015 2:17 PM, Eagle wrote:
Don Y expressed precisely :
On 12/10/2015 11:15 AM, Eagle wrote:
What do you pay for TV, internet and phone?

The more interesting question, IMO, is how many hours of your life
do you spend at your 9-to-5 (before taxes!) to pay those (after taxes)
rates? Then, asking oneself if it's really *worth* that much of
your time (so you can diddle away even MORE time watching the
boob tube, surfing the web or chatting with others).

I'm retired, and so is My Wife, so We watch lots of TV when We are not busy
doing other things. I race My 1968 Chevy C10 short box, and do estimating on
building projects for private builders.

My comment, that follows, is obviously purely a matter of my own,
personal, point of view -- your mileage obviously may (*does*!) vary:

I'd be "disappointed" if I worked my whole life just to spend
retirement "watching TV". I can understand not being physically/mentally
able to undertake other activities. But, *choosing* to sit in front
of the idiot box seems like such a colossal waste of opportunity;
you're finally at a point where you don't have to answer to someone
else's marching orders... can choose *what* you want to do with YOUR
time... "watching TV" wouldn't be high on my list.

(How many folks do you think express dismay, on their deathbeds,
for NOT having watched MORE TV?)

I am constantly cheating my body out of needed sleep/etc. simply
because there are so many things that I *want* to do with my waking
hours! I regularly lecture SWMBO to take advantage of "opportunities"
as there's no guarantee she'll be able to take advantage of them
in the future (nor that they will present themselves, then).

No interest in learning another killset? Mentoring youth? Volunteering
at a hospice? etc.

[Again, YMMV... I'm just pointing out *my* attitude towards the "MY TIME"
we each are, hopefully, granted]
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 10 Dec 2015 13:11:57 -0800, Eagle no@not now.ever wrote:

wrote :
On Thu, 10 Dec 2015 10:15:45 -0800, Eagle no@not now.ever wrote:

What do you pay for TV, internet and phone?

$230-240 depending on how many movies my wife buys.

(Dish, 2 boxes, one is DVR, land line and 10g DSL internet)

Thanks!
Your Wife must rent lots of movies, no?

She really doesn't really watch "TV". She just likes movies so I have
all of the movie channels and she also buys Netflix and Amazon Prime
although she buys enough stuff online to justify prime.

At this point I am trying to keep a Neilson type log to see if I could
just cut the cord on Dish and get everything I watch from streaming
and my antenna. If I had the $170 or so to work with, I imagine I
could stream it all, adding a couple extra services and still have
over $150 left over. Once you start looking at what is on Netflix and
Amazon, it appears a lot of the shows I watch, show up there fairly
soon without commercials. I would need to find a good stand alone DVR
for the network stuff I grab from the air.
I haven't looked at PC solutions although there are now 2 of them in
my entertainment center and one has the TV card in it. I just have not
had the time to screw with it or even plug it in.
I know that will burn a day or two ... at least. We are in the holiday
countdown and I don't have a day.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/10/15 3:16 PM, Frank wrote:
On 12/10/2015 2:35 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Thursday, December 10, 2015 at 1:15:49 PM UTC-5, Eagle wrote:
What do you pay for TV, internet and phone?

That is too broad of a question. If I said $179/month, what would that
tell you? If someone else said $59/month, what would that tell you?

I have Comcast triple play but have to constantly renegotiate cost.
I also have a FIOS line to the house on a land line. FIOS constantly
begs me to switch and I tell them I will if I get the initial offer for
life.

My neighbor across the street just switches service and when initial
offer expires and he cannot get an acceptable price, switches to the other.

Cable companies score at the bottom of the list in most all customer
service satisfaction surveys. Around my way, Comcast offers a very good
technology products- but their customer service and rates suck.

You negotiate a rate with them for 6, 9, 12 months or whatever, but then
you only get if for a month or two and they jack your bill back up.
When you call to complain, you wait on hold a long time, then an
offshore CSR that barely speaks English says she has no authority to
adjust rates so they dump you back on hold until you're escalated to
their "Customer Care" person. She says yes, I see you called on X date
but there's no notes from your conversation and we have no documentation
of the rate for the period you say. However, since you're such a good
and loyal customer as well as a nice person, as a one-time special
accommodation, we'll lower your monthly bill a buck and a half-- or some
insignificant amount.

I can understand this happening once, maybe even twice but it happens to
me every damned time-- at least 7-8 repeats in the last few years.

They just jacked up my promotional rate 68 percent. When I called, they
said take it or leave it...so I've been talking to ATT about their
U-Verse service. Service/features are comparable-- though internet speed
is slower but still fast enough-- and the promo price on a 1 year
contract if pretty decent. I'll probably be switching soon.

Hopefully ATT customer service is better...

--
When you give a schoolyard bully your lunch money, hes still going to
beat you up- and hes got your money.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/10/2015 4:35 PM, Don Y wrote:
[...]

Different strokes for different folks.

This time of year, I'd rather be out hunting but have to help my wife
recover from knee replacement surgery.

I also do work on line for extra cash.

I see lots of young folks, that say they don't spend a lot of time on
computers, never leave their smart phone. They don't realize that they
are doing the same thing.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/10/2015 2:41 PM, Frank wrote:

No interest in learning another killset? Mentoring youth? Volunteering
at a hospice? etc.

[Again, YMMV... I'm just pointing out *my* attitude towards the "MY TIME"
we each are, hopefully, granted]

Different strokes for different folks.

Of course! Hence the point of the initial disclaimer in my reply! I
just (personally) find it depressing to see folks spending THEIR time
(as in their SPECIAL time of life) doing pretty boring things. If you
can't *do* something, then, go *see* something, etc.

We have one neighbor (couple) who spend their days going out to eat.
But, not to "try new foods"; rather, to avoid cooking! (OK, fine.
But, maybe look for foods that won't add to their "rotundity"??
Or, would they NOT like to see grandkid's *4th* birthday? 5th? etc.)

Another neighbor is glued to his PC just surfing the web; his wife
abandons him for weeks at a time as she's decided she'd prefer to
spend time with her grandkids WHILE they are still interested in
her AND she is still capable of interacting with them.

Another spends his days riding his bicycle (leisurely) around town.
shrug I *guess* that's better than NOT riding. But, doesn't
seem to be much more than watching TV in the grand scheme of things...

This time of year, I'd rather be out hunting but have to help my wife recover
from knee replacement surgery.

Obligations take precedence over personal preferences.

I also do work on line for extra cash.

I see lots of young folks, that say they don't spend a lot of time on
computers, never leave their smart phone. They don't realize that they are
doing the same thing.

Exactly. And, SUFFER when they are denied access to it (class, church,
driving, etc.) "Gee, I wonder if anyone has tried to say something,
ANYTHING, to me in the past few minutes that I was unable to catch
AT THAT VERY INSTANT because I was busy keeping this vehicle on the
roadway..."

I am "terrible" at social functions (obligations) because I will inevitably
find someone interesting -- and, then, "pick their brain" trying to
learn from their experiences. Some folks delight in this sort of attention
fixated on themselves. Others cringe as if it was an *assault*.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 10 Dec 2015 14:35:41 -0700, Don Y
wrote:

I'd be "disappointed" if I worked my whole life just to spend
retirement "watching TV". I can understand not being physically/mentally
able to undertake other activities. But, *choosing* to sit in front
of the idiot box seems like such a colossal waste of opportunity;
you're finally at a point where you don't have to answer to someone
else's marching orders... can choose *what* you want to do with YOUR
time... "watching TV" wouldn't be high on my list.

I use the TV as a radio most of the day. I have an RF headset and I
will crank up something like Charlie Rose and go on with my other
activities.
In that regard I really want something like Charlie or perhaps a
history channel type of show that is really just a scripted slide show
where the slides are secondary to the story. A lot of the time they
are just "B roll" that may not actually be from what they are talking
about but it looks right. I have seen that destroyer quartering in
for an attack in everything from "Victory at Sea" to Mc hale's Navy.
It is a rare WWII navy story that doesn't use it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Wade Garrett wrote :
On 12/10/15 3:16 PM, Frank wrote:
[...]

It sounds like the internet/TV/phone service has your number/scam and
are jacking you off/kissing your booty and scamming/take it or leave it
right back...or am I misreading/understanding you?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank formulated on Thursday :
[...]

I USED to get all those pay extra services [except HBO] but got tired
of paying $225.00 a month, so I cut out the no omercial channels and
dropped My bill to $200.00. After going without the no commercial
channels for a month, the extra $25.00 for no commercials is more
better. I'll prolly see about a new contract and get those channels
back and pay less for one year then drop that service and go with
"DISH". I just got a flyer in My snail mail from "DISH" for $49.00.
I sure miss the days of analog TV and antennas to get channel 2,4,5,7,
9,11 and 13 and not pay a dime for TV.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Don Y explained :
No interest in learning another killset? Mentoring youth? Volunteering
at a hospice? etc.

[Again, YMMV... I'm just pointing out *my* attitude towards the "MY TIME"
we each are, hopefully, granted]

Being retired lets you do what you want, when you want and tv is a part
of that doing what you want. We enjoy watching TV and playing with our
Poms.
Besides all the things I've mentioned, I have one passion I take great
interest in. I sponsor needy teens on My home reservation, I'm a member
of Sicangu Oyate The Rosebud Reservation. I make regular trips back
home and bring several teens back to So. Cal. And give them a taste of
the world outside and give them the opportunity to see what the rest of
the world is like.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I'd be "disappointed" if I worked my whole life just to spend
retirement "watching TV". I can understand not being physically/mentally
able to undertake other activities. But, *choosing* to sit in front
of the idiot box seems like such a colossal waste of opportunity;
you're finally at a point where you don't have to answer to someone
else's marching orders... can choose *what* you want to do with YOUR
time... "watching TV" wouldn't be high on my list.

I use the TV as a radio most of the day. I have an RF headset and I
will crank up something like Charlie Rose and go on with my other
activities.

I take that approach late at night while working; play a movie (DVD)
while in the next room -- relying on the audio to cue me as to what
is happening on the (not visible) screen, at the time. (TV is
usually *off* so nothing to see even if I wanted to do so!)

In that sense, it's just "background noise" -- something that's
happening to which I don't have to pay close attention.

I'd much rather listen to music but that seems to interfere
with SWMBO's sleep -- she can tune out a movie but not music
(well, not *my* music! : )

In that regard I really want something like Charlie or perhaps a
history channel type of show that is really just a scripted slide show
where the slides are secondary to the story. A lot of the time they
are just "B roll" that may not actually be from what they are talking
about but it looks right. I have seen that destroyer quartering in
for an attack in everything from "Victory at Sea" to Mc hale's Navy.
It is a rare WWII navy story that doesn't use it.

I rarely want something that will compete for my attention. I'd
much rather "watch" a movie I've previously seen so anything that
seeps into my conscious doesn't draw it away from the task at hand.
Or, if it does, it does so in such a way that I can *predict* what
will be coming next and can, thus, choose to push it back out of
conscious thought (in much the same way that familiar songs don't
compete for attention when you're attention is elsewhere).

Getting me to sit and WATCH a flick raises the bar REALLY HIGH!
Doubtful that I would expend (waste?) that much time on something
of unknown quality (for the same reason, I won't go out to
The Show -- investing that time PLUS MORE in the hope that I'll
see something that even remotely warrants my time.).

OTOH, there are many flicks that I will (and do, with some repeat
frequency!) sit and watch gleefully. But, I've previously decided
they were worth the time to (re)watch.

The most interesting behaviour comes with shows that are airing
on TV -- but, that I already own on DVD/LVD/VHS/etc. I.e., I can
watch the show AT MY CONVENIENCE... yet, will arrange my schedule
to catch it when *broadcast* -- even with commercial interruptions.
E.g., this time of year, it's shows like Frosty or Rudolph; reasonably
short, nostalgic and just plain "fun".

[Of course, most years I miss them entirely as we don't have a
"guide" service to consult; if we don't see an ad for the show
prior to its airing, it will pass us by]
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 10 Dec 2015 16:15:28 -0500, Wade Garrett
wrote:

NY City reports it's struggling to keep booming population of stray cats
under control. Tough one. Have they tried Cat-Free Zone signs?
- @fredthompson RIP

Makes me wonder how deer read Deer Crossing Zone signs.
--
"People who worry about crocodiles are smart!" -Joe Machi
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/10/2015 4:22 PM, Eagle wrote:
Don Y explained :
No interest in learning another killset? Mentoring youth? Volunteering
at a hospice? etc.

[Again, YMMV... I'm just pointing out *my* attitude towards the "MY TIME"
we each are, hopefully, granted]

Being retired lets you do what you want, when you want and tv is a part of that
doing what you want. We enjoy watching TV and playing with our Poms.
Besides all the things I've mentioned, I have one passion I take great interest
in. I sponsor needy teens on My home reservation, I'm a member of Sicangu Oyate
The Rosebud Reservation. I make regular trips back home and bring several teens
back to So. Cal. And give them a taste of the world outside and give them the
opportunity to see what the rest of the world is like.

Great! I have a friend who "raises" guide dogs to take some of the
cost/space pressure off the organizations that do so. It's a different
sort of "pet" interface as they need to be taught to be "responsible"
and not just "playful" or "casually obedient" (if a guide dog screws up,
a life can be at risk)

Another friend reads stories to young hospitalized children. I don't
think I'd have the stomach for that, given some of their maladies.

Another tutors young kids (though without regard for "means" -- so, it's
just as likely that he's saving their well-off parents monies that they
can then spend on other frivolities).

I'd have loved to learn to ride a unicycle -- but, suspect my body
can no longer tolerate the abuse that would come from the "learning".

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Eagle" no@not now.ever wrote in message
I USED to get all those pay extra services [except HBO] but got tired of
paying $225.00 a month, so I cut out the no omercial channels and dropped
My bill to $200.00. After going without the no commercial channels for a
month, the extra $25.00 for no commercials is more better. I'll prolly see
about a new contract and get those channels back and pay less for one year
then drop that service and go with "DISH". I just got a flyer in My snail
mail from "DISH" for $49.00.
I sure miss the days of analog TV and antennas to get channel 2,4,5,7,
9,11 and 13 and not pay a dime for TV.

I went with Direct TV about 8 months ago, switching from cable. Use the
recorder a lot now and skip over the commercials on lots of shows. Watch
an hour show in less than 45 miuets.

The digital TV antenna will give me about 30 channels if I hook it up. Many
of them are the same show.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/10/15 4:35 PM, Don Y wrote:
[...]

I'm retired too.

I was a hard-working SOB my entire life-- started working real part-time
jobs around age 14, put myself through college and grad school, worked
about 10 years for big companies then went out on my own and ran a
lucrative consulting practice for 35 years.

Traveled regionally and nationally, some international, with 10-12-14
hour days the norm- and too many consult all day/travel all night weeks-
with maybe Sundays "off."

So I gotta tell ya', I'm damn tired and my head still spins when I lay
down at night. I love nothing better than a mindless veg-out in front of
the TV-- or waste time posting on usenet ;-)

--
The lion may be King of the Jungle, but airdrop him into Antarctica and
hes just a penguins bitch.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 10 Dec 2015 15:16:44 -0500, Frank "frank wrote:

Practically impossible to price as every one has something different and
you pay extra for premium channels and rent on equipment for several TV
sets.

All I know, is that it would cost me about $100 a month more than my
basic landline costs me now. And that includes my dialup internet. All
I'd really gain from a satellite would be faster internet. That would be
nice, but I really dont need it. Newsgrouops and email work fine on
dialup, and there really is not that much that interests me on the web
anymore. My phone would work the same as it does now. I'd gain some tv
stuff, but I'm satisfied with what I get on my antenna, and am not a
real tv watcher anyhow. The satellite company dont just provide
internet, I'd have to take the whole package. For about $30 a month I
get landline and dialup internet and that's as much as I'm willing to
pay.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

(How many folks do you think express dismay, on their deathbeds,
for NOT having watched MORE TV?)

I want a TV in my coffin. Once I am in that box, I wont be able to do
anything except watch TV.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/10/2015 12:15 PM, Eagle wrote:
What do you pay for TV, internet and phone?

49 for cable/internet capped at 250 gig/month if I bought the new
modem up to 50Mbs ... with the old one I have up to 20 Mbs
Phone a 10 dollar old flip phone from net10 and wallyworld at 17
dollars a month for 200 maybe 250 minutes. Plenty for me no more than I
use it.
so.... looks like 66 dollars ... my water bill was 49 bucks phone
costs have gone down over the years but water/sewage/trash has doubled.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, December 10, 2015 at 3:35:29 PM UTC-6, Don Y wrote:

No interest in learning another killset? Mentoring youth? Volunteering
at a hospice? etc.

I'd like to learn another "killset". Perhaps I could learn to be a ninja assassin. ( -_・) ︻デ一

[8~{} Uncle Mimja Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 10 Dec 2015 13:12:57 -0800, Eagle no@not now.ever wrote:

[...]

I pay about that for high speed cable internet, 2 TVs, PVR, 2 cell
phones - data on one, and phone here in Central Ontario.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, December 10, 2015 at 12:15:49 PM UTC-6, Eagle wrote:
What do you pay for TV, internet and phone?

I don't pay anything here at the center 25 to 60mbs down depending on load and 4.5mbs up. At home, my housemate has a POTS line with 3 numbers business/fax/residence costing around $80 per month. A smartphone ? per month. Charter Cable basic TV and Internet I think $35 per month for 12mbs down & 1.5mbs up. I have two magicJacks costing $70 per year, two TracFones one is a SafeLink phone, Spok digital paging/VM service $28 per month. I've been with the paging company for 30 years and it's a number everyone has. I still get calls from people wanting things done and I hate to tell them I can't work right now. 8-(

[8~{} Uncle Phone Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 10 Dec 2015 15:06:00 -0800, Eagle no@not now.ever wrote:

I sure miss the days of analog TV and antennas to get channel 2,4,5,7,
9,11 and 13 and not pay a dime for TV.

Sounds like you are in the DC Bal'mer area. I was there for 38 years
and never had anything but a Betamax and an antenna. If I rotated the
antenna and held my mouth right I could get Ch 6 out of Richmond too
(blacked out Redskin games).

You can still get those I imagine and there are probably 3 or 4 sub
channels under each with a lot of reruns of old TV shows.

MCM.com has a pretty good fringe antennas for about $30-40 that will
pull in signals from 70 miles away or so with decent line of sight..

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/10/2015 4:15 PM, Wade Garrett wrote:
On 12/10/15 2:43 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Thursday, December 10, 2015 at 1:15:49 PM UTC-5, Eagle wrote:
What do you pay for TV, internet and phone?

P.S. That's a pretty crappy subject line.

No, not really-- it's concise, descriptive, and says exactly what he
wants to know.

But meaningless information without more detail. I pay $160 and $67.
What does that tell you? How can you compare services unless I tell you
more?